Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Sorry I''m late.

I''m going for a home win for Inter Turku v. Jaro Pietarsaari.

Turku are W8 D2 L1 F21 A11 at home and Pietarsaari are W2 D3 L6 F10 A20 away.

Good Luck, Jellytot!

After a midweek draw I fancy Coventry city to secure a home win against Bury this weekend.

Coventry City....Home win.

Good luck to jellytot and all our fellow pups this week.

[quote user="Jellytot"]

Good afternoon eveyone. Right so here goes!!! My final 6 are: Man Utd, Middlesbrough, Luton, Flora Tallinn, Barcelona and Shakhtar Donetsk.

I thought very carefully before selecting and considered all you pickers choices before doing so, which im sure you can tell [;)]. Hopefully we are in for a good chance of winning. It would mean a lot to me to have my name in Rays signature. I thought a lot of him and we got along really well. Fingers crossed!!!

Come on!!!

[/quote]

Thanks for these Jellytot. I think you''ve got every chance of a winning week and getting your name on Ray''s signature. I can see you''ve done your homework (you didn''t used to!). I was concerned that you had picked Middlesboro but a couple of far more reliable pickers than me had picked them so we should be ok. I feel only bad luck can stop us now so let''s hope the football Gods shine on us this weekend.

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is a very healthy £49.49. Here are the details : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Man Utd @ 2/7
Middlesbrough @ 4/5
Luton @ 2/5
FC Flora Tallinn @ 1/8
Barcelona @ 2/9
Shakhtar Donetsk @ 1/9
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
24/08/2012 17:51:3010.000.00
Total for this period 10.000.00

Manchester United, Middlesboro, Luton and Flora Tallin all kick off at 3pm tomorrow. Hopefully we will be undefeated going into Sunday when Shakhtar Donetsk kick off at 5pm followed by Barcelona at 6pm.

Good luck everyone. The power of the PUPs will help these home![:)]

Sorry that I''m late too [:$]

Man Utd to win at home for me

Good luck everyone.

I have retrieved Duncan Edwards selection from or facebook group page. Duncan isn''t able to post on here but he writes : -

I''m going for Spurs to bring the Baggies back down to earth.

If anyone else has trouble getting their selections on here and can access our facebook page I''ll post them for you.

Blimey thats just over 50 picks this week, is that a record Nutty?

Well yes I am very late on this one.  Probably a good thing after my last effort (head held in shame and embarassment!)

I too would go for an Ajax win.

Good luck Jellytot, the picks look good to me!

Snake

So unlucky Jellytot. Flora, Man U and Boro all went on to win but Luton didn''t manage to get back after falling behind. It was a great strategy and you used the thread really well to select the six. Unfortunately however good the strayegy is it''s still so difficult to get all six.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Glad you avoided Newcastle.[/quote]I did mean to mention that although Chelsea played on Wednesday, Newcastle played in Europe midweek.  I think your strategy is a good one but you need to consider European games when you plan those long-odds shots.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Glad you avoided Newcastle.[/quote]

I did mean to mention that although Chelsea played on Wednesday, Newcastle played in Europe midweek.  I think your strategy is a good one but you need to consider European games when you plan those long-odds shots.

[/quote]

I did see this as a poster with a snake picture mentioned it. But after seeing Newcastle make 9 changes I felt a little confident. But then they had no Cheik Tiote which was a shame! Plus he was replaced by Anita who gave away the penalty!!

Always next week!!

[quote user="cityangel"]Blimey thats just over 50 picks this week, is that a record Nutty?[/quote]

56 PUPs this week. Last week it was 55. The record is in the 60s because we never quite made 70 we were aiming for at the time. I am chuffed to bits that so many are picking this season[Y]

What is more likely to be a record is that we had 32 different selections this week. That probably gave Jellytot a headache but her strategy to go with the pickers more than the selections so nearly paid dividends. All aspects of Rays Funds serves a purpose. The selections, selectors and league tables past and present can be used as tools if required.

Another great thing about this week was young ''nana recollecting his conversation with Billy. However I''m sure what Billy actually meant was that when the clubs played midweek fixtures he''d make an opinion on which fixture they would field the strongest side. This can of course also apply to a team who have a fixture the following midweek. An example of this would be Purple''s selection on the opening day. Purple selected Dynamo Kiev in Ukraine. They had won all their previous games and were strong favourites to win. I was shocked to find  Dynamo Kiev actually lost the fixture. But I sat up and took notice when the football results flashed up on the TV a few days later showing that Dynamo Kiev had won 3-1 away to Borussia M''gladbach in the champions league qualifier. I would say this was definitely a case of the following week''s midweek fixture affecting the weekend''s result.

A couple of season''s ago I wouldn''t select any team who had a midweek game either before or after the weekend. This proved to be ridiculous and cost me many winning weeks. I now believe that in order to make a judgement about these fixtures I would have to know the mind of the manager and second guess what his plans are. Billy devoted a lot of time second guessing what the manager would do whilst most of us don''t have the time or desire to do that. All this is pretty much up to the individual but I would say that if you have a good selection method it''s best not to complicate it too much. Hope that makes sense!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Blimey thats just over 50 picks this week, is that a record Nutty?[/quote]

56 PUPs this week. Last week it was 55. The record is in the 60s because we never quite made 70 we were aiming for at the time. I am chuffed to bits that so many are picking this season[Y]

What is more likely to be a record is that we had 32 different selections this week. That probably gave Jellytot a headache but her strategy to go with the pickers more than the selections so nearly paid dividends. All aspects of Rays Funds serves a purpose. The selections, selectors and league tables past and present can be used as tools if required.

