Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

FA charges QPR on seven counts !!!!!!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

If only half of the input cited here on Paladini is correct then Norwich fans can only breathe quiet relief that such individuals are not pulling the strings at NCFC. Further, those that feel compelled to criticise our club would be well served to use these examples as a measuring stick before going off the deep end.  

[/quote]

Not sure who you are referring to when you say "those that feel compelled to criticise our club ......", (and I am not one of them) , but I''m afraid your point is just plain silly. A bit like saying "those that feel compelled to criticise Prime Minister Cameron (and I do) would be well served to use Mugabe or Gadaffi as measuring stick ........

Wouldn''t surprise me if Paladini and Briatore will escape the glare of publicity and come to Norfolk where they will put themselves forward as candidates in the next Norfolk County Council elections.

Reported on BBC sport website :

Queens Park Rangers could be docked points before the end of the season as the Football Association wants to avoid any doubt over who is promoted.

Could be interesting then ?

OTBC

[quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

If only half of the input cited here on Paladini is correct then Norwich fans can only breathe quiet relief that such individuals are not pulling the strings at NCFC. Further, those that feel compelled to criticise our club would be well served to use these examples as a measuring stick before going off the deep end.  

[/quote]

Not sure who you are referring to when you say "those that feel compelled to criticise our club ......", (and I am not one of them) , but I''m afraid your point is just plain silly. A bit like saying "those that feel compelled to criticise Prime Minister Cameron (and I do) would be well served to use Mugabe or Gadaffi as measuring stick ........

[/quote]

Al, one of the the benefits of living in a free society is that even individuals such as yourself not only gets to freely express yourself, but also are afforded the right to vote. Of course, it doesn''t necessarily follow that you then have the intellect to always apply your little grey cells in an intelligent manner, as you demonstrate in your response to me. People who are fans of a football club are not to be mixed with the the responsibility of the citizens who exercise their right to vote. We should all exercise the latter otherwise we forfeit the right to criticise those that are elected to lead us. If, on the other hand, you voted and your candidate/party did not win the election then, of course, you also have the right to criticise. When it comes to overly critical football fans ( which was the other point in your note ) if you are not sure who I am referring to then that is your lack of knowledge. Anyone who has spent any considerable amount of time on this forum knows they exist. Now, stop being a silly boy and work on self-improvement. 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Meanwhile, it could prove a distraction to Colin, his players and the fans.

[/quote]

Amongst all the posts is, for me, this really good point made by Rude Old [Y]

We might just win the league even if they don''t have points deducted, i can''t see it being anything less than VERY unsettling for the team etc.

OTBC

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Meanwhile, it could prove a distraction to Colin, his players and the fans.

[/quote]

Amongst all the posts is, for me, this really good point made by Rude Old [Y]

We might just win the league even if they don''t have points deducted, i can''t see it being anything less than VERY unsettling for the team etc.

OTBC

[/quote]2 sides to that coin. I agree could be very distracting but there is the other side that could just as easily argue that as the team face the possibibility of a point deduction they will pull all the stops out in the next 10 games so even if they do lose points it doesn''t matter. You can just as easily argue it will have a positive effect on their results for them than a negative. So i just avoid these arguments and lets just hope to see a huge point deduction

[quote user="lamberts socks"]The QPR fans seem to think they knew on Tuesday hence the poor display against Millwall[/quote]

As i suspected on the ''Burnley'' thread... There will be pressure to get points now as they now know what penalty maybe in place, how they''ll handle that i don''t know, as previously said could go one way or the other but would be surprised if it makes it easier for them...

