Sign in to follow this  
LFC_Matt8Pie

Liverpool vs Norwich - Spyin' Kop

Hello guys

Liverpool fan here from RAWK (redandwhitekop.com) and we run a feature every week where we ask for our opposition fans'' opinions on the match and season so far. I''d really appreciate your answers on the following questions to help make this week''s feature a success.

I have some family in Norfolk which is why I''ve got the opportunity to speak to you guys about the game. Thanks in advance and you can always check the feature once it''s up on our forums.

1. To start with, Norwich currently sit in 9th place in the Premier League going into this game and haven''t rolled over like many teams do when coming up to the Premiership. What have you made of your season so far?

2. You played some great football over the past couple of seasons and it looks like you''re not going to change the style of play you''ve become accustomed to under Paul Lambert in the big league. How important do you think this is for continuing your progression and success?

3. We know a thing or two about Scottish managers and you seem to have some manager in Paul Lambert. Thinking back, what were your initial thoughts when you managed to pluck him away from Colchester United after that horrible defeat, and did you ever expect him to achieve what he has so far?

4. Given that you are newly promoted to Premiership, you''ve had some great success over the past couple of seasons and with some style. What would you deem a successful season this season?

5. We''ve seen a lot of your support from Norwich travelling to your away games and you seem to really enjoy your days out. What''s it like being back in the Premiership? What does it mean to you?

6. It''s been 6 years since you were last in the Premiership, did you expect it to take this long to return? What''s it been like for you with two relegations and double promotions within such a short space of time?

7. How confident are you of achieving your aims this season?

8. Will you miss your derby game this season, or is it great to gloat about being back in the Premiership?

9. I can''t not mention that Delia moment. What do you think of when you see it replayed on TV and talked about by other fans?

10. Onto the fixture, then. The last time Norwich beat Liverpool was at Anfield on the last game before the Kop was reconstructed. Any memories of that day? I was only a wee pecker and remember David James frustrating you.

11. To restore a little bit of Anfield faith, you haven''t beaten us since! But after your cracking display at Manchester United which was great to see, and a good win this weekend, you must fancy your chances?

12. Grant Holt was brilliant last season for you but hasn''t managed to hit those heights yet this season. Is it a case of sleeping giant or is it too much for him so far?

13. What players do you see as your dangermen, and similarly, what players of ours are you worried about?

14. Norwich City have quite a good record of players passing through and going onto having high profile careers and we''ve even had some pass through our ranks such as the likes of Peter Crouch and Craig Bellamy. What did you make of Dani Pacheco last season, and what hopes do you have for Daniel Ayala?

15. Do you have any fond memories of previous fixtures with Liverpool?

16. We''ve heard some familiar songs being sung from the Norwich crowd this season. What songs are we expecting to hear this Saturday from your travelling faithful?

17. What do you make of Liverpool this season? How do you rate our recent summer signings?

18. A pretty obligatory question but out of our current squad, barring Gerrard and Suarez, what player would you most like to see in your team?

19. What do you think your weak links are, and where do you see ours being?

20. What type of game are you expecting this weekend?

21. Finally, what''s your score prediction for the game?

Thanks for your time and I would really appreciate your answers!

1) Progressively getting better and better, from scraping a point with a hard working but ultimately lacking in quality performance vs Wigan to 3 wins in the last 4, i only hope it can continue.2) I think it''s important to have a solid base to the team, but we have had to adapt to premiership life. The introduction of 2 wingers and a lone man up front has complimented our strong passing and moving game well. We can''t show too much respect in this league, or else we''d just get beat 1-0 every game.3) I thought "good, a genuine manager who has worked his way up to this job with a good track record.I wonder how he''ll handle the bigger stage however." I had always respected his talents as a player.4) 17th and survival, no word of a lie. I think we could do better, but hand me survival in our first season and i''d bite your hand off. Maybe i''ll be more ambitious and say that we won''t be involved in any final day drama.5) It''s great, although it''s an absolute ball ache to get away tickets because of our great fan base.6) Crazy, a real emotional roller coaster, I thought we''d be down longer, especially after that 7-1 loss, i must confess i lost faith that day.7) At the moment, i''m very positive, although the pessimist in me is always on edge, we''re only 1 bad run of results away from being sucked right back into the bottom few.8) No, i''m happy to gloat 9-2, 9-2, 9-2!!!!9) Bloody embarrasing, especially since some of my mates are such plastic football fans and that''s all they know about my great club, constantly getting ribbed about that even still! At least we know who owns our club and that she genuinely has a passion for us and our best interests at heart.10) Just about too young for that, but i''ve seen the videos and that was a great goal!11) I''m pretty confident actually, Liverpool away isn''t an easy game for anyone, so i won''t get carried away, although a 2-0 win would put us above you!12) Early days yet, although i do feel that Steve Morison is growing into that lone strikers role very well. Holty will have his moments for us this year though, and he''s still a top class pro to have around the club and already a club legend.13) Wes Hoolahan is easily our most gifted player, other than that, Johnson will tire anyone out he''s put up against, even Gerrard, Morison will be a handful and our patched up defence has been excellent recently, especially Russell Martin playing out of place at Centre Back.14) Pacheco had that bit of class that we needed to help us get over the line, i''d have happily seen him come here permenantly, but i wish him well. Not heard much about Ayala, but if he''s as good as his more famous namesake, i''ll be a happy man!15) seeing the video of Justin Fashanus wondergoal is always good, other than that, ryan jarvis''s moment of glory last time we played was nice to watch.16) On The Ball City, and something about ''really loving'' Grant Holt, can''t think how that goes...17) They''ve made a promising start, real contenders for getting back that 4th spot, i can''t see much more i''m afraid, although Gerrards return could prove crucial. The summer signings look good, slightly expensive, but some good investment for the future with the likes of Henderson and Coates18) Hmm, probably Carroll, just don''t let him sit near Chris Martin and get any ideas of going out for a night out...19) This may suprise a few, but i think Reina can be pretty suspect at times. He makes some daft choices. As far as we''re concerned, i''d have to say our defence doesn''t always hold up, but that would be overly critical. Maybe our strikers, we could do with someone who could be relied on to score a few more goals, like Darrent Bent, even if he did used to play for Ipswich!20) I''m expecting an open game, decided on by a couple of bits of class.21) Heart says 2-0 Norwich, head says 3-1 Liverpool

1. To start with, Norwich currently sit in 9th place in the Premier League going into this game and haven''t rolled over like many teams do when coming up to the Premiership. What have you made of your season so far?

Obviously encouraging, but at the same time, there''s a long, long way to go. I think a lot of opposing fans expected us to be whipping boys and the good start will have come as a surprise, however I think a few Norwich fans knew we had this kind of play in us.

2. You played some great football over the past couple of seasons and it looks like you''re not going to change the style of play you''ve become accustomed to under Paul Lambert in the big league. How important do you think this is for continuing your progression and success?

