Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Blackburn Down?

Are Blackburn down, they''ve just lost 2-0 at Spurs and if the BBC stats are anything to go by they didn''t even have a shot on or off target in the whole game.[:O]

Blackburn now only have 2 games left and are 3 points behind Bolton who have a game in hand and on paper an easier run in than Blackburn.  Blackburn still have to travel to Chelsea and you''d think they''d have to win both of their remaining games to give themselves even a glimmer of hope of staying up.

For me like Wolves, Blackburn are now down.

Do they have any players who could do a job for us next year?  Obviously Hoilett but there''s zero chance of that, but what about someone like Formica?  Would wages be too much of a problem for us for most of Blackburn''s desireable players?

If we stick to our ethos which seems to be that the best way to compete is to build the Championship/league 1 dream team under 25, then I really doubt we will buy any players from the relegated clubs unless they are young players a la Davis at Wolves.

This is a logical strategy as it balances the highest possibility of creating player value, dressing room harmony, winning mentality and track record if we go down.

Just need to try and get/make our own a pacy international quality striker on the cheap if we can which may mean a trip abroad which makes it all the more risky/unlikely.

I have a picture of Junior HoilettHanging in my downstairs toiletI''d like to see his naked body and oil itBut Yakubu might catch me and spoil it.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Are Blackburn down, they''ve just lost 2-0 at Spurs and if the BBC stats are anything to go by they didn''t even have a shot on or off target in the whole game.[:O]

Blackburn now only have 2 games left and are 3 points behind Bolton who have a game in hand and on paper an easier run in than Blackburn.  Blackburn still have to travel to Chelsea and you''d think they''d have to win both of their remaining games to give themselves even a glimmer of hope of staying up.

For me like Wolves, Blackburn are now down.

Do they have any players who could do a job for us next year?  Obviously Hoilett but there''s zero chance of that, but what about someone like Formica?  Would wages be too much of a problem for us for most of Blackburn''s desireable players?

[/quote]

If Blackburn lose to Wigan next monday they are down so in effect its between Bolton and QPR for the third spot,If I read it right.

Given that QPR have Man City on the last day I think Villa have done just enough. That point against West Brom could prove to be absolutely massive for them.

[quote user="CDMullins"]If QPR go down id love Nedum Onouha to replace Naughton
[/quote]

What after his performance yesterday?  Made Ryan Bennett look like Ruud Krol!

With a performance like that against Spurs, they deserve to go down.Considering the importance and impact relegation could have on those players, I''ve never seen a more disinterested bunch on the pitch at the same time. Never mind going into ''deckchair'' mode, these guys didn''t look like they could even be bothered to put the deckchairs up!A small part of me wonders if it''s a deliberate attempt to cost Kean his job, as the better players know they can move on, and for the others the CCC is probably their level anyway!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]With a performance like that against Spurs, they deserve to go down.

Considering the importance and impact relegation could have on those players, I''ve never seen a more disinterested bunch on the pitch at the same time.

Never mind going into ''deckchair'' mode, these guys didn''t look like they could even be bothered to put the deckchairs up!

A small part of me wonders if it''s a deliberate attempt to cost Kean his job, as the better players know they can move on, and for the others the CCC is probably their level anyway!
[/quote]

Exactly the reason that made our performance at Ewood park more embarrasing. Blacburn are a very poor team and will be a championship team next year. I think QPR will join them too.

To be honest it was Steve Kean''s fault they played that way. Played 1 up top the whole game. Nothing wrong with that per se but in the last 30 minutes I expected another striker to come on so they could chase the game and try to get something.

Instead he replaces Yakubu (their biggest goal threat) with Modeste who hasn''t scored all season. He was happy to just let the game meander and eventually it cost him because if you invite pressure a player of Walker''s quality can hurt you like that. I know had Lambert been in that situation he would have been much more proactive.

I would rather lose 6-1 like we did to Man City but feel we gave it a right go for 70 mins and could of got something because we had a big chance to make it 2-2. Than to sit and watch my team effectively accept a defeat and have no shots on target.

Yeah I think Blackburn are down, although I thought that about Wigan not too long ago. Just cannot see Blackburn following Wigan''s example. Will be joined by QPR I think.

For me its realistically between Bolton and QPR for that final slot now.

Villa have a favourable goal difference and I think that fantastic save by Given at West Brom has effectively saved them. Wigan are slightly worse off in terms of goal difference but on current form you fancy them strongly to beat either Blackburn or Wolves and wrap safety up.

I know weird things happen but you would expect Man City to dispose of QPR pretty comfortably on the final day. So they can only realistically reach 37 points if the beat Stoke and their goal difference took a smashing yesterday. So I guess its all down to Bolton and whether they can make this extra game in hand count.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]I really rated Morten Gamst Pedersen but haven''t really been following him for some years now. Was he ever any good? Is he still any good?

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]I really rated Morten Gamst Pedersen but haven''t really been following him for some years now. Was he ever any good? Is he still any good?[/quote]

My memory isn''t what it used to be dispite actually not being that old but.. didnt Pedersen say something quite disrespectful about us before he joined Blackburn, something about never wanting to play for a small team like us, or something like that? (or do i hate him because of some dream I had/got him mixed up with another player)

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="K Lo"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]I really rated Morten Gamst Pedersen but haven''t really been following him for some years now. Was he ever any good? Is he still any good?[/quote]

My memory isn''t what it used to be dispite actually not being that old but.. didnt Pedersen say something quite disrespectful about us before he joined Blackburn, something about never wanting to play for a small team like us, or something like that? (or do i hate him because of some dream I had/got him mixed up with another player)

[/quote]You''re right it was him.  He''s one of those players who seems to drift in and out of games as far as I can tell.  He clearly has class but I think he''d be the first to cause a rift in the dressing room if things started going awry.