Sign in to follow this  
Dusk1983

Your MOTM?

I though Tettey, Hoolahan, Johnson & Bassong were all immense today, but overall I would go for Bassong as he is a class act.

Pleasure to have to complain that this is a difficult decision !I nammed Bassong and Tettey before it was anounced, could have easily gone to Ruddy, Holt, Wes or Johnson though.

After such a tremendous performance its difficult to pick a MOTM, but mine would be Bradley Johnson. He got well and truly "stuck in" despite being booked early in the game. OTBC[<:o)]

I am not a hoolahan fan but he was awesome today, he ran the show. BUT all 11 players are in the running for MOM IMO

[quote user="Phyxius"]Bradley Johnson, he was a rock in midfield, made some great tackles aswell.[/quote]^ This.

[quote user="Dusk1983"]Inspired by morty''s post. Hoolahan for me, and you?[/quote]Tettey for me, but Hoolahan was at his mercurial best.Ruddy was solid too.Lets face it, they all played well.[:D]

as above, with who wasn''t - so many good performances

Hoolahan was all over the place in the right sense, Bassong had an air of ''there''s no chance of you getting past me'', both Fb''s were excellent going forward, Holt back to his best, Bennett worked hos socks off, as did Pilks, Ruddy was faultless .................

the thing today was they all came good, and that''s perhaps what''s been missing from the previous games

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]Turner for showing he can actually play without messing up.[/quote]I think Bassong to Turner is like Carvalho (or Cahill) to Terry. Bassong has the positional awareness to complement Turner''s grit and commitment.

Hoolahan for me, because part way through the second half when he was doing his twisting and turning and those little pirouettes, I actually stopped and thought, fuuck this is Arsenal he''s doing this against, I want to have sex with him[:$]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Hoolahan for me, because part way through the second half when he was doing his twisting and turning and those little pirouettes, I actually stopped and thought, fuuck this is Arsenal he''s doing this against, I want to have sex with him[:$][/quote]Exactly. He outmanouvered Cazorla tonight. Enough said.

Hoolahan - As usual he plays footy the right way, works so hard and rarely loses the ball.

Bassong & Tettey just after

But there were so many MOTMs today.

[quote user="city4eva"] BUT all 11 players are in the running for MOM IMO[/quote]

Totally agree, some superb individual performances but overall the whole team were magnificent.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Can''t pick between Wes, Horse, Pilks, Johnson, Tettey and Bassong. Fantastic team performance.[/quote]Arsenal''s game is to control midfield but Wes completely dictated the tempo of the game. That plumped it for me.

Team effort, certain players stood out in nullifying arsenal.

classy garrido, our leader bassong and hoolahan running the show but tettey stood out and showed that missing midfielder we have been looking for for 8-9 years.

He covered every blade, with strength, pace, football knowledge, ability was clear to see. Our central midfield has been needing a general, he did order players up to press. I think he could be a key point.

Said we needed the spine of our team sorted, bassong, tettey and holt.

Still some areas where we can improve, certainly we fluffed very good opportunities, when we got he ball from arsenal deep in our half eb a number of times just looked upfield rather than being an option. Pilky was a little non existent when we went forward in the second half, but these are hyper-critical and it was honour being there today.

But I feel we have seen a midfielder that has filled that void and put a few of our other midfielders further down our pecking order who have limitations.

He has the potential to be that total midfielder, leader and fans favourite.

Think he will have another cracker at villa and for me our motm