Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

bye bye Clattenburg....

When we will have rugby style refereeing. The mic should be heard. I don''t care what he says it is the players I want to hear.

We need strong refs telling them to shut up etc. in rugby they are given warnings and we know who is in charge if there is arguing over a bad call, get on with the game. The decision can''t be changed.

[quote user="smooth"]When we will have rugby style refereeing. The mic should be heard. I don''t care what he says it is the players I want to hear.

We need strong refs telling them to shut up etc. in rugby they are given warnings and we know who is in charge if there is arguing over a bad call, get on with the game. The decision can''t be changed.[/quote]But the decision can and often is overturned because they have video playback.[Y]

It seems karma does exist for clattenburg, however I am struggling to have much sympathy with chelsea.

Yes the winner was offside, if marginally and at real time speed its easy to see why a lino would allow the goal in their split second single view.    The first sending off, despite chelseas subsequent and frankly ridiculous objections,  was the right decision.   Torres'' yellow was simply wrong but the ref did not have the benefit of a second view and Torres,  as all strikers do, made a meal of it.   Based on that booking I can think of one incident in the second half that Holt should have been booked for too.  However that does not excuse Chelseas sense of injustice - we have had more than our fair share of this and have to suck it up. 

Like Liverpool & Suarez, the allegations of racism against their players seem incredulous, a deflection tactic and like a spoilt child spitting out the dummy after Terry was (rightly in my view, wrongly in Chelseas) suspended and these decisions went against them.  The suggested reported words do not have the same weight as terrys or suarez offences and this seems to have been blown out of proportion.  If the words used are not as I have heard then the situation changes and they may be right to create a storm.

and while any racial slur should be punished (if guilty he will surely never referee again,  and should the punishment for the ref be different to a player?)  its ironic that players abuse refs every single premier game normally without censure...  that balance desperately needs balancing

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

It seems karma does exist for clattenburg, however I am struggling to have much sympathy with chelsea.

Yes the winner was offside, if marginally and at real time speed its easy to see why a lino would allow the goal in their split second single view.    The first sending off, despite chelseas subsequent and frankly ridiculous objections,  was the right decision.   Torres'' yellow was simply wrong but the ref did not have the benefit of a second view and Torres,  as all strikers do, made a meal of it.   Based on that booking I can think of one incident in the second half that Holt should have been booked for too.  However that does not excuse Chelseas sense of injustice - we have had more than our fair share of this and have to suck it up. 

Like Liverpool & Suarez, the allegations of racism against their players seem incredulous, a deflection tactic and like a spoilt child spitting out the dummy after Terry was (rightly in my view, wrongly in Chelseas) suspended and these decisions went against them.  The suggested reported words do not have the same weight as terrys or suarez offences and this seems to have been blown out of proportion.  If the words used are not as I have heard then the situation changes and they may be right to create a storm.

[/quote]

I have no time for Chelsea or Man U and even less time for Battenburg. At least we were spared the show pony''s pink cum scarlet top. That one decision effectively decided the match. How many times has it been said but the referee must be 100% certain when making such a big decision. He could have saved himself a lot of grief by not giving anything and just allowing play to continue. But, unfortunately, no common sense and he merely guessed wrong. Can''t help but recall earlier in the season when a QPR striker dived and fell to the ground - he couldn''t point to the penalty spot quickly enough. I sincerely hope we have seen the last of this odious creature.

Sadly, this won''t be the end for Clattenburg, simply because the only people party to what he said were the other three officials with no recording of his mike output being made, as per FIFA rules. As anyone who has been involved with the playing side will know, players and managers are not allowed to question officials immediately after the game. Not, in fact, until they have had time to closet themselves in their dressing room and make sure that they''ve all got the same story.

Will one of his colleague''s shop Clattenburg even if he''s guilty? It''s more likely that turkeys will vote for Christmas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20128484This is disgracefull, how Chelsea can dare to wave the race card at the bloke is beyond me. Its like pot and kettle. Its fine for Terry to do it but when its done to them its un-fair ?I would think that this is pharsical, half the Chelsea team dont have English as a first language so probably would know the difference between a racial slur and a comment about the weather anyway !

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Sadly, this won''t be the end for Clattenburg, simply because the only people party to what he said were the other three officials with no recording of his mike output being made, as per FIFA rules. As anyone who has been involved with the playing side will know, players and managers are not allowed to question officials immediately after the game. Not, in fact, until they have had time to closet themselves in their dressing room and make sure that they''ve all got the same story.

