Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 2 of Rays Funds. This week we have Jellytot in charge and making the final selections. Now Jellytot has been picking for the last 3 seasons but this is her first time in the hot seat and I know she’s a little nervous. I have told her that she has no need to be because we have such a strong team of PUPs to help her. And of course Jellytot is a top PUP herself after getting a 70% strike rate last season. So let’s all do our very best to help Jellytot find 6 bankers this weekend. Don’t forget for your selection to be considered it must be a game from this weekend’s fixtures and be listed on the Bet365 web site.

Here is the proposed rota for September. NWC has already confirmed and I’m looking forward to his first go. Scooby, Mandie, Herman and Star please confirm the dates are ok. If they’re unsuitable I can easily make a change.

September 1st - NWC

September 8th - Scooby

September 15th - Mandie Moo

September 22nd - Herman

September 29th - NCFCStar

I posted this at the end of last week’s thread but will repeat it here for those who may have missed it. It’s probably one of the worst kept secrets ever but FONCY has come to an end as a fund raising body for the academy. The guys who ran FONCY will be forever legends for the contribution they made in raising hundreds of thousands of pounds since the youth system was almost shut down in the mid 90s. In the time they have been fund raising for the academy I think 28 young boys have gone on to play for our first team. That''s something I''m sure they''re proud of and something the rest of us should always appreciate and I''m sure the club are grateful for. I got to know John Landamore through Rays Funds and he''s always been supportive to us and has been a great help in making sure the funds we raise go to the right place. John will still be involved because the FONCY site will remain to host his pictures and match reports. In fact John is going to pay for one week of Rays Funds for us.

Ricky Martin is still pleased for us to continue and our contribution, however small, will still make a difference and give all us PUPs a little stake in our great clubs future. It''s exciting times for the academy with the EPPP and cataegory one status. They have a big weekend coming up in September and Ricky Martin has invited us to Colney on the Saturday so we can present last season’s cheque (£358) before the U18 game against Reading on Saturday 8th September. If you can make it I hope you will join me for the presentation and to see the U18s play. I shall also be interested in seeing first hand the improvements that are being made to help us become category one. I’m not sure of kick off time yet but I think it will be at 11 or 12. I’ll let you all know as soon as I do. It will also be our only chance to see a City team that weekend as there are no league fixtures because of internationals.

Thanks to everyone for last weekend. To start off with 55 selecting was better than I could have hoped for. And thanks everyone who has pledged or sent me a donation.

Don’t forget to get your Canary Challenge entries in to Kathy.They have to be in by the end of the month.

So now Ill hand the thread over to Jellytot. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Helen ... the free bet is yours....... [:)]...

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1655 for the Academy,so far.

Shakhtar Donetsk to beat Karpaty LvivShakhtar are 3-0-0 at home whilst Karpaty are 0-2-1 away from home.Good luck!

A Sunday offering from Sweden this week and something with decent odds in my opinion.

GAIS v AIK Stockholm - Away Win (5/4 on bet365)

GAIS are 2nd bottom with only 1 win all season, at home they are W1 D5 L3 F10 A11, and have lost 6 of the last 8.

AIK are 4th, away have W4 D2 L3 F7 A10 and have won 5 of the last 8.

Best of luck Jellytot, and of course all you PUPs.

Can someone remind me of some decent stats/odds sites.I forgot the one i used to use.Cheers.[:$]

[quote user="Herman "]Can someone remind me of some decent stats/odds sites.I forgot the one i used to use.Cheers.[:$][/quote]www.oddschecker.com

www.soccerway.com

Amongst others, they are my usual two.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Herman "]Can someone remind me of some decent stats/odds sites.I forgot the one i used to use.Cheers.[:$][/quote]

www.oddschecker.com
www.soccerway.com

[/quote]

This one''s usually my first port of call : -

http://www.soccerstats.com/

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Herman "]Can someone remind me of some decent stats/odds sites.I forgot the one i used to use.Cheers.[:$][/quote]

www.oddschecker.com
www.soccerway.com

[/quote]

Cheers Trent,i got there in the end.

