Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Holt meeting McNally today?

Just seen s couple of tweets saying that Holt''s agent was just on Radio Norfolk saying they''ve got a meeting with McNally today. Anyone hear it and can confirm?

post on WOTB says this is what the agent said:Says meeting McNally today, not all about money.

Holt unhappy for two months with things that have been said.

Will all become clear when it comes out in the wash.

Fans saying unfair things over weekend.

Hopes to sort things out with McNally today cos he is professional.

Looks like the half wits who attacked Grant on Twitter following the news have had a negative effect. Well done brainwaves.

Honestly, I really wonder about some of the fans of this club sometimes.

Agents quotes sound quite positive to be honest.

Unhappy "for two months with things that have been said."

Wonder what on earth those could be as I can;t think of any public statements about holt that would have annoyed him. Maybe some sort of falling out with the management team?

Alternatively just the agent trying to backtrack to try and make out its not about money?

I don;t think he will have got that much abuse on twitter and frankly Holty dishes it out on there and can take it so i would not be too concerned about that.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Looks like the half wits who attacked Grant on Twitter following the news have had a negative effect. Well done brainwaves. Honestly, I really wonder about some of the fans of this club sometimes.[/quote]

Oh come on! Can Grant honestly say hand on heart he didn''t expect that? I would say in contrast at most other clubs the abuse would have been far worse. To come out with a transfer request with no explanation is going to upset the fans that idolise him, the abuse has to be expected. Grant is lucky that he still has a chance to redeem his self and put this all behind us. All will be forgiven and forgotten so long as this is sorted and not dragged out.

Just a quick thought. 2 months ago. would Wigan at home have been about two months ago when Holt appeared with that massive black eye?

He got tons of abuse.. All you had to do was search on Twitter and you''d have seen morons saying ridiculous things.

We know absolutely nothing about the situation other than he did hand in a transfer request. Everything else is purely speculation, so to go and attack Holt over it was stupid.

Look at the Rooney situation of 2010 fans were burning shirts and sending death threats. Now look how stupid they look, they''ll be singing his name from the roof tops.

Rightly or wrongly the fans aren''t what footballers think of when they go to work. Remember they''re only there for like an hour and a half of their working week.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Just a quick thought. 2 months ago. would Wigan at home have been about two months ago when Holt appeared with that massive black eye?[/quote]

Well done Jim, first was he got that from an elbow on the pitch then he had a fight with Morison then Tierney now Lambert, what is he a srticker or a middle weight ?

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Just a quick thought. 2 months ago. would Wigan at home have been about two months ago when Holt appeared with that massive black eye?[/quote]

Well done Jim, first was he got that from an elbow on the pitch then he had a fight with Morison then Tierney now Lambert, what is he a srticker or a middle weight ?

[/quote]

Well based on that black eye he''s not undefeated! I actually thought he got it from an elbow by Caldwell so you are right perhaps best not to start more rumours!

That said in that game he did get hauled off in the second half and had a few words with Lambo.

It has just been reported on 5 live that Holt will be meeting with senior staff today at Carrow road to discuss his future.

I still feel it''s predominantly money led. However, if their have been some issues over the last two months then I''m sure McNally will solve those issues, whatever they might be.

Just hoping we find out what they are.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Looks like the half wits who attacked Grant on Twitter following the news have had a negative effect. Well done brainwaves. Honestly, I really wonder about some of the fans of this club sometimes.[/quote]

Oh come on! Can Grant honestly say hand on heart he didn''t expect that? I would say in contrast at most other clubs the abuse would have been far worse. To come out with a transfer request with no explanation is going to upset the fans that idolise him, the abuse has to be expected. Grant is lucky that he still has a chance to redeem his self and put this all behind us. All will be forgiven and forgotten so long as this is sorted and not dragged out.

[/quote]It''s bugger all to do with Twitter.  Remember only a couple of days ago McNasty''s order of players to be seen.  Well they were probably told that a couple of months back, but Holt got impatient and has thrown a paddy because he feels as top dog he deserves better and should have had discussions ages ago .

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I still feel it''s predominantly money led. However, if their have been some issues over the last two months then I''m sure McNally will solve those issues, whatever they might be.