Will one of his colleague''s shop Clattenburg even if he''s guilty? It''s more likely that turkeys will vote for Christmas.

[/quote]

Heard good old Dermot on the radio saying that he would be very much against everyone hearing what the officials were saying during the match. I bet he would!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]and while any racial slur should be punished (if guilty he will surely never referee again,  and should the punishment for the ref be different to a player?)  its ironic that players abuse refs every single premier game normally without censure...  that balance desperately needs balancing[/quote]
Refs have got the power to caution players for foul language towards them though haven''t they? I know at youth level you never used to get away with telling a ref to ''f off''. Also, look at the likes of Collina. Do you think players gave him much abuse? I very much doubt it - why? Because he was a good ref who earned their respect because of his decent refereeing and the authority he had on the pitch. Moral of the story - refs ref better, get more respect. 

Quite simply the authorities have to get stronger.

Captain''s should be the only ones who can talk to a ref with any query, the way players rush around a ref etc is appalling. I would book them all and make it clear that any issues come through the captain.

As much as during 90 mins we complain about the ref, he should be the one in charge of the game. He has control not a footballer.

In American football if you were to crowd an official you would be off, rugby respect is paramount... Football is weak in this regard and with many other decisions as we have seen recently.

Some ref associations could go on strike over the way they are treated, that would mean changes would need to be made.

When a player gets injured, I love it when his teammates get angry because the other team don''t deliberately kick the ball out of play to stop the game. This is ridiculous. The referee has the responsibility for controlling the game which includes stopping it if a player is injured. There is no requirement for a player to take such action. It almost implies that players run the game and decide what happens. Many a true word etc.

[quote user="Webbo118"]When a player gets injured, I love it when his teammates get angry because the other team don''t deliberately kick the ball out of play to stop the game. This is ridiculous. The referee has the responsibility for controlling the game which includes stopping it if a player is injured. There is no requirement for a player to take such action. It almost implies that players run the game and decide what happens. Many a true word etc.[/quote]

Although there was once upon a time such a thing as sportsmanship, and if a fellow pro was injured on the floor they would kick the ball out of touch.  Unfortunately such a thing is in the past now.

[quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"]Although there was once upon a time such a thing as sportsmanship, and if a fellow pro was injured on the floor they would kick the ball out of touch.  Unfortunately such a thing is in the past now.[/quote]The problem now is gamesmanship, how many times have you seen a player writhing in pain when the opposition are attacking but when the ball is put out of play they are back on their feet and the promising attack has gone to a kick out from the keeper. It''s not surprising that players don''t put the ball out unless it  obvious that the injury is serious.

I think it goes to show the lack of sportsmanship in our game now when a referee gets the blame for not stopping the game if a player gets injured

Clattenburg could well of said this things who knows? To me this utterly stinks of Chelsea throwing their toys out of the pram about the john terry case

Had he gone down and gotten back up, the card would have gone against Man U, but he grabbed his knee which was nowhere near where he was tripped up. This made the legit foul look like another whiny weak attempt to fool the ref.

Looks like he did fool the ref!  Ha!  His reputation caught up with him and backfired.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"]Although there was once upon a time such a thing as sportsmanship, and if a fellow pro was injured on the floor they would kick the ball out of touch.  Unfortunately such a thing is in the past now.[/quote]

The problem now is gamesmanship, how many times have you seen a player writhing in pain when the opposition are attacking but when the ball is put out of play they are back on their feet and the promising attack has gone to a kick out from the keeper. It''s not surprising that players don''t put the ball out unless it  obvious that the injury is serious.
[/quote]

Exactly right. Leave it to the ref (by all means draw it to his attention) as he is the one who controls the game (allegedly)

Prior to any complaint about Clattenburg ...  

"...after the final whistle Clattenburg and his assistants were confronted in the officials’ dressing room by a Chelsea delegation of chief executive Ron Gourlay, manager Roberto Di Matteo, his assistant Eddie Newton and Mikel and matters quickly became heated."

"...The Times reports that Mikel''s allegations that a racial slur was made against him will be backed up by his team-mate Ramires, who has "emerged as a key witness" in the affair as he was closest to Clattenburg and Mikel at the time and "has told team-mates that he heard every word of their exchange"."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-round-im-gonna-break-f-084326829.html

"

''I''ll break your legs'': Clattenburg vs Chelsea post-game bust-up stunned onlookers

A foul-mouthed threat of violence was overheard as a band of Blues confronted the referee in his changing room after stormy loss to Manchester United"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mark-clattenburgs-chelsea-bust-up-was-like-1407220

What a load of cry babies modern players are.   They give it out  - swearing at the refs -  pressurising the refs - trying  to con the refs - and when that doesn''t work they resort to telling tales - they should be ashamed.    