As Sheffield United successfully sued West Ham for compensation, does that set a precedent for the team finishing 3rd (should they be within 18 points and not gain promotion via the playoffs) to sue QPR for compensation if they are found guilty and only fined?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]As Sheffield United successfully sued West Ham for compensation, does that set a precedent for the team finishing 3rd (should they be within 18 points and not gain promotion via the playoffs) to sue QPR for compensation if they are found guilty and only fined?[/quote]

She signing happened in 2009, so technically the outcome wouldn''t have affected this season anyhow..?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Al, one of the the benefits of living in a free society is that even individuals such as yourself not only gets to freely express yourself, but also are afforded the right to vote. Of course, it doesn''t necessarily follow that you then have the intellect to always apply your little grey cells in an intelligent manner, as you demonstrate in your response to me. People who are fans of a football club are not to be mixed with the the responsibility of the citizens who exercise their right to vote. We should all exercise the latter otherwise we forfeit the right to criticise those that are elected to lead us. If, on the other hand, you voted and your candidate/party did not win the election then, of course, you also have the right to criticise. When it comes to overly critical football fans ( which was the other point in your note ) if you are not sure who I am referring to then that is your lack of knowledge. Anyone who has spent any considerable amount of time on this forum knows they exist. Now, stop being a silly boy and work on self-improvement. 

[/quote]Maybe you should work on understanding the concept of analogies you patronising arse. Al is exactly right in pointing out how fallacious your argument is, just because there exists something that is worse than X, it does not logically follow that X is immune from criticism.All he''s done is taken YOUR logic, and applied it to a different sphere in order to point out how absurd it is. He could have equally said "those who criticise vandals would do well to look at serial killers before going off the deep end", or any number of other comparisons.Your reply, in addition to being massively and unneccessarily condescending, is a complete non-sequitur. He is not saying that world leaders are the same as people who run football clubs, he is using an analogy to world leaders in order to make an abstract point about the logic of your previous post. I wouldn''t normally bother to reply but seriously, read that post back to yourself and look at how horribly and unneccessarily arrogant, patronising and condescending you sound, while simultaneously missing the point entirely, its incredible.

[quote user="no. 6"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Maybe you should work on understanding the concept of analogies you patronising arse. Al is exactly right in pointing out how fallacious your argument is, just because there exists something that is worse than X, it does not logically follow that X is immune from criticism.

All he''s done is taken YOUR logic, and applied it to a different sphere in order to point out how absurd it is. He could have equally said "those who criticise vandals would do well to look at serial killers before going off the deep end", or any number of other comparisons.

Your reply, in addition to being massively and unneccessarily condescending, is a complete non-sequitur. He is not saying that world leaders are the same as people who run football clubs, he is using an analogy to world leaders in order to make an abstract point about the logic of your previous post.

I wouldn''t normally bother to reply but seriously, read that post back to yourself and look at how horribly and unneccessarily arrogant, patronising and condescending you sound, while simultaneously missing the point entirely, its incredible.
[/quote]

nice......

The easiest thing to do is to immediately disqualify QPR from promotion. Swindon were disqualified in 1989, so there is a precedent. Then we will at least have certainty that the only conceivable legal action would be from QPR and also we would know who the proper play-off candidates are at the end of the season. Otherwise, just imagine the chaos such as the team that finished seventh not being in the play-offs when perhaps they should have been if QPR are disqualified in the close-season. I suppose in that case that the two play-off finalists would be promoted.

[/quote]Maybe you should work on understanding the concept of analogies you patronising arse. Al is exactly right in pointing out how fallacious your argument is, just because there exists something that is worse than X, it does not logically follow that X is immune from criticism.All he''s done is taken YOUR logic, and applied it to a different sphere in order to point out how absurd it is. He could have equally said "those who criticise vandals would do well to look at serial killers before going off the deep end", or any number of other comparisons.Your reply, in addition to being massively and unneccessarily condescending, is a complete non-sequitur. He is not saying that world leaders are the same as people who run football clubs, he is using an analogy to world leaders in order to make an abstract point about the logic of your previous post. I wouldn''t normally bother to reply but seriously, read that post back to yourself and look at how horribly and unneccessarily arrogant, patronising and condescending you sound, while simultaneously missing the point entirely, its incredible.[/quote]Having read many of your posts no. 6, i have to say in no uncertain terms that no-one on here has more proficiency and wisdom to waste on this forum than you.

