Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

FA charges QPR on seven counts !!!!!!

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="CDMullins"]Yes wouldnt suprise me if they waited until they were mathmatically up and then take an irrelevant amount of points off them. It should have been sorted by now! Taking 10 points off them would open it right up and set up a cracking ending the the Championship season![/quote]Absolutely, I firmly expect the FA are hoping that they can leave it late enough to a) take points from QPR and look like they actually have a backbone, and b) take few enough points that it doesn''t affect the outcome of the Championship season.Am I right in thinking that QPR''s hearing with the FA still hasn''t taken place, and in fact, hasn''t even been scheduled yet?[/quote]

You are correct, it Could also have something to do with it all involving a London Club, they don''t hang about when a club outside the smoke are faced with legallities They want another london club in the prem  

[/quote]Pathetic really, how the FA say they want it sorted as quickly as possible, yet still haven''t even scheduled a hearing for the club in question weeks after the issue was originally raised.I firmly expect QPR to escape any effective punishment - it may be a fine or a few points docked, but I imagine it will be inconsequential at the point anyway.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="CDMullins"]Yes wouldnt suprise me if they waited until they were mathmatically up and then take an irrelevant amount of points off them. It should have been sorted by now! Taking 10 points off them would open it right up and set up a cracking ending the the Championship season![/quote]

Absolutely, I firmly expect the FA are hoping that they can leave it late enough to a) take points from QPR and look like they actually have a backbone, and b) take few enough points that it doesn''t affect the outcome of the Championship season.

Am I right in thinking that QPR''s hearing with the FA still hasn''t taken place, and in fact, hasn''t even been scheduled yet?
[/quote]

You are correct, it Could also have something to do with it all involving a London Club, they don''t hang about when a club outside the smoke are faced with legallities They want another london club in the prem  

[/quote]

Pathetic really, how the FA say they want it sorted as quickly as possible, yet still haven''t even scheduled a hearing for the club in question weeks after the issue was originally raised.

I firmly expect QPR to escape any effective punishment - it may be a fine or a few points docked, but I imagine it will be inconsequential at the point anyway.
[/quote]

That golf course wont play itself. Remember the FA only pick on teams that are unlikely due to the financial problems to fight back like the ridiculious 30 points handed out to Luton a couple of seasons ago. Expect QPR with their high profile backing to be told not to be naughty again.

QPR will get away with a little fine and that will be the end of it. I would love to hear what Colin says after the hearing, I remember him clearly spouting off about Wet Spam.

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]QPR will get away with a little fine and that will be the end of it. I would love to hear what Colin says after the hearing, I remember him clearly spouting off about Wet Spam.[/quote]

If it is a fine they will laugh it off, how do you, fine the richest club in the world, you don''t  just take 30 points off them, if they don''t, Then they qpr get richer in May, If the FA allow this to happen the rest of the football league should protest

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]QPR will get away with a little fine and that will be the end of it. I would love to hear what Colin says after the hearing, I remember him clearly spouting off about Wet Spam.[/quote]

If it is a fine they will laugh it off, how do you, fine the richest club in the world, you don''t  just take 30 points off them, if they don''t, Then they qpr get richer in May, If the FA allow this to happen the rest of the football league should protest

[/quote]

TBH I would think the team most hard done by would be Luton!

Sheff Utd got £25m off West Ham in compensation for the Tevez affair so maybe everyone in the top 6 should protest and sue QPR then share the £90m they''d get for going up;)

Shame really that you lot are so desperate for us to have points deducted..... We are where we are on merit , take the ten points if you''re that desperate we''ll still get promoted because the deduction will give us a cause. Actually wanted you lot to get promoted with us until I read this.....

Break the rules and expect to pay for it, this isn''t us having a go at you, you broke the rules and so should be made to pay the consequence.  Our problem is with the F.A. Think of it from the rest of the leagues point of view, they want to know where they stand as much as you do. This thread is simply about the F.A dragging their heels and seeing that no one is sure what the hell is going on.

So when were we found guilty then? I thought they were charges and a hearing would determine guilt or otherwise? There seems to be a general consensus we are already in the wrong -if we are then fine do your worst. However as I understand it the charge relating to the agent being unlicensed for example is tenuous at best - he is Gareth Bales agent who was FIFA registered but not FA registered. But hey why let the facts get in the way of a good press story.