It''s just a case of what works for us, and its the way we''re trained to play I guess, it''s working, so if it ain''t broke don''t fix it.

3. We know a thing or two about Scottish managers and you seem to have some manager in Paul Lambert. Thinking back, what were your initial thoughts when you managed to pluck him away from Colchester United after that horrible defeat, and did you ever expect him to achieve what he has so far?

Initially, I didn''t know much of his career as a manager, and didn''t really know what to expect. I still felt confident of being promoted from League 1 as it was early days, but last season was a dream, I think anyone expecting that would have been asking too much! Lambert has been huge for us and will go down as one of our greatest managers.

4. Given that you are newly promoted to Premiership, you''ve had some great success over the past couple of seasons and with some style. What would you deem a successful season this season?

As promising as the start is, a successful season will still be 17th or higher, staying up this year is vital, with the greater aim being to become an established top flight side.

5. We''ve seen a lot of your support from Norwich travelling to your away games and you seem to really enjoy your days out. What''s it like being back in the Premiership? What does it mean to you?

We travel in numbers! It feels like we belong here. I can''t speak for everyone but I try not to think of them as "days out", we''re there for the points.

6. It''s been 6 years since you were last in the Premiership, did you expect it to take this long to return? What''s it been like for you with two relegations and double promotions within such a short space of time?

It''s never easy to bounce straight back. The Championship is a really competitive league, as we found out. The relegations hurt, but then the last two years have been a great time to be a City fan. At least there''s never a dull moment.

You''ve always got to be confident! There''s a really good vibe around the place at the moment, and if we can keep riding the wave I see no reason why we can''t remain in this league.

8. Will you miss your derby game this season, or is it great to gloat about being back in the Premiership?

A bit of both. In an ideal world I''d like to see the derby game in the Premier League, though I doubt many will agree.

9. I can''t not mention that Delia moment. What do you think of when you see it replayed on TV and talked about by other fans?

Embarrassment, "not this again", etc. Truth be told, Delia can do as she pleases, she''s bailed us out on a few occasions and she''s clearly a proper fan.

10. Onto the fixture, then. The last time Norwich beat Liverpool was at Anfield on the last game before the Kop was reconstructed. Any memories of that day? I was only a wee pecker and remember David James frustrating you.

Unfortunately, I have none.

11. To restore a little bit of Anfield faith, you haven''t beaten us since! But after your cracking display at Manchester United which was great to see, and a good win this weekend, you must fancy your chances?

I do, very much, we''ve won 3 out of 4, played some good stuff, and I think you have a game on your hands!

12. Grant Holt was brilliant last season for you but hasn''t managed to hit those heights yet this season. Is it a case of sleeping giant or is it too much for him so far?

To be honest, he''s being kept out of the side by the fantastic Steve Morison. Once he gets going I''m sure he''ll have his part to play though.

13. What players do you see as your dangermen, and similarly, what players of ours are you worried about?

Skrtel and Carragher will have their hands full with Morison and Hoolahan is the spark in the side, I''d say Anthony Pilkington though, he''s had a great season and is on fire at the moment.

14. Norwich City have quite a good record of players passing through and going onto having high profile careers and we''ve even had some pass through our ranks such as the likes of Peter Crouch and Craig Bellamy. What did you make of Dani Pacheco last season, and what hopes do you have for Daniel Ayala?

Pacheco was great, not just on the pitch but a great attitude as well. Perhaps he''s a little lightweight, but he has the potential to be a great player. It''s hard to say with Ayala, he limped off in the one game he played for us and hasn''t been seen since. I hear good things, and Lambert doesn''t often sign a dud, so I''m sure he''ll be great.

I''m only old enough to remember the two games from the last time we were in the Premier League, and we lost both, so no!

16. We''ve heard some familiar songs being sung from the Norwich crowd this season. What songs are we expecting to hear this Saturday from your travelling faithful?

On The Ball City will undoubtedly be the song of choice, it''s the oldest song in football still being sung. Other than that, the Depeche Mode song has caught on big time around here, though I''m not the greatest fan.

17. What do you make of Liverpool this season? How do you rate our recent summer signings?

Definitely an improvement on last year but not yet title challenging. A step in the right direction though. The players you''ve signed are good, no doubt, but considering how much you paid, they ought to be!

18. A pretty obligatory question but out of our current squad, barring Gerrard and Suarez, what player would you most like to see in your team?

I''ve always rated Dirk Kuyt, so I''ll say him.

We haven''t kept a clean sheet so far, so it''s definitely been in defense. We make too many silly mistakes at the back, but they''re slowly being eradicated. I also see Liverpools weak point being at the back, without meaning to offend, as I know he''s a legend around your parts, I think Carragher is going to struggle with Morison, I don''t rate him at all.

I expect plenty of chances at both ends, it certainly won''t be goalless. Hopefully it will be a good game.

We''ll snatch a late winner, 1 - 2 to City. May the best team win!

I''d love to see Charlie Adam in our team. What a player. Dirk Kuyt also impresses me. Martin Kelly young right back looks like lots of potential. Carroll a waste of money. Gerrard has had a poor couple of seasons, but has been injured. Liverpool missing something, Suarez is undoubtedly an awesome striker, but you seem to be missing a strike partner, as it would be hard for him to play up front on his own. I like Kuyt but he often plays right wing? Score prediction, 19-0 Norwich. Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Carragher O.G, Carragher O.G, Carragher O.G, Carragher O.G, Carragher O.G, Carragher O.G, Carragher O.G, Carragher O.G, Carragher O.G. [:)]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]For Gawds sake, no-one answer questions 17 to 20. The OP is obviously a lazy scout for Liverpool and wants some inside info![/quote]

Haha, I''m really not. Go check out our forums if you''re that bothered by a bit of a fun and see the feature for yourself.

Thanks Jimmy Smith, Splutcho and Barnett is King for your answers, I appreciate it. A few more would be great, thanks guys!

"Get a job in the morning, job in the mooorning, get a job etc etc

H

With a manager like Lambert, and the young, ravenous team he ha built, it was really hard to know what expectations were at the start of the season. Suffice to say, we are all well pleased with results and performances. But for a few penalty decisions and sred cards, we could have had an even better start.

We have in fact changed our style quite a bit. For example, I went to Huddersfield away in League 1 and we were expansive in our passing game and super attacking, leaving the defence prone to attacks that don''t come like they do in the PL. Old Trafford away this season, we played a super defensive system, allowing for long balls and quick breaks. We had several chances, and the containment plan almost worked. We have a great underlying passing style, but Lambert and Culverhouse use pragmatism, taking each opposition on their merits and playing accordingly. A mix of the tried and tested and sensible pragmatism. We''re progressing well.

No real expectations. Things were so bad we were reeling. I was happy about Bryan Gunn being ousted, both for Norwich and for him, but beyond that many of us knew very little about Lambert.

Staying up.

