Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

Leicester allocation

Leicester not happy with allocation

From Leic websie

"Norwich City advised us of their admission prices on Friday evening but, disappointingly, we received notification on Saturday that only 2,400 away tickets will be allocated. Upon further consultation with the Football Association, it has been confirmed that, despite the exemplary record of Leicester City''s travelling support in recent seasons, the decision was taken on the grounds of crowd safety by Norwich City''s Safety Advisory Group."

Don''t get this at all. We are required by competition rules to give them 15% which is about 4000 tickets. How can a Norwich V Leicester match have a problem with crowd safety?

I guess it''s to do with segregation under the stand. As there are only certain parts where they can put down the grills and split off the stand. If you make it too small, then there is a risk of overcrowding and if you make it too big then there is the risk of overcrowding on the NCFC side.

Don''t see what season tickets have to do with this as the season ticket doesn''t cover cup games. Their fans are not happy .http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/79664-norwich-fa-cup-ticket-allocation/

I actually think this is a bit unfair on leicester and had the boot been on the other foot we would be fuming in the same way they are (that said many of their fans did say it was a "sh*t draw" so it remains to be seen how many they sell).

In my view we ought to come out with some kind of explanation as at present we don''t really know why their ticket allocation has been reduced and there is a danger the club appears to be acting unreasonably. Since the matter went to the FA and they have presumably backed our stance I can only conclude that the driving force behind this must be the police and probably concerns about having 4,000 Leicester fans in Norwich only a couple of years after we caused some trouble at their place. If thats the case then kit still seems an overreaction but at least its a plausible explanation which will stop the Leicester fans moaning at us. 

[quote user="JF"]Don''t see what season tickets have to do with this as the season ticket doesn''t cover cup games.[/quote]

It has everything to do with it as season ticket holders get first shout on claiming their seat for cup games so there is potential for 22,000 to go and with super members and members on board you can surely see why Leicester got what they did.I hope however that you realise if it goes to a replay we will probably get a tit for tat allocation ourselves.Maybe you think super members and members plus casuals should be on the same footing as Leicester fans?

From what I''ve gathered, its the ''ole'' Leicester wanting the full allocation but not being prepared to pay for unsold tickets or wanting to reduce the allocation,

They''ve decided to query it with the FA & due to the delay, we''ve given them the 2,400 allocation so we can get on with things.

Not when the competition rules state that we must give them 15% of the ground capacity, It''s not as if this has just been dropped on the club, The club know the rules when they cap the season ticket limit. They know we will play most seasons 1 game in the FA cup! and they know they are required to allocate that amount.

I agree. If competition rules say we have to give them 15% then unless there is a very good reason why we can''t then we should. Having to relocate season ticket holders is not a very good reason, We always used to do it in the old south stand where the season tickets were sold subject to a caveat that relocation might be required for FA Cup games if the opposition took their full allocation.

Thinking about it though i wonder if one of the "safety issues" is to do with the fact that giving away fans a single block in the Jarrold would take them right into the middle blocks which include the "club" style seats and also see away fans sitting directly in front of some of the executive boxes. I presume it would take them virtually right up to the half way line. Having them in two different areas of the ground would be a logistical nightmare. Maybe something we need to think about for next season. If we can get some seats in the cornder in front of the hotel it might solve the problem but if not maybe we''ll have to make the Riverend lower available for away fans for cup games or something! (Cue lots of outraged Riverenders reacting in horror to that suggestion!)

[quote user="JF"]Not when the competition rules state that we must give them 15% of the ground capacity, It''s not as if this has just been dropped on the club, The club know the rules when they cap the season ticket limit. They know we will play most seasons 1 game in the FA cup! and they know they are required to allocate that amount.[/quote]

The word MUST is not in tablets of stone and is an agreement between the two clubs as long as they are happy to give the full 15% but in this case we obviously could not agree hence the FA getting involved who came down on our side it would appear.I must say however that we have now entered the world of rumours as to what actually took place and the reasons why so for my money the club has the potential for another publicity disaster on their hands.

