Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Fulham Thread

[quote user="Tj"]Would not want to be on the team coach on the way back.[/quote]...they don''t give a s-hit so will be planning the Sunday BBQ and tweeting their mates to come over... its all bollox!

I was willing to give Hughton the benefit of the doubt after a poor preseason, as I remember us having a shocking pre-season in 1988-89, and then Dave stringer led us to our 2nd best season in our history. But I''m afraid this hughton set up looks like a carbon copy of the disasterous Worthington 2004-05 season in the Premiership where we didn''t win a single away game all season. Play too defensively away from home in the PL, then chances are you create no goal scoring chances, and you''ll leak a goal or two, or four, against quality opposition.

Time for Hughton to wake up. Or else he could find himself on the managerial scrap heap.

The only good thing is that it''s the first game of the season. Maybe Hughton will learn about the correct formation.

Although having said that, Hughton''s just taken off Holt for Hoolahoop and we''ve just reverted back to 4-5-1....

QPR are losing 4 - 0 at home, are they doomed to get relegated as well? Yeah this is a disappointing game, I was hoping for much better than this, but too early to worry.

[quote user="Carra Rud"][quote user="Tj"]Would not want to be on the team coach on the way back.[/quote]...they don''t give a s-hit so will be planning the Sunday BBQ and tweeting their mates to come over... its all bollox![/quote]

Ryan Bennett did tweet asking where to go fishing tomorrow. After this performance hopefully they will all be training tomorrow cos they need it. Fulham are attacking with speed and intent, I have never seen us attack like this.

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]And there was a few people not worried when Lambert left ![/quote]

McNally wasn''t as he had Hughton already lined up.... plonker !!!

[quote user="paul moy"]I give Hughton 3 more games if we continue like this. McNally won''t stand for it. Get Holloway!!!![/quote]

lol holloway

[quote user="Carra Rud"][quote user="Tj"]Would not want to be on the team coach on the way back.[/quote]...they don''t give a s-hit so will be planning the Sunday BBQ and tweeting their mates to come over... its all bollox![/quote]i''d have them in at training at 3am in the morning.. if they dont turn up they facn f**k right off! .. i''ll tell them that for every performance like that there will be more and more 3 am training sessions until they grow some balls.

[quote user="Carra Rud"][quote user="Tj"]Would not want to be on the team coach on the way back.[/quote]...they don''t give a s-hit so will be planning the Sunday BBQ and tweeting their mates to come over... its all bollox![/quote]

But under Lambert, it was evident the players busted a gut. Maybe the influx of ex-Leeds players has brought a new mentality to our squad? Maybe it''s the second season syndrome (i.e. players do nut push as hard as they do during the first season because it''s not new anymore)?

The defence and midfield needs the b*llocking of a lifetime after this.

They haven''t go a clue.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Carra Rud"][quote user="Tj"]Would not want to be on the team coach on the way back.[/quote]

...they don''t give a s-hit so will be planning the Sunday BBQ and tweeting their mates to come over... its all bollox!
[/quote]

i''d have them in at training at 3am in the morning.. if they dont turn up they facn f**k right off! .. i''ll tell them that for every performance like that there will be more and more 3 am training sessions until they grow some balls.
[/quote]

I can''t see Hughton doing that. Lambert would have done though.

Vaughan is clearly off, he looked our only attacking threat pre-season and can''t get a game when we are 4-0 down....

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="ImDrunky"]too early to worry. [/quote]I''m worried[/quote]Admittedly so am I, it will be a tough long season. But I''m just trying to think positive and hoping we will only get better. Look at the other results, it''s not all bad.

[quote user="paul moy"]I give Hughton 3 more games if we continue like this. McNally won''t stand for it. Get Holloway!!!![/quote]I wanted Holloway too [:(]But will give new manager a fair chance to prove himself

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

The only good thing is that it''s the first game of the season. Maybe Hughton will learn about the correct formation.[/quote]

He had all pre season to suss that out, one upfront was never going to work, it never has before.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

I was willing to give Hughton the benefit of the doubt after a poor preseason, as I remember us having a shocking pre-season in 1988-89, and then Dave stringer led us to our 2nd best season in our history. But I''m afraid this hughton set up looks like a carbon copy of the disasterous Worthington 2004-05 season in the Premiership where we didn''t win a single away game all season. Play too defensively away from home in the PL, then chances are you create no goal scoring chances, and you''ll leak a goal or two, or four, against quality opposition.

Time for Hughton to wake up. Or else he could find himself on the managerial scrap heap.

[/quote]

Hughton won''t get sacked

having seen holt go off he is carrying excess weight. good to see the new contract is being well spent! I bet mr Kipling is rolling in it from sale of cakes.