Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Site for a new stadium?

I never really apreciated how ugly that building is.Knock it down and start again.

P.s.We don''t need a new stadium just yet.

[quote user="city4eva"]I am happy with the stadium that we have and its location...thanks[/quote]So are you against the plans to extend the capacity?

We will need a new stadium eventually. Especially as we''ll attract a lot of new fans when we qualify for the Champions League next season.

Get real, you really want us to relocate and build a new stadium at this moment in time. We have only just been promoted to the premier league and are not established there yet. Let alone the cost to build a new stadium, say 75million plus. Where are we going to get that sort of money, borrow it and end up in greater debt. I really hope not!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I hear it''s even uglier around the front desk.....

[/quote]

Trust you to give the i''m alright Jack attitude.

[/quote]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Green with envy? Surely not...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Why is tom obsessed with a new stadium?[/quote]I''m not, but CR is looking a bit out-dated. It doesn''t have a WOW factor. It would help the look of the stadium if they could safely get rid of the pylons that block the view from a lot of seats.

Get real, you really want us to relocate and build a new stadium at this moment in time. We have only just been promoted to the premier league and are not established there yet. Let alone the cost to build a new stadium, say 75million plus. Where are we going to get that sort of money, borrow it and end up in greater debt. I really hope not!!!

[quote user="AndyCanary"]My great grand parents opened that county hall [:)] Oh the King was there too [:D][/quote]

Did you mean city hall? County hall was opened in 1968 http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/politics/review_to_look_at_the_future_of_norfolk_s_county_hall_1_931775

Yeah I do! The one near the market sq. I really should pay more attention to my Mother. She goes on about it enough!

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Why is tom obsessed with a new stadium?[/quote]I''m not, but CR is looking a bit out-dated. It doesn''t have a WOW factor. It would help the look of the stadium if they could safely get rid of the pylons that block the view from a lot of seats. [/quote]

Was it yourself Tom who was saying about the university land a while back?

I don''t see any case for a new stadium. CR has largely great views, close to the pitch and a good atmosphere is generated more often than not. The capacity needs increasing and the Main Stand looks a bit lame on the telly being a fairly average single tier job.

Both issues will inevitably be addresssed when they knock it down and build a much bigger stand hopefully at the end of the season (announcement will come during this season when safety is in sight). Sure CR is no Emirates but we really have no call for a new stadium.

I hope we never move and don''t like stadiums without ends, no section identity. Arsenal had to shove a clock at one side of the bowl to shut the former clock end moaners up about that one. There''s something sad about that.

Get rid of the ''pylons''?

Those ''pylons'' are in fact holding the roofs up on both the river and Barclay ends. Yes, would be nice to remove these, but their primary reason is too hold up the roof - this was the cheap build option ahead of cantaliever stands, but at that time, there was little need for corner stands in English football at that time, more so 4 traditional stands at right angles.

Anyway, I digress, but am happy with Carrow road thank you. Continuous improvements suit me, but at least we maintain our character in an unbeatable location for so many reasons.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="city4eva"]I am happy with the stadium that we have and its location...thanks[/quote]

So are you against the plans to extend the capacity?

[/quote]

Do you always put words in peoples mooths

Where did I say I was against plans to expand.

I am against plans to move, not that there is any as far I am aware. Expansion will come when they rebuild the city stand.

I have been going to carrow rd since 1968 and am quite attached

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="city4eva"]I am happy with the stadium that we have and its location...thanks[/quote]

[/quote]

I am against plans to move, not that there is any as far I am aware. Expansion will come when they rebuild the city stand.

[/quote]

We do not need a new stadium, we just need

More seats ,put another tier on city or Jarrold

.-

It may surprise people to know that we are the

Envy of the whole of the EFL we are the only

club that can offer the pre and post match

entertainment All within seconds walk from Carrow rd

Most visiting fans vote us as being best ground visited

Build the team first. The extra seats will follow

[/quote]Hehehehe[:D]

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Yeah I do! The one near the market sq. I really should pay more attention to my Mother. She goes on about it enough![/quote]

That''s city hall, George 6th went to carrow road afterwards

[quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we want European football we''re going to have to move to a new stadium, because the Carrow Road pitch is too small...

More seriously there is only one argument for moving, and it''s this. It will at a conservative estimate cost £20m for the 8,000 extra seats the board wants, with massive disruption and loss of revenue over up to 18 months (the board''s assessment - not mine). For perhaps three or three and a half times that (partly financed by the sale of Carrow Road) you could have a purpose-built stadium (with a pitch big enough for European football) with no disruption or loss of revenue.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Does Kathy still work there?

[/quote]

Cheers matey. I have it on good authority you''re no oil painting yourself.

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha, no one on here has ever met me!

BTW, I thought it would have been obvious that I was kidding, you''re hot, as anyone who has met you or seen your picture would testify.[:)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we want European football we''re going to have to move to a new stadium, because the Carrow Road pitch is too small...

More seriously there is only one argument for moving, and it''s this. It will at a conservative estimate cost £20m for the 8,000 extra seats the board wants, with massive disruption and loss of revenue over up to 18 months (the board''s assessment - not mine). For perhaps three or three and a half times that (partly financed by the sale of Carrow Road) you could have a purpose-built stadium (with a pitch big enough for European football) with no disruption or loss of revenue.

[/quote]

When did that happen?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="city4eva"]I am happy with the stadium that we have and its location...thanks[/quote]So are you against the plans to extend the capacity?

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we want European football we''re going to have to move to a new stadium, because the Carrow Road pitch is too small...More seriously there is only one argument for moving, and it''s this. It will at a conservative estimate cost £20m for the 8,000 extra seats the board wants, with massive disruption and loss of revenue over up to 18 months (the board''s assessment - not mine). For perhaps three or three and a half times that (partly financed by the sale of Carrow Road) you could have a purpose-built stadium (with a pitch big enough for European football) with no disruption or loss of revenue.

[/quote]However attached I am the CR you make a good point Purple.  I suppose the question remains as to whether moving the stadium to another site, say Colney/County Hall/UEA benefits us more than remaining in the City Centre.  Are you suggesting that if we qualified for the UEFA Cup we would be refused entry?  I''m assuming this is due to the length of the pitch, not the width, as we could widen the pitch in front of the Jarrold.The club will undoubtedly be looking at all options, but unfortunately for the purists a new stadium seems to make most sense financially, otherwise why would other clubs not have continued to renovate existing locations?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When did that happen?

[/quote]

Probably when Uefa changed its regulations. From memory, and depending on which measurements you go by, and converting yards into metres etc, the pitch is either just too narrow and just too short, or just wide enough and just too short. I don''t doubt the extra foot or so either way could just about be found, although there is not much room at all at the ends.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Kathy "][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha, no one on here has ever met me!

BTW, I thought it would have been obvious that I was kidding, you''re hot, as anyone who has met you or seen your picture would testify.[:)]

[/quote]

Specsavers 01603 610777. [H]