Relegations felt inevitable with the decline the club was in. It was terrible to watch the club overrun with idiots, mercenaries, incompetents and conceited gits. The change-around, with new executive leadership (new Chief exec and team - the key to our success) and management, was rapid and welcome. League 1 was great, winning games and playing well was a welcome respite. Last season was a dream. These are good times. With Norwich, the steep declines and constant let downs colour the subsequent achievements. We savour them all the more.

We will stay up.

Both. I''d like them to join us next year so we can better our goal difference.

Bah, got thick skin to this now. Everybody loves Norwich, where I live and work in London. Hugs in bars and clubs from strangers when I ever wear my Norwich hoodie. Delia has a lot to do with this. She can do whatever she wants. To 98% of us, she is a heroine.

Can''t help here. A fraction too young

No one knows what is going to happen on Sat. With Norwich, not even Norwich fans could have predicted some of the results we have pulled off. One thing for certain, we will play well and the game will be epic. That seems to be a constant in our games.

He will have some input this year. The guy''s a hero and will get/take his chance this season. In the current run though, he will be a sub to see the games home. It will take injuries or a bad run for this to change.

Hoolahan, Morison, and the wingers. Fox if his distribution is as good as it can be. Johnson will annoy the crap out of whoever he is assigned to.

Pacheco was great for us but can''t see him getting into this season''s team. Ayala, to early to say.

The Jarvis goal from last time around.

16. We''ve heard some familiar soungs being sung from the Norwich crowd this season. What songs are we expecting to hear this Saturday from your travelling faithful?

On the Ball City, EIEIEIO, Just can''t get enough (although Im not sure why we sing this, its not really our song)

Top 6 is well possible this season. You looked excellent going forward against Man U. Suarez encapsulates the best and worst of the premiership. Diving and irritating, but great with the ball at his feet. I hope your young and expensive signings come good for you - seems like a sensible policy for the future to buy the likes of Henderson etc.

Adam and Bellamy. I''d love to see him here again. I remember him scoring a lovely header against Oxford at the Manor Ground many years ago and feel in love, as it were. A swansong would be pretty glorious.

I think we could get behind your defence with surprising ease with our pace and gameplan.

Our weakness, defence. Its good, but not that good and pretty makeshift.

Rapid, competitive, goals.

We could get a point, but will probably lose by the odd goal. It''s so hard to say with the New Norwich

It''s been a very solid start to the season but I don''t think any fans will be overly surprised with this as we are fully aware of how Paul Lambert can get us to over achieve. In all our games so far this season we have competed to a very high level, even against Man U and Chelsea we were level after 65 minutes. It''s very promising and like most Norwich fans I believe we can and we will stay up.

It''s very important. Paul Lambert made sure we signed all our players early for this campaign to ensure that they can have time to fit into the group and learn each others games, and it''s started to show. A prime example is down the wings were Naughton and Bennett have gained a good partnership as well as Pilkington and Tierney. He''s actually changed our formation from last season from the diamond to a 4-5-1.

I''ll be completely honest, I didn''t want him. He hadn''t achieved anything much of note apart from getting League Two Wycombe into an FA Cup Semi Final. I never expected him to get us promoted to the Premiership in two seasons. But I put my hands up, he and his coaching staff he has brought have been revelations.

Not getting relegated. We are pretty realistic fans at Carrow Road especially with the last 7 years we have experienced so everyone would love us to stay up. 17th+

It means alot. Being back in the Premiership is what everyone wants and with our uncertain financial future, where we were close to administration when we were in League One, it has helped us reduce our debt. It''s gone down from £24 million to £16 million in a few years and this is without the Premiership money, where they are forcasting it will go down again to £10 million and potentially a ground expansion to 35,000 which is desperately needed as we have consistently sold out for the last 7 years.

It''s been a real rollercoaster. We have suffered real bad times and more recently good times. I thought it wouldn''t take too long for us to get back up but the board made very bad decisions appointing Roeder and Grant.

Very confident. Anything is possible with Lambert and the board we have now.

Well after our 4-1 and 5-1 wins over them and now being back in the Premiership whilst they are facing financial trouble and they can''t fill half there ground, Ipswich haven''t had much to laugh about over the past few years! It would be good to have derby games back in the Premiership again but they can stay down there for a few seasons yet whilst we become a stable Premiership club, if there is ever such a thing!

We get it alot. Not as much recently but we are used to it. It is really cringey but then again what other club has the genuine passion that she has shown. For a woman who isn''t worth alot (in business terms) to pump £13 million over the last 15 years you cannot slate the woman. She''s always at the games.

I can''t really answer this question as I was too young when this happened! I''m 21.

We are cautious about our chances but we really think we can do this. It is widely documented that our team has run the most yards in the Premiership this season which is a fantastic fact and I think this will help us get a foothold in the game, as well as us playing 5 in midfield. We will surprise you.

I don''t think it''s too much for him, he just doesn''t fit into our new system. We need someone with more pace up front and Morison gives us that as well as Holts intensity and aerial ability. Holt didn''t get too much chance to impress before he got dropped.

I think we have quite a few, but I''ll go with Wes Hoolahan for this game. He''s recently been appointed our captain and he is just amazing. He plays just behind the striker and has a free role. What is so good about him is that he works so hard. He''s like an Irish Park Ji-Sung, but better. If he was playing for one of the top 4, everyone would rave about him.

I''d also say another danger man even though he does play in defence it''s Marc Tierney. He is our left back and he has everything you would want in a left back. Good defensively and attacking with a high work rate. He''s the front runner for our Player of the Season award and he''s brilliant. Everyone is touting him to be understudy for Ashley Cole in a few years, if the Irish don''t get their hands on him first.

Ah Dani boy. I loved the guy. It''s rare for a loan player to give so much passion for the cause in such a short space of time. He fitted in straight away which contributed to us thrashing Scunthorpe 6-0 last season. I wish we can get him back, he is gifted.

I''m looking forward to see Ayala. He got injured within 15 minutes in his first game in the Carling Cup so we haven''t really seen him but from what Derby and Hull fans have said he should be a good signing.

I remember Baros scoring a screamer against us in 2004. We have only played you twice in nearly 20 years so I don''t have any other memories unfortunately!

On The Ball City, which is the oldest footballing song in the world which is still being used. Apart from that "Oh When The Saints", "Y''Army", "Paul Lamberts Green Army" and various others.

You''ve done some great business and it''s pretty envious watching on. Adam and Downing are good quality signings. Enrique and Coates are bargains as well.

Suarez, oh wait. Haha. I''d probably say Reina who is one of the best goalkeepers in the World.

This is a very hard one actually. It''s not a player but we do need to be more clincal as demonstrated at Chelsea and Man U. We also don''t keep clean sheets but we were very unlucky Saturday as we couldn''t do much about their goal. That was their only real chance, too.

A very quick game against to similarly tactical sides. I know you guys like to press the opposition like we do. It won''t be boring, anyway. Expect both sides to score.

I don''t particularly like predicting the scores as I always jinx them in the past. I shall be wearing my lucky Norwich boxers though and we have won every match I have worn with them on so be afraid, Liverpool!

