Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Blocks J and K of the Jarrold stand re the City v Villa League Cup Q/F

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/aston-villa-co-cup-qf-463191.aspx

So the season ticket holders in the prime seats of the Jarrold stand are being "kicked out" of their usual seats for the benefit of the away fans for the League Cup Q/F. 

If we get through to the Semi Final will another part of the ground, e.g., Lower Barclay (Jarrold stand end) take their turn?

But 9000 people didn''t turn up at Villa Park for our game there, why are we giving them more seats?

Punishment to the Norwich fans who didn''t attend the earlier cup games?

I''m assuming you weren''t at the game on Saturday as we all got a letter confirming this. I''ve bought my tickets today, annoyed I can''t get my seats and I hope the club realise that many season ticket holders in this area will no longer be able to sit together or have any sort of decent view. Still I got some half decent seats in the City Stand - not next to each other though.

Don''t know what''s going to happen but what should happen is the ST holders who didn''t go to the Spurs game make way for them.

I don''t know. Why don''t you arrange a meeting and ask Bowkett. I''m going to write to McNally and suggest the ST holders who didn''t go last week make way.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Don''t know what''s going to happen but what should happen is the ST holders who didn''t go to the Spurs game make way for them.

[/quote]

So you would penalise ST holders like me who had to work on the night of the Spurs game? Thanks buddy.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

So you would penalise ST holders like me who had to work on the night of the Spurs game? Thanks buddy.

[/quote]

Well someone has to be penalised. Tangie wanted it to be me. What goes around comes around buddy.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Wonder if this affects Mungo Bumpkin.  Where did he say he sits again?[:^)][/quote]

Somewhere he can see the snakepit.

Apparently....

However, due to an increase in away allocation under League Cup rules those season ticket holders in Blocks J and K of the Jarrold Stand will not be able to reserve their seat for this game - all those fans affected will be written to directly to explain their options.

Norwich City did not make the rules for League or FA Cup ticket allocations and if the visiting club request their full allocation there is didderly squat NCFC can do about it.When the Jarrold Stand was built its configurations to accomodate such an increase in away support was taken into consideration ie.segregation,tiolet and refreshment areas beneath the stand to prevent confrontation between both sets of fans.Furthermore and i stand to be corrected but i believe season ticket holders in J and K blocks have this unfortunate scenario outlined to them at the time they purchase their season ticket should the need arise.

Just to play devils advocate was this game to be played at Villa Park i am sure we would be looking to take 5 maybe 6 thousand fans therefore taking up half the Witton Lane stand rather than the usual 3,000 allocation for visitors.Therefore Villa would have to move season ticket holders but would we be concerned if the boot was on the other foot....no i think not.

Better hope we don''t get to the semi then or have an FA Cup run at home and draw the likes of Arsenal,Chelsea and Man Utd because it would happen all over again.Unfortunate for those involved but unpreventable.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 06/11/2012 1:42 AM:

I don''t know. Why don''t you arrange a meeting and ask Bowkett. I''m going to write to McNally and suggest the ST holders who didn''t go last week make way.

There are very many reasons why some season ticket holders were unable to make last weeks cup game - and your remark is a generalisation smacking of discrimination against those supporters, and should you write to the club I would suggest they will also point this out to you.

[quote user="City 2nd"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 06/11/2012 1:42 AM: I don''t know. Why don''t you arrange a meeting and ask Bowkett. I''m going to write to McNally and suggest the ST holders who didn''t go last week make way. There are very many reasons why some season ticket holders were unable to make last weeks cup game - and your remark is a generalisation smacking of discrimination against those supporters, and should you write to the club I would suggest they will also point this out to you.[/quote]

Well I''d better forget the letter and settle for a face2face with Bowkett then[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

When the Jarrold Stand was built its configurations to accomodate such an increase in away support was taken into consideration ie.segregation,tiolet and refreshment areas beneath the stand to prevent confrontation between both sets of fans.[/quote]

The toilet and refreshment areas servicing K block are part of the open concourse that runs from under K block to the corner of the Community Stand.  The first divide may be between K and J as the concourse narrows but I''m not certain that there is something they can pull down at that point.

I find it slightly annoying that people who werent interested in the Scunthorpe/Doncaster games and even the Spurs game to an extent yet are all flocking back to the League cup now.I get that people have reasons why they havent been and I''m not getting at anyone at all.It''s just something that slightly annoys me is all. Each to their own I say [:)]

[quote user="City 2nd"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 06/11/2012 1:42 AM: I don''t know. Why don''t you arrange a meeting and ask Bowkett. I''m going to write to McNally and suggest the ST holders who didn''t go last week make way. There are very many reasons why some season ticket holders were unable to make last weeks cup game - and your remark is a generalisation smacking of discrimination against those supporters, and should you write to the club I would suggest they will also point this out to you.[/quote]

Well I''d better forget the letter and settle for a face2face with Bowkett then[;)]

[/quote]

Would you know how like those that do know?

You could have a situation where a ''casual'' who has been to the 3 League Cup games so far cannot get a ticket for the quarter final because the League Cup Glory Hunting Season Ticket Whores, suddenly decide that competition isn''[t a waste of time after all.........

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] Would you know how like those that do know?[/quote]

Little do you know that I know that he knows that you know you can''t do a quote..

What school did you go to again....

Tangible this may help..........Rule 2 of the term and conditions of season tickets states that "Season ticket holders are not entitled to automatic entry to home cup ties.Season ticket holders will be given an exclusive period in which to purchase their designated seat for home cup ties Subject to the allocation of tickets to the visiting club."

Now your knowledge of football i am sure extends to the fact that a visiting club certainly for the FA Cup can request 15% of capacity which in the case of a 27,000 seater Carrow Road amounts to 4,050 for the visitors so i am amazed you are put out about being moved. As i said earlier unfortunate but unpreventable.If i had bought a season ticket in J or K blocks this scenario would have been at the back of my mind.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Wonder if this affects Mungo Bumpkin.  Where did he say he sits again?[:^)][/quote]

Somewhere he can see the snakepit.

Apparently....

[/quote][img]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/3/23/1300906509575/An-armchair-television-vi-007.jpg[/img]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Tangible this may help..........Rule 2 of the term and conditions of season tickets states that "Season ticket holders are not entitled to automatic entry to home cup ties.Season ticket holders will be given an exclusive period in which to purchase their designated seat for home cup ties Subject to the allocation of tickets to the visiting club."

[/quote]

So as a matter of fairness, it could be YOU who is asked to move for the next cup home match.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

So as a matter of fairness, it could be YOU who is asked to move for the next cup home match.

[/quote]
It could be but you know that in cases like this it will always be blocks J & K. I guess if you don''t want to run that risk you try and get a seat elsewhere in the ground in the next movers and shakers week.
Davo

"Somewhere he can see the snakepit.

Apparently...."

The Wensum Stand I should imagine, you can also see the cathedral from there

Apparently...."

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really no as i bought a seat where i knew i would not be moved should such a scenario as the Villa game occur.

Good to see you think it makes logistical sense to move about 3,500 season ticket holders in the City Stand rather than say about 800 maybe 1,000 in J and K. I should stick to keeping your head in a book and leave common sense to others.