Sign in to follow this  
L4cole

I have just been told Dave Whelan has just...

Landed at the ski club in Norwich and been rushed off to Carrow Road.... No lie!!!I was hoping someone on here might have heard this or know what it''s about. I would assume an emergency loan!

He landed at the ski club and had a meeting 30mins later. I hear that nothing was pre arranged and the only got informed about the landing moments before!

We have a goalkeeper and Remi Matthews can be on the bench if needs be, Ruddy is suspended for one game (and not injured) so can''t see this being to do with a loan.

It this is true and he is in the Norwich area, he''s most likely just meeting his good friends Delia and MWJ for lunch.  There would certainly be no need for someone like Dave Whelan to be at Carrow Road for a loan transfer, can you imagine David McNally flying up to Scunny to talk over the loan deal of Oli Johnson?  No!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]It this is true and he is in the Norwich area, he''s most likely just meeting his good friends Delia and MWJ for lunch.  There would certainly be no need for someone like Dave Whelan to be at Carrow Road for a loan transfer, can you imagine David McNally flying up to Scunny to talk over the loan deal of Oli Johnson?  No![/quote]I would agree but the called the ski club and offer them X amount of money if the could land there in 30min!! Doesn''t sound like a pre-arranged lunch to me!!

Dave Whelan is a very hands off chairman who spends most of his time in Barbados. If there was any transfer business to be done (not sure what with loan window yet to reopen) Martinez would sort it, probably over the phone.

we already have two loanees, the max permitted so definitely not a loan unless an emergency loan has been sanctioned, which i very much doubt.

[quote user="L4cole"]Landed at the ski club in Norwich and been rushed off to Carrow Road.... No lie!!!I was hoping someone on here might have heard this or know what it''s about. I would assume an emergency loan![/quote]Just as a matter of interest - the person who saw Whelan land, how do they know where he was "whisked off" to? Did they follow him? Did anybody actually see him at Carrow Road?As I say, I am not disputing anyone''s story as I am 120 miles away in Nottingham, but it would be interesting to know

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Dave Whelan is a very hands off chairman who spends most of his time in Barbados. If there was any transfer business to be done (not sure what with loan window yet to reopen) Martinez would sort it, probably over the phone.[/quote]

There IS NO LOAN WINDOW.

We can only borrow 2 players from other clubs at any one time, and a maximum of 4 in the season. And unless the Premier League sanction an emergency loan (eg for a Goalkeeper - which seeing as we knew that Ruddy would be suspended before the transfer window shut and therefore would be unlikely) we cant bring in any other players until January

Maybe Delia and DW are appearing in the next series of Celebrity Wife Swap?

May sound a silly question but why land at Norwich Ski Club? If it was in fact him and his visit was NCFC related why not land on the vast open spaces at Colney training ground?

maybe they are sacking mike pollitt so we can get him in on the "unattached" deal...

no, mister chops theory on the seats thingy is more realistic.

Wheelan is a big campaigner for the wage structure and has been trying to get backing before the "proper" clubs end up in the financial mess of so many. If he was here maybe he is just gathering support from clubs before submitting it to the FA??

Or has he come to see the JJB across the road before a refit?

Maybe Mr. Whelan was out on a jolly in his private helicopter when he, hovering somewhere above Norfolk, found himself in dire need of a bathroom break.They identified the ski club as a potential ''safe'' zone to land and old DW was able to go about his business.He is an old geezer after all and I''ve heard it told that it becomes increasingly more difficult to hold one''s bladder when a certain age is attained.

Either that or he fancied an impromptu bout of dry slope skiing followed by a visit to Whitlingham.

[quote user="BobbyLo"]Maybe Mr. Whelan was out on a jolly in his private helicopter when he, hovering somewhere above Norfolk, found himself in dire need of a bathroom break.They identified the ski club as a potential ''safe'' zone to land and old DW was able to go about his business.He is an old geezer after all and I''ve heard it told that it becomes increasingly more difficult to hold one''s bladder when a certain age is attained.

Either that or he fancied an impromptu bout of dry slope skiing followed by a visit to Whitlingham.[/quote]I remember when it was called a slash.  Anyway it''s a well known fact up the top end of the country Whelan is known as ''Wee Wee Whelan'' due to his weak bladder.