[quote user="John"][quote user="no. 6"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]Maybe you should work on understanding the concept of analogies you patronising arse. Al is exactly right in pointing out how fallacious your argument is, just because there exists something that is worse than X, it does not logically follow that X is immune from criticism.All he''s done is taken YOUR logic, and applied it to a different sphere in order to point out how absurd it is. He could have equally said "those who criticise vandals would do well to look at serial killers before going off the deep end", or any number of other comparisons.Your reply, in addition to being massively and unneccessarily condescending, is a complete non-sequitur. He is not saying that world leaders are the same as people who run football clubs, he is using an analogy to world leaders in order to make an abstract point about the logic of your previous post. I wouldn''t normally bother to reply but seriously, read that post back to yourself and look at how horribly and unneccessarily arrogant, patronising and condescending you sound, while simultaneously missing the point entirely, its incredible.[/quote]Having read many of your posts no. 6, i have to say in no uncertain terms that no-one on here has more proficiency and wisdom to waste on this forum than you.[/quote]Sycophant. [;)]Seriously, though, terrific post no.6.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="John"][quote user="no. 6"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]Maybe you should work on understanding the concept of analogies you patronising arse. Al is exactly right in pointing out how fallacious your argument is, just because there exists something that is worse than X, it does not logically follow that X is immune from criticism.All he''s done is taken YOUR logic, and applied it to a different sphere in order to point out how absurd it is. He could have equally said "those who criticise vandals would do well to look at serial killers before going off the deep end", or any number of other comparisons.Your reply, in addition to being massively and unneccessarily condescending, is a complete non-sequitur. He is not saying that world leaders are the same as people who run football clubs, he is using an analogy to world leaders in order to make an abstract point about the logic of your previous post. I wouldn''t normally bother to reply but seriously, read that post back to yourself and look at how horribly and unneccessarily arrogant, patronising and condescending you sound, while simultaneously missing the point entirely, its incredible.[/quote]Having read many of your posts no. 6, i have to say in no uncertain terms that no-one on here has more proficiency and wisdom to waste on this forum than you.[/quote]Sycophant. [;)][/quote]I''ve been ratted out........ Really needed some of that topaline. [:(]

[/quote]

Maybe you should work on understanding the concept of analogies you patronising arse. Al is exactly right in pointing out how fallacious your argument is, just because there exists something that is worse than X, it does not logically follow that X is immune from criticism.

All he''s done is taken YOUR logic, and applied it to a different sphere in order to point out how absurd it is. He could have equally said "those who criticise vandals would do well to look at serial killers before going off the deep end", or any number of other comparisons.

Your reply, in addition to being massively and unneccessarily condescending, is a complete non-sequitur. He is not saying that world leaders are the same as people who run football clubs, he is using an analogy to world leaders in order to make an abstract point about the logic of your previous post.

I wouldn''t normally bother to reply but seriously, read that post back to yourself and look at how horribly and unneccessarily arrogant, patronising and condescending you sound, while simultaneously missing the point entirely, its incredible.
[/quote]

What rock did you crawl out from under no. 6? I made two simple points in my original post ( 1- Norwich fans should be relieved that we don''t have such individuals running NCFC and 2 - critics of NCFC should take that into account before jumping off the deep end ). Those points are both entirely valid as anyone who frequents this particular forum fully realise. For that I receive personal attacks and name calling. Are you sure you and Al don''t live under the same rock? Al at least indicated he didn''t know which critics I was referring to whereas, in your case, you appear to think if you use big words and attempt to sound clever then it doesn''t matter if you''re off on your facts. I did not say the club was immune from criticism....you implied that I did. What I suggested was that critics of the club use the QPR example ( there are others ) for perspective before going off the deep end. Al gets into Mugabe and Gaddafi and, with respect to your further analogies, you wander into criticism of vandals vs serial killers. What on earth has any of that got to do with the two simple points I made regarding QPR and NCFC? You are right on one point, however. I was condescending in my response. I tend to get that way when people engage in personal attacks as you have here you ill-mannered toad.