1. In every season so far we''ve taken a few games to hit upon a first team and or shape that will really carry us forward. 2 years ago in League 1 Wes Hoolahan was on the subs bench, then Lambert brought him on for the last half an hour against Leyton Orient with the score at 0-0, stuck him behind the front 2 in a diamond formation, and we won 4-0. Defining moment! Last season we kept the diamond, but it took a while to pick the starting team after we lost our first match at home. This time a fairly lacklustre performance against WBA saw us change the formation and bring in the current 4-2-3-1 that we''re implementing, and it''s served us well so far. The Premier League will of course be a far bigger test and I imagine we''ll have to chop and change a few more times yet. But I do hope that we can continue to compete well and be hard to beat, standing us a decent chance of keeping ourselves above the relegation zone.2. Lambert has really strengthened the squad cleverly over the summer, the fact that we''re missing 3 centre backs through injury but can still afford to drop Ritchie de Laet to the bench speaks volumes of our improving depth. Lambert tries to base the team around 2 key players in midfield, it seems to me - David Fox and Wes Hoolahan. And the thing about these players is they can pass and create chances. But he''s always been keen to have a lot of physical strength in the team as well, so I think we have a good balance, and this is hugely important.3. I had mixed thoughts. His record was ok, but not spectacular (as is often the case with a new young manager), but he did have a few good little records, like discovering Wes Hoolahan and Robert Snodgrass (now at Leeds) from Ireland. At least he was a manager which made an improvement on our previous man in charge. I was keen to support him as I always am, and I honestly have to say I did not expect to get promoted out of League 1 that season (nevermind again to the Premiership the following season).4. We''ve got to see survival as a successful season, but that doesn''t stop us from looking to have a REALLY successful season if possible. We did last year! But I don''t think anyone would turn down 17th on goal difference.5. We have a decent fan base, and have travelled in numbers away to Stockport and Man Utd alike in the last couple seasons. I always enjoy away games more because the atmosphere created in the away end is usually better than at Carrow Road. Not because it''s a day out, but because people have travelled a long way (our distances to travel away are one of the highest in the league) to support their team and give it their all.6. There wasn''t a great feeling around the club when we got relegated, but we should have done better in the first season down with the players we had (the likes of Dean Ashton). But we knew it was a tough league and I didn''t expect to bounce back up. A couple seasons ago we didn''t know when we would next be up here.7. I''m very hopeful. I think we''ve done a good start, but it doesn''t look like we''ve played out of our skin - it looks like we''ve set a standard we should be able to continue to play at.8. I''m happy to know that the last time we played them we beat them 5-1 at their place.9. I like Delia, although I do wish she hadn''t done that! She''s supported us well. I just wish MotD wouldn''t insist on showing a clip of her every match!10. Too young11. I''m confident we''ll play a good game. Could still lose with that though, as we did at Old Trafford. I''d take a point!12. He''s always grown into his season has Grant Holt. I''m sure he''ll score some crucial goals this season! Baring an injury to Steve Morison though, he won''t start at Anfield13. Most of our opportunities will probably come through Wes Hoolahan, so he''s got to be the man to watch. However as pointed out, we also have wide men these days so Pilkington''s on great form, and Bennett can also pose a threat (although up against Enrique that will be tough). I''m worried about Suarez really tormenting our back line, and Adam or Gerrard putting some great through balls in.14. Pacheco was really well liked, even by those who didn''t want to sign him permanently. Whether he''ll be a really good player or not remains to be seen, but he will be remembered fondly here. He''s coming back to visit and watch a game over Christmas (he tweeted) so still has a good relationship with the club. And he scored against Ipswich! Ayala, no one really knows about, he''s injured. Did well in the Championship last season by the sounds of it.15. Not of the 3-0 no show at Anfield last time! As for the game at Carrow Road, it''s amazing to think we were trying to compete in the Premier league with that team (I''ve just looked at the squad). I seem to remember it being a generally poor game, but our young 18 year old striker Ryan Jarvis - now plying his trade at Walsall - scored a peach of a goal.16. On the Ball City, and all the usual.17. I think Liverpool are a stronger side than last year, although I do think they have paid over the odds for Henderson and Carroll, and could have used the money to be even stronger. I don''t get the impression that Liverpool this season are going to put on many really poor performances, or get turned over much when they shouldn''t, like last year.18. Probably a good defender like Skrtal. Or perhaps Carroll - I know I said he cost too much but I think he could still lead the line very well for us! He''d have to wait for Morison to play poorly first though.19. I think our weakness is defence, but we''ve shored up fairly well with the newer formation which offers more protection. That doesn''t the fact that last year our defence was our weak point, and this year it''s even more makeshift with a full back at centre back currently! I think the weakness of most opposition Norwich will face will be in whether they underestimate us or not. That''s certainly happened before, and we love it!20. Like the others, I think most games Norwich play in are going to have chances. We''ll create, but you will certainly have the chance to do so. Liverpool will have the lions share of possession, but we will create chances on the break and have our spells.21. 1-1 (my hopeful score)

Loving it.  Last time we were in the PL, we hadn''t won a game by this point in the season.  This time we have already won 3.

I think you will find that we are constantly changing - sometimes larger changes, from diamond to 2 wingers, sometimes smaller more tactical, 2 centre midfielders dropping back a bit in front of the back 4, with more focus on the counter attack.

I think if anyone told you that they expected him to achieve back to back promotions, they are lying.

17th or above

I think the fact that whether we are in the PL or League 1, you struggle to find an empty seat in the Norwich area of the ground (home & away) says it all about how much football means to people from Norfolk.

So I think it''s the place we should be.

When we went down, I initially thought we would be up sooner, but the longer you are down, the longer you expect to stay there.

The best thing that happened was relegation to League 1, we were just sitting mid table in the Championship, expecting things to improve, but they never did.  Relegation forced the required changes. 

Very

No I will not miss them, despite how entertaining the games were last season (4-1 & 5-1)

At least we have an owner who cares about the club - could you see Gillette or Hicks caring? 

Not only have we got a few wins (3 in the last 4), we are playing well and making the chances, so I don''t think you can write off Norwich, but I have to say it is not a game we expect to get anything from so a point or three would be a bonus.

I don''t think it''s too much for him, he is just being kept out by an in form Morrison.

I think our key at the weekend will be balls in from the wings - Bennett & Pilkington.

If he starts the player to watch out for would be Gerrard, even when he''s not at full fitness he is a danger.

Pacheco is a skillful player who I think should have been given more of an opportunity at LFC.  As for Ayala, due to injury it is difficult to say.

Only seeing a scouser live up to the stereotype, when we last played at Norwich.  Walking out the ground a guy in a shell suit was being put in the back of a police van!!!

Definitely "On the ball city", maybe one or two relating to shooting burglars

There have been one or two unexpected results (Stoke/Tottenham) which may come back to haunt you, unless you make up for it on the home fixtures.

