Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Dear oh dear

“What annoys me is when people say I have taken players from the lower leagues along with maybe one or two who have joined who have been in the Championship before,” he said. “What annoys me is these lads are creating names for themselves and they are only young. I know exactly what they have done for me, I know exactly the way they are playing.

“I don’t accept if you are saying to me perhaps we can fly under the radar and that other teams around us are more fancied.

“Not when you have 27,000 people coming to watch. The crowd generates the pressure. It doesn’t matter who sits in the manager’s chair, you should always feel it because of the amount of people who come to watch you.

“I think a lot of people do think we’ve been in the Championship for years.

“For myself it’s new, for the team it’s new, for Ian (Culverhouse) and Gary (Karsa) it’s new. There is this perception that we should be up there and that is wrong. I don’t buy into this nonsense that Norwich should be where they are.

“You have to earn the right whether you are playing Scunthorpe or Swansea or QPR.

“Every game is really, really tough but we have done really fine this season to put ourselves in a position to do something.”

Careful, Paul.  Your halo is slipping.  Archie McCauley wouldn''t have uttered such nonsense.  Three points today and I may forgive him.

But still, be good to one another.

I guess he''s just trying to diffuse some of the pressure, which must fall largely upon him. I can see what he''s saying but he says it a little clumsily.

However, I think he has a very well worked-out strategy and this is all part of it.

I think he is just saying that no one should be in a certain position by rights, it should always be earned. Similar to the old ''to big / good to go down'' argument...no one is too big to get relegated, clubs finish where they do because that is what they deserve after the season.

I think its fair comment from PL. Seems in keeping with his management style - keep your head down and focus on the next game instead of poncing about with you nose in the air and head filled with delusions of grandeur and mouthing off at the slightest opportunity.

It''s Lamberts refusal to rest on his laurels, and passing that mentality down to the squad, looking for that mentality in the players he signs, that has got us to where we are.  What he''s saying is you don''t get to 2nd in the league just because you''ve got a big support - to suggest this is lazy, the games still need to be won.  He and his team have done exceptionally well to get us to 2nd in his first season in this league, which suggests that they have the ability to instill a winning mentality to ensure we could stay up in the Premiership, and maybe even surprise a few people.

Congratulations Bore old boy.

Here we are, actually looking a good football club. Professional in action and outlook for the first time in years. Quality Chief Exec, Chairman, Manager and coaching staff and you''ve taken the time to type out that lot.

Cheers!

No idea whats upset you with those coments Bor. All he''s saying is that no team has an automatic right to be promoted - you have to work for every point. Thats the sort of work ethic that has got us here in the first place. On the other side of the coin we won''t roll over for anybody - they will have to fight to take points off us. If we get into the premiership thats exactly the attitude we will need.

Keep on doing what you''re doing Paul, most of us understand exactly where you are coming from

Well, well, well.   I see the inner quadrant has come out to defend Sir Paul.

Careful what you wish for.  Tis many a slip ''twixt cup and lip.

Be good to one another.

[quote user="Raymond Getard"]

And still some don''t get it.

[/quote]

The WHHHOOOOOSSSSHHHH as it sails over peoples head''s is deafening.

Great stuff. [:D]

What a lot of old cock (I mean the OP, not Lambert).

I think PL wants to manage expectations and just get on with his job.

''Halo slipping''??....

He''s trying to make the same point as many on here do about ''lil''ol''Naaarch'''' (i.e. last year in League One and ''You Lot Live in The Back of Nowhere'')) and not liking it, not supporting it. He''s also managing expectations.

''Three Points Today & I May Forgive Him''???

Forgive him for being consistent?

Forgive him for having never (ever) said a bad think abou any of his players?

Forgive him for being a really (seemingly) good guy?

Forgive him for consistently saying good things about the fans?

Really, you need to think before you utter..

Lambert is right. He''s not saying that Norwich shouldn''t be where they are, he''s just saying that nobody has a divine right to be there and that you have to earn it. And that''s what he and the players have done. Just big you have one of the biggest grounds and average attendances in the Football League doesn''t mean that you are automatically the best and should be given the points every week just for turning up. How many ''big'' clubs have fallen through the divisions before and after we did? We weren''t the first and won''t be the last.

[quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

''Halo slipping''??....

He''s trying to make the same point as many on here do about ''lil''ol''Naaarch'''' (i.e. last year in League One and ''You Lot Live in The Back of Nowhere'')) and not liking it, not supporting it. He''s also managing expectations.

[/quote]

The fact that you have gone to the trouble to create that masterpiece makes that last line a Pink-un classic!

Well done BBB. [:D][:D][:D] 

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

“What annoys me is when people say I have taken players from the lower leagues along with maybe one or two who have joined who have been in the Championship before,” he said. “What annoys me is these lads are creating names for themselves and they are only young. I know exactly what they have done for me, I know exactly the way they are playing.

“I don’t accept if you are saying to me perhaps we can fly under the radar and that other teams around us are more fancied.

“Not when you have 27,000 people coming to watch. The crowd generates the pressure. It doesn’t matter who sits in the manager’s chair, you should always feel it because of the amount of people who come to watch you.

“For myself it’s new, for the team it’s new, for Ian (Culverhouse) and Gary (Karsa) it’s new. There is this perception that we should be up there and that is wrong. I don’t buy into this nonsense that Norwich should be where they are.

“You have to earn the right whether you are playing Scunthorpe or Swansea or QPR.

“Every game is really, really tough but we have done really fine this season to put ourselves in a position to do something.”

Careful, Paul.  Your halo is slipping.  Archie McCauley wouldn''t have uttered such nonsense.  Three points today and I may forgive him.

[/quote]

Your posting style is very familiar. There aren''t half some blatant multiple accounts running on this messageboard...

His rusty spurs hangin'' from a nail their on the wall
Cold winds a blowin'' and the snow begins to fall
Old man a dreamin'' in his rockin'' chair
Thinkin'' bout the days gone by wishin'' he was there
Rodeo you take a boy and make a man so tall
Drink his youth and cast him by the way
What''s he gonna do now that he''s through
But sit and dream about the good old days

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

[/quote]

No worries, BBB, we in fact forgive you in your failing  to understand the genius that is Paul Lambert. Hey...I have an idea...how about the next time you think about offering you interpretation of Paul Lambert you do so after you''ve contemplated the monumental amount of hard work it has taken to transform a club that was on the edge of extinction into a Premier league contender? How about you offer your shillings worth of shite, only after you''ve fully understood what it has taken to instill into a team that was dead in the water, the fighting spirit and belief that Premiership football is an obtainable reality, which they have EARNED?How about you stop and consider the people and man-management skills required to mend the years, if not decades of heartache, desperation and depression of thousands upon thousands of Norwich City fans, in fact, bring JOY to Norwich City fans; and to do this all inside 18 months, with a limited budget? Hey, how about the next time you wish to twist Paul Lambert''s words, you try first to recognize that you''re talking about a man who has achieved all of this with such CLASS that it makes your comments look like nothing more than something he might step in?So please, BBB, stop acting like your a tosh journalist for the NoTW.Oh ..... and what''s with being good to one another? Be good at what? Be good at pointing out how much of an idiot you are? Halo slipping.........you fool.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

''Halo slipping''??....

[/quote]

The fact that you have gone to the trouble to create that masterpiece makes that last line a Pink-un classic!

Well done BBB. [:D][:D][:D] 

[/quote]

Really? Isn''t it great to see that the universal rule of like-attracts-like stands true.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

A mile high and it still got over your head???

Whhhooooossssshhhhhh.....

[;)]

[/quote]Nigel, if you''re suggesting that BBB was demonstrating his skills at satirical writing, then it was poor at best. Maybe he should have a few lessons from mikewalker?So no, it was not over my head, since the attempt was so poor that it never got off the ground.

[quote user="milehighcanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

A mile high and it still got over your head???

Whhhooooossssshhhhhh.....

[;)]

[/quote]

Nigel, if you''re suggesting that BBB was demonstrating his skills at satirical writing, then it was poor at best.

Maybe he should have a few lessons from mikewalker?

So no, it was not over my head, since the attempt was so poor that it never got off the ground.

[/quote]

Each to their own but humorous writing doesn''t have to be satirical to be funny. A parody can be quite funny in it''s own right. This one certainly did get off the ground and is quite amusing in an inoffensive way.