Sign in to follow this  
judderman

Bid for Morison turned down, Morison asks to leave

Morison and Vaughan sounds good to me, would love to see Pacheco back competing for a place aswell though

For the people criticising Morison. This is Steve Morison not Clinton Morrison we are talking about. If it was Clinton Morrison we were spending 2 million on I would be annoyed but Steve Morison is decent. And Lambert has taken us up two divisions, to be questioning a potential signing of his before he''s played isn''t fair.

This is why I love the summer break, what a shame we now have a window rather than being able to transfer through the season. Used to and still love all the variables and options.

A very able centre forward, very keen and again if we could look into and pursue why not. Been a threat this year in the championship and I think the consesus is that hungry top performing Championship players will fit the ethos and also fit in with the players we have here already.

We do need strikers ready to come straight in, because injuries and suspensions will arise.

Certainly think we need two strikers and for me they have to be challenging for that spot next to Holt but with scope to improve and become leading the line themselves. Have to say it I would expect S. Jackson to be in the mix with two new boys, with many of our other strikers not in the picture.

Certainly there will have to be one or two players brought in however that have played in the prem. for a few years, similar to Scharner moving from Wigan to WBA. We need that type of experience.

But I also agree with the poster regarding Pacheco, that signing on loan could be critical, if Wes gets injured then to have Pacheco will light up our team once again. Not one player would feel dispondent if the playmaker left as Pacheco can own that role at NCFC.

But good to see some movement at the moment in regard to building our squad.

Ok - 43 league starts....the rest are made up of cameos off the bench.

So his 30 starts last season add up to 70% off his career starts.

I''m hoping this works out well, and I firmly believe Lambert has earned the right for fans to fully accept every decision he makes.

The one thing that sits uncomfortably with myself, and probably many other supporters, is the price....if it is anywhere near accurate.....

[quote user="unique"]Ok - 43 league starts....the rest are made up of cameos off the bench.

So his 30 starts last season add up to 70% off his career starts.

I''m hoping this works out well, and I firmly believe Lambert has earned the right for fans to fully accept every decision he makes.

The one thing that sits uncomfortably with myself, and probably many other supporters, is the price....if it is anywhere near accurate.....[/quote]Would you prefer that we spent £1 million on a reserve centre half from Tottenham to play upfront for us, like the last time we won promotion to the Prem??? [:^)]

Morison was the player I hoped we''d sign in the January transfer window. I think he could play alongside or instead of Holt. Not sure he would get 20 goals but I reckon 1 in 3 would be about right for him in the Premiership, and if he gets 8-12 goals next season depending on his starts 2-3 million will be well spent. He is knocking on the door of the welsh team, though he wasn''t too impressive against England, but that was a difficult game for Wales. And hopefully this club can begin to look at players of international quality.

My opinion is that he is exactly the type of player we should go for. He is an improvement on what we have already and represents a player that we could expect to improve his standards further.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="unique"]Ok - 43 league starts....the rest are made up of cameos off the bench. So his 30 starts last season add up to 70% off his career starts. I''m hoping this works out well, and I firmly believe Lambert has earned the right for fans to fully accept every decision he makes. The one thing that sits uncomfortably with myself, and probably many other supporters, is the price....if it is anywhere near accurate.....[/quote]

Would you prefer that we spent £1 million on a reserve centre half from Tottenham to play upfront for us, like the last time we won promotion to the Prem??? [:^)]
[/quote]

The Tottenham fans had a good laugh at us taking Ginger Pele off their hands. Fortunately I dont see the excelent Lambert doing the same thing re. Bentley.

[quote user="Smudger"]Would you prefer that we spent £1 million on a reserve centre half from Tottenham to play upfront for us, like the last time we won promotion to the Prem??? [:^)][/quote]Outstanding post and just as applicable on the Vaughan thread.

A pointless and irrelevant post because it doesn''t warrant an answer.

Football is all about opinions, and although Vaughan signing may not leave every Norwich supporter dancing on the ceiling, everybody will be hoping that it works out, the doubters hoping they are proved wrong, and the fee of 32.5 m is heavily dependent on appearances/Premiership survival.

Vaughan has not delivered on his early promise, there''s no reason to suggest that Lambert can''t be the manager to reignite his career.

[quote user="unique"]A pointless and irrelevant post because it doesn''t warrant an answer.

Football is all about opinions, and although Vaughan signing may not leave every Norwich supporter dancing on the ceiling, everybody will be hoping that it works out, the doubters hoping they are proved wrong, and the fee of 32.5 m is heavily dependent on appearances/Premiership survival.