The summer signings are probably better value than your winter ones!

Actually I would like Carroll, if he behaves himself.  Strangely enough, in 2008 we made a £1m bid, but that was rejected and we wouldn''t match the Toon''s £2.5m valuation.  Still don''t understand how he goes from £2.5m to £35m in 2 years.

No clean sheets and 5 penalties are all you need to know - our back line has not yet settled, partly due to injury.  I think the Norwich wingers are going to be a handfull for the Liverpool defence (just ask Man U)

Faced paced and open, don''t be surprised if there is 4 or more goals, just don''t know who will score them though.

Heart says 2-2

Head says 3-1

1. Think we are exceeding all expectations but we are where we deserve to be.

2. I would say we play winning football rather than great football. Of course they are one and the same when it''s your club.

3. I thought he would be better than our last two scottish managers.

4. Finishing above Liverpool[;)]

5. It means finding more money for tickets. It''s never cheap to travel anywhere from Norwich so the day can easily cost £100+.

6. Expectation is the curse of football. Try and enjoy each season on it''s merits.

8. We KNOW they''re watching[;)]

9. Strange question as that Delia moment was against Citeh. However most fans love her again now so it doesn''t bother them. It never did bother me.

10. I remember Culverhouse, Bowen, Woodthorpe, Polston, Prior and Ullathorne frustrating Liverpool.

11. Of course we''ll win! Don''t doubt it for a second[Y]

12. He''ll come off the bench and show you himself!

13. Our team will give you no time to settle and feed off your mistakes. I expect us to be in front early and hanging on at the end. The only danger I can see is if your ''keeper plays a blinder.

14. Only saw Ayala in the game he got injured against MKDons so would rather reserve judgement. Pacheco was a real star while he was here.

15. Not too many good memories. Obviously the goals from Fash and Gossy. First time I went to Anfield it was drab 0-0 until Cormack got your winner in 90th minute. That was a tedious affair as were many others in the 70''s and 80''s.

16. Sign on, sign on, with pen in your hand.....

17. Haven''t seen any of your games.

18. Bellamy

19. We don''t have any don''t know about you.

20. Norwich in front early but maybe hanging on at the end.  Nowich have scored 80% of our goals in the first hour while Liverpool have scored half theirs in the last half hour.

Now mattie8 I''ve got a question for you. Was the goal against Sunderland the first scored by a beach ball in a Liverpool game since Jan Molby?

Only answering one question, sorry

15) I am amazed that no-one else has mentioned this fixture, apologies for bringing it up[;)].  Saturday 17 December 1988 at Anfield Liverpool 0 - 1 Norwich !!! For those who know their footballing history it was THAT season!  The tightest ever finish to a season, with the two teams (Arsenal and Liverpool) vying for the title meeting on the final day and in the last minute of that game Michael Thomas scored the second goal that Arsenal needed to win the title with the game finishing at Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal. It was truely unbelievable and had it been written in a hollywood script people would have said it was far fetched in the extreme.

I don''t remember much from the game, it was over 20 years ago and I was quite young at the time.  However, it sticks out for me because after winning this game, I really did think we were going to win the league!

I listened to the game on the radio with my dad and I remember my dad going nuts, screaming for the ref to blow the final whistle.  I can''t remember how much injury time was played but it was a heck of a lot and a lot more than expected and unless my mind is playing tricks with me I am sure the commentators were also at a loss as to where all of this injury time had come from.  I do remember my dad saying that Liverpool, especially at home, always got a lot more injury time than should have been played if they were losing or drawing "the ref would just play until they scored", like Man U now/in recent times.

Can anyone else remember this game, did you go even?  Who was the Norwich scorer?

1. Bolton game onwards we have been excellent. We played fairly well before that but looked a little naive and I felt that the poor decisions we got from the officials in those early games covered up some larger issues. We might have got some more points in those games if decisions had gone our way but I''m not convinced we would have won three of the last four playing the same way. Overall I am delighted and am pleased that the players have adapted so quickly to the Premier League and Lambert has been tactically astute enough to change a previously sucessful system.

2. I think we''ve changes slightly in that we are not quite so deliberate with the ball. We can mix things up a bit now and play long or short as there is more pace in the side. We''ll never become a Stoke but we are adaptable.

3. I was pleased that we had brought in a manager who had done his coaching abroad and who might have a few different ideas. I didn''t think we would achieve back to back promotions but looking back our progress seems perfectly logical. Paul Lambert is a very special manager.

4. I hate this idea that 17th is ''an achievement'' and I doubt you''ll hear Lambert talking like that around the players. I''d like to see us finish mid-table at worst.

5. We''re back where we belong. Given the right manager, players and board we are a club which can really go places.

6. We probably needed it to get rid of the deadwood. Sometimes you need a set of circumstances to come together to create the right situation for success. If we had carried on surviving in the lower reaches of The Championship for another year I''m not convinced we would have been where we are now.

7. Depends what our aims are. We''ll stay up comfortably

8. I''m probably in the minority but I honestly couldn''t give a toss about Ipswich. As long as Norwich are doing well I''m happy.

9. It''s not her finest moment but I don''t have a massive problem with it. Some City fans seem think it is a huge embarassment and get quite aggressive when it is brought up but at least she cares. I''d rather have her than the Glazers or Hicks/Gillett.

10. I was still playing on a Saturday back then so I don''t have much of a memory of the game. But I can recall the goal and know that plenty of Liverpool fans know the name of Jeremy Goss.

11. We''ll give you a game as Paul Lambert will never send out a team to park the bus. I think we can get a result. Especially with Lucas suspended and Suarez maybe taken out of the firing line?

12. Again I may be in the minority here but I think it may be a step to far for Holty. Our three wins have come without him and the selection of Morison allows us to play both our wingers and Wes Hoolahan. Top bloke and magnificent for us over the past two years but maybe not quite good enough for the Premier League. Hopefully he will still get a couple more important goals before the end of the season though.

13. Depends on how you define ''dangermen''. Most of our goalscoring threat seems to come from midfield at the moment but they would not be able to provide that threat were it not for the work of Morision or the passing and awareness of David Fox. And that''s before you even consider the best left back in the Premier League in Marc Tierney or Franz Martin. We don''t really have a ''dangerman'' but we do have a ''dangerteam''.

As for you I rather like Suarez. I know he''s a little bit annoying (and if the Evra allegations are proved I will withdraw my appreciation) but he is fascinating to watch. He should be a wrestling heel. Maybe fighting in a mask? I''d put him in a tag team with Ballotelli [:D]

14. Pacheco was decent without ever being amazing. But the thing that elevated him above some of the loanees we have put up with in the past is that he genuinely seemed to enjoy his time here. Lambert doesn''t bring in players who can''t be arsed. I''ve not seen enough of Ayala to comment.

