Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 15

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 15 of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week, it’s Purple Canary in charge and making the final selections. In his time with us Purple has been a very successful picker. Last season he finished on 86% and he’s also on 86% this time. Purple achieves these figures in a very unique way as he always hunts high and low to provide the most obscure selections for me to hunt down. But this is a dream for the PUP making ther final selections because it’s always a different option with an 86% chance of being right. Purple’s current winning run stands at 9 so he comes into his week in the very best form. On Rays Funds Purple is a very good supporter of what we try to do and is very helpful. Away from Rays Funds he is one of my favourite posters who’s insight into the financial side of our football club is widely respected.

Last week Chelle was really unlucky recording yet another 5/6. We know we can’t win every week but we get so close it often feels like we can. I’m sure this team of PUPs is our strongest ever so if we keep doing what we are doing the next win won’t be far away. Don’t forget for your selection to be considered it must be listed on the Bet365 web site.

I thought I’d just update you all on this season’s wins. Carry on at this rate and it will be a record breaking season. But of course to keep it going we have to be lucky too.

Win week 4 (Scooby)

Win week 5 (Mandy)

Win week 9 (Mr Bump)

Win week 10 (Kathy)

Win week 12 (Tilly)

So now Ill hand the thread over to Purple Canary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Purple ... the free bet is yours....... [:)]...

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1859 for the Academy,so far.

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Purple and to all you other PUPs out there.

Germany this week and a HOME WIN please. for BAYERN MUNICH v Hannover.

Austria for me this week:

AUSTRIA VIENNA 5-1-2 (15-4) -v- SV Mattersburg 1-2-5 (6-19)  HOME WIN

Good Luck Purple and all you Lovely PUPs [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Purple achieves these figures in a very unique way as he always hunts high and low to provide the most obscure selections for me to hunt down. But this is a dream for the PUP making ther final selections because it’s always a different option with an 86% chance of being right. Purple’s current winning run stands at 9 so he comes into his week in the very best form. On Rays Funds Purple is a very good supporter of what we try to do and is very helpful. Away from Rays Funds he is one of my favourite posters who’s insight into the financial side of our football club is widely respected.

[/quote]

It''s only 41 different countries in 79 selections, nutty![:D][;)][:D] Seriously, all picks, no matter how near or far, will be gratefully received. If posters could make their selections by about 6pm UK time on Friday that would be appreciated.

Uncharted territory for me this week with an affering from Serbia...

Partizan Beograd (Top, 7-0-0 25-4 at home) vs Smederevo (2nd bottom, 1-3-3 4-7 away) - Home Win

Best of luck Purple, and of course all you PUPs

SHAKHTAR DONETSK to beat unpronouncable fc in the mighty Ukrainian league.

Good luck Purple and all the PUPS!

Still gutted after last week!!!

Anyway, its back to Scotland for me

Celtic to win at home against Inverness Caley Thistle

Good luck one and all, especially Purple Canary

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]

and as I''m going away for a week on sunday and not sure if i''ll have internet could i also

Man Utd V QPR - Manure win please

Good luck all. i expect to return to find 2 wins :-)

[/quote]

This is Newcastle Uni Canary''s selection he left last week.

[/quote]

Back to the Championship this week - I would like Middlesbrough v Bristol City HOME Win please. 

Boro in 3rd will want to keep the pressure on the top two, their home form is good (won 6, lost 1, drawn 1) and they face a Bristol City who have a woeful away record, a mirror image to Boros, won 1, drawn 1 and lost 6.

Good luck all pups, and the best of luck Purple.

PSG have had a bit of a sticky patch, but I fancy them to get back on track at home to a Troyes side with only one win in the last five.

Best of luck PC (although I''m sure your faithful retainer will be doing the donkey work[;)]) and to all you lovely Pups[Y]

I can''t see past a Man U home win vs QPR this week. They need to win after their defeat last week [;)] .Good luck purple and fellow pups

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Purple achieves these figures in a very unique way as he always hunts high and low to provide the most obscure selections for me to hunt down. But this is a dream for the PUP making ther final selections because it’s always a different option with an 86% chance of being right. Purple’s current winning run stands at 9 so he comes into his week in the very best form. On Rays Funds Purple is a very good supporter of what we try to do and is very helpful. Away from Rays Funds he is one of my favourite posters who’s insight into the financial side of our football club is widely respected.

