Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shirt

Hughton post match interview....

He has to go.He has NO IDEA what was wrong with that today.I missed the first 30 minutes of the match. I can only assume he missed the last 60.I was happy to give him next week to fix things but after hearing that he must go. His ambition was "to have stayed in the game for longer than we did" OUT. OUT OOOOOUUUUUUT!He never thought we could win today and he didn''t try to.

I don''t agree with the original poster but just wanted to make a point about the post-match interview that I thought highlighted the problems with the game today (and not getting shouted at for making another post-match interview thread).

I just think Hughton is too nice. Football is a competitive sport and there is no room for nicety or humility.

His comments were basically:

"Fulham are a top team"

"They are a technically superior team to us"

"I thought we stifled them well for the first twenty minutes"

"You don''t come here and attack"

"I knew we had a tough task of staying up as soon as I arrived"

Cut it out Chris! There are enough people knocking us without you doing it too. I used to laugh along with everyone else at Lambert''s guarded post-match interviews but he was frightened of no-one!

[quote user="jimbo"]admitting most teams players are technically better than ours is a bit worrying!
[/quote]

He''s looking for excuses already then.  What a surprise.

OK and replace him with who? I can''t see us bringing in anyone better than CH, just give him more time. I am very disappointed with how we played today, but I am even more disappointed at how some of our supporters are acting. Lets not be one of those fans like Blackburn or Wolves etc that boo our manager,  Get behind the team and manager.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

I don''t agree with the original poster but just wanted to make a point about the post-match interview that I thought highlighted the problems with the game today (and not getting shouted at for making another post-match interview thread).

I just think Hughton is too nice. Football is a competitive sport and there is no room for nicety or humility.

"Fulham are a top team"

Cut it out Chris! There are enough people knocking us without you doing it too. I used to laugh along with everyone else at Lambert''s guarded post-match interviews but he was frightened of no-one!

[/quote]

I''m waiting for ''QPR are a top team, you can''t attack them on your own ground'' LOL

[quote user="ImDrunky"]OK and replace him with who? I can''t see us bringing in anyone better than CH, just give him more time. I am very disappointed with how we played today, but I am even more disappointed at how some of our supporters are acting. Lets not be one of those fans like Blackburn or Wolves etc that boo our manager,  Get behind the team and manager.[/quote]Offer it to Redknap, to Robinson from MK, to ANYONE who sees that with a squad of attacking players who have had success by playing attacking football for 3 years you need to attack.Everyone knows we''d be better off giving Birmingham back this clown and having Clarke here right?

It was emabarrising listening to him. He didnt come across as having a winning attitude to me, which is basically what kept us up last season

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

"Fulham are a top team"

[/quote]

Did Hughton really say that? 

Seriously, please tell me he didn''t.

If Hughton did say that, then that is far more worrying than the perfromance and the result today. 

We have ZERO chance of staying up with comments like that.  Hughton should be taken to task for comments like that.

How the fcuk are the players meant to perform and get motivated if the manager is talking like that and after just one game too?

We are being softened up for relegation already and it''s a fcuking disgrace!

We won''t get 20 points this season............

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="ImDrunky"]OK and replace him with who? I can''t see us bringing in anyone better than CH, just give him more time. I am very disappointed with how we played today, but I am even more disappointed at how some of our supporters are acting. Lets not be one of those fans like Blackburn or Wolves etc that boo our manager,  Get behind the team and manager.[/quote]Offer it to Redknap, to Robinson from MK, to ANYONE who sees that with a squad of attacking players who have had success by playing attacking football for 3 years you need to attack.Everyone knows we''d be better off giving Birmingham back this clown and having Clarke here right?[/quote]Redknap over spent at Portsmouth, now look where they are.... He''s a good manager, but only if he has the money to spend on big signings which we don''t. I''m not so sure Clarke would be any better, CH has proven he''s a good manager, just need more time.

The interview actually worried me more than the performance, which could be a one off. But hopefully he''s feeling abit bewildered by what he''s just seen and is saying the things that come into his head. For once i''d have preferred to hear some of the Lambert soundbites that you could take nothing at all from.