Just hoping we find out what they are.[/quote]Whatever the BS it, it''ll be cold hard cash that smooths it over. 

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I still feel it''s predominantly money led. However, if their have been some issues over the last two months then I''m sure McNally will solve those issues, whatever they might be. Just hoping we find out what they are.[/quote]

I don''t.  Settle the issues and leave it all behind closed doors.  If it all comes out there will be hundreds of threads about whether he was wrong or not, disloyal or not, greedy or not, selfish or not etc etc.  Just shut this down, kiss and make up before the idiot element of the fanbase shoot off their mouths and keyboards and make things worse.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich_city_striker_grant_holt_and_agent_to_meet_with_chief_executive_david_mcnally_after_transfer_request_1_1383514?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I still feel it''s predominantly money led. However, if their have been some issues over the last two months then I''m sure McNally will solve those issues, whatever they might be. Just hoping we find out what they are.[/quote]

I don''t.  Settle the issues and leave it all behind closed doors.  If it all comes out there will be hundreds of threads about whether he was wrong or not, disloyal or not, greedy or not, selfish or not etc etc.  Just shut this down, kiss and make up before the idiot element of the fanbase shoot off their mouths and keyboards and make things worse.

[/quote]When it all comes out money will be involved somewhere.

I''d like to know. Obviously it''s something bad enough for Holt to deal with it in this very poor way. He obviously doesn''t have the relationship with McNally where he could go to him directly and felt the need to do it all in public.

He''s taken limelight away from Drury tomorrow night too. I do love Holt, but not impressed with him in this situation.

I caught part of the interview in the car this morning and his agent actually said a couple of months which can be used as a very loose term time wise.

He also said Holty loves it here and doesn''t really want to leave but couldn''t see any other way to solve the issue.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I''d like to know. Obviously it''s something bad enough for Holt to deal with it in this very poor way. He obviously doesn''t have the relationship with McNally where he could go to him directly and felt the need to do it all in public. He''s taken limelight away from Drury tomorrow night too. I do love Holt, but not impressed with him in this situation.[/quote]

I am sure that you''d like to know.  We all would.

Is it going to be helpful to know?   Look around you at the rubbish on this board never mind the others or Twitter.  Least said, soonest mended does have some foce to it especially when there is such a judgemental baying mob involved.

Why not leave it till Wednesday morning to decide whether Adam Drury has been affected at all?

The statements of people in football - at all levels, from players to managers to agents to chairmen - are not always to be trusted. Public explanations may not be the private truth. Football is probably worse than politics in this respect. Outright lies, half truths, quarter truths, deception, deliberate misleading, evasions, spin, gilding the lily. I am just talking generally, of course. Not about anything anyone may have said in Holtgate.

[quote user="pete_norw"] first was he got that from an elbow on the pitch then he had a fight with Morison then Tierney now Lambert, what is he a srticker or a middle weight ?[/quote]

Middle weight ? I would have said Light heavwight at the very least [;)]

Only posted this as it is safe to do so with Kathy away in America [:D]

Holt is probably anoyed because Lambert and Morison stole his gingerbread men from the half time snack stash. Or he wanted the shirt royalties from the Gingerbread men and was told no.

The very fact that the agent has felt the need to try and put Holt''s side of the across this morning on Radio Norfolk just confirms to me that he and his player realise that they have not done themselves any favours by the way they have handled the situation. McNally in my opinion now has them both on the back foot before the meeting has even taken place.

If I was Holt I would have got myself a premier league agent to go with his new found premier league playing status.

Out of Interest I have been told by someone in my office this morning that the Holt''s grievence stems from the fact that he did not start against Newcastle and Liverpool (Which were both televised games) which led to a falling out with Lambert as Holt felt he needed to play in these games to maximise his England chances. Not sure if I believe this but make of it what you will.

If that were the case then GH has got his priorities mixed up. The main purpose of last season was to keep Norwich City in the Premier League, not to secure Grant Holt''s place in the England squad......

I wonder if Holt and his agent misread the situation and thought that if he handed in a transfer request the fans would get on at the club instead of him..