Sign in to follow this  
Martin Bryant

oooOoooOoO Neil Lennons name in the hat

I like the sound of this one..! Good solid manager and not some "sacked big name" like some of the others being touted about

sorry if its been posted already...

Why would he leave Champions League football to come to a relegation dogfight?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]thrown into the hat by who??[/quote]Daily Mail mention it at the bottom of the Holt to Villa story , and Charlie Wyett is saying theres another interesting name in the hat .

Jesus Christ... that''s all we need now.Cue the Thunderbirds theme when the team take to the pitch.

The Managerial equivalent of Joey Barton.  Saw the link to him but even though McNasty had links with Celtic can''t see us taking him.  I hope not anyway.

Lennon would be potentially disastrous. His managerial experience is confined to the Scottish duopoly, with the added luck of the rival club going belly up.

i go on the "norwich news now" site.. thats where i saw the link..

to be honest (or tbh as the kids say) i dont know much about him apart from having a decent few years at celtic... meh.. i think id still go for milky mackay just because he would be more likely to stick around!

''Let it be" - ''Imagine'' it would be ''A Hard days Night'' - but ''Love me Do!'' ''I''m Glad all Over''

You did say John Lennon, Right?

yeh, lets go for Milkydoes he have the bottle though?will he help us to get to the magic 40 pint mark?

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]thrown into the hat by who??[/quote]and Charlie Wyett is saying theres another interesting name in the hat .[/quote]
Could be interesting. Seems to have a fairly good idea of what''s going on does Charlie, more so than the numpties on SSN.

Imagine it in a yellow shirt.Everyone will be frantically adjusting their tv sets.......

The Sun is reporting that we are going after Neil Lennon as manager and the mail says Holt is following PL to Villa

[quote user="morty"]Thanks.I have that frigging song in my head again now.

[/quote]

I just don''t think you understand Morty.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="morty"]Thanks.I have that frigging song in my head again now.

[/quote]

I just don''t think you understand Morty.

[/quote]Arrrrrrrrghhh.[:D]

Wouldn''t be unhappy with Neil Lennon.

Maybe Lennon could bring Forster as competition for Ruddy.

He could bring Charlie Mulgrew to add to our defensive stocks and bolster our midfield with Joe Ledley, Scotty Brown & Paddy McCourt.

If Holt left Lennon could call upon Gary Hooper and Anthony Stokes.

Dreaming......  

Would not be happy with Neil Lennon, that would be another poor appointment.

Holt going to Villa was never a suprise and funny enough this whole thing has a very sour taste. It was highlighted a couple weeks back that the Holt transfer request was a way of getting his move to Villa on the cheap! Funny now Lambert has finally resigned we see Holt follow his manager to Villa!

If Lambert had of said after the Villa game that he had done all he could for the club, taken as far as he could and wanted a fresh challenge as he knew by then he wanted out, that end of season speach after the game was all about goodbye! He never came on the to pitch for the walk round the pitch again a slap in the face to the loyal fans! IMO.

The lack of transfer activity too made me take note! Last year we moved quickly this year nothing is going on, the club knew Lambert wanted out and Lambert should have been big enough to just Say It.

Then to react to the questions post Drury wasn''t like him and yet again he made it clear he was happy here, that was a lie to the fans.

I''m not bitter towards either Holt or Lambert and if they go to Villa I wish them all the best but I wish they would have been more respectful towards the fans in the manner of their affairs this month! We have been very supportive to both and probably helped them in a big way to achieve what they have with our home and away support.

[quote user="Indy"]

Would not be happy with Neil Lennon, that would be another poor appointment.

Holt going to Villa was never a suprise and funny enough this whole thing has a very sour taste. It was highlighted a couple weeks back that the Holt transfer request was a way of getting his move to Villa on the cheap! Funny now Lambert has finally resigned we see Holt follow his manager to Villa!

If Lambert had of said after the Villa game that he had done all he could for the club, taken as far as he could and wanted a fresh challenge as he knew by then he wanted out, that end of season speach after the game was all about goodbye! He never came on the to pitch for the walk round the pitch again a slap in the face to the loyal fans! IMO.

The lack of transfer activity too made me take note! Last year we moved quickly this year nothing is going on, the club knew Lambert wanted out and Lambert should have been big enough to just Say It.

Then to react to the questions post Drury wasn''t like him and yet again he made it clear he was happy here, that was a lie to the fans.

I''m not bitter towards either Holt or Lambert and if they go to Villa I wish them all the best but I wish they would have been more respectful towards the fans in the manner of their affairs this month! We have been very supportive to both and probably helped them in a big way to achieve what they have with our home and away support.

[/quote]Spot on. So often players and managers forget who pays their extortionate wages. Hucks seems to be one who did realise where his money came from.I wonder if a betting firm will take a bet on PL walking out on Villa within 3 years? He has done it everywhere else when it suited him.

Indy, you''ve said it all for me-agree 100%.

I''m happy to see Holt leave now. He has got bigger than the club, the problem with that is, to a certain extent, I think he now thinks he is as well.

Lots of little niggles on the quiet, a transfer request that looks hugely manipulative, I think his ego is getting away with him a little-and yes, people say his influence on the club, dressing room etc is massive, but is he such a massive figure at the club that its got a little too big and other players are in his shadow a little? Then there''s Moro-Ruddy had to cope with the shadow of Forster for ages, Moro has the shadow of Holt over him, might he prosper with Holt gone, thrive, and be as big a  player for us?

Holt has been a great player for us-I don''t know, I feel a bit as if I''m having a go at a family member-maybe he needs the move, he isn''t a Iwan or a Hucks with that same sort of feel for the club and the area, he''s got his eye on a move I am sure and good luck to him-if he was 26, 27, well...but he''s 31, lets take the cash and run, Howson for new Captain and a new feel and sparkle at the club with new influential figures coming to the fore, Holty''s time is done, lets move on.