It''s about time we thought seriously about relocating the away fans anyway it never made sense to site them in the biggest stand which by definition means the biggest area of segregation .

Anyone got the balls to admit to being ncfc1902 at www.foxestalk.co.uk ?

"Posted Today, 03:54 PM

Norwich fan here watching with interest.!

Our chief executive is David McNally and he''s a bit of a nasty bastard! This has got his name all over it.
Incidently we requested and got a 15% allocation at West Brom in the last round.

You can contact him on Twitter @davidmcnally62

or email david.mcnally@ncfc-canaries.co.uk "

If so, you''re an embarrassment.

I don''t see how we''re getting away with this......I thought all away teams in the FA Cup were entitled to ask for 15% of the available tickets unless there is a problem with segregation. There isn''t, is there ? Some home supporters including me would have to move but that happens at other grounds so why not at Carrow RoadIf I was a Leicester fan I''d be a bit miffed.

Just done a bit of research into this on The FA website and found these two interesting paragraphs under Rule 21 governing the distribution of tickets............

" In all matches preceding the semi finals the visiting club shall have the right to claim up to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully segregated area."

"Where it is deemed desirable the Professional Game Board (by which i assume it means The FA) shall have the right to vary the allocation of tickets to the visiting club."

As i said earlier this 15% people are banging on about is not set in tablets of stone.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]I don''t see how we''re getting away with this......

I thought all away teams in the FA Cup were entitled to ask for 15% of the available tickets unless there is a problem with segregation. There isn''t, is there ? Some home supporters including me would have to move but that happens at other grounds so why not at Carrow Road

If I was a Leicester fan I''d be a bit miffed.

[/quote]

Did no-one read my post? The concourse would have to be split and for H&S reasons either one section would mean too many Leicester supporters in a small area or too many Norwich supporters in too small an area.

[quote user="Sing Up The South Stand"]I''m not sure that''s the reason.  I remember when we played West Ham in 2005 in the FA Cup I had to move (I''m in block J usually) because they had the full allocation.[/quote]

Er - that West Ham match was at Upton Park mate! I have had a season ticket in the South Stand / Jarrold since 1992 and the only times I''ve had to move were v Wolves in the 2002 play off semi final and v Chelsea in the FA Cup (either Jan. 2002 or 2003 can''t remember which).

I still think the decision is a disgrace though. When the Jarrold was built we were told that one of the main features was the ability to expand and contract the away section as required. Sorry but this decision does us no favours and shows us in a bad light. If we do get through and get a couple of thousand allocation in the Quarter Final you know who to blame! Will serve him right though. Trouble is its'' the genuine fans who will suffer.

McNally has done much good at NCFC but his money grabbing instincts are, at times, distasteful. At the moment he thinks he can milk the fans left right and centre. When the good times end I wonder how he will react? Oh sorry, I forgot, he will have flown the nest long before and left some other poor bugger to pick up the pieces!      

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Sing Up The South Stand"]I''m not sure that''s the reason.  I remember when we played West Ham in 2005 in the FA Cup I had to move (I''m in block J usually) because they had the full allocation.[/quote]

Er - that West Ham match was at Upton Park mate! 

[/quote]We played West Ham at Carrow Road in the third round in 2005-06 seasonhttp://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10355~2005,00.html

The more I think about this the more I believe we are wrong to deny Leicester City their 15% allocation.

It would be difficult to say to some of our season ticket holders that they are less equal than other season ticket holders though. I can only consider that we sell first to ST holders but with those in areas to be used by Foxes fans to have first choice on any spare seats elsewhere.

This would probably split up friends or family groups and again we would be accused of treating them less favourably than other ST holders UNLESS they were told this could happen when they first bought or renewed. But this is Norwich City''s problem and people there are well paid to sort it out.

I am particularly concerned, if it is true, that we would offer Leicester City less tickets than we offer for some EPL games. Is this true? They should at least get the maximum we give to anyone else.