15. A 2-1 win at Carrow Road in 1987 (?) when Trevor Putney and Kevin Drinkell scored for us. Ruel Fox scored a beauty past Bruce Grobbelaar in a 1-0 win later when Lee Power made his debut (I think). Hysen getting sent off for hauling down Flecky. I was at Anfield a couple of years later (sat very high up in one of the home stands) when Jan Molby scored a ridiculous goal from the touchline and Darren Beckford scored a rare goal for us. We used to give you and United a game on a pretty regular basis.

16. I don''t go that often but the songs don''t seem very original. OTBC is part of our heritage but the rest are pretty generic. ''I Just Can''t Get Enough'' is horrible.

17. I think you have signed a couple of decent players in Luis Enrique and Downing. Not sure about Henderson or Carroll. You''ll be fighting it out for fourth place with Spurs, Arsenal and Norwich.

18. I''d take Bellamy back. Or Dirk Kuyt.

19. I said we didn''t have any ''dangermen'' and I don''t believe we have a ''weak link''. We win and lose as a team. Carragher might be yours but he will be stronger than any defender Morison has faced so far. If Gerrard is forced deeper with Lucas being out then that weakens your team also.

20. We''ll come and have a go and if two or three of you lads are a bit too relaxed about playing a newly promoted side at home then we''ll turn you over. If you''re switched on from the start then we might let you off with a draw. It certainly won''t be dull.

21. Liverpool 1 Norwich 2

Good luck for the rest of the season.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Only answering one question, sorry

15) I am amazed that no-one else has mentioned this fixture, apologies for bringing it up[;)].  Saturday 17 December 1988 at Anfield Liverpool 0 - 1 Norwich !!! For those who know their footballing history it was THAT season!  The tightest ever finish to a season, with the two teams (Arsenal and Liverpool) vying for the title meeting on the final day and in the last minute of that game Michael Thomas scored the second goal that Arsenal needed to win the title with the game finishing at Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal. It was truely unbelievable and had it been written in a hollywood script people would have said it was far fetched in the extreme.

I don''t remember much from the game, it was over 20 years ago and I was quite young at the time.  However, it sticks out for me because after winning this game, I really did think we were going to win the league!

I listened to the game on the radio with my dad and I remember my dad going nuts, screaming for the ref to blow the final whistle.  I can''t remember how much injury time was played but it was a heck of a lot and a lot more than expected and unless my mind is playing tricks with me I am sure the commentators were also at a loss as to where all of this injury time had come from.  I do remember my dad saying that Liverpool, especially at home, always got a lot more injury time than should have been played if they were losing or drawing "the ref would just play until they scored", like Man U now/in recent times.

Can anyone else remember this game, did you go even?  Who was the Norwich scorer?

[/quote]

Some games stick in the mind. My first -and so far only - trip to Anfield. I was sitting in the middle of quite a few home fans, and we really didn''t touch the ball for 20 minutes or so. Then we put together this neat triangular passing movement down the left-hand side. And this Liverpool fan cried out, in a mixture of annoyance and concern: "Oh, for heaven''s sake, don''t let them start playing football!"

I think it was "for heaven''s sake". A phrase like that, anyway.

And later the goal. Straight out of the Wimbledon playbook. A massive Gunn kick down field. Ronnie Whelan helpfully doing a Lothar Matthaeus and heading it across goal to Andy Townsend. And that was that.

Yes. Here''s one for the history buffs.

Beating you 2-1 at Carrow Road in the old 2nd Division in 1960-61. Bert Slater, Jimmy Melia and , of course, the great Roger Hunt spring to mind.

We both just missed promotion that year with you finishing 3rd and Norwich 4th as I recall.

Can''t recollect who scored the goals though.

It was a very exciting win for us having just been promoted from a long sojourn in the third tier and you being a just relegated, established old first division side.

Of course you got back up quickly the following season - but it took us another 11 years!

Saturday could go any way, but I''m keeping my fingers crossed. Grant Holt to come on late and snatch the winner for us? Why not......[:D]

OTBC

Wow! Thank you all so much for your replies. I''m now going to do the write up and it''ll be on our forums within the next couple of hours if anyone wants to see it.

I''m loving the predictions you guys have for the game. I don''t think Carra will score more than 2 own goals, mind!

Are you watching Lawrenson are you watching Lawrenson LOL

A bit late for your forum but you asked about our win at Anfield on the last day of the terraced Kop. Unfortunately I didn''t make the game but I remember being impressed at seeing all the celebs being wheeled out pre-match when I watched the highlights on MOTD. I expect your friends along the M62 are a bit green that nothing similar was done when the terracing on the Stretford End disappeared.( lol ). I believe that the most noise during the match was the sound of drills, hammers and chisels as fans cheerfully hacked pieces off the Kop for souvenirs. Perhaps the funniest thing reported was when we scored and " You''re supposed to let us win " rang round the ground.Two memorable games I did see were in the1970''s. One was at Anfield in ''75 when we came away 3-1 winners and the other was at Carrow Road a couple of years later when Liverpool were all over us - 19 corners to our 1 - but we still somehow came out 2-1 winners. If ever the wrong team won that was it. I still remember Jimmy Case hammering the ball into the stands at the end in pure frustration.Nothing can compare to the '' Fashanu '' 1980 match though which again I sadly missed. If ever there was a classic......

[quote user="Jarrold_stand_blockN"]I don''t know about anybody else but I am delighted to have tickets for this game.It''s the only away game that I wanted to attend this year [:D]

[/quote]Out of interest, why mate?Curious as it''s not the cheapest, best view, or closest. Having said that, the stadium is pretty nice (big) and Lpool have some quality players!

Once again, thanks for all your responses. I''ve put it up now:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=282041.msg9371999#msg9371999

Enjoy and good luck for the season.

Although too late for the forum, the 1994 fixture:10.I was about 14 and went up on the club coaches. We were dropped off the other side of Stanley Park to Anfield and still remember walking through the park with numerous ''jumpers for goal post'' games going on. Entering the ground a steward said he''d give us £2 grand if we outsung the kop (which we seemed to do for 10 minutes after Gossy''s goal).However, the main memory was the first view of the kop on entering the stand. A sea of flags, banners and scarves. It was the mirror image of the old archive clips we see from the glorious past. I can still remember the Liverpool legends lap before the game, so many great names all warmly welcomed even from the away end.I can remember Gossy''s goal and ending up crushed between a steward and the barrier at the front!This was probably the only time that I wouldn''t have minded seeing Liverpool score as the kop was such an amazing site. Many times there were surges just caused by someone losing their footing. What it would have looked like had Liverpool scored I can only image.However, winning made me proud to be a Norwich fan and I still fondly talk about being there on that day as I feel priveliged to have been there that day.This Saturday will be the first time I have been back since that day, so as I have a 100% record at Anfield I am quietly confident!!!

Was reading Redandwhitekop, and this gem made me laugh:

Kavah, Oct 16th

Quote from: TH on October 16, 2011, 03:06:53 AM

7:0 I reckon.

kenny beat them 6-0 in the 79 but the only goal you can find on youtube is Justin Fashanau''s - that''s a good strike like

let''s twat these tractor driving, cross eyed, greasy haired bastards

I think he has mistaken us for Ipswich Town.