Another great thing about this week was young ''nana recollecting his conversation with Billy. However I''m sure what Billy actually meant was that when the clubs played midweek fixtures he''d make an opinion on which fixture they would field the strongest side. This can of course also apply to a team who have a fixture the following midweek. An example of this would be Purple''s selection on the opening day. Purple selected Dynamo Kiev in Ukraine. They had won all their previous games and were strong favourites to win. I was shocked to find  Dynamo Kiev actually lost the fixture. But I sat up and took notice when the football results flashed up on the TV a few days later showing that Dynamo Kiev had won 3-1 away to Borussia M''gladbach in the champions league qualifier. I would say this was definitely a case of the following week''s midweek fixture affecting the weekend''s result.

A couple of season''s ago I wouldn''t select any team who had a midweek game either before or after the weekend. This proved to be ridiculous and cost me many winning weeks. I now believe that in order to make a judgement about these fixtures I would have to know the mind of the manager and second guess what his plans are. Billy devoted a lot of time second guessing what the manager would do whilst most of us don''t have the time or desire to do that. All this is pretty much up to the individual but I would say that if you have a good selection method it''s best not to complicate it too much. Hope that makes sense!

[/quote]

nutty, I certainly have an aversion to picking teams who are playing in the midweek BEFORE a weekend game. For the latest week I wasn''t totally happy with Dinamo Zagreb because they had a tough Champions League qualifier on the Wednesday and then were playing on the Saturday. So when odds for Flora became available I switched, Of course, Dinamo Zagreb won 6-0...

Having now looked up the two teams that Dinamo Kyiv played for that losing league game and the win against BM there were quite a few changes, but I''m not au fait enough with Ukrainian football to be sure which was the proper first eleven!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

nutty, I certainly have an aversion to picking teams who are playing in the midweek BEFORE a weekend game. For the latest week I wasn''t totally happy with Dinamo Zagreb because they had a tough Champions League qualifier on the Wednesday and then were playing on the Saturday. So when odds for Flora became available I switched, Of course, Dinamo Zagreb won 6-0...

Having now looked up the two teams that Dinamo Kyiv played for that losing league game and the win against BM there were quite a few changes, but I''m not au fait enough with Ukrainian football to be sure which was the proper first eleven!

[/quote]

I''d just like to say that my post was no way meant as a criticism of anyone''s selections. Most of the PUPs on here are far better pickers than me!! But I thought Nana''s post was would open an interesting discussion. I didn''t respond at the time in case I muddied the waters for Jellytot.

Just a pity Nutty that those posters who are quick enough to respond to your posts on other threads will not accept your invitation to join the best thread on this messageboard.

Here''s the latest league table showing those with at least 50% correct : -

Beauseant22100%
Bore Bore Bor22100%
Boyo22100%
CDMullins22100%
Cityangel22100%
City-Til-I-Die22100%
Excited Canary22100%
Fonejacker22100%
GMF22100%
Hissing Sid22100%
Hughesy22100%
Jed Exodus22100%
Lappinitup22100%
Leedscanary22100%
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 22100%
Mister Chops22100%
Mr. Bump22100%
NCFCStar22100%
Newcastle Uni Canary22100%
Newyorkcanary22100%
Norfolkbroadslim22100%
NWC22100%
Scooby22100%
Statto22100%
Swindon22100%
Trent Canary22100%
Yankee Canary22100%
Davo11100%
Delia''s Devonshire..11100%
Rob Sims11100%
Sports Desk Pete11100%
1st Wazzock1250%
Brendo1250%
Cosmic Twin1250%
Diesel Doris1250%
Dogger1250%
Gareth1250%
Ginger Pele1250%
Graham Humphrey1250%
Herman1250%
Inch High1250%
Jellytot1250%
Mandie Moo1250%
nutty nigel1250%
PurpleCanary 1250%
Snake-eyes1250%
Splutcho1250%
The Great Drinkell1250%
Til 10101250%
Vindo1250%

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just a pity Nutty that those posters who are quick enough to respond to your posts on other threads will not accept your invitation to join the best thread on this messageboard.[/quote]
Just like it''s a pity you can''t stop yourself from having a dig at those same people.
I was under the impression that this thread was supposed to be free from all the politics and bullsh!t that we have on the rest of this board, yet you can''t help yourself can you? This is a rhetorical question because I don''t care what your answer is. I just want this thread to remain as it was meant to be. 
This is supposed to be a thread for those who are interested in helping others pick 6 games a week we think will win each week with the aim of winning FONCY some money.
You have plenty of other threads to spout your cr@P and to score pointless points about other posters so please refrain from doing it here. You never know it might even encourage new posters to join us and help.
I will of course withdraw my comments and apologise to you all if I have misjudged the aim of this thread in the fact it is supposed to be free of politics and more importantly free of any dig towards any poster with the aim of raising money for FONCY.
Davo

Anyway, hope all the new pickers keep coming back and some more join in next week when NWC will need our help in his first ever go at the final selections.

Yes - looking forward to it now - cometh the hour, cometh the man and all that!!!

But lots of help needed, so good luck for next week.