Perhaps we have just put it badly to LCFC as it seems the FA accepted our argument but, whatever the reason I feel uncomfortable coming across like we have.  An FA Cup game is a one off.

I do feel sorry for Leicester fans and think this is all a bit embarrassing for NCFC to be honest. If the boot was on the other foot we would be angry.

I was thinking a large away following would have got the atmosphere going better. But now there will be a few chats of banter over this at the game I''m sure and that will add to the atmosphere

I''ve read this on a Leicester City Forum, posted by NCFCDave whoever he (she maybe) which might go some way in explaining the decision.

The real reason for the low allocation is Norfolk Police, renowned for being ridiculously heavy-handed when it comes to footy matches. Although it''s a big derby with potential for trouble, Norwich v 1p5wich games aren''t in the same league as Millwall v West Ham or Birmingham v Villa when it comes to trouble, yet they''re played on Sunday every year thanks to Norfolk police. As a couple of posters have pointed out, this goes back to the trouble Norwich fans caused when you beat us 4-0 at your place 3 years ago. We went down that year so didn''t play each other the following season, but upon our return to the Championship last year, Norfolk police requested both games involving the clubs were midweek, which would guarantee fewer travelling fans.

Now we have you in the cup you should quite rightly get 15% and it''s Norfolk police who are putting pressure on the club to give you a reduced allocation. Admittedly, the club probably won''t put up much of a fight as they know we''ll sell out with home fans anyway, and as there are lots of Norwich fans unable to get tickets for Premier League matches, it gives them an opportunity to please more fans.

Personally, I think it would add to the occasion if there were 4,000 Leicester fans there. Would enhance what will already be a great atmosphere. If it was the other way around, I''d be absolutely livid. But as for the posts about Norwich fans being arrogant and thinking we''re a top 4 club, come on!! Norwich has more than its fair share of stupid fans but even they don''t think that. We''re similar sized clubs and we''re just enjoying a rare period of success.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]I''ve read this on a Leicester City Forum, posted by NCFCDave whoever he (she maybe) which might go some way in explaining the decision. The real reason for the low allocation is Norfolk Police, renowned for being ridiculously heavy-handed when it comes to footy matches. Although it''s a big derby with potential for trouble, Norwich v 1p5wich games aren''t in the same league as Millwall v West Ham or Birmingham v Villa when it comes to trouble, yet they''re played on Sunday every year thanks to Norfolk police. As a couple of posters have pointed out, this goes back to the trouble Norwich fans caused when you beat us 4-0 at your place 3 years ago. We went down that year so didn''t play each other the following season, but upon our return to the Championship last year, Norfolk police requested both games involving the clubs were midweek, which would guarantee fewer travelling fans. Now we have you in the cup you should quite rightly get 15% and it''s Norfolk police who are putting pressure on the club to give you a reduced allocation. Admittedly, the club probably won''t put up much of a fight as they know we''ll sell out with home fans anyway, and as there are lots of Norwich fans unable to get tickets for Premier League matches, it gives them an opportunity to please more fans. Personally, I think it would add to the occasion if there were 4,000 Leicester fans there. Would enhance what will already be a great atmosphere. If it was the other way around, I''d be absolutely livid. But as for the posts about Norwich fans being arrogant and thinking we''re a top 4 club, come on!! Norwich has more than its fair share of stupid fans but even they don''t think that. We''re similar sized clubs and we''re just enjoying a rare period of success.[/quote]

NCFCDave is talking out of his bottom believe me Tim.

This situation has already occurred at least once in the FA Cup this season - Man Utd  should have received 7000 for their 3rd round tie away to Man City, but only received 5000.  Despite their protests, the decision was upheld for "security reasons".  I''m sure McNally & Co. didn''t take the decision lightly.Leicester fans would do well to consider that it may have been their club that made the decision not to take 4000, on the basis that they''d have had to pay for any unsold.  No doubt the 2400 are on sale or return.Would be nice to hear what the official line is, but even this may not be the true reason.