Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Most suspicious

I am told that Paul Lambert gave notice on his rented property a matter of hours before Holt''s transfer request became public, some days before A Vila officially approached him.

Are we looking at a 2 man conspiracy to get away from the Club at the same time ie what price Holt to A Villa now? Anyone noticed how Holt was retweeting bad news re Lambert?

This chain of events is dragging the club right through the mud and I will never forgive either and especially Mr Thicky for this

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Lambert and Holt will end up at Villa. 100%.[/quote]

Not if we make it a condition that he can''t come back for any players for 12 months [:D] isn''t that what Swansea have done with Rodgers?

I should imagine that''s more of a gentleman''s agreement rather than anything official. Something I fear that as things are turning sour here, we won''t be able to get in place!

The worst thing will be if Whitbread ends up at Villa. Lambert deliberately releasing him so he can sign him up at Villa for free...if that happens then I will be fuming!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]The worst thing will be if Whitbread ends up at Villa. Lambert deliberately releasing him so he can sign him up at Villa for free...if that happens then I will be fuming!
[/quote]

I certainly wouldn''t discount that you''ll probably see Zak in a Villa shirt.....

Whitbread far more likely than Holt in my opinion. Can''t see Holt going there, especially after McNally''s comments this morning.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]The worst thing will be if Whitbread ends up at Villa. Lambert deliberately releasing him so he can sign him up at Villa for free...if that happens then I will be fuming![/quote]

I certainly wouldn''t discount that you''ll probably see Zak in a Villa shirt.....

[/quote]That would be very difficult to deal with and would put an angle on this which smells pretty bad

[quote user="Excited Canary"]The worst thing will be if Whitbread ends up at Villa. Lambert deliberately releasing him so he can sign him up at Villa for free...if that happens then I will be fuming!
[/quote]

Where would Whitbread fit in with Collins and Dunne the centre of their defence.

Relax he''ll probably miss 75%  of hte season through injury anyway.

And in any case he can''t play as the left of three central defenders. Lambert had to substitute him sharpish twice last season when he tried this.

But then maybe  their chairman fancies a fellow yank............

OTBC

[quote user="militantcanary"]I am told that Paul Lambert gave notice on his rented property a matter of hours before Holt''s transfer request became public, some days before A Vila officially approached him.

Are we looking at a 2 man conspiracy to get away from the Club at the same time ie what price Holt to A Villa now? Anyone noticed how Holt was retweeting bad news re Lambert?

This chain of events is dragging the club right through the mud and I will never forgive either and especially Mr Thicky for this[/quote]Why are you so vitriolic in every post? I expect you were singing "we f***ing love Grant Holt" a few weeks ago. Honestly, it''s like you have been personally slighted. No-one''s dragging the club through the mud, it''s just the ongoing ebb and flow of difficult negotiations. Lambert has said nothing insulting about the club and neither has Holt. However, some people on this forum have been throwing insults left, right and centre at people who have done a great job for us.

[quote user="militantcanary"]I am told that Paul Lambert gave notice on his rented property a matter of hours before Holt''s transfer request became public, some days before A Vila officially approached him. Are we looking at a 2 man conspiracy to get away from the Club at the same time ie what price Holt to A Villa now? Anyone noticed how Holt was retweeting bad news re Lambert? This chain of events is dragging the club right through the mud and I will never forgive either and especially Mr Thicky for this[/quote]

If Mr Payne is to be believed Hotdog Holt''s antics have nothing to do with Villa.[:|]

Sorry we are being dragged through the mud we are the lead or 2nd lead domestic football story for the last week and ever time i hear it I wince

Of course we loved Holt and Lambert and what makes it worse is the bond we thought we had was made of fairly fragile material.

Holt''s timing is possibly the worst thing in all this and if you don''t think the club has been massively destablised then you appear to be living under a rock.

I still admire Paul Lambert''s achievements but the personal regard has been tarnished, in Holt''s case he deserves virtually all that is coming his way.

We are now perceived to be a club in crisis and Holt could not have done more short term damage if he had tried. Luckily he will be gone soon and we will hopefully have Chris Hughton who had to deal with one J Barton and A Carroll to name but two problems! By July 10 or so we will have moved on

The fact it is 2nd, 3rd lead or even on the radar means we''ve arrived in the big time and even if people have strong feelings about the situation at the end of the day it''s the same story up and down the country through all the leagues to non league.

We may feel let down by how two leading figures at the club have behaved or not but our bitterness in public only reduces us - diminishes our dignity imo.

Just because some of us aren''t pouring out our disdain or anger doesn''t mean we are living under a rock, some of us have just hardened our resolve and refuse to be brought low by this. The new season will start, we''ll have a full squad with some heroes and a manager to get behind whatever happens over the silly season.