Dave Whelan does not own JJB anymore, sold it for mega bucks months ago. His new venture is DW Leisure (budget gyms), hence the name change of the Wigan ground to the DW Stadium. My source says he landed about 12:15ish and was gone by 1:45 ish, I think the explanation regarding the campaign in respect of player wages is the most plausible.

[quote user="Power Hamster"][quote user="L4cole"]Landed at the ski club in Norwich and been rushed off to Carrow Road.... No lie!!!I was hoping someone on here might have heard this or know what it''s about. I would assume an emergency loan![/quote]Just as a matter of interest - the person who saw Whelan land, how do they know where he was "whisked off" to? Did they follow him? Did anybody actually see him at Carrow Road?As I say, I am not disputing anyone''s story as I am 120 miles away in Nottingham, but it would be interesting to know[/quote]

I can confirm that my source had a cup of tea with the Pilot! No lie!! ..... You couldn''t make it up!So he was there.. If it was for brining in new players or not I would not know.

[quote user="L4cole"][quote user="Power Hamster"][quote user="L4cole"]Landed at the ski club in Norwich and been rushed off to Carrow Road.... No lie!!!

I was hoping someone on here might have heard this or know what it''s about. I would assume an emergency loan!
[/quote]
Just as a matter of interest - the person who saw Whelan land, how do they know where he was "whisked off" to? Did they follow him? Did anybody actually see him at Carrow Road?

As I say, I am not disputing anyone''s story as I am 120 miles away in Nottingham, but it would be interesting to know
[/quote]

I can confirm that my source had a cup of tea with the Pilot! No lie!! ..... You couldn''t make it up!

So he was there.. If it was for brining in new players or not I would not know.
[/quote]

So your source has a cup of tea with the pilot and doesn''t think to ask what he was doing down in this neck of the woods?[:O]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="L4cole"][quote user="Power Hamster"][quote user="L4cole"]Landed at the ski club in Norwich and been rushed off to Carrow Road.... No lie!!!I was hoping someone on here might have heard this or know what it''s about. I would assume an emergency loan![/quote]Just as a matter of interest - the person who saw Whelan land, how do they know where he was "whisked off" to? Did they follow him? Did anybody actually see him at Carrow Road?As I say, I am not disputing anyone''s story as I am 120 miles away in Nottingham, but it would be interesting to know[/quote]

I can confirm that my source had a cup of tea with the Pilot! No lie!! ..... You couldn''t make it up!So he was there.. If it was for brining in new players or not I would not know.[/quote]

So your source has a cup of tea with the pilot and doesn''t think to ask what he was doing down in this neck of the woods?[:O]

[/quote]Flying a helicopter I guess[:D]

[quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="L4cole"][quote user="Power Hamster"][quote user="L4cole"]Landed at the ski club in Norwich and been rushed off to Carrow Road.... No lie!!!

I was hoping someone on here might have heard this or know what it''s about. I would assume an emergency loan!
[/quote]
Just as a matter of interest - the person who saw Whelan land, how do they know where he was "whisked off" to? Did they follow him? Did anybody actually see him at Carrow Road?

As I say, I am not disputing anyone''s story as I am 120 miles away in Nottingham, but it would be interesting to know
[/quote]

I can confirm that my source had a cup of tea with the Pilot! No lie!! ..... You couldn''t make it up!

So he was there.. If it was for brining in new players or not I would not know.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Flying a helicopter I guess[:D]
[/quote]

Very good GT [;)]but surely if anybody other than Dave Whelan could answer the question about the reason for the visit it would be the pilot.No chance of getting any answers out of Carrow Road now is there?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Wheelan is a big campaigner for the wage structure and has been trying to get backing before the "proper" clubs end up in the financial mess of so many. If he was here maybe he is just gathering support from clubs before submitting it to the FA??

[/quote]

GOOD CALL THAT [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

GOOD CALL THAT [;)]

[/quote]

Yeah,yeah,yeah nana i take it you are trying to gain brownie points in your house at the moment.What have you been up to?[:D]

I sounds as my source and that of the OP are one in the same, could be a wind up then, although my source swears it is true. Pilot would not "spill the beans" when asked about the purpose of the visit. If it is a wind up my source will be getting a "slap" ......

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

GOOD CALL THAT [;)]

[/quote]

Yeah,yeah,yeah nana i take it you are trying to gain brownie points in your house at the moment.What have you been up to?[:D]

[/quote]

Might be something to do with a trip to Liverpool come up Tilly [:D]