Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

mick dennis

surprised nobody has commented on his appearance on canary call slating fans who leave early when the game is finely poised at 3-2... have to admit i can''t understand this myself either ...whats the point of going ? [:D]

I don''t see why it''s anyone else''s business if they want to leave before the final whistle. Personally, I wouldn''t.

I remember a Good Friday game down at White Hart Lane and we were 5-0 down. I was in the front row and it was absolutely pissing down but my mate and I stayed to the bitter end and saw a Ekoku consolation.

Something about avoiding the traffic I believe.

When I used to go (every game, every year before becoming an exile)   the early leavers were an annoyance as your enjoyment of the game was spoilt by continually having to stand out of your seat to let them out.

I never left late and never minded the traffic as listening to Sports Report (?) on the car radio was alwaysl part of the day.

Mick Dennis he''s card int he?  He moans about fans who has a pop at him.  Then he turns round and moans about fans who choose to do X Y or Z.Yes it''s a pisser getting up and down in your seat letting fans past but that''s how it is. 

As far as I''m concerned fans can do what the bloody hell they like. I personally never leave before the end of a game (done it once, i had to get the last train back to london, if thats ok!) and think it strange that people do, but who on earth is Mick Dennis to decide what the paying public should and shouldn''t do, when he probably gets in for nothing?!

Tbh I didn''t even notice that many empty spaces today, either at the time or on motd.

I am not a Mick Dennis fan, (See his pro Glenn Roeder stuff when the man had clearly lost the plot as evidence) but I am completely with him on this one. I respect the fact you pay your money you can decide when you leave. But unless you have work or some other commitment you have presumably decided you want to give up your afternoon to watch the football. So I don''t get how an extra 30 mins (worst case scenario) or so can hurt if you don''t get out early. Particularly when its not exactly a secret about how prolific we are in the stoppage time.

I must admit that I find it odd that people leave 5- 10 mins before the game finishes, they miss so many goals and dont find out the result until they get to their cars.

Guess most people do it to avoid some of the traffic but what difference does leaving 5 to 10 mins really make?

Its like going to watch a film and missing the ending. [:)]

I''m inclined to agree with the sentiment, but it is rather galling for it to come today when I didn''t notice many empty seats at all, and that it came from someone who is presumably paid to go when the rest of us pay heavily for the privilege.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m inclined to agree with the sentiment, but it is rather galling for it to come today when I didn''t notice many empty seats at all, and that it came from someone who is presumably paid to go when the rest of us pay heavily for the privilege.[/quote]

Agree it wasn''t as many as usual, but I still dont understand it [:)]

I used to get a lift with my friend when I had my season ticket we always used to leave early (he was the driver) I remember always moaning about it however I did appreciate getting home 1hour-90mins early we stayed til full time for first few games we got the season tickets but it becomes a joke when your stuck for ages did like listening to canary call tho while waiting to leave the car park

mick dennis is pretty clueless for someone who makes his living writing about football. when he was on talksport, the day that man.city signed david silva, he said he didn`t have a clue who he was, "never heard of him".

The couple next to me left as the 3rd Blackburn goal was scored. That was 70 quid well spent!

Whoa! I didn''t do any talkSPORT during July 2010. If I had, and if, for some reason, I had forgotten seeing Silva several times at Valencia, I would not have admitted that ignorance on radio. I''d have bullsh***ed.

On the subject in hand, I pay to watch City (that''s our City, exiled blue) home and away, as I have done for several decades. Occasionally I get asked to cover them for the Express, although I try to avoid that, because I can''t enjoy the game. Even more occasionally I get an invite from Delia and, guess what, I say ''Yes please''. But most of the time I do a 260-mile round trip just to home games. My fury yesterday was that this set of players and this manager deserve more than people walking out on them when they are pressing for an equaliser. I know it happens at other grounds, but I don''t care about other teams.

I didn''t hear it, but I agree with him. Why leave early?

At 3-2 yesterday countless people left walking past me, to each one of them I loudly said "you''ll miss a gaol".

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]Whoa! I didn''t do any talkSPORT during July 2010. If I had, and if, for some reason, I had forgotten seeing Silva several times at Valencia, I would not have admitted that ignorance on radio. I''d have bullsh***ed. On the subject in hand, I pay to watch City (that''s our City, exiled blue) home and away, as I have done for several decades. Occasionally I get asked to cover them for the Express, although I try to avoid that, because I can''t enjoy the game. Even more occasionally I get an invite from Delia and, guess what, I say ''Yes please''. But most of the time I do a 260-mile round trip just to home games. My fury yesterday was that this set of players and this manager deserve more than people walking out on them when they are pressing for an equaliser. I know it happens at other grounds, but I don''t care about other teams.[/quote]

Mick, you don''t know their circumstances so shut the fcuk up.

you were on with mike parry. my timing may be out and it may have been AFTER we signed silva. but i heard it with my own ears. i think you also said much the same about yaya toure, i can`t be any more specific than that as i can`t remember exactly what was said about him. i remember parry being bemused that you`d never heard of silva though.

[quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]Whoa! I didn''t do any talkSPORT during July 2010. If I had, and if, for some reason, I had forgotten seeing Silva several times at Valencia, I would not have admitted that ignorance on radio. I''d have bullsh***ed. On the subject in hand, I pay to watch City (that''s our City, exiled blue) home and away, as I have done for several decades. Occasionally I get asked to cover them for the Express, although I try to avoid that, because I can''t enjoy the game. Even more occasionally I get an invite from Delia and, guess what, I say ''Yes please''. But most of the time I do a 260-mile round trip just to home games. My fury yesterday was that this set of players and this manager deserve more than people walking out on them when they are pressing for an equaliser. I know it happens at other grounds, but I don''t care about other teams.[/quote]

[/quote]

But what circumstances could force people to leave so early?

If I was a a betting woman I would say the majority of people who leave early do so they dont have to sit in a queue of traffic, but then again what would you rather do, miss Norwich''s late goals or get home 30 mins later, it''s a no brainer to me?

Dear Boss,Sorry I was half hour late for my shift.  Mick Dennis dictated that I wasn''t allowed to leave the match a minute or two early to avoid the traffic.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="yellow blood"]

[/quote]

But what circumstances could force people to leave so early?

If I was a a betting woman I would say the majority of people who leave early do so they dont have to sit in a queue of traffic, but then again what would you rather do, miss Norwich''s late goals or get home 30 mins later, it''s a no brainer to me?

[/quote]

Collecting a child from another activity, catching a train/bus, visiting a sick relative, don''t like being in a crowd of people leaving a football stadium, another engagement so have to be home and get ready, electronically tagged...

I have never left a game early I dont think in the 14 years I have had my season ticket BUT if you leave early perhaps consider this...

I sat in my Mum and Brothers seat yesterday in Jarrold stand (opposed to my usual seat in the N&P upper).

I had to get away quickly yesterday so once Holt scored the penalty we walked down and sat in some seats right by the exit where some fans had already left and then once the final whistle went we were able to get out quickly. A win win situation!

the pedant in me has just had me digging through various sites to find the talksport clip i referred to. it seems i MAY have you confused with mike graham. if that is the case i apologise unreservedly. *doffs cap*.

Of course a small percentage of folk who leave early have very valid reasons. But most of them just don''t want to sit in a traffic jam. Fair enough. That''s their choice. But if we believe the crowd have played a part in the Lambert seasons, surely this group of players deserve our support until the end of matches. That''s my view. I am not saying it carries any special weight. It''s just my opinion. I find it odd that the most extreme comments are expressed on here but my views are disqualified in some minds. Hey ho.

On the talkSPORT thing, the only time I appeared with Mike Parry in the whole of the 2010-11 tax year was on 31 December. Yaya Toure? Wasn''t he the big bloke who played in the Champions League final for Barca? Seriously, thanks for the apology, exiled blue. I''ll go now.

I agree with Mick.

Some have a good reason. Some. Not all.

Mick is not moaning at the Some, he is moaning at the Not all.

To those who take offence at what he has said then understand this; if you know in your heart you must leave, then you shouldn''t be taking offence. You must leave. You have somewhere better to be. His opinion shouldn''t bother you, but also it''s not aimed at you.

It''s aimed at the person in the car in front of you, or in front of him, who have left just so they are the car in front of you.

---

Seriously people, read the article or listen to the caller and try to think of the intent of the article or the caller. Then count to ten. Then write.

Good post CantonsHero. I`ve disagreed with MD plenty over the years but just as people are allowed to leave early if they wish, MD is allowed his opinion that it`s disrespectful to our wonderful team+manager. Unfortunately the people he is refering too won`t be reading this.

[quote user="yellow blood"]

Collecting a child from another activity, catching a train/bus, visiting a sick relative, don''t like being in a crowd of people leaving a football stadium, another engagement so have to be home and get ready, electronically tagged...

[/quote]

I do accept that a small percentage may have to go to work, thats fair enough, but would 10 mins make any difference if picking up a child, visiting a sick relative, getting ready to go out. You know the game finishes around 4.50pm surely you can make your arrangements around those times?

I still think the majority of the early leavers do so to avoid the traffic and I dont see how that 10 mins makes  much of a difference.