Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

mick dennis

People can come and go as they please for me but one request if you do need/want to leave early ,please wait until the ball goes out of play so the rest of us who don''t want to miss the game don''t.[:)]

Oh and by the way went to the Emeriates for a Champions League game a few years ago - people were arriving 10/15 after KO and the same people were making their way to the half time refreshments 10/15minutes before the half time whistle. - fine but the seats we had were the end ones![:@]

I''m not criticising people who leave early, we pay our money and make our own choices but this little girl who is left waiting to be picked up after her dance class, why doesn''t the person who took her to her dance class pick her up as the person who is at the match wouldn''t have dropped her off, kids dance classes don''t last that long.

This thread reminds me of quite a few seasons ago, when the people who sat behind me at that time always left at 84 minutes regardless of the score. In one particular game, the opposition scored an equalizer and we then scored the winner, both in added time (might have been v Leicester, I think). At the next game, I made a remark that they had missed two goals at the previous game. The reply came "Well, we got home nice and early ..." ???!!!

[quote user="Harry"]I''m not criticising people who leave early, we pay our money and make our own choices but this little girl who is left waiting to be picked up after her dance class, why doesn''t the person who took her to her dance class pick her up as the person who is at the match wouldn''t have dropped her off, kids dance classes don''t last that long.[/quote]

thats what i was thinking micheal flatley does less practising than that [:D]

Has anyone considered, when driving on, say, the M25, where every other driver on that road that day, is going to?

We all want to get to our destination(s) but have to come off the motorway at different times, for a whole variety of reasons.

There is not one definitive reason why people leave a football match early, from traffic issues, parties to go to, trains to catch, kids to pick up etc etc.

The person who dropped the child off at a dance class , may not be able to pick them up again, because they have other things going on in their lives that day, just a small point, but you see where I am going with this?

As hard as it is for some of us to comprehend, i.e that when we go to football, we do our utmost to put football as the priority for that day, and the rest of our (and our family''s) lives/schedules get built around it, that isn''t always the case for absolutely everyone

All we would ask is those that do, show a little bit of nous and, as has been mentioned before, perhaps make a bolt for it when the ball is out of play or when there is a stoppage, common courtesy.

Back in the 1980''s, I left a game early, for the one and only time (it was a cup game against Birmingham I think, that had gone to extra time) to meet up with a girlfriend who was waiting to give me lift, and as it was dark, I didnt feel comfortable with her waiting , in a car, on a dark road. Needless to say I heard a great cheer as I was walking away from the ground as City scored, and I put on a brave face as I got in the car, having missed the winner. Now I am not saying outright that was the reason we are not together now, but it''s the one I am sticking to. :}

[quote user="The Jewish Cowboy"][quote user="HoltsRightFoot"]''If I was a a betting woman I would say the majority of people who leave early do so they dont have to sit in a queue of traffic, but then again what would you rather do, miss Norwich''s late goals or get home 30 mins later, it''s a no brainer to me?'' I would rather see a Norwich late goal, have never left early and never will.[/quote]

Impossible to say 100%.  I''m sure many never have intended to but circumstances has dictated otherwise.  You see, 20,000 regular ST holders during the course of a season. Probability suggests some may have to at some point.

Just as a ''for instance''.  It''s your old grand mothers surprise 90th birthday bash organised at 5.15pm. Would you

A) miss the game totally

B) leave 5 minutes early to get back in time.

All right nobody has to answer it just demonstrates a point.
[/quote]

Effective forward planning and communication would result in it starting a few minutes later!