Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Grrr!! This site!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I''ve been told the sites are a lot more stable today (we live in hope)Any problems please email me[/quote]You''re avin a larf, Pete.I get logged out at random intervals and can''t get back in. Then the whole thing hangs up and crashes or freezes. I have tried 3 different browsers and still no joy. Its bloody appalling Pete, for Chissake! get it fixed we don''t get this trouble on other sites.[/quote]

Blasterd soight need updeertin'' I shink.

Seriously though - the argument by some people (notably Mister ''brown-nose'' Chops) is that the site is free and nobody has the right to complain. Well sod that for a game of soldiers - folk have been using this place for years and deserve better - there''s a myriad free servers out there in internet land that host message boards such as this - the adverts can be a tad frustrating on some of them, but not nearly as frustrating as trying to use a site that''s on its pineapple fritter.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I''ve been told the sites are a lot more stable today (we live in hope)Any problems please email me[/quote]You''re avin a larf, Pete.I get logged out at random intervals and can''t get back in. Then the whole thing hangs up and crashes or freezes. I have tried 3 different browsers and still no joy. Its bloody appalling Pete, for Chissake! get it fixed we don''t get this trouble on other sites.[/quote]

Seriously though - the argument by some people (notably Mister ''brown-nose'' Chops) is that the site is free and nobody has the right to complain. Well sod that for a game of soldiers - folk have been using this place for years and deserve better - there''s a myriad free servers out there in internet land that host message boards such as this - the adverts can be a tad frustrating on some of them, but not nearly as frustrating as trying to use a site that''s on its pineapple fritter.

pete, i have had hellish trouble getting on here last couple of days!! its all very well saying email you but if you cant get on how can we e mail you? in this day and age these problems shouldnt take long to cure!!!

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I''ve been told the sites are a lot more stable today (we live in hope)Any problems please email me[/quote]You''re avin a larf, Pete.I get logged out at random intervals and can''t get back in. Then the whole thing hangs up and crashes or freezes. I have tried 3 different browsers and still no joy. Its bloody appalling Pete, for Chissake! get it fixed we don''t get this trouble on other sites.[/quote]

Seriously though - the argument by some people (notably Mister ''brown-nose'' Chops) is that the site is free and nobody has the right to complain. Well sod that for a game of soldiers - folk have been using this place for years and deserve better - there''s a myriad free servers out there in internet land that host message boards such as this - the adverts can be a tad frustrating on some of them, but not nearly as frustrating as trying to use a site that''s on its pineapple fritter. [/quote]And don''t fool yourself that they run it for ''free''.  The adverts at the top and bottom of the site mean that (dependent on how they are selling space) they are making money every time we log on.

Dear oh dear, it''s all rather reminiscent of GrantRoederGunn don''t you think?

Hellllllp..........................!!!!

Now who''ll be our Bowkett?

OTBC

Problems with accessing the message board in particular are constant and getting worse. There seems to be a dwindling number of new posts on the forum, in part doubtless due to the ignorant and abusive responses many users face when posting new threads, but quite possibly also fuelled by the poor IT infrastructure.

Problems with accessing the message board in particular are constant and getting worse. There seems to be a dwindling number of new posts on the forum, in part doubtless due to the ignorant and abusive responses many users face when posting new threads, but quite possibly also fuelled by the poor IT infrastructure.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I''ve been told the sites are a lot more stable today (we live in hope)Any problems please email me[/quote]You''re avin a larf, Pete.I get logged out at random intervals and can''t get back in. Then the whole thing hangs up and crashes or freezes. I have tried 3 different browsers and still no joy. Its bloody appalling Pete, for Chissake! get it fixed we don''t get this trouble on other sites.[/quote]

Seriously though - the argument by some people (notably Mister ''brown-nose'' Chops) is that the site is free and nobody has the right to complain. Well sod that for a game of soldiers - folk have been using this place for years and deserve better - there''s a myriad free servers out there in internet land that host message boards such as this - the adverts can be a tad frustrating on some of them, but not nearly as frustrating as trying to use a site that''s on its pineapple fritter. [/quote]Feel free to set up somewhere else.  I believe there are quite a few "I like 15 year olds" forums where you''d feel right at home.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]I''ve been told the sites are a lot more stable today (we live in hope)Any problems please email me[/quote]You''re avin a larf, Pete.I get logged out at random intervals and can''t get back in. Then the whole thing hangs up and crashes or freezes. I have tried 3 different browsers and still no joy. Its bloody appalling Pete, for Chissake! get it fixed we don''t get this trouble on other sites.[/quote]