1. I''m delighted with the season so far, Lambert''s policy of buying young hungry players is the right one, and I''m incredibly proud of our club, what we are achieving and the fact that we do not compromise our footballing style no matter who we play. We are overachieving, nobody expected us to be where we are, but we''re there on merit and we seem to be getting better every week!

2. All too often promoted clubs come up and stick 10 men behind the ball every time they play anyone who might finish above 17th. I love the fact we play attacking football and ultimately I think Lambert''s genius will be borne out, keep playing the way we are and we will stay up.

3. I was initially disappointed when we appointed Lambert. I thought we needed a track record manager to come in to progress but the bloke is a miracle worker. You can''t argue with what he has achieved and I can honestly see him managing a team to the Champions League one day, quite probably Dortmund. It is also important not to forget the rest of the team though, Gary Karsa and Ian Culverhouse are just as integral to the Lambert method, they come as a team and they share the glory of our achievements of the last couple of years.

4. Staying up. Anything else is a massive bonus.

5.It''s everything to us, we belong in the Premier League and by god we''ve had some trials and tribulations on the way but we deserve to be where we are, and credit runs from Lambert and the coaching staff, to the players, all the way to the board, particularly David Mcnally who is CEO and turning us into a sustainable football club.

6.Honestly I thought it would take us even longer to get back to the Prem, especially after the relegation. When Lambert and McNally came in, they had a long term plan to get us back to the Premier league, I think it was a 7 year plan but I could be wrong, I thought it was optimistic though at the time. Supporting Norwich has been a real rollercoaster for the last few years but an absolute joy.

7. I think we''ll stay up. We''re good enough and Lambert''s tactics will see us through.

8. I personally will miss it. Gloating about being in the Prem is all well and good, but gloating about 4-1 win at home, and 5-1 away (our two biggest ever vs Ipswich) was far more fun!

9. It bores me senseless. I wish the media would stop with all their lazy journalism crap and give us the credit we deserve but all they can do is make cooking analogies about Delia or rant on about that moment vs Man City. I think it''s pretty pathetic.

10. Nope, far too young for that unfortunately! I have seen and enjoyed Gossy''s goal on youtube though (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r99uJAjeU2g)

11. I fancy we could nick it, but I expect to get beat, I hope we could get a draw, and a win would be dreamland (especially as a good mate of mine is a Liverpool "fan" - he''s never been to a game tho, obviously!!).

12. I hate to say it but I think Holty is out of his depth at Prem level.

13. I think Morison will give your defence a torrid time, just like he did United''s. Pilkington seems to be on form at the moment so I think he has as good a chance as anyone of scoring for us.

14. I liked Pacheco but don''t think he can do it in the Prem. Ayala has barely played for us so jury''s out, but he is young and has potential to be a good buy.

15. Honestly, no not really. Ryan Jarvis'' goal was about the highlight as I was only 7 when we beat you at Anfield!

16. I''d expect at least one chorus of "we shoot burglars" but I think it''s a bit of an easy target!

17. Liverpool look OK this year, but won''t be anywhere near challenging for a title. The transfer policy is hilarious - basically pay at least 3 or 4 times the true value of every signing. I think Carroll was by far the worst signing in Liverpool''s history, I doubt he will ever come good, I just don''t think he has anything about him and he is a Joey Bartonesque moron too.

18. Honestly, I don''t think you have any really special players aside from Suarez. Gerrard is over the hill in my estimation. Charlie Adam would probably fit best into our side at the moment, Reina too but that''s a bit obvious. I think it would be that though, a case of who fits into our style of play, not who would we build a team around and therein lies Liverpool''s problem.

19. I think we will struggle with Suarez''s pace. That is the main danger for me, I think we are competitive across the board but Suarez has that little bit of magic and is the only signing you''ve made under Dalglish where I believe you have got value for money. Your weak link is, and has been for a few years Carragher. He''s just not very good, he may be an institution for you, like Giggs/Scholes at Utd but I don''t think he is up to the task and I think Morison will run him ragged. I can see him giving a pen away too, which would be justice for his blatant handball we didnt get given last time we were in the Prem.

20. a tight game, I think it''ll be a draw or a one goal victory, can''t see either team on the receiving end of a spanking.

21. 2-2, but I would hope we can sneak another and win it 3-2.

Each of our players is a dangerman becz we score from every position. I don''t thinkLiverpool will be able to handle that because you won''t know where the goals will come from. We''ll beat one of the big 4 this season at least once because we play every game to win. If I was a Liverpool supporter I would be very nervous about this fixture.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]1. To start with, Norwich currently sit in 9th place in the Premier League going into this game and haven''t rolled over like many teams do when coming up to the Premiership. What have you made of your season so far?

It''s been a very solid start to the season but I don''t think any fans will be overly surprised with this as we are fully aware of how Paul Lambert can get us to over achieve. In all our games so far this season we have competed to a very high level, even against Man U and Chelsea we were level after 65 minutes. It''s very promising and like most Norwich fans I believe we can and we will stay up.

It''s very important. Paul Lambert made sure we signed all our players early for this campaign to ensure that they can have time to fit into the group and learn each others games, and it''s started to show. A prime example is down the wings were Naughton and Bennett have gained a good partnership as well as Pilkington and Tierney. He''s actually changed our formation from last season from the diamond to a 4-5-1.

I''ll be completely honest, I didn''t want him. He hadn''t achieved anything much of note apart from getting League Two Wycombe into an FA Cup Semi Final. I never expected him to get us promoted to the Premiership in two seasons. But I put my hands up, he and his coaching staff he has brought have been revelations.

Not getting relegated. We are pretty realistic fans at Carrow Road especially with the last 7 years we have experienced so everyone would love us to stay up. 17th+

It means alot. Being back in the Premiership is what everyone wants and with our uncertain financial future, where we were close to administration when we were in League One, it has helped us reduce our debt. It''s gone down from £24 million to £16 million in a few years and this is without the Premiership money, where they are forcasting it will go down again to £10 million and potentially a ground expansion to 35,000 which is desperately needed as we have consistently sold out for the last 7 years.

It''s been a real rollercoaster. We have suffered real bad times and more recently good times. I thought it wouldn''t take too long for us to get back up but the board made very bad decisions appointing Roeder and Grant.

Very confident. Anything is possible with Lambert and the board we have now.

Well after our 4-1 and 5-1 wins over them and now being back in the Premiership whilst they are facing financial trouble and they can''t fill half there ground, Ipswich haven''t had much to laugh about over the past few years! It would be good to have derby games back in the Premiership again but they can stay down there for a few seasons yet whilst we become a stable Premiership club, if there is ever such a thing!

We get it alot. Not as much recently but we are used to it. It is really cringey but then again what other club has the genuine passion that she has shown. For a woman who isn''t worth alot (in business terms) to pump £13 million over the last 15 years you cannot slate the woman. She''s always at the games.