Paul Lambert was interviewed on SSN about this, not live, just a pre-recorded interview.

Interviewer: If QPR received a points deduction, would you be happy getting Norwich promoted that way?

Lambert: (Smiling) Of course I would. Anybody would.

PL meant what he said, but it was also good to see him smiling. You don''t see it often.

BBC: "QPR could be docked points before the end of the season as the FA wants to avoid any doubt over who is promoted."Sounds good to me. Regardless of the breach of the 3rd party ownership rules, they''re probably going to lose 10 points simply for the use of an unlicensed agent. Luton was docked 10 points simply for such a breach in 2008.If you then add that to the 18 points others are saying....that would be rather ......nice? And it couldn''t happen to a nicer guy than Warnock.. [;)]

If this points deduction does happen, I wonder what it would feel like if you were a QPR fan? Late in the season, your team looking a dead cert for automatic promotion by a comfortable margin and then suddenly finding yourself just one of the chasing pack in the play-off places, or even worse. It would be fantastic for us, mind you!

I would fall off my chair at least three times laughing. QPR fans would have every right to be infuriated and should be given full authority to slash the tires of Paladini''s car and piss down his leg while he''s standing at the bus stop.Truly an outrageous way to see your club miss out on promotion. But from my perspective, fully deserved. If you can''t do it right, don''t do it. It''ll ALWAYS come round to bite you in the arse.

[quote user="Canarino"]If this points deduction does happen, I wonder what it would feel like if you were a QPR fan? Late in the season, your team looking a dead cert for automatic promotion by a comfortable margin and then suddenly finding yourself just one of the chasing pack in the play-off places, or even worse. It would be fantastic for us, mind you![/quote]I would be sick as a pig, if I were a QPR fan.However, if it means we get promoted then I would be more than mildly pleased.

Didn''t Sheff Utd win the case v West Ham in the end. (Maybe out of court settlement).

So if the FA don''t deduct points, does the team in 3rd get to sue the QPR along with each of the play off teams?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canarino"]If this points deduction does happen, I wonder what it would feel like if you were a QPR fan? Late in the season, your team looking a dead cert for automatic promotion by a comfortable margin and then suddenly finding yourself just one of the chasing pack in the play-off places, or even worse. It would be fantastic for us, mind you![/quote]

I would be sick as a pig, if I were a QPR fan.

However, if it means we get promoted then I would be more than mildly pleased.
[/quote]

Ricardo, perhaps this is what you meant all along when you said, "QPR are gone." [:D]

[quote user="Baracouda"]Didn''t Sheff Utd win the case v West Ham in the end. (Maybe out of court settlement).

So if the FA don''t deduct points, does the team in 3rd get to sue the QPR along with each of the play off teams?[/quote]You''re absolutely right Baracouda. Sheff Utd. won a suite against West Ham for £20 million, I believe which was paid out at £5 million a season.The FA are desperate to avoid such a fiasco again. My opinion: The FA are gonna hit them hard, to prove a point.

[quote user="Baracouda"]Didn''t Sheff Utd win the case v West Ham in the end. (Maybe out of court settlement).

So if the FA don''t deduct points, does the team in 3rd get to sue the QPR along with each of the play off teams?[/quote]Note sure what all that was about, but let''s try again:Correct, Sheff Utd sued West Ham and won for 20 million quid.The FA are desperate to avoid such a fiasco again. My opinion: The FA are gonna hit them hard, to prove a point.

Just been listening to a QPR journo who has been close to the club for the past 25 years. He said he''s been speaking to people high up in the game since the news broke about the FA''s 7 charges.

The journo, whose name I can''t remember, said that the most likely outcome will be a very large fine, but no points deduction.