Sign in to follow this  
calriv

We've made an offer for CMS

It''s fascinating that people write players off before they have a chance to show what they can do.......its all very well having opinions but you have to give players a chance!!   You don''t know - even as we sign CMS we may be in the market for someone else too then we would have strength in depth. 

[quote user="hogesar"]As long as we''re not signing him as the guy to rely on for 15 goals this year then I really don''t see the problem. Hard working, good scoring record by all accounts.

It''s a gamble, but I think signing a foreign player could be a bigger, more expensive gamble. It does of course, all revolve around how much money we''re talking about.

In my mind he could potentially be very good, but he shouldn''t be the one we rely on this season.

I would understand peoples negativity a little bit more if it wasn''t for the fact that most of the people on here have spent all pre-season masturbating furiously over the prospect of signing Jordan Rhodes who in my opinion is not much better.[/quote]How very indie of you...

[quote user="York Canary"]I reckon we''ll still look at a loan option[/quote]

Fingers and toes crossed on that one.

We might be in the market for someone else LDC but we are talking about CMS and how underwhelming this is!

Can we point out that most of us have watched CMS over the past 2 years in the championship and are not writing him off before he gets the chance, we just don''t see the point of wasting a couple of million!

I thought they paid an initial 2.5 Million

Still its being suggested that we have bid 3 which is still 2 million too much....

Jeeps they really paid 4 million? Could get Kadlec for that!

OK that''s way too much I thought 500K would just about buy CMS!

Brighton probably have to pay a sell-on fee to Peterboro after finding mugs to take him in the Prem.

[quote user="Indy"]

We might be in the market for someone else LDC but we are talking about CMS and how underwhelming this is!  Can we point out that most of us have watched CMS over the past 2 years in the championship and are not writing him off before he gets the chance, we just don''t see the point of wasting a couple of million!

[/quote]

Why would it be a waste of money??   Just don''t get this.    He is a 100% full on kind of player - will give defenders a more torrid time than Morro or Martin imo.    Cover/competition for Jackson too.   Looks a good possible aquisition to me.

[quote user="Gareth"]Do I have to slate him now? Or can I wait until he''s actually played a game for us?[/quote]Feel free to slate him now - I know I will...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]I hope not.... would be money down the drain.
[/quote]

Why not phone Dion and get him to announce it.

That would scupper the deal[;)]

Boy I do hope we sign him now. The anti CMS comments today have been quite astounding.

Overall, part from the usual exceptions, I have always thought this was a decent board for discussions. Now I''m not so sure.

FFS we are linked with all these quality strikers and end up making a bid for CMS?!!??! Lets just hope Hughton actually knows what he is doing because if he wants to play a 4-2-3-1 formation then CMS definitely isn''t someone we want up top on his own...

I am still praying that this is total rubbish because otherwise I do think we will be in serious trouble

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Boy I do hope we sign him now. The anti CMS comments today have been quite astounding.

Overall, part from the usual exceptions, I have always thought this was a decent board for discussions. Now I''m not so sure.[/quote]What do you want to hear?  Hurrah, we are signing a player who has twice failed to make the grade in the Championship.If we do sign him, I hope he does well.  If he is a flop, nobody should be surprised.

5 strikers are better than 4 and he should support jackson in offering some pace as an option when needed.    We will need 5 strikers to last to Jan so we had to sign someone but I will have to chuckle if the club quote him as our number one striking target.

Will signing him mean doom and gloom?   No it wont,  but it does use money that I think we could spend better elsewhere.

I would still like Biglia :-) 

Few tweets saying that Brighton have refused the offer, could be a real deal about to take place.

Really happy if CMS signs for us.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]FFS, whatever next? This would be like Richard Wright signing for Man City....[/quote]Not really , Richard Wright will never see first team action at Man City .

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Boy I do hope we sign him now. The anti CMS comments today have been quite astounding.

Overall, part from the usual exceptions, I have always thought this was a decent board for discussions. Now I''m not so sure.[/quote]What do you want to hear?  Hurrah, we are signing a player who has twice failed to make the grade in the Championship.If we do sign him, I hope he does well.  If he is a flop, nobody should be surprised.[/quote]

Nail on the head F.J.S

I heard this rumour first thing this morning from my friend who''s a Brighton fan and hoped it was just made-up rubbish. Now I''m severely worried... I went to the Brighton vs Chelsea game earlier in the month and asked "Where is CMS then?" The answer was simply "On the bench, he''s not good enough for our first team at the moment with Vicente playing." ''Ah good'' I thought, one of those deals we''ve luckily missed out on.... So imagine my horror this afternoon. How on Earth is he going to be good enough for the Premier League when he can''t even make it in to Brighton''s first team??! Simeon Jackson is a much better player. But but who is seriously coming up with these pointless targets, when we''re supposed to be improving the squad not getting ready for the Championship. Here''s hoping it falls through for a third time!!

CMS Is a fit, energetic player that many defences wouldn''t fancy playing against.

I feel he always wanted to join us last season, partnered with Holt would be an ideal match. He''s a proper poacher... And together would be a handful, even at this level.

Even better, he''s not at the height of his game right now and so gives us something to develop how we want.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]FFS, whatever next? This would be like Richard Wright signing for Man City....[/quote]Not really , Richard Wright will never see first team action at Man City .They need so many domestic players, cheap and make sense

[/quote]

[quote user="Robornio"]I heard this rumour first thing this morning from my friend who''s a Brighton fan and hoped it was just made-up rubbish. Now I''m severely worried... I went to the Brighton vs Chelsea game earlier in the month and asked "Where is CMS then?" The answer was simply "On the bench, he''s not good enough for our first team at the moment with Vicente playing." ''Ah good'' I thought, one of those deals we''ve luckily missed out on.... So imagine my horror this afternoon. How on Earth is he going to be good enough for the Premier League when he can''t even make it in to Brighton''s first team??! Simeon Jackson is a much better player. But but who is seriously coming up with these pointless targets, when we''re supposed to be improving the squad not getting ready for the Championship. Here''s hoping it falls through for a third time!![/quote]

uite disturbing that. I am one of those slightly in favour of the signing as we do desperately need another frontman. Now? Not so sure again.  

[quote user="NCNOR"]CMS is one of the paciest players and one of the best finishers in the Championship.swap for chris martin then, all we need is another striker to go with![/quote]