[/quote]

It''s only 41 different countries in 79 selections, nutty![:D][;)][:D] Seriously, all picks, no matter how near or far, will be gratefully received. If posters could make their selections by about 6pm UK time on Friday that would be appreciated.

[/quote]

I considered Dunfirmline, Man Utd, Middlesboro and Austria Vienna but they''ve already been picked. Then I took a liking to Villa Real in the Segunda but thought "but it''s for Purple so I won''t go anywhere so close to the beaten track!". No buddy, for you I''m going to Algeria where El Harrach entertain Bel Abbes. El Harrach have yet to concede a home goal (W4 D2 L0 F8 A0). Bel Abbes haven''t won away and have only scored three times (W0 D2 L4 F3 A10).

El Harrach           v             Bel Abbes          Home Win

You can have your atlas back again now Purple. Good luck buddy[;)][Y]

Staying in the English leagues this week with....

Middlesboro....Home win.

Good luck to Purple and one and all.

Good luck Purple!I know you like your obscure foreign teams so this week I am going with one of my favouritesTHE NEW SAINTS v Carmarthen - HOME WIN in the Welsh PremiershipLeedscanaryps, I''m suprised Tilly hasn''t quoted the post in which this seasons winners were listed! [;)]

Less than 24 hours until PC wants to have his final six in, and only 20 picks in so far.

I know some people (/everyone) have busier lives than me :P But we all know this thread goes up on a Wednesday, and the final six is posted Friday. Checking last weeks thread, there were 48 picks (which in itself is a shame, i''m sure a season or two ago we were around the 70 mark most weeks, but people come and go) all in all. So less than half last weeks pickers have posted so far, with less than 24 hours until the final six are in.

Its not an easy job picking the right six winners, every week many a favourite fails to win, and very few of those favourites not winning are that obvious for various reasons. PC needs our help, i''m sure its going to be harder for him to consider the later picks because he''ll have already been checking out the picks that are posted. And i''m sure its fair to say the later you leave it the more likely it is your pick is a duplicate, which is of course fine, you might have even picked it out in advance and just not had time to post. But I know once or twice when i''ve not been able to post on Wednesday or Thursday i''ve just gone for a safe option like Barcelona.

This isn''t trying to pick on anyone, or make any demands. But this is the one thread on here that i''m sure everyone will agree is well worth your time, we are doing something good, it stays friendly. I just don''t like seeing the final picker only have 1/2-2/3rds of all picks made available to them. We need to make sure this thread stays full of life for as long as possible, even if the technical side of the forum tries its best to keep us away!

Thanks GPele. You make some good points. It''s a fine balancing act between getting the picks in asap and waiting for more fixtures to arrive on Bet365 and coping with the forum''s technical issues. 48/50 has been the norm now for the last couple of seasons and they''re a very good and very commited team. I think we need to do something of a recruitment drive before next season though. There''s a lot of good and knowledgable posters on here who we never seem to attract onto our thread.

If you are still waiting for more selections Purple then I don''t mind how late you post your picks. [Y]

Thanks GPele. You make some good points. It''s a fine balancing act between getting the picks in asap and waiting for more fixtures to arrive on Bet365 and coping with the forum''s technical issues. 48/50 has been the norm now for the last couple of seasons and they''re a very good and very commited team. I think we need to do something of a recruitment drive before next season though. There''s a lot of good and knowledgable posters on here who we never seem to attract onto our thread.

If you are still waiting for more selections Purple then I don''t mind how late you post your picks. [Y]

[/quote]

Thanks, nutty. I am relaxed about how things are going (unless all those who plumped for Man Utd are having second thoughts...[:O]) but may put back my selection a bit. One point - a Monday game has been recommended. I assume that is OK?

I am much more concerned about the club''s financial position, in the wake of the accounts and the AGM. All this self-congratulation[}][{] I predicted is way off beam. The situation is really quite serious.[li] But that is for another time and another thread.[;)]