Vaughan has not delivered on his early promise, there''s no reason to suggest that Lambert can''t be the manager to reignite his career.[/quote]Ah, I think I see the issue.I would be moaning too if we spent 32.5million on Vaughan.:)

We could have wasted 90 million on Torres, hes proven, so was Micheal Owen, it doesnt matter who you buy they either work for you or they dont. It more importent to buy the right player with the right attitude towards the club not waste it on so called superstars.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="unique"]Ok - 43 league starts....the rest are made up of cameos off the bench. So his 30 starts last season add up to 70% off his career starts. I''m hoping this works out well, and I firmly believe Lambert has earned the right for fans to fully accept every decision he makes. The one thing that sits uncomfortably with myself, and probably many other supporters, is the price....if it is anywhere near accurate.....[/quote]

Would you prefer that we spent £1 million on a reserve centre half from Tottenham to play upfront for us, like the last time we won promotion to the Prem??? [:^)]
[/quote]

Great post Smudger.

If, and it''s a big if, we don''t survive in the Prem (and I think we will) it wont be down to a lack of effort by Team Lambert.

It is so good to have a management team who know what they are doing and a board prepared to back them.

This certainly isn''t a negative, and I know it''s still very early doors, but all the players we have been linked with / reported to be interested in / have bid for, have little or no Premiership experience. 

While momentum, excellent top management and coaching, great player desire / attitude / work ethic will get us a long way down the road to Premiership survival next season, I think we really do need 3 or 4 players with Premiership / equivalent level experience, to get us to the end of our journey next season.

Like I say, I''m certainly not being negative or un-necessarily critical, just that to survive that''s what I think it will take even given the excellent, excellent set up and management that we have.

I know that it''s still really, really early doors and and we could well end up with these players and if not I will put all my faith in Lambert, the management team and the board because over the last 2 seasons they have given me no reason not to.

As usual the first rule of the pink''un forum is that any new signing isn''t good enough / is injury prone / won''t fit into our system / cost too much / has a poor attitude *

* delete as applicable.

After all the signings of Russell Martin, John Ruddy, Simeon Jackson, Zak Whitbread, Elliott Ward, Leon Barnett, David Fox, Andrew Crofts, Andrew Surman and Marc Tierney worked out badly, didn''t they?

Lambert really needs to improve his awful record of picking players if we''re to have a chance.....[:@]

The gap between mid premiership and top third of the championship has never been closer. Morrison is a fine striker in the Holt mode. He would be a fine aquisition. The squad Lambert is building will be far better than Blackpool who only went down by a couple of points. Many of these hungry championship players will make a positive impact in the premiership although clear the odd one will not

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The gap between mid premiership and top third of the championship has never been closer. Morrison is a fine striker in the Holt mode. He would be a fine aquisition. The squad Lambert is building will be far better than Blackpool who only went down by a couple of points. Many of these hungry championship players will make a positive impact in the premiership although clear the odd one will not[/quote]

Not sure that I totally agree with that.  Do you not think that we necessarily need anybody with Premiership level experience to survive?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

As usual the first rule of the pink''un forum is that any new signing isn''t good enough / is injury prone / won''t fit into our system / cost too much / has a poor attitude *

* delete as applicable.

After all the signings of Russell Martin, John Ruddy, Simeon Jackson, Zak Whitbread, Elliott Ward, Leon Barnett, David Fox, Andrew Crofts, Andrew Surman and Marc Tierney worked out badly, didn''t they?

Lambert really needs to improve his awful record of picking players if we''re to have a chance.....[:@]

[/quote]

That better not be directed at me![:@][:@][:@]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Beauseant"]

* delete as applicable.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It wasn''t ![:#]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Beauseant"]

* delete as applicable.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m yanking your chain.  A poor attempt at humour in light of recent events on here.........

Did people laugh at holloway when he said dj campbell would get teh better of terry & vidic?

They are just 4 games out of 38; its the jagielkas and lower teams than that we need to score against.

All we need is one of vaughan or morison or whoever to have a good season and we are in with a shout; what no one knows is which of our signings or current squad will be the one.

Both these players have ability - lambert is giving himself options - whch is perfect

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Beauseant"]

* delete as applicable.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m yanking your chain.  A poor attempt at humour in light of recent events on here.........

[/quote]

I thought you probably were, but felt it was best to take no chances......[;)]

I honestly think the references to needing some players with premiership experience is very over rated. Perhaps with the exception of Bullard who i would like with our budget the ones that we could get with odd exceptions are players who cannot get in decent sides or ones that have been relegated and may be tainted with that nervous negative mentality. It has taken 2 seasons to turn around the mentality of the squad to a positive one, they do not know when they are beaten. This momentum can be continued with most opposition other than the top 6. With those you just tell the lads it is like a cup game give their best and anything can happen on the day

Like Smudger hits on, Morrison will be more use than the Doc was upfront in 2004-05!