[quote user="Middlesxhoop"]So when were we found guilty then? I thought they were charges and a hearing would determine guilt or otherwise? There seems to be a general consensus we are already in the wrong -if we are then fine do your worst. However as I understand it the charge relating to the agent being unlicensed for example is tenuous at best - he is Gareth Bales agent who was FIFA registered but not FA registered. But hey why let the facts get in the way of a good press story.[/quote]I agree with the bulk of your post, but my main issue is that the FA said they wanted the situation sorted as quickly as possible. Has a hearing date even been set yet?

No of course not the FA will leave everyone dangling until it''s too late to do anything other than cause chaos. Re signing other players ''in a similar manner'' when we signed faurlin there were NO footbal league rules against 3rd party interest and when they were introduced we made the league aware of the situation - hardly the big cover up the press are reporting but then we''re back to my earlier point about facts and stories.

Well when the F.A get off their ass and sort this out we will know the outcome and the facts won''t we. Surely you want to know too?

[quote user="Middlesxhoop"]Shame really that you lot are so desperate for us to have points deducted..... We are where we are on merit , take the ten points if you''re that desperate we''ll still get promoted because the deduction will give us a cause. Actually wanted you lot to get promoted with us until I read this.....[/quote]The thing is... you arent where you are on merit, you are fielding someone that has been playing illegally who has contributed to your seasons position.  But i have to say, it looks to be a genuine error, and unfortunate.  I personally congratulate QPR on a brilliant consistant season,

On a personal note I think this is a "non story", and would not want to see QPR docked points as there is no precedent for it that I am aware of, the charge is being compared to the Wet Sham/Tevez affair and they never received any punishment. They way I look at it is we have taken four points off QPR and shut them out twice and they are still nine points ahead of us because they have been playing extremely well all season. I also think it is wrong to suggest that one player has affected their position, as we have proven this year it is all about being a team and not about individuals. I stopped looking to the QPR results ages ago as I believe they are as good as up, I wish them well and if they can do us a favour by beating Cardiff and Leeds even better.....

[quote user="Middlesxhoop"]Shame really that you lot are so desperate for us to have points deducted..... We are where we are on merit , take the ten points if you''re that desperate we''ll still get promoted because the deduction will give us a cause. Actually wanted you lot to get promoted with us until I read this.....[/quote]

Well I think you''ve had a great season and I''m sure that the majority of us Norwich fans want to go up on merit rather than anyone having points deducted.

Could you beat Cardiff and Leeds for us please [:)]

Enjoy the rest of the season.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]On a personal note I think this is a "non story", and would not want to see QPR docked points as there is no precedent for it that I am aware of, the charge is being compared to the Wet Sham/Tevez affair and they never received any punishment. They way I look at it is we have taken four points off QPR and shut them out twice and they are still nine points ahead of us because they have been playing extremely well all season. I also think it is wrong to suggest that one player has affected their position, as we have proven this year it is all about being a team and not about individuals. I stopped looking to the QPR results ages ago as I believe they are as good as up, I wish them well and if they can do us a favour by beating Cardiff and Leeds even better.....[/quote]

Hmmmm.....I''m not sure how this is a ''non-story'' when QPR fielded an ineligible star player for many games, as he was owned by a third party, followed up by new contract ''inconsistencies'' this season. I''m pretty sure that other clubs that have been deducted points for fielding ineligible players in the past would have little empathy with QPR.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]On a personal note I think this is a "non story", and would not want to see QPR docked points as there is no precedent for it that I am aware of, the charge is being compared to the Wet Sham/Tevez affair and they never received any punishment. They way I look at it is we have taken four points off QPR and shut them out twice and they are still nine points ahead of us because they have been playing extremely well all season. I also think it is wrong to suggest that one player has affected their position, as we have proven this year it is all about being a team and not about individuals. I stopped looking to the QPR results ages ago as I believe they are as good as up, I wish them well and if they can do us a favour by beating Cardiff and Leeds even better.....[/quote]

Hmmmm.....I''m not sure how this is a ''non-story'' when QPR fielded an ineligible star player for many games, as he was owned by a third party, followed up by new contract ''inconsistencies'' this season. I''m pretty sure that other clubs that have been deducted points for fielding ineligible players in the past would have little empathy with QPR.

