Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Anyone else feeling a sense of excitement?

I feel really bad for saying this, as Lambert hasn''t left us yet, and i''m already looking forward to a new era at our club. If i''m honest i think it''s 50/50 that he will go.

However, Perhaps it''s that the pencil is now being sharpened to draw a fine line under Lambert''s reign here that i''m starting to reflect on the past 3 years.

And it''s been an absolute 101 in football management.

So, i''m feeling sad, hopeful and a little bit excited - we''re in the best position for years, our board were absolutely precise and swift in getting who they wanted last time out, and i''m sure they will get it right again.

Anyone else has this, dare i say it, guilty excitement?

Na I''m bored now skijumptoes, just want everything to be sorted either way....

[quote user="morty"]You fancy Chris Hughton as the new manager? Terry Connor?[/quote]

Whats Terry Connor got anything to do with Chris Houghton.

Personally think Houghton could be the man to build upon Lambert''s achievements.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]I''ll be glad to hear the end of the speculation surrounding him...No man is bigger than the club, if he doesnt want to be here he can go![/quote]

This

No I feel sad and gutted.I think people read too much into PL. He''s a pretty straight forward guy who doesn''t show a lot of emotion. I honestly am concerned that we''ll never find another manager worthy to match him.

Don''t like Sky''s hint of his replacement, Malkey, no not his style of hoofball is really wanted here, No I don''t know who would be his replacement but why not offer it to Culverhouse, that would really stuff them up at Vile,

[quote user="AndyCanary"]No I feel sad and gutted.I think people read too much into PL. He''s a pretty straight forward guy who doesn''t show a lot of emotion. I honestly am concerned that we''ll never find another manager worthy to match him.[/quote]

as sad and gutted as you were the day after 7-1 defeat, didn''t think so. We are still in the best position the club has been in what 25 years.

Don''t forget that it is Mcnally that has engineered club finances to be sound enough for us to survive long term will giving the manager a good budget, 15mil spend last year. He will appoint a top manager again and we will fight on.

If he''s going, the sooner the better. We need time to appoint a new manager and chase some players, and all before the bginning of July. I hope that McNally and Bowkett already had  provisional arrangements in place, perhaps with names of potential managers to approach, and that potential transfer targets had already been approached.

Lambert has got us where we are, aided by his useful staff who will probably go with him, and not forgetting McNally and the supporters. Now it seems that we have to go in another direction, perhaps back to the original plan to build success gradually.

and regarding the Malky speculation from sky, they don''t know jack just putting 2 and 2 together. They have to make stories or it would be a useless channel.

[quote user="City penguin"][quote user="AndyCanary"]No I feel sad and gutted.I think people read too much into PL. He''s a pretty straight forward guy who doesn''t show a lot of emotion. I honestly am concerned that we''ll never find another manager worthy to match him.[/quote]

as sad and gutted as you were the day after 7-1 defeat, didn''t think so. We are still in the best position the club has been in what 25 years.

Don''t forget that it is Mcnally that has engineered club finances to be sound enough for us to survive long term will giving the manager a good budget, 15mil spend last year. He will appoint a top manager again and we will fight on.[/quote]Good point Penguin, but I still feel the way I do.

Not excited because the names mentioned in terms of a replacement just don''t excite me at all. Malky, Steve Bruce, Chris Hughton - poor selection.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]No I feel sad and gutted.

I think people read too much into PL. He''s a pretty straight forward guy who doesn''t show a lot of emotion.
I honestly am concerned that we''ll never find another manager worthy to match him.
[/quote]

I totally agree - I don''t feel excited at all.

It is only because of him and his coaching team that our bunch of League One and Championship players have performed to the level that they have. Without Lambert I''m sure we''ll sink.

None of the names from Hughton to Bruce or Curbishley to Malky excite me sadly.

I think we''ll be a Championship side in 2013-4 ... but at least we''ve had a thrilling ride and our finances are all but sorted.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Not excited because the names mentioned in terms of a replacement just don''t excite me at all. Malky, Steve Bruce, Chris Hughton - poor selection.[/quote]

Bet you said the same in August 2009! Paul ''who'' was the comment from most on this Board. Chris Hughton did a damn good job at Newcastle and last season at Brum (with zilch by way of cash to spend). Wouldn''t want Bruce but either of the others would be more than acceptable.    

Given the managerial track record of this club over the years.... no.

I too am quite excited. We are in a strong position to appoint a top manager.Anyone else feel that maybe far from it just being Lambert taking Norwich as far as he could, maybe Norwich had taken Lambert as far as he could go? I guess we will find out next season with Villa.Villa at home first game of next season?? [:D]

[quote user="whoareyou"]Villa at home first game of next season?? [:D][/quote]I''m not too keen on first games of seasons against Paul Lambert. The last one didn''t go to well.

Looking at the candidates available to replace him, no. I trust McNally to find the best replacement available to us but I just don''t think we''ll find anyone anywhere nearly as good.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]I''ll be glad to hear the end of the speculation surrounding him...No man is bigger than the club, if he doesnt want to be here he can go![/quote]

I echo these thoughts. Hopefully we can have a season of relative success in the Premier League without any speculation surronding our manager.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]No I feel sad and gutted.

I think people read too much into PL. He''s a pretty straight forward guy who doesn''t show a lot of emotion.
I honestly am concerned that we''ll never find another manager worthy to match him.
[/quote]

Arrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh bless your little cotton socks, get a grip and move on!!

Or they get a 6-1 thrashing at home because PL wants to win the game. I''m not sure they would tolerate that at Villa to anyone.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Don''t like Sky''s hint of his replacement, Malkey, no not his style of hoofball is really wanted here, No I don''t know who would be his replacement but why not offer it to Culverhouse, that would really stuff them up at Vile,

[/quote]

With regards to Mackay''s ''hoofball'', Norwich are as guilty as any club for lumping it in the channels which is why Brendan Rodgers was always going to be held in higher regard than Lambert (For now at least). Villa fans won''t like this style of football, as they didn''t under O''Neill, even when it gets results.

Norwich''s football hasn''t been the prettiest in Lambert''s reign, but effective. To criticise Malky is hypercritical in my view.

Morty Wrote: "You fancy Chris Hughton as the new manager? Terry Connor?"

Connor? ...really? Nice guy, Good man management skills i suspect, but incredibly out of his depth and comfort zone with wolves.

I can''t think of anyone out there other than Lambert that fits - But then, i never saw Lambert''s potential when McNally got him onboard. I think that''s why i''ve an air of excitement as to what''s around the corner.

Saying that, reading the front page of the pinkun just now confirming his resignation has sunk that feeling a bit!!! :(

All i will say is that i hope it''s not Bruce... please.. no!

In Mcnally we trust!

Well it is the only way to look at it really. I just hope that the board already has a replacement in mind and doesn''t fart about as it did pre David McNally. We simply have to go forward and hope that our success continues. Sadly I don''t think we will stay up next season we just don''t have the fnances to compete in the Premier league and that would have been true even if Lambert had stayed.