Sign in to follow this  

If Robert Chase had been Chairman right now....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Page 2, so far so good...
[/quote]

Don''t spoil my fun Pete.

See you on page 10[Y]

[/quote]

Does anyone know the record? There was that - I think - 44-pager a while back.

[quote user="Lammy"]I didn''t say that did I? I said that Delia & Co appointed Gunn, McNally and Lambert effectively sacked him when she hired them to rescue the club from the rocks. McNally had already lined up Lambert as Gunn''s replacement and would have told the other board members who know nothing about football, these are my demands if you want me to fulfil my role and help your club, do as I ask or I will resign.

I am sure that you will paint it differently though?

Yes the other board members would have cast a vote, but it was do as McNally asks - sink or swim. What choice did they have?

If they had any input in to the recruitment process of our manager at that time then we would be lucky to still be playing league football by now.
[/quote]

Surely they appointed Executive Directors to make those decisions just as they had previously?

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]And the brainwashed Deliarites rush to their Saviour''s defence.How very predictable.[/quote]

What?? since when has Delia been chairman/lady

I can handle the Deliarite abuse as you all know.... but the hypocrisy?  That''s another thing entirely. The fact is Robert Chase would be to blame for it all and anyone with an ounce of honesty knows it.

Abuse? All we need now is some bullying and a couple of The Butler''s fairytales to help pass the time.

Are you sitting comfortably.....

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Page 2, so far so good...[/quote]

So clearly no real news to report yet !

[/quote]More a reference to posters being able to stick to the topic discussed instead of the usual insults and it getting personal. I give it until Page 4...

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]The fact is Robert Chase would be to blame for it all and anyone with an ounce of honesty knows it.[/quote]This is undeniably true and clearly the point that was made in the opening post. The pro Delia lobby will seize upon any opportunity to foist their extremist views upon anyone, these views are not in any way relevant to this thread, perhaps since the thread is being closely moderated the off topic posts could be removed?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Page 2, so far so good...[/quote]

So clearly no real news to report yet !

[/quote]More a reference to posters being able to stick to the topic discussed instead of the usual insults and it getting personal. I give it until Page 4...[/quote]Splitters! The whole bally lot of you....... [A]What do I win?

[quote user="A Certain Poster"][quote user="Cluck Nose."]The fact is Robert Chase would be to blame for it all and anyone with an ounce of honesty knows it.[/quote]This is undeniably true and clearly the point that was made in the opening post. The pro Delia lobby will seize upon any opportunity to foist their extremist views upon anyone, these views are not in any way relevant to this thread, perhaps since the thread is being closely moderated the off topic posts could be removed?[/quote]Very good suggestion.Naturally I knew this question would bring the Delia protectionists out in force.... but the point is a fair one and needs to be brought out into the open.

If Robert chase had been chairman we might have eventually improved on our 2 fa Cup semi finals, European football, 3rd place in the Highest division and having the countries most expensive player playing for us...or we could have appointed a chef and spiralled downwards over the past 17 years with just 4 good seasons to show for everything....wait for it......

I wonder if there''s been a Chase/O''Neill/Windass moment at the club recently? That would make for an interesting comparison discussion in the future wouldn''t it?

Whatever has or hasn''t happened there have been no virtual pitchforks wielded in the direction of Bowkett yet, and that''s odd because a number of of our present company were actively involved in getting Chase out, and the young uns who grew up listening to the fireside tales of their fathers facing down mounted police charges each rendition slightly more exagerated than the last must be itching for their tilt at saving the club too.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="A Certain Poster"][quote user="Cluck Nose."]

The fact is Robert Chase would be to blame for it all and anyone with an ounce of honesty knows it.
[/quote]

This is undeniably true and clearly the point that was made in the opening post.

The pro Delia lobby will seize upon any opportunity to foist their extremist views upon anyone, these views are not in any way relevant to this thread, perhaps since the thread is being closely moderated the off topic posts could be removed?
[/quote]

Very good suggestion.