[quote user="lake district canary"]What a load of cry babies modern players are.   They give it out  - swearing at the refs -  pressurising the refs - trying  to con the refs - and when that doesn''t work they resort to telling tales - they should be ashamed.    

[/quote]

and if the allegations are true?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]What a load of cry babies modern players are.   They give it out  - swearing at the refs -  pressurising the refs - trying  to con the refs - and when that doesn''t work they resort to telling tales - they should be ashamed.   [/quote]

[/quote]

To call someone a t*****r - if that what he did - is that acceptable?   Refs are called that all the time - and worse.   I  wouldn''t blame him if he called the players anything that they call him.   If he put a descriptive word in front of it - that is not racist imo.    If I call my neighbour a "thick northern b*****d" its  a descriptive insult.    Its not racist.   An insult, but not racist.    Same if I put  Scottish, Welsh, or  Eskimo in front of it.  Insulting yes, racist , no (imo). 

If I put a swear word in front the word t****r  - like the f word, that would be worse in my eyes.   Doubling the insult.     Putting a nationality is partially to do with identification - not racism.     That''s only my opinion and will be shouted down, I expect,  but there are a lot more derogatory things that can be said of a more racist nature than what I understand is alleged to have been said. 

The crime, if there is one is just "innapropriate language for a referee to use" - and that would be a very debatable crime, given what referees have to put up with from players - and fans.  

I hope I''ve said nothing to get this post deleted, its said in good faith - it may be considered old fashioned - but these days people imo are far too sensitive about things that are said in the heat of the moment.   Its like "Big Brother" (the book - not the tv series).   You can''t say anything at all without it being blown up, taken out of context and dissected until all common sense is lost.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]What a load of cry babies modern players are.   They give it out  - swearing at the refs -  pressurising the refs - trying  to con the refs - and when that doesn''t work they resort to telling tales - they should be ashamed.  

[/quote]

[/quote]

To call someone a t*****r - if that what he did - is that acceptable?   Refs are called that all the time - and worse.   I  wouldn''t blame him if he called the players anything that they call him.   If he put a descriptive word in front of it - that is not racist imo.    If I call my neighbour a "thick northern b*****d" its  a descriptive insult.    Its not racist.   An insult, but not racist.    Same if I put  Scottish, Welsh, or  Eskimo in front of it.  Insulting yes, racist , no (imo). 

If I put a swear word in front the word t****r  - like the f word, that would be worse in my eyes.   Doubling the insult.     Putting a nationality is partially to do with identification - not racism.     That''s only my opinion and will be shouted down, I expect,  but there are a lot more derogatory things that can be said of a more racist nature than what I understand is alleged to have been said. 

The crime, if there is one is just "innapropriate language for a referee to use" - and that would be a very debatable crime, given what referees have to put up with from players - and fans.  

I hope I''ve said nothing to get this post deleted, its said in good faith - it may be considered old fashioned - but these days people imo are far too sensitive about things that are said in the heat of the moment.   Its like "Big Brother" (the book - not the tv series).   You can''t say anything at all without it being blown up, taken out of context and dissected until all common sense is lost.  

[/quote]

I think Chelsea are alleging that Clattenburg used rather more serious language than that?!?!?......at least I assume they are for the Met. Police to be involved?

''I think Chelsea are alleging that Clattenburg used rather more serious language than that?!?!?......at least I assume they are for the Met. Police to be involved?''

......and the Met Police are taking action due to a complaint from the closely linked ''Association of Black Lawyers''! Is that not a racist organisation? I''m sure a ''White'' Association would be in all sorts of trouble and shot down in flames.The Black Lawyers, by the way, were not at the match, never saw or heard anything, but were prompted to complain by virtue of what they had been told. Lawyers relying on hearsay evidence - whatever next!

Its like pleb gate all over again.

Allegations that Mikel was call a monkey, Mata a Spanish T**t,  vehemently denied by the ref;   confusion over whether Mikel actually heard his insult,  supporting witnesses in Luiz and Ramires may or may not have heard it depending on who asks them, very similar to the cole / terry scenario whre the judge found coles evidence implausible - is there a pattern emerging yet??  

Whatever the outcome there can be little confidence over us ever knowing  what actually happened.