Anyway,Croatia for me this weekend

DINAMO ZAGREB         V                 NK Zagreb                       HOME WIN

4-1-0         +6                                          0-0-5    -9

Good luck everyone[Y]

When Dixmar Racing was open I always used to pop in on a Thursday evening after work, pick up a few betting slips and fill them in that evening! On the Friday I''d pop in and place the bet. Whilst at DR I''d have a chat with Billy about the upcoming Norwich game and he would often give me little tips, both on the Norwich games and the rest of the divisions. The one tip that always sticks in my head is that he said "very few of the teams that play mid week go on to win at the weekend". Due to chelsea playing tonight against a Reading side that will still have the ''Buzz'' of playing in the Premier league and also this if their first test against a ''big team'' they will really push chelsea tonight - I think!

So with Billys wise words i''m going for a Newcastle away win at Chelsea on Saturday. This is the evening kick off. Odds of 11/2 look very kind!

Not much to go on stats wise at thia stage, but Ajax looked pretty good at Carrow Road and were almost unbeatable at home last season so I''ll go for them.

Ajax v NAC HOME win

Good luck Jellytot and all you lovely Pups![Y]

Manchester United will be furious at losing to Everton, and while we made Fulham look like world beaters they were terrible away from home last season.I''ll go for a  [6] Manchester United [6]  home win.

I like it Banana! Wouldn''t go for it myself but sounds reasonable.For me please Nutty, Spurs vs West Brom - Home win!Thanks, and good luck all.

Nice one Banana, hadn''t looked at the PL fixtures yet but think I might have a little bet on a Newcastle win myself. But as for my pick, i''m going to go to Austria. They''ve had 5 games so have some early season form to go on and Austria Wien host W.Innsbruck. A.Wien have won 4 and lost 1, that loss was one of their two home games, but Innsbruck have lost both their away games without scoring, and A.Wien have only conceded once in 5 games. So just incase you haven''t worked out which team i''m going for :) its:

Austria Wien vs W.Innsbruck- HOME WIN

Good luck :)

Good evening to you Nutty,very good luck to you Jellytot and to all you other PUPs out there.

Blue Square Premier for me and hopefully a HOME WIN for LUTON v Telford.

[quote user="I am a Banana"] Due to chelsea playing tonight against a Reading side that will still have the ''Buzz'' of playing in the Premier league and also this if their first test against a ''big team'' they will really push chelsea tonight - I think![/quote]

Think chelsea did get pushed to the limit!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

When Dixmar Racing was open I always used to pop in on a Thursday evening after work, pick up a few betting slips and fill them in that evening! On the Friday I''d pop in and place the bet. Whilst at DR I''d have a chat with Billy about the upcoming Norwich game and he would often give me little tips, both on the Norwich games and the rest of the divisions. The one tip that always sticks in my head is that he said "very few of the teams that play mid week go on to win at the weekend". Due to chelsea playing tonight against a Reading side that will still have the ''Buzz'' of playing in the Premier league and also this if their first test against a ''big team'' they will really push chelsea tonight - I think!

So with Billys wise words i''m going for a Newcastle away win at Chelsea on Saturday. This is the evening kick off. Odds of 11/2 look very kind!

[/quote]

Grrr!! That last post was in response to this one. Note to self...Know the difference between "reply" and "quote"

With Everton still riding high from Monday night, and looking a very good side this year I might add, and "Lambert''s Lions" looking like headless chickens I''ll go with the pretty decent odds of 7/5 for an Everton away win.

Not being so brave this week after falling at the first hurdle last Saturday. Rangers to win in England at Berwick for me please. Good luck Jellytots!

Always looking to increase the winnings .. and on that subject must say well done to Leedscanary for last week''s well thought out selection that will take some beating this season and we are only on week two!

With Bristol City still struggling to find their feet and a local derby against "on Paper" superior opposition I''m going to back Malky and Bellars to heap more misery on them

Bristol City V Cardiff  (They will be wearing thier away kit) Away Win

Good luck Jellytot we''re all behind you.