Naturally I knew this question would bring the Delia protectionists out in force.... but the point is a fair one and needs to be brought out into the open.
[/quote]

I think you two could well be interested in this product which is available for just £25.99 from most reputable gaming stores. I hope you get hours of enjoyment from it.

The world’s most popular forum manager game is about to meet the world’s most popular mobile platform, as Nutty Interactive  proudly announce the launch of Forom Moderator Handheldâ„¢ for Mobiles on Friday, June 1st.

Forum Moderator Handheld has been designed to bring all of the highs and lows of the control freaks dreams to mobile devices. Taking the hot-seat to run the forum at any club from a choice of leagues in 12 countries, the player assumes full control of  post removals, wrong forums, removing offensive signatures, temporary suspensions, permanent bans and manning the report button live. A job which can be tackled in either short, commute-sized sessions or in mammoth sittings on the sofa.

[quote user="A Certain Poster"]I wonder if there''s been a Chase/O''Neill/Windass moment at the club recently? That would make for an interesting comparison discussion in the future wouldn''t it?

Whatever has or hasn''t happened there have been no virtual pitchforks wielded in the direction of Bowkett yet.
[/quote]

Not surprisingly. Sensible fans nowadays understand that we have to operate under strict financial limits, being a club owned by paupers with a small-capacity stadium.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="A Certain Poster"][quote user="Cluck Nose."]The fact is Robert Chase would be to blame for it all and anyone with an ounce of honesty knows it.[/quote]This is undeniably true and clearly the point that was made in the opening post. The pro Delia lobby will seize upon any opportunity to foist their extremist views upon anyone, these views are not in any way relevant to this thread, perhaps since the thread is being closely moderated the off topic posts could be removed?[/quote]Very good suggestion.Naturally I knew this question would bring the Delia protectionists out in force.... but the point is a fair one and needs to be brought out into the open.[/quote]Thing is, im certainly not anti-delia whatsoever. No problem with her running the club.Without facts it''s very hard to base a judgement but let''s just say the issue is money related, ambition or something along those lines.I do believe that Chase would be liable to get more stick than the current regime but i feel alot of that is due to the fact Delia & Co recruited him in the first place, and the last 3 years of pure success makes it that bit more difficult to really start blaming a board that has been a part of this recent success.

Sounds good Nutty but think I''ll wait until it''s available on the torrent sites thanks.Do you think I might be onto something with the Chase/O''Neill/Windass scenario?Do you think PL might have been led to believe something which he has subsequently found out not to be the case much like M O''N back in the day?

it has to be something to do with the money doesn''t it?Just like with Chase but this time without the backlash.

Yet........

Now this game of yours, what precautions are available to stop doppelgangers and impersonators? I''m convinced I bumped into somebody impersonating your son last night.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="A Certain Poster"]I wonder if there''s been a Chase/O''Neill/Windass moment at the club recently? That would make for an interesting comparison discussion in the future wouldn''t it?

Whatever has or hasn''t happened there have been no virtual pitchforks wielded in the direction of Bowkett yet.[/quote]

Not surprisingly. Sensible fans nowadays understand that we have to operate under strict financial limits, being a club owned by paupers with a small-capacity stadium.

[/quote]I can sense a return to the good old days of much talk concerning percentages and core product here.

[quote user="A Certain Poster"]Sounds good Nutty but think I''ll wait until it''s available on the torrent sites thanks.Do you think I might be onto something with the Chase/O''Neill/Windass scenario?Do you think PL might have been led to believe something which he has subsequently found out not to be the case much like M O''N back in the day?

it has to be something to do with the money doesn''t it?Just like with Chase but this time without the backlash.

Yet........

