Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 17

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 17 of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week we have another of our top PUPs with Graham Humphrey in charge and making the final selections. Graham is one of our longest serving PUPs who has been with us from way back. And of course he already has his name on Ray’s signature thanks to his terrific winning week on Boxing Day 2010. But this season I decided to move him forward from the festive weekend. Knowing that Graham would be spending those days in Chicagos or The Catherine Wheel it made sense to leave “the season to be jolly” in ‘broadslim and Statto’s sober hands. Graham is one of the many friends I have made through these threads and is great company whenever I see him. He is also one of the clubs most committed fans who travels all over the country supporting our great team. But having said that it would be remiss of me not to mention that one of his life’s ambitions is to become Tilly’s clothes twin! Of course Graham needs all you PUPs to be on top form if he is to repeat his win of two years ago. Don’t forget for your selection to be considered it must be listed on the Bet365 web site.

I’ve provisionally sorted out the rota for January. Please let me know if these dates are ok. As always I can facilitate a change if necessary.

Jan   5th  1st Wazzock

Jan  12th  Beauseant

Jan  19th  Excited Canary

Jan  26th  Fonejacker

So now Ill hand the thread over to Graham. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x2 by your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Graham ... the free bet is yours....... [B][B][;)]

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1859 for the Academy,so far.

To Moscow before the Russian winter[li] (which has dashed the odd hope[U] in its time) sets in.

CSKA Moskva to win at home against Mordovia Saransk.

CSKA with a 7-0-2 and 15/6 home record. Mordova with a 1-1-6 and 6/17 away record.

Good luck to all!

Good evening Nutty and may i say very good luck indeed to you Mr. Magners and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to the land of the frogs this week and a HOME WIN please for PSG v Evian.

Spanish 2nd Division for me this week

Almeria (2nd, 6-2-0 14-3 at home) v Lugo (17th, 0-4-4 4-12 away) - Home Win

Best of luck Graham, and all you PUPs

Germany this week where I think Bayern Munich will beat 2nd bottom Augsburg.Augsburg are at home but their home record of P8 W1 D3 L4 (F7 A13) does not compare to Munich''s away record of P7 W6 D1 L0 (F18 A1).Note Munich have also only conceded one goal away from home all season, scoring 18 in response.  Am hoping the away factor gives decent odds in the 4/9 region.

FC Porto for me this week please, and I''m fine for January 12th Nutty.

Good luck Graham, although no doubt if you win we''ll never get you out of Chicagos![<:o)]

[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]Good luck Graham - Hic!Rich pickings in the 3rd round of the Welsh Cup this weekend, as long as the frost keeps at bayTHE NEW SAINTS v Conwy Borough - HOME WINHope to raise my glass to you after the weekend!Leedscanary

Thanks for the intro Nutty.  I won''t even attempt to protest against my reputation when it comes to alcohol but I take exception to the "clothes twin" comment... just because I have a couple of M & S shirts, there''s nothing wrong with that you know [;)]Anyway it''s great to be doing this once again.  Winning in 2010 was brilliant but last year was a funny one, let down by Blackburn winning at Man United of all places and it all went downhill after that.  Hopefully getting in before the busy Christmas period will make it a bit easier to find a winning six.  But only slightly, I''d guess.  (Good job you didn''t pick me for the 29th [;)])Thanks for all the picks so far and I''d like to see as many as possible before I make my selections on Friday night (totally sober I hasten to add).  With our record this season I''m sure between everyone we can get some good picks and hopefully some more cash for our Academy.On that subject, I went to watch the under-18s play in the Youth Cup against QPR tonight.  I confess I wasn''t familiar with most of the players, a matter not helped by not getting a team sheet and missing kick-off due to incompetence on my part, but I do know of the Murphy twins and they both look terrific prospects.  They were easily the most exciting players on the pitch.  It''s nice to think that the cash raised by the PUPs has made a contribution to that.Anyway, keep the picks coming and I''ll be back on Friday with my selections.  Thanks all.

Scouring the home leagues and finding a pick to be happy with is proving difficult this week. 

I''m going to take a risk with Swindon v Doncaster AWAY win please.  Both have patchy recent form, but Swindon have lost their last two against teams in the top six, and Doncaster currently sit 2nd in League 1.  There''s also a bit of value (currently anyway) with the away win (and of course there''s also probably good reason for that...!!).

Anyway, best of luck Graham and all pups.

I''ve got Gingerpele''s pick from facebook : -

''Almeria host Lugo this week, the team with the second worst away record, failing to win in 8 attempts only scoring 4 on their travels. Almeria on the otherhand are unbeaten at home, winning 6 and drawing 2, with a GD of +12 after only conceding 4 in those 8 games, they sit 2nd in the league and are unbeaten in 7 in the league and will be looking to continue their fine form as they look to get themselves back where they belong in La Liga.''

Almeria vs Lugo- Home win.

Good luck

I''ll go for Malaga to beat Granada in La Liga.  Malaga with a lot of momentum behind them and Granada struggling at the bottom of the table without an away win all season.

So that''s:

MALAGA v GRANADA - home win.

Really tough week in English leagues, have looked up and down several times and I''m going to go with Sheffield United to win away at Carlisle this week. (merely based on Carlisle''s recent home results which are dreadful)

Good Luck Graham and all pickers!

The legendary PUP Graham! This is going to be a peace of p*ss for you with your record in my competitions!

The odds aren''t too great on this but may I humbly suggest Ludogorets Razgrad v Montana in Bulgaria?

Good luck xxx

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Good evening Nutty and may i say very good luck indeed to you Mr. Magners and to all you other PUPs out there.

[/quote]

Can I just say selecting a match with ''Evian'' in the title, is a particularly inappropriate choice for Graham? [B][B][B]

It looks a really tough week Graham. I''m holding back to see if more games become available. At this moment I can''t find Monaco, Welsh Cup or Bulgaria on Bet365 so beware. But there''s time yet.

After last weeks let down (still gutted by the way!!), I''m heading for the Championship with

Leicester to win at home against Barnsley

Good luck everyone, especially Graham

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Can I just say selecting a match with ''Evian'' in the title, is a particularly inappropriate choice for Graham? [B][B][B]

[/quote]

I am sure it will be water off a ducks back.[;)]

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote][:)] Though in Ireland, I think Lisburn Distillery might be at home this weekend.