[/quote]Are you really Codys'' Mum posting under the milkmans name~?

Lets all be honest, QPR have been the best team in the championship this season. They deserve their spot at the top, its time we accepted they wont get a points deduction and we should (considering were a newly promoted side) just accept were only gonna get 2nd at best.. Which btw at the start of the season you would all have taken...

Norwich for 2nd spot

"Lets all be honest, QPR have been the best team in the championship this season. They deserve their spot at the top, its time we accepted they wont get a points deduction and we should (considering were a newly promoted side) just accept were only gonna get 2nd at best.. Which btw at the start of the season you would all have taken..."

I hope your a QPR fan in disguise

I can''t believe some of the posts on here - some people would feel sorry for them if they had points deducted and that as a newly promoted team we should just be happy with our current position, it''s almost as if some of you are saying we don''t have the right to go after the title but we got to this positon on merit and playing by the rules, unlike QPR

Faurlin has never been ineligible to play, that''s not what we are being charged with. The Football league cleared the transfer in 2009 and cleared the contract renewal last year, if he had been ineligible to play then the FA would have stopped him playing a long time ago.

It''s the third party ownership which is a problem and by the look of it the agent involved not being registered at the FA as he was only registered with FIFA.

It''s a cock up but he''s been fine to play all season and we''ve not even been found guilty yet. If we''ve done wrong we should be fined but we''ve gained no sporting advantage through this so should get no sporting penalty imo.

It''s a bit pathetic that so many Norwich fans seem to want us to lose points, I''d worry about about your own form and making sure you get promoted the old fashioned way on the pitch rather than through a paperwork error. Still hope you nick 2nd though and think you have a great chance of doing so as Cardiff and Forest have fallen apart recently.

I feel really sorry for the fans. However,

Luton got a ten point deduction for using an non-authorised agent. So for fairness sake, that has to be ten points. (Precedent set).

When Westham broke the "rules" there wasn''t an actual rule, but it was introduced. I believe with the intention of points deduction. So that needs to be more points deduction.

It''s fact, QPR have had the best set of results, mainly due to the best defensive record in the league and you have to feel really sorry for the fans if they misout by a points deduction.

But in terms of the board and manager, I have no sympathy, you know the rules.

"if you don''t want to do the time, don''t do the crime".

[quote user="Baracouda"]I feel really sorry for the fans. However, Luton got a ten point deduction for using an non-authorised agent. So for fairness sake, that has to be ten points. (Precedent set). When Westham broke the "rules" there wasn''t an actual rule, but it was introduced. I believe with the intention of points deduction. So that needs to be more points deduction. It''s fact, QPR have had the best set of results, mainly due to the best defensive record in the league and you have to feel really sorry for the fans if they misout by a points deduction. But in terms of the board and manager, I have no sympathy, you know the rules. "if you don''t want to do the time, don''t do the crime".[/quote]

Didnt Luton have about 50 charges and play 3 ineligable players?

[quote user="qprdave"]

Faurlin has never been ineligible to play, that''s not what we are being charged with. The Football league cleared the transfer in 2009 and cleared the contract renewal last year, if he had been ineligible to play then the FA would have stopped him playing a long time ago.

It''s the third party ownership which is a problem and by the look of it the agent involved not being registered at the FA as he was only registered with FIFA.

It''s a cock up but he''s been fine to play all season and we''ve not even been found guilty yet. If we''ve done wrong we should be fined but we''ve gained no sporting advantage through this so should get no sporting penalty imo.

It''s a bit pathetic that so many Norwich fans seem to want us to lose points, I''d worry about about your own form and making sure you get promoted the old fashioned way on the pitch rather than through a paperwork error. Still hope you nick 2nd though and think you have a great chance of doing so as Cardiff and Forest have fallen apart recently.

[/quote]

The Football League did indeed clear the transfer, but they later discovered that Faurlin had a third party owner which is against FA rules and thus would have deemed him ineligible, so they then notified the FA. Thus he was ineligible under FA rules and played many games under that status before he signed a new contract that again flouted FA rules.   

Dave - with all due respect - I totally agree with your summation but I don''t think the majority want you to be docked points, I just think they have been told it''s a possibility. Aren''t you worried it could happen? Really? We won''t catch you I don''t think, but by trying to we may just get 2nd and go up "the old fashioned way". That''s what we all want.