Hope McNasty gives him a roasting after that interview.  Something along the lines of

WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT, AND WE WILL BE.  WE WILL THRASH QPR BECAUSE WE ARE BETTER THAN THEM, JUST LIKE WE ARE BETTER THAN MOST OF THE TEAMS IN THIS DIVISION.  WE ONLY HAVE TO BE NEGATIVE IN A COUPLE OF MATCHES THIS SEASON IN MANCHESTER - NO OTHERS SO NO REPEAT OF THAT PERFORMANCE - GOT IT CHRIS!

Now about this new striker, how much we talking?

That is a shocking post match interview. Couple that with the performance and tactics and we''re heading straight back to the Championship under this muppet. I was willing to give him 12 games. I''m revising that to 6 after that clueless post match summary.

Fulham technically better  than us, by implication. What a shocking thing to say. The players needed lifting after that appallingly inept display, not remarks like that.

Incidentally, the worst player on the pitch today was that Turner, Hughton''s own signing. I hope Whittaker is better than that lump.

[quote user="ImDrunky"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="ImDrunky"]OK and replace him with who? I can''t see us bringing in anyone better than CH, just give him more time. I am very disappointed with how we played today, but I am even more disappointed at how some of our supporters are acting. Lets not be one of those fans like Blackburn or Wolves etc that boo our manager,  Get behind the team and manager.[/quote]Offer it to Redknap, to Robinson from MK, to ANYONE who sees that with a squad of attacking players who have had success by playing attacking football for 3 years you need to attack.Everyone knows we''d be better off giving Birmingham back this clown and having Clarke here right?[/quote]Redknap over spent at Portsmouth, now look where they are.... He''s a good manager, but only if he has the money to spend on big signings which we don''t. I''m not so sure Clarke would be any better, CH has proven he''s a good manager, just need more time. [/quote]Redknap overspent everywhere he has been and has put teams in financial trouble time and again- hopefully McNally would stop him. Ultimately I don''t think he''d want to come here if we could afford him- but we DO need someone who wants to attack.Hughton was sacked from Newcastle because.... they wanted attacking football and he couldn''t/wouldn''t do it. He did OK taking over from another negative manager at Brum... his squad was already there and I don''t care what restrictions he had on him he had a good squad and didn''t get them promoted- that is only doing OK in my book.

if Hughton had come out and said "We played well today.. didnt dersevr 5-0" he''d have been wrongif he had come out and criticised he''d have been wrong.If he had kept his cards close to his chest he''d have been wrong.You have all made your minds up about Hughton....I hope he makes us great, but only to spite you all...

Or did he deliberately take the heat off the players and lower expectations, while privately reading the riot act? Will be amazed if we turn out like that again this year.

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]Or did he deliberately take the heat off the players and lower expectations, while privately reading the riot act? Will be amazed if we turn out like that again this year.[/quote]

Hope you are right

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]if Hughton had come out and said "We played well today.. didnt dersevr 5-0" he''d have been wrongif he had come out and criticised he''d have been wrong.If he had kept his cards close to his chest he''d have been wrong.You have all made your minds up about Hughton....I hope he makes us great, but only to spite you all...[/quote]Really?I hope he makes us great cos I''m a Norwich City fan.I was wrong about Lambert. I hoped to be wrong about Hughton. Everything I have seen so far is what I feared when he was appointed. I hope I am proven wrong about him.

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]Or did he deliberately take the heat off the players and lower expectations, while privately reading the riot act? Will be amazed if we turn out like that again this year.[/quote]good to see Big Rons Brain actually works and someone can see a little bit of common sense in all of this..

I was worried last week when talking about new potential signings, ''a better calibre of player than what have signed previously, no disrespect to what we have here''. How to wreck the confidence of players...it is disrespectful of the current crop! Next game is a new leaf and, how we play, will say a lot!

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Redknap overspent everywhere he has been and has put teams in financial trouble time and again- hopefully McNally would stop him. Ultimately I don''t think he''d want to come here if we could afford him- but we DO need someone who wants to attack.Hughton was sacked from Newcastle because.... they wanted attacking football and he couldn''t/wouldn''t do it. He did OK taking over from another negative manager at Brum... his squad was already there and I don''t care what restrictions he had on him he had a good squad and didn''t get them promoted- that is only doing OK in my book.[/quote]Newcastle sacked him because that Mike (Owner) is an idiot and wanted a ''''big'''' manager at the club, they were comfortably doing well in the league and it came to surprise to everyone he got unfairly sacked.People wanting CH fired after just one game are just complete idiots, I always thought we were better than the other teams who gets on their managers back.