Sign in to follow this  
Frying Pan Eyes

2 new signings imminent

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]I have it on good authority we are about to sign a player from Germany and a Leeds player. Was a having a chat with someone well connected with NCFC. Cant say who it was for obvious reasons. Watch this space........... You heard it here first.[/quote]

Bump *

I agree, very lucky. Your post was so vague and a preety fair guess for two players we may bring in this jan, although you were most liekly putting your hopes on Snodgrass. Give us the german players name if you want to prove us wrong

Agreed, this guy could be telling the truth, but claiming a Leeds player after we''d been linked with Snodgrass all summer wasn''t ''out there''.  If he really does have a source then we need at least the club of the German player.We can then dismiss this as rubbish, or praise him, come the end of the transfer window.

Probably a very long shot, but according to this, Borussia Dortmund are looking to get rid of either Lucas Barrios or Mohamed Zidan in this transfer window

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1009486/mohamed-zidan-or-lukas-barrios-facing-borussia-dortmund-chop?cc=5739

They''ve also just agreed a big-money deal to sign Marco Reus in the summer, so they probably need to sell to free up a bit of cash.

If Howson is coming in, then I imagine PL would be in the market for a forward or defender as the second signing, rather than another midfielder... Barrios is surely much too expensive for us and also wanted by ''bigger'' clubs, but Zidan could be a good shout - experienced, proven at international level and knows where the goal is...

I know the German player, I also have an extremely reliable source who got Bradley Johnson spot on back in the summer.

the player plays in the Bundesliga and has represented his country. name may be unfamiliar to some, though.

If that is true, cappsy, why not just tell us who it is? Live or die by your supposed information. It is a bit feeble to do it behind such vagueness, we could all make stuff up if we so chose....

Right, no inside info or any BS like that, just my opinion. Based on the vague inferences on here about not being a household name etc.

The one name that immediately jumped out at me was Jakub Blaszczykowski of Dortmund. Looking for a loan to get some football before the Euros, good level of English, Captains the Polish national side, can play RW in 4-2-3-1 (or 4-4-1-1 if thats what you prefer to call it) or can play up front in a 442. Quick as lightning (hasn''t lost the yard, even aged 32) and a superb finisher with a real creative spark.

I know that with Howson incoming then we''re probably looking for a defender but if we were to go for another attacking player then he more than fits the bill, and fits with this post although Im well aware the OP could have made it all up.

Pure guesswork from me, but if this were true then I would be incredibly excited - think a right-sided Huckerby and you''re not far off the mark.

He''s known as "Kuba" for short so that''s how the commentators refer to him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgiLqRYnu4&feature=related

he goes by the name of Phillip Lahm, supposedly pretty good. may explain Tierney''s absence?

that Blaszczykowski is absolutely rapid, like Lennon/Walcott..well according to FIFA stats...

[quote user="Cappsy"]he goes by the name of Phillip Lahm, supposedly pretty good. may explain Tierney''s absence?

that Blaszczykowski is absolutely rapid, like Lennon/Walcott..well according to FIFA stats...[/quote]LMAOOne of the most ridiculous rumours I HAVE EVER HEARD.  The German and Bayern Munich CAPTAIN signing for us...I''ll have some of what you''re taking Cappsy.

Philip Lahm...

Oh my God! Not a chance in hell!

Interesting shout on Jakub Błaszczykowski. I follow Poland a bit (my mum is Polish) and he definately still has a lot of pace and quality, though at 32 he is probably on a downward curve.

From what my friends in Germany tell me, all rumours concerning us centre around Dortmund. Being as such, and just thinking logically, I can see us trying for a loan but for one of their young players rather than an older one- Lambert and Culverhouse being who they are, I can''t imagine them getting an older player.

Borussia Dortmund seem to have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to promising young footballers at present and a loan to us could potentially benefit all concerned. I doubt that there would be an option to buy at the end of the loan, but it might be possible to extend the loan to cover next season as well (depending upon the age and promise of the player in question, amongst other things etc etc).

Some possible names: Moritz Leitner, Mario Vrančić, Konstantin Fring.

All good prospects and all just outside the first team (with the possible exception of Leitner).

Having said all this, we could all be completely wrong. Afterall, who saw the Howson bid coming?

[quote user="manbearpig"]Damien Le Tallec of Borrusia Dortmund[/quote]

Regarded the next big prospect out of France at one time. Personally, I''ve never been bowled over by him... and it seems nor have Borussia Dortmund!

Do we even need another striker? And if we do, there must be a better striker available somewhere.

I will gladly eat my words if wrong, but I doubt we in for a striker. And if we are, I doubt its him.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]

Interesting shout on Jakub Błaszczykowski. ........... he is probably on a downward curve.

[/quote]Certainly would be if you want that printed on your City shirt.The person doing the printing''ll have a heart attack if you ask for that one [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Militant Canary"]

Interesting shout on Jakub Błaszczykowski. ........... he is probably on a downward curve.

[/quote]

Certainly would be if you want that printed on your City shirt.

The person doing the printing''ll have a heart attack if you ask for that one [:D]
[/quote]

V. good.

[quote user="kick it off"]

The one name that immediately jumped out at me was Jakub Blaszczykowski of Dortmund.[/quote]I can see why that jumped out at you.  I think we should sign him, just for the hilarity the next time Paul Merson gets our game on Soccer Saturday.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]

Regarded the next big prospect out of France at one time. Personally, I''ve never been bowled over by him... and it seems nor have Borussia Dortmund!

Do we even need another striker? And if we do, there must be a better striker available somewhere.

I will gladly eat my words if wrong, but I doubt we in for a striker. And if we are, I doubt its him.

[/quote]

Your thinking of Anthony Le Tallec... Damien''s older brother who was with Liverpool for a while, currently back in France with Auxerre

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="Militant Canary"]

[/quote] Your thinking of Anthony Le Tallec... Damien''s older brother who was with Liverpool for a while, currently back in France with Auxerre[/quote]

Nope. I''m talking about Damien.

Nonetheless- thinking about it- he is very young and is only being gradually introduced into senior football. And, of course, if I am proven wrong (which happens not infrequently!) then not only will I eat my words, I will give him the wholehearted support I give to all Norwich City players.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Militant Canary"]

[/quote]Certainly would be if you want that printed on your City shirt.The person doing the printing''ll have a heart attack if you ask for that one [:D][/quote]"Kuba" for short apparently?  But it appears he is no Brazillian. I think too many people on here have been playing too many computer games?If this is anything to go by then no thank you. It is worse than the infamous Ronnie Rosenthal at Villa Park