Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Barton sticks the knife into Colin!

[quote]Queens Park Rangers captain Joey Barton has said former boss Neil Warnock has himself to blame for losing his job.Warnock attacked the power of social networking sites for "slowly poisoning" his reputation with the club''s owners.But Barton said on Twitter that Warnock should "look in the mirror" if looking for someone to blame for his sacking."If I talked about Neil, he''d do well to get another job. Twitter cost him his job? I can think of a million other things," he tweeted."Lost his job and the guy is blaming everyone but himself! Embarrassing, time to look in the mirror mate," added Barton, who was made club captain by Warnock.And he went on: "Looking forward to the game against Wigan tomorrow. First time in a while we actually have a plan and seem organised."[/quote]You wonder what the dressing room was like?!

Barton is a complete tool whose time would be best spent seeing a therapist rather than persistantly tweeting abuse about people.Warnock''s rather over-zealous defending of Barton is possibly one of the reasons he got sacked.  Barton needs to learn how to respect other people.   I have nothing against Mark Hughes but really hope that QPR go down, even now that Colin has gone.

Barton is an idiot if you ask me - seems to think he is a modern day Oscar Wilde or something, but comes across to me as a complete [insert expletive]. No idea at all why the media seem so desperate to cosy up to him, he''s not much more than a thug with a pc.

How does a criminal like Barton pick up 80 grand a week for being an obnoxious cretin , a thug and all round waste of space ? Warnock did more for QPR than he will ever do he should learn some respect . Hopefully someone will break his legs sometime soon .

BP - Agreed. An idiot with a twitter account is still an idiot. I can definitely see why the media love him, it fills a few column inches every day.I guess if Warnock was our manager (Ignoring the History) we would probably like him, in the same way that we like Grant Holt but every set of opposition fans hate him. Whereas I am not sure I would be enjoy having to cheer a player like Barton.

There is talk amongst the QPR faithful of a mass booing session when he next takes to the pitch, that would be too funny!!

Barton would be a poisonous influence on any dressing room.  He clearly thinks he''s twice the player he is, and the fact he has a Twitter account means he has something worth saying (like most Twitter users.  Is there a website more vanity-oriented than Twitter?).  He isn''t, and he doesn''t, and if there was any natural justice in the world then he''d be getting booked at park level football every Saturday and then get back to stacking shelves on the night shift come Sunday.

This boy Barton is scum, he always will be, now to be honest I feel sorry for Colin, yeah he signed him, but just look how boy Barton repays him.

Dirty little scumbag.

I doubt very much mr Hughes will suffer this garbage can fool for long. I see nothing but bad luck from now on in, for this man child.

Let''s hope so eh !!

Please don''t feel sorry for Colin.  Barton is a vile little worm but he probably has a point about Warnock.   I know someone who played for him and I would never divulge what was said in total but whilst said person had no problem with him, many did and his attitude and manner amongst other things....

I think Colin is a pussy cat compared to Barton,  at least Colin has been good entertainment over the years!    Hope he soon gets the 1p5wich job!!  That would make it worth following the scum again as there would always be something to crow about - after all we''ve had the better of both of Colin and 1p5wich in recent years. 

Barton, convicted thug, scum. There are many in our game, high profile players that I will despise.

Warnock has been an amazing manager, Sheff Utd, he is Mr Sheff Utd. At Palace he kept that club afloat on the playing side when things were sour. At QPR he managed a team and brought in good talent with limited resources when the big money came in. As always it became their toy and they were biggerthan the club. But 4,500 fans giving personal emails to the club is a sign of what the man did. I recall Huckerby had personal emails directed to him from the club when he left. But the messages for Warnock are about the rise of the club who for years have had no hope and misled hope from the big money. He also says he will reply to each one, I believe he will because that is the guy he is.

I want QPR to go down, don''t like Hughes and now I want the changing room to blow up with all these egos. I feel for the QPR fans who have seen their club taken away from them by these rich owners and altho they are grateful for the job Warnock has done I would be fearful of a collapse, ala pompey or Leeds.

Barton and this phase of twitter will not be long remembered, Warnock bringing the team up after years of being in the championship will be remembered.

I like Warnock and nothing that little plonker says is going to change my mind. I think he loves the club he managers, he will bleed their colours. He is Mr Sheff Utd.

He is a lover of the traditional game, he has a great deal of admiration for our club and the way our owners have done their business. But he will always act in the best interest of his club. Good luck Barton think you will be a marked man by even some in your changing room if you start spouting stuff out again.

Neil Warnock Mr. Sheffield United?

"I have enjoyed My time here more than anywhere else and the QPR fans have been brilliant with me."

What is it that Barton has said that isn''t true? Football is a results business and Warnock wasn''t getting the results. I don''t agree with QPR getting rid of him but they wouldn''t have if he''d been getting the job done?

