Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Transfer targets?

With Frimpong going to wolves and jordan rhodes saying he''s going nowhere, has anyone heard of any realistic transfer targets to bolster our team towards the finishing line???

Kyle Naughton on a permenant, still being linked with Rhodes even despite what he''s said, Gunter and McGugan from Forest keep springing up, Maynard as well. Don''t rate Maynard, and haven''t seen much of the others so I can''t really have an opinion on that (apart from Naughton of course, who looked alot better on the left than he did on the right).

Abdou & Taylor-Fletcher, are you having a laugh. When did you last watch football 2006. More like Liam Trotter (Ex scummer) and Matt Phillips of Millwall & Blackpool.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I can exclusively reveal that we are on the verge of signing Ollie Twist from Workhouse United, of the Underclass League. He perfectly fits Paul Lambert''s criteria of of being young (very young, actually) and very, very hungry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc

[/quote]

Can we have MORE of those sorts of signings please Sir?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I can exclusively reveal that we are on the verge of signing Ollie Twist from Workhouse United, of the Underclass League. He perfectly fits Paul Lambert''s criteria of of being young (very young, actually) and very, very hungry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc

[/quote]

Can we have MORE of those sorts of signings please Sir?

[/quote]

Yes, but only if the INCSC stops unilaterally playing around with the fixture list (as evidenced by its chairman in a recent article) and moves the Man Utd home game back from March to its original weekend in late February...[:P][:D][:P]

Have heard that we are one of 3 teams that have made a offer to get Josh McEachran on loan from Chelsea.

May only be a rumour (Gossip) but on a recent trip to watch Sheff Wed Vs Huddersfield a friend of mine told me that we are rumoured to be looking at Madine the Wednesday Forward/? I know nothing about him but I believe he''s another big strong striker.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]May only be a rumour (Gossip) but on a recent trip to watch Sheff Wed Vs Huddersfield a friend of mine told me that we are rumoured to be looking at Madine the Wednesday Forward/? I know nothing about him but I believe he''s another big strong striker.[/quote]

Sounds like a wilby replacement.

Played 16 this year scored 11!

Sheff Weds signed him a year ago so maybe not going to sell until the summer and they are pushing for auto promo.

Madine is another one whose agent seems to do a lot more talking than the player - giving Madine a problem as a "team player".  Has not been a regular recently following leaked stories to the local press in Sheffield that Norwich and others were interested in him.  Doesn''t sound like a Lambert player to me - bloody agents - know how to destroy players careers.

I would like to see a strong defensive midfielder who can bring the ball out from defence and also an attacking midfielder who has the "Huckerby" excitement factor - area''s we are strongly lacking in at the moment.

How about a defender?

Having looked at the league table, you see we''ve scored 28 and conceded 34, in only 19 games. This screams out that we are conceding far too many goals.

Scoring is not our problem, so all this nonsense about "we need a new striker, or a creative player" is RUBBISH.

Get a centre half in ASAP.

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]Abdou & Taylor-Fletcher, are you having a laugh. When did you last watch football 2006. More like Liam Trotter (Ex scummer) and Matt Phillips of Millwall & Blackpool.[/quote]No, both excellent players who would add to the squad. You would suggest?

[quote user="El Asesino"]How about a defender?

Having looked at the league table, you see we''ve scored 28 and conceded 34, in only 19 games. This screams out that we are conceding far too many goals.

Scoring is not our problem, so all this nonsense about "we need a new striker, or a creative player" is RUBBISH.

Get a centre half in ASAP.[/quote]I put it to you that our defence is solid, and it is the midfield not giving enough cover.R.Martin/Naughton -Right backTierney/Drury/Naughton - Left backWhitbread/Ayala/R.Martin/Barnett/De Laet - Centre half (with Ward to come back) Looks good on paper - it hasn;t helped with injurys etc.Also, what doesn''t help is an attack minded midfield.Any midfield comprising of Hoolahan/Surman/Pilkington  or Hoolahan/Bennett/Pilkington is going to struggle to defendadd Fox to the above and you have an all out attacking midfield. Add Johnson, you have more bite with less ability, add Crofts ditto.The defence needs a strong midfielder, who can take the ball from box to box. 

"I put it to you that our defence is solid, and it is the midfield not giving enough cover.

R.Martin/Naughton -Right back

Tierney/Drury/Naughton - Left back

Whitbread/Ayala/R.Martin/Barnett/De Laet - Centre half (with Ward to come back) "

Okay, we have got cover, but there is no getting away from the fact we concede too many goals. Individual mistakes from defenders have cost us many goals so far this season. I''m not saying don''t strengthen elsewhere, I''m just saying that a defender (preferably CB) should be top of our list of priorities.

[quote user="1eed5canary"][quote user="El Asesino"]How about a defender? Having looked at the league table, you see we''ve scored 28 and conceded 34, in only 19 games. This screams out that we are conceding far too many goals. Scoring is not our problem, so all this nonsense about "we need a new striker, or a creative player" is RUBBISH. Get a centre half in ASAP.[/quote]

I put it to you that our defence is solid, and it is the midfield not giving enough cover.

R.Martin/Naughton -Right back
Tierney/Drury/Naughton - Left back
Whitbread/Ayala/R.Martin/Barnett/De Laet - Centre half (with Ward to come back)

Looks good on paper - it hasn;t helped with injurys etc.

Also, what doesn''t help is an attack minded midfield.
Any midfield comprising of Hoolahan/Surman/Pilkington  or Hoolahan/Bennett/Pilkington is going to struggle to defend
add Fox to the above and you have an all out attacking midfield. Add Johnson, you have more bite with less ability, add Crofts ditto.

The defence needs a strong midfielder, who can take the ball from box to box. 
[/quote]

How about Dickson Etuhu (Fulham)

[quote user="El Asesino"][quote user="tom cavendish"]I would try for Danny Murphy who is out of contract at the end of the season.[/quote]

no thanks[/quote]Who would you like to see?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]May only be a rumour (Gossip) but on a recent trip to watch Sheff Wed Vs Huddersfield a friend of mine told me that we are rumoured to be looking at Madine the Wednesday Forward/? I know nothing about him but I believe he''s another big strong striker.[/quote]

Sounds like a wilby replacement.

Played 16 this year scored 11!

[/quote]That sounds nothing like a Wilbrahamovic replacement."Played 16, 8 assists, average 8km/game, booed off after 75 minutes."That would be a Wilby replacement.