Now this game of yours, what precautions are available to stop doppelgangers and impersonators? I''m convinced I bumped into somebody impersonating your son last night.[/quote]This time around the ''support'' is brainwashed into seeing Delia Smith as the ''only'' ownership option if we want ''security''.Clever propaganda but neurotic to say the least.

[quote user="A Certain Poster"]Sounds good Nutty but think I''ll wait until it''s available on the torrent sites thanks.

Do you think I might be onto something with the Chase/O''Neill/Windass scenario?

Do you think PL might have been led to believe something which he has subsequently found out not to be the case much like M O''N back in the day?

it has to be something to do with the money doesn''t it?

Just like with Chase but this time without the backlash.

Yet........

Now this game of yours, what precautions are available to stop doppelgangers and impersonators? I''m convinced I bumped into somebody impersonating your son last night.
[/quote]

I think Windass is a bit old now but I guess he could do a job and he''s clearly not up to that job with Sky. I thought O''Neill left because of personal problems with his children''s schooling. Or that''s what Big Bob told me. That wasn''t anything to do with money unless it was because the club refused to pay the school fees.

Do you know my son? Are you some kind of stalker because we don''t know you. Where did you see him?

[quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="A Certain Poster"]Sounds good Nutty but think I''ll wait until it''s available on the torrent sites thanks.

Do you think I might be onto something with the Chase/O''Neill/Windass scenario?

Do you think PL might have been led to believe something which he has subsequently found out not to be the case much like M O''N back in the day?

it has to be something to do with the money doesn''t it?

Just like with Chase but this time without the backlash.

Yet........

[/quote]

This time around the ''support'' is brainwashed into seeing Delia Smith as the ''only'' ownership option if we want ''security''.

Clever propaganda but neurotic to say the least.
[/quote]

HOUSE!

Next game, all four corners.

If nothing else you have to say Cluck is good at stirring up a good argument!

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]If nothing else you have to say Cluck is good at stirring up a old argument![/quote]

fixed the above quote for you

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Both Delias lot and the Chase lot have made mistakes- that is clear.

Why then does Robert Chase seem to be the only person to get criticism?

[/quote]

" the Chase lot" now that is an interesting point.Now please tell me who exactly were the Chase lot? Chase was majority shareholder,Chase was Chairman,Chase was Chief Executive.

Now we have Delia as majority shareholder,Bowkett as Chairman,McNally as CEO.Called me old fashioned but today we have a democracy and before smacks of a dictatorship.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Called me old fashioned but today we have a democracy and before smacks of a dictatorship.[/quote]But the World loves a good Dictator just ask UN envoy for global tourism Robert Mugabe if you don''t believe me.

In the Norwich City family Mother controls the purse strings and the children can cry all they like about it.This isn''t a McNally or Bowkett issue as they can only buy toys with the pocket money they are given.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

More a reference to posters being able to stick to the topic discussed instead of the usual insults and it getting personal. I give it until Page 4...
[/quote]

How is it working at your end Pete ? Are you moderating just this thread and Vince is looking after the rest of the messageboard ? Do you want me to drop by later with a pizza and a couple of tins because if ever a day was one for burning the midnight oil this is it ? [:P][;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]More a reference to posters being able to stick to the topic discussed instead of the usual insults and it getting personal. I give it until Page 4...[/quote]

How is it working at your end Pete ? Are you moderating just this thread and Vince is looking after the rest of the messageboard ? Do you want me to drop by later with a pizza and a couple of tins because if ever a day was one for burning the midnight oil this is it ? [:P][;)]

[/quote]Then stop posting off topic posts TIL.... [:P]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]In the Norwich City family Mother controls the purse strings and the children can cry all they like about it.

This isn''t a McNally or Bowkett issue as they can only buy toys with the pocket money they are given.
[/quote]

I just knew so if PL leaves it will be down to Delia with Bowkett and McNally having no responsibility whatsoever. Priceless yet so predictable. [:''(].

I take it then that this alleged row he had last night was with Delia then and not McNally and Co. ?