I can''t really answer this question as I was too young when this happened! I''m 21.

We are cautious about our chances but we really think we can do this. It is widely documented that our team has run the most yards in the Premiership this season which is a fantastic fact and I think this will help us get a foothold in the game, as well as us playing 5 in midfield. We will surprise you.

I don''t think it''s too much for him, he just doesn''t fit into our new system. We need someone with more pace up front and Morison gives us that as well as Holts intensity and aerial ability. Holt didn''t get too much chance to impress before he got dropped.

I think we have quite a few, but I''ll go with Wes Hoolahan for this game. He''s recently been appointed our captain and he is just amazing. He plays just behind the striker and has a free role. What is so good about him is that he works so hard. He''s like an Irish Park Ji-Sung, but better. If he was playing for one of the top 4, everyone would rave about him.

I''d also say another danger man even though he does play in defence it''s Marc Tierney. He is our left back and he has everything you would want in a left back. Good defensively and attacking with a high work rate. He''s the front runner for our Player of the Season award and he''s brilliant. Everyone is touting him to be understudy for Ashley Cole in a few years, if the Irish don''t get their hands on him first.

Ah Dani boy. I loved the guy. It''s rare for a loan player to give so much passion for the cause in such a short space of time. He fitted in straight away which contributed to us thrashing Scunthorpe 6-0 last season. I wish we can get him back, he is gifted.

I''m looking forward to see Ayala. He got injured within 15 minutes in his first game in the Carling Cup so we haven''t really seen him but from what Derby and Hull fans have said he should be a good signing.

I remember Baros scoring a screamer against us in 2004. We have only played you twice in nearly 20 years so I don''t have any other memories unfortunately!

On The Ball City, which is the oldest footballing song in the world which is still being used. Apart from that "Oh When The Saints", "Y''Army", "Paul Lamberts Green Army" and various others.

You''ve done some great business and it''s pretty envious watching on. Adam and Downing are good quality signings. Enrique and Coates are bargains as well.

Suarez, oh wait. Haha. I''d probably say Reina who is one of the best goalkeepers in the World.

This is a very hard one actually. It''s not a player but we do need to be more clincal as demonstrated at Chelsea and Man U. We also don''t keep clean sheets but we were very unlucky Saturday as we couldn''t do much about their goal. That was their only real chance, too.

A very quick game against to similarly tactical sides. I know you guys like to press the opposition like we do. It won''t be boring, anyway. Expect both sides to score.

I don''t particularly like predicting the scores as I always jinx them in the past. I shall be wearing my lucky Norwich boxers though and we have won every match I have worn with them on so be afraid, Liverpool![/quote]

MANY A GOOD READ ON THIS THREAD. I FIND IT UNSUPRISING HOW MANY CANARIES FANS ARE LORDING MARC TIERNEY. THERE''S RUMOURS DOING THE ROUNDS UP HERE THAT PULIS IS WATCHING WITH KEEN INTEREST AND THAT WEST BROM ARE ALSO KEEN ON MARC, NOT TO MENTION FOX. I THINK IT''S TESTIMENT TO PAUL LAMBERT THAT PLAYERS SIGNED FOR TEVEZ''S WEEKLY WAGE ARE PERFORMING TO SUCH A HIGH STANDARD AND ARE MAKING THEIR MARK...

I''VE GOT A SNEEKY FEELING NORWICH WILL GET SOMETHING FROM SATURDAYS GAME

1. Far better than I would''ve even dreamt of! Dominated all our home games and would have beat WBA and Stoke if it werent for poor refereeing decisions, and poor decision making in the final third of the pitch and poor finishing. Very unlucky at Man Ure (hit the post and had shots go just wide and blocked on the line etc) and took Chelsea to the wire, where they only beat us after we had our keeper sent off and had to replace him with somebody who had ever made 8 appearences before that, with 11 mins of injury time! Beware Liverpool ;)

2.  Very, the players who have been here for the past 2 years know what they have to do in games, and the new guys have been picked so they can fit into the system without having to change it too much. We can change our game when we need to, but our tactics and the way we play arent letting us down so far...

3. Surprised, and slightly worried. Dave Mcnally (our Chief Exec) sacked Gunn saying he had the perfect replacement in mind. I thought it''d be a biggish (as big as we could get in League 1) name, but it wasn''t a big name (in management terms). He had a top playing career winning the Champions League and domestic honours in Scotland and Germany, but as a boss had been at Livingstone, Wycombe and Colchester. He thrashed us when at Col U, but 1 result doesn''t make a good manager. BUT, what a story it has been, and what a manager he has been! One of the best weve ever had, and we are in the Prem 3/4 years earlier than I imagined, LAMBERT IS GOD!!! (so is Dave Mcnally for spotting him)

4. Survival, 17th please! any higher is a massive bonus

5. The best feeling. We have been getting 25000 in League 1 and Championship, so to be in the top flight is huge, and where the fans deserve to be

6. Crazy! I thought we''d be back after 2/3 years, but to go down to League 1 after 4/5 years was not good at all. To be back in the PL is the best feeling possible.

7. Very, we are playing top class football against the top teams, and have 3 wins from our last 4 games, 17th is our aim, and I feel we will finish 17th-14th

8. NO!! We beat them 4-1 at home and 5-1 away last year, so what a way to leave them! 9-2 9-2 9-2. He scored 3 goals against the sc*m, Grant Holt, Grant Holt, He scored 3 goals against the sc*m, Grant Holt, Grant Holt, He scored 3 goals against the sc*m, and Wesley scored the other one, Super Grant Holt, Norwich''s number 9. La la la la la la la la Grant Holt, Grant Holt...  ;)

9. Come on, Let''s be ''avin'' ya come on, lets be avin ya, come on lets be avin ya, come on!!

10. Wasn''t born, but seen tapes and heard things about that day

11. Liverpool are another world class side, but if we play how we did at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and vs Swansea on Saturday, we could shock a few people.

12. He is a true legend at NCFC, and has played well when he has been on this year, but Morrisson is playing well on his own up top, but Holt will be back scoring soon, Maybe off ther bench at Anfield!

13. Ours- all of them as they are still a fairly unknown quantity to you, but Naughton, Johnson, Hoolahan, Fox, Morisson, Pilkington and Bennett all have the quality to worry anybody. For you- Suarez, Gerrard, and Reina is a quality Keeper

14. Pacheco was pretty good, showing a lot of potential, shame we couldnt get him back. Ayala has been injured most of his time here, but he was awful vs MK Dons, he has to improve from that!!!

15. No, Carragher the cheating *

16.  On the ball City, songs about Lambert and the players...

17. Adam''s a very good signing, top 4/5 for you

18. Bellamy, back home!

19. Ours- our finishing can be pretty woeful, yours- your players minds will underestimate us

20.  Open, both teams attacking, high scoring

21. 3-2 to Liverpool unfortunately