Barton speaks his mind and so does Colin. That''s why a lot of people hate them.

theyre both as bad as each other.....but you really have to question quite what Bartons agenda was for joining QPR in the first place , he doesnt seem to enjoy playing for the club, clearly didnt get on with Warnock and for all his faults could surely have joined a better set up than that??

I understand that Barton has a right to retaliate to what Warnock has said. Warnock has made himself once again look very small and bitter by openly criticizing the club and Barton after leaving. I can''t imagine Lambert ever doing that and his immense class will ensure he never loses a dressing room while he is manager.

But ultimately Warnock is right. Barton can belittle Warnock and his methods all he likes. But you have to respect his track record. He has taken QPR from their annual scrap to avoid relegation from the Championship to being a Premier League side.

Meanwhile Barton has achieved nothing but sub standard performances since arriving at Loftus Road. Like Warnock said he has been far more interested in this twitter stuff than delivering on the pitch. Colin stuck his next out by signing him from Newcastle when body else would touch him with a barge pole.

He repays him by getting sent off against us in a crucial game they desperately needed to win. Regardless of the rights or wrongs of that sending off it was completely selfish and irresponsible behaviour from their supposed captain and leader.

The guy is an absolute disgrace to football and society as a whole. He does not deserve any of the great privileges which the game has given him unlike our lads who have all thoroughly deserved and earned them. In the same way that Colin to his credit has as well.

Colin has been a successful manager for many years,  with a stupid number of successful seasons and relatively few relegations, and not always with the weight of money behind him and predominantly at smaller clubs.    Many clubs have spent like QPR to get out of the champs without succeeding. What is rare is that he has done that with a number of clubs.

Warnocks record alone earns him respect.  Its harder to do what he has at some clubs (like PL) than it is in the big clubs with millions behind them.

His style of football does not endear him to all and he has a personality that some love and some loathe.  However he is what football is about; passionate & opnionate.

What has Barton achieved?  He is an average footballer with a criminal record, more obsesssed with celebrity than the game, with a thuggery streak, wages and opinion of himself that far outweigh his acheivement and ability.  Loathesome

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Worth a bet on Barton scoring today, I bet he''ll up his game to prove a point.[/quote]Er, except he''s suspended for the sending off against some club who play in yellow and green.  [:$]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Worth a bet on Barton scoring today, I bet he''ll up his game to prove a point.[/quote]Er, except he''s suspended for the sending off against some club who play in yellow and green.  [:$][/quote]No he''s back today isn''t he? 2 FA cup and 1 PL game served.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Worth a bet on Barton scoring today, I bet he''ll up his game to prove a point.[/quote]Er, except he''s suspended for the sending off against some club who play in yellow and green.  [:$][/quote]No he''s back today isn''t he? 2 FA cup and 1 PL game served.[/quote]I couldn''t get odds on Bet 365 - but I can see him there now at 4/1 to score at any time.Think I might have a punt on that.  Ironically, there''s another word for Joey Barton and that rhymes with punt.

[quote user="Mister Chops"] there''s another word for Joey Barton and that rhymes with punt.[/quote]There is... but I have learned from these comments that I like him more than Warnock!

Warnock is a pantomime villan compared to Barton.

The latter is an odious individual. Don''t believe a word of the pseudo-intellectual garbage that he spouts on Twitter, that "image" of him is down to expensive PR advisors and marketing, they''re creating a ''character''; an alter-ego Joey for the public to lap up and love, it isn''t him at all in the genuine sense but a character, a facade, a very slick bit of marketing that he has ordered for himself.

They make money and he gets a reputation as some sort of deep thinker with something to say. Everyones happy.

Shame he doesn''t want to be seen as a footballer, if anything, he is using football and his club as a vehicle for his Emperors new clothes odyssey, he is using the game to his own ends. A fool like no other.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Warnock is a pantomime villan compared to Barton.

The latter is an odious individual. Don''t believe a word of the pseudo-intellectual garbage that he spouts on Twitter, that "image" of him is down to expensive PR advisors and marketing, they''re creating a ''character''; an alter-ego Joey for the public to lap up and love, it isn''t him at all in the genuine sense but a character, a facade, a very slick bit of marketing that he has ordered for himself.

They make money and he gets a reputation as some sort of deep thinker with something to say. Everyones happy.

Shame he doesn''t want to be seen as a footballer, if anything, he is using football and his club as a vehicle for his Emperors new clothes odyssey, he is using the game to his own ends. A fool like no other.

[/quote]Warnock also plays a character- I don''t know either of them personally but Warnock has wound me up and annoyed me more over the years. It''s not a conscious thing, but when I read this stuff in the news I found myself cheering Barton on not Warnock.