Remember the likes of?:

David Bentley over rated by himself and becuse he was an Arsenal player.

Simon Charlton over the hill and not any better than what we already had and was replacing (Mackay)

Mat Jonsson, Never played in England before and over rated becaushe played for Sweden.

Tomas Helveg over the hill player who''d never played in England before. While he did get better towar the end, overall he didn''t do enough!

They were players bought by Worthy because they were seemingly a step up from the Championship (or Division 1 as it was in those days) players we had at the time.

The exact sort of players we have to avoid his summer!

For another of a club buying the wrong sorts of players - Ips hit in 2001/02. After coming 5th the season before with players who''d been at the club when they were in the 2nd tier and buying British based experienced players, they thought they had hit the big time and had to buy expensive over rated, only interested in the cash mercanary players. End result they got relegated May 2002 and haven''t been back since. Shame!

In Lambert we trust!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Like Smudger hits on, Morrison will be more use than the Doc was upfront in 2004-05!

Remember the likes of?:

Simon Charlton over the hill and not any better than what we already had and was replacing (Mackay)

Mat Jonsson, Never played in England before and over rated becaushe played for Sweden.

Tomas Helveg over the hill player who''d never played in England before. While he did get better towar the end, overall he didn''t do enough!

They were players bought by Worthy because they were seemingly a step up from the Championship (or Division 1 as it was in those days) players we had at the time.

For another of a club buying the wrong sorts of players - Ips hit in 2001/02. After coming 5th the season before with players who''d been at the club when they were in the 2nd tier and buying British based experienced players, they thought they had hit the big time and had to buy expensive over rated, only interested in the cash mercanary players. End result they got relegated May 2002 and haven''t been back since. Shame!

In Lambert we trust![/quote]

Nearly right grandroeder - we started winning when the safris, Bentleys, helvegs and ashtons were picked; teh quality of our performances improved and we started matching prem teams; before then we could not defend nor win for toffee;

we started the season with the new faces but did not win (new team unfamiliarity as bought too late) but were also tough to beat; worthy reverted to his tried & trusted and thats when us picking up points stopped.

Reintroduce the quality that worthy thought was good enough in the summer (spring by now) and we finally, but too late, gave ourself a chance.

The 3 lessons to be learnt from the last season are

1. get a full squad in early, no getting core personnel in Jan

2 have faith in your purchases, you bought them as improvements

3. you need squad depth, form, injuries & not knowing who will and will not make the grade means you must have options.

grantroederdisaster"]Like Smudger hits on, Morrison will be more use than the Doc was upfront in 2004-05!

Remember the likes of?:

For another experience of a club buying the wrong sorts of players - Ips hit in 2001/02. After coming 5th the season before with players who''d been at the club when they were in the 2nd tier and buying British based experienced players, they thought they had hit the big time and had to buy expensive over rated, only interested in the cash mercanary players. End result they got relegated May 2002 and haven''t been back since. Shame!

In Lambert we trust![/

Nearly right grandroeder - we started winning when the safris, Bentleys, helvegs and ashtons were picked; teh quality of our performances improved and we started matching prem teams; before then we could not defend nor win for toffee;

we started the season with the new faces but did not win (new team unfamiliarity as bought too late) but were also tough to beat; worthy reverted to his tried & trusted and thats when us picking up points stopped.

Reintroduce the quality that worthy thought was good enough in the summer (spring by now) and we finally, but too late, gave ourself a chance.

The 3 lessons to be learnt from the last season are

1. get a full squad in early, no getting core personnel in Jan

2 have faith in your purchases, you bought them as improvements

3. you need squad depth, form, injuries & not knowing who will and will not make the grade means you must have options

Most of what you is pointing in the right direction but -

For a start I never mentioned Safri and Ashton because they done their job although Safri was always injury prone and a striker of similar quality to Ashton/ Ashton was signed too late!

Helveg was intially played in the wrong position to just get him in the team because he was a big name I suspect and took most of the seson to acclimitise to the quicker English game something that we didn''t have time for!

Bentley was also around from the start and while he had his moments, he went missing more often than not!

After we produced a do or die cup match winning performance against ManU the team realised that if they went for the oppostions throats instead of standing off admiring them (which we were doing for most of the season up till then!) then we could beat teams.

This was was when our season changed for the better. Had we had the same atitude all season combined with the Ashton standard striker /or Dean A himself in from the start then we would have probably survived.

Suffice to say messrs Mcnally and Lambert will not have the same negative approach that Doncaster and Worthy had in 2004/05, so in my book that gives us a much better chance than then!