Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

Holt still wants to play in Drury's game.

We should thank him for three brilliant seasons with us.

Anything else would be utterly pathetic, but that tends not to stop City fans.

" Grant Holt, we''ve f****'' lost Grant Holtwe''ve f****'' lost Grant HoltGrant Holt, we''ve f****'' lost .....oh no, err we haven''t  "

I hoped he would decide not to play as I have a feeling that holt will over shadow what should be a night all about Adam drury

[quote user="canaries"]I hoped he would decide not to play as I have a feeling that holt will over shadow what should be a night all about Adam drury[/quote]To late for that

Holt should be ignored, not in a bad way, but because this is about Adam Drury. Its not about Holt. And if anyone else deserves some kind of special reception, its Hucks. Drury said himself on Twitter a few mins ago, chance to say good-bye to Hukcs properly.

I find Holty''s timing utterly bizarre in relation to Drury''s testimonial. He''d better say something to clear things up before then or the issue will totally overshadow the event. How can he put on a Canaries shirt with this going on?

Very selfish of Holt indeed. He should take a back seat on this one and let Drury have the night he deserves. Can''t wait to finally say a proper goodbye to Hucks too.

I just hope the moron element don''t get on his back though. That would seal any chance of a reprieve IMO and leave a bad taste in the mouth after what has been one of the most brilliant canary careers of all time.

GH''s timing was indeed clumsy.  We cannot yet comment upon his motives until we are fed with the facts.

[quote user="im spartacus"]my thoughts exactly... it should be about drury but he has selfishly overshadowed it... as far as i am concerned putting aside how brilliant he has been for us the timing  is a disgrace OTBC[/quote]To be quite candid I think young Mr Holt does not like it when other players receive the glory. It is time he realised that NCFC is all about the club and not an individual player.

[quote user="Miss Jane Marple"][quote user="im spartacus"]my thoughts exactly... it should be about drury but he has selfishly overshadowed it... as far as i am concerned putting aside how brilliant he has been for us the timing  is a disgrace OTBC[/quote]To be quite candid I think young Mr Holt does not like it when other players receive the glory. It is time he realised that NCFC is all about the club and not an individual player.[/quote]What do you base this on exactly?

There are many rumours in the summer break, look at it as a sign of our success! I think Holt should play if he and Drury wants. I dont believe for one minute its malicious - just unfortunate timing. For me - they are both Legends forever. Let''s focus on Drury for the game-he''s earnt it.

I love Grant Holt - the NCFC Legend.

But like others, I''d really like Grant Holt - the man - to man up, and explain himself.

My dear late father used to say, '' Reputations are created by many acts, but destroyed by one.'' Grant, this is a most uncaptain like performance!...your timing demands an explanation, because on the face of it, it is most disrespectful to a fine servant of our club, and as such, disrespectful to our club itself.

I would prefer him not to play. Without knowing what is really going on people will show undoubted support for Holt. This could actually make the problem worse - what if this is a bust up with Lambert - The support of Holt could then see Lambert walking - we just dont know what the problem is.

Holt is a legend but at best he would offer us one more season. If you dont want to be here dont spoil the status you been given by taking our club with you.

[quote user="im spartacus"]my thoughts exactly... it should be about drury but he has selfishly overshadowed it... as far as i am concerned putting aside how brilliant he has been for us the timing  is a disgrace OTBC[/quote]

So you''re quite happy to write off a complete legend without hearing any facts??

no not write him off but he has  put in a transfer request and he has done it on the eve of drurys testomonial which can''t help but overshadow things can it? as far as i am concerned that is selfish... i was going to go tuesday but i don''t know if i can face it now i am just too pi55ed off with everything this week ....

[quote user="im spartacus"]no not write him off but he has  put in a transfer request and he has done it on the eve of drurys testomonial which can''t help but overshadow things can it? as far as i am concerned that is selfish... i was going to go tuesday but i don''t know if i can face it now i am just too pi55ed off with everything this week ....[/quote]Go for Drury. A bloody good chant of ''Drury is loyal''. Should do the trick.

I know just before the testimonial it isn''t the best time to hand ina transfer request but I would rather he did it now instead of on the eve of next season so if he does go PL would have enough time to find a decent replacement.

[quote user="morty"]If Grant does play whats the betting idiots boo him?

[/quote]

If he doesnt come out and tell people his version in his own words in the next 72 hours, he will be booed, and quite frankly with justification

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

If he doesnt come out and tell people his version in his own words in the next 72 hours, he will be booed, and quite frankly with justification

[/quote]Yeah, that''ll really make him want to stay[Y]Perhaps it actually none of our business, the transfer request was leaked. Who says we have a right to know?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, that''ll really make him want to stay[Y]

Perhaps it actually none of our business, the transfer request was leaked. Who says we have a right to know?
[/quote]

as fans , I think it actually is "our business" ?!?......like I said ,he''s got a window of 72 hours to tell us his version, if he doesn''t then the only facts we will know is that he has put a transfer request in and he doesnt want to be here........I couldn''t then really care less about "wanting to make him stay" after that......horse bolted

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, that''ll really make him want to stay[Y]Perhaps it actually none of our business, the transfer request was leaked. Who says we have a right to know?[/quote]

as fans , I think it actually is "our business" ?!?......like I said ,he''s got a window of 72 hours to tell us his version, if he doesn''t then the only facts we will know is that he has put a transfer request in and he doesnt want to be here........I couldn''t then really care less about "wanting to make him stay" after that......horse bolted

[/quote]Right.Best you get in touch with him and issue your ultimatum to him then[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, that''ll really make him want to stay[Y]

Perhaps it actually none of our business, the transfer request was leaked. Who says we have a right to know?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Right.

Best you get in touch with him and issue your ultimatum to him then[Y]
[/quote]

not an ultimatum, this is a discussion about the Drury testimonial isn''t it?!?!......and thats when it is!!

Personally, chanting his name would be a more constructive thing to do, instead of booing him.But, lets face it, if theres no clarification on the issue by Tuesday night, he''s not gonna play, is he?

[quote user="morty"]Personally, chanting his name would be a more constructive thing to do, instead of booing him.

But, lets face it, if theres no clarification on the issue by Tuesday night, he''s not gonna play, is he?
[/quote]

Agreed

[quote user="im spartacus"]no not write him off but he has  put in a transfer request and he has done it on the eve of drurys testomonial which can''t help but overshadow things can it? as far as i am concerned that is selfish... i was going to go tuesday but i don''t know if i can face it now i am just too pi55ed off with everything this week ....[/quote]

Now some of the facts are out, i will agree that the timing is poor and disrespectful to Adam.Whoever leaked this is the biggest tw@.

Booing Holty on Tuesday evening is going to make him feel that his bridges are burned and he might as well go. As has been said, chanting his name is going to have far more of an effect to induce him to stay. He''ll never be loved anywhere in the two or three years he''s got left for top flight football as he is right now. I hope he''s so choked by the positive feelings towards him on Tuesday evening that he changes his mind. At any rate booing Holty is going to be disrespectful to Drury on his big night. I just hope folks don''t ruin his party.