Seriously though - the argument by some people (notably Mister ''brown-nose'' Chops) is that the site is free and nobody has the right to complain. Well sod that for a game of soldiers - folk have been using this place for years and deserve better - there''s a myriad free servers out there in internet land that host message boards such as this - the adverts can be a tad frustrating on some of them, but not nearly as frustrating as trying to use a site that''s on its pineapple fritter. [/quote]And don''t fool yourself that they run it for ''free''.  The adverts at the top and bottom of the site mean that (dependent on how they are selling space) they are making money every time we log on.[/quote]And website getting around 500 unique hit a day will earn a whopping $0.75 a day. That probably covers Pete''s wages [:|]

[quote user="The 12th Devine"]Problems with accessing the message board in particular are constant and getting worse. There seems to be a dwindling number of new posts on the forum, in part doubtless due to the ignorant and abusive responses many users face when posting new threads, but quite possibly also fuelled by the poor IT infrastructure.[/quote]Hear, hear!My advice to the weaker members of my cabinet was "if you want to cut your own throat, don''t come to me for a bandage."

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

And website getting around 500 unique hit a day will earn a whopping $0.75 a day. That probably covers Pete''s wages [:|][/quote]Not necessarily.  Depends on what deal the group have with advertisers, as these adverts also appear across the whole of Archant''s sites, if they''re using CPM I''d imagine they''re doing OK - every little helps.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

And website getting around 500 unique hit a day will earn a whopping $0.75 a day. That probably covers Pete''s wages [:|][/quote]Not necessarily.  Depends on what deal the group have with advertisers, as these adverts also appear across the whole of Archant''s sites, if they''re using CPM I''d imagine they''re doing OK - every little helps.

I doubt the P&L contribution of this forum is in positive figures after you work out the costs of infrastructure and maintenance including staff costs, overheads etc.  The advertising will generate very little income.For clarity, everyone has the right to complain as much as they like, but I don''t see Archant spending any money on resolving the issue as there''s nothing much in it for them to continue.  I suspect the message board will be left to wither and die as there are better, more functional alternatives out there which are already set up and working.

Fed up with this site not running properly sort it out Archant or is will go elsewhere!!!

Hamster obviously haven''t been up to speed today!

[quote user="BW"]Fed up with this site not running properly sort it out Archant or is will go elsewhere!!![/quote] bet they are gutted, as we all would be.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="BW"]Fed up with this site not running properly sort it out Archant or is will go elsewhere!!![/quote] bet they are gutted, as we all would be.
[/quote]

Well I''d miss BW.

As tolerant as I am... it is getting one''s tits a bit....

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="BW"]Fed up with this site not running properly sort it out Archant or is will go elsewhere!!![/quote] bet they are gutted, as we all would be.[/quote]

Well I''d miss BW.

[/quote]thats what i said [*-)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just took 2 hours to log on and it is still hit and miss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]..........this afternoon is the first time iv''e been able to access the message board since wednesday morning. get pink un home page but not able to enter the fun on the forum.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I rejoined Vital Norwich today.......that''ll teach them![/quote]Quick Pete, you can switch the power back on now [Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]I rejoined Vital Norwich today.......that''ll teach them![/quote]Quick Pete, you can switch the power back on now [Y][/quote]

What with remarks like the above and accusations of paedophilia aimed in my direction for making a pretty light-hearted comment regarding a photo of a female who looked in their mid-twenties at least, I expect you''ll be pleased to be the only poster remaining here.

Shyster you should remember that for some people the forum rules are a mere irritation and there to be ignored whereas others get banned for the slightest upsetClearly that person who made that flamatory accusation did not consider the possible consequences

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]I rejoined Vital Norwich today.......that''ll teach them![/quote]Quick Pete, you can switch the power back on now [Y][/quote]

What with remarks like the above and accusations of paedophilia aimed in my direction for making a pretty light-hearted comment regarding a photo of a female who looked in their mid-twenties at least, I expect you''ll be pleased to be the only poster remaining here.[/quote]Excellent."She looked much older, your honour...."I hear Thailand''s nice this time of year [Y]