Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Blackpool's Rob Edwards touted as the experienced replacement

According to the Sun and the Mirror. Good, solid centre half, played a good role in Blackpool''s last few seasons. Just the sort of player we need, IMO.

Would be the most likely cantidate at the moment seeing as Lambert did say the defender coming in would provide cover for the other two.

Was captain for Blackpool under Simon Grayson and played a part in their promotion campaign, so he knows what it takes to get out of this league.

Good signing in my opinion.

Link here, doesn''t say much but I think it''s realistic....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Norwich-to-swipe-Blackpool-s-Rob-Edwards-from-under-Derby-noses-article701319.html

[quote user="Gazza"]Underwhelmed if this is the case, how much do we want this opportunity?. Feel there are better options out there for sure................[/quote]

He is a quality player highly rated at Blackpool.

Nelson was not rated enough no or Lambert would have kept him, at best our fourth choice centre back hence him being released. Gabbidon would be a far better option and if we have serious ambition to push on players of this calibre should be on our radar if we want to mantain our improvement over the last 19 months....

[quote user="whoareyou"]It''s not just a case of who we want, Gazza, but also who we can afford and who we can actually get.[/quote]

Would have thought if fringe premier players are available we wouldn''t have too much trouble attracting them here for a couple of months plus we know we have the funds available

But this is a short term loan deal.

Lambert and McNally will want to be cautious with the money we do have. If we fail to go up £3million (rumoured amount) is quite a sum in this league to be able to spend on players especially if they are only looking at two or three quality signings.

Yes we should get in players capable of continuing the push for the premiership but Ward and Whitbread are playing well. We have Askou as well if we need additional backup as well as whoever we sign on loan.

I don''t think they will be in a hurry to splash the cash unless it is really worthwhile in terms of a match-winning player.

I guess the question now is will we search for a loan striker after the setback of C.Martin''s injury? For those who feel slightly dissapointed at the prospect of Edwards''s instead of a bigger name, I would rather we spend more money on a loan striker than defender; fingers crossed Lambert will get someone in

[quote user="Gazza"]Underwhelmed if this is the case, how much do we want this opportunity?. Feel there are better options out there for sure................[/quote]

I think your comments are serious and not a wind up. I would suggest Edwards would be welcomed by most clubs in the championship and the reason we can afford Edwards is because of Blackpools wages policy. And of course our current centre halves are so good we have managed 2 clean sheets in our last 20 games ( not meant as a criticism to our centre halves just showing your comments about Edwards are not well informed )

He may not be a ''name'', but he knows the Chump inside out. He was with Wolves before then and started off with Villa. Good tidy player.

Now for the striker. Come on down Ched or Cox please.

"small time Norwich mentality strikes again d''oh! "

small brain Norwich fan mentality, more like

[quote user="Gazza"]We have the cash to do it or where have you been for the last few weeks?!, small time Norwich mentality strikes again d''oh![/quote]You''re not actually for real are you? Please tell me your comments are a wind-up?

I.S./Lambert is King et al I bow down to your superior knowledge if he is a success, IMO we can do better if that doesnt sit well with you well tough!

Amazing that all you guys can make a presumption on seeing this world beater on what one or two occasions..........

He''s been brought in as back up, honestly did people really think someone like Sol Campbell was going to come in as backup?, we needed someone who was decent enough without rocking the boat.

"Amazing that all you guys can make a presumption on seeing this world beater on what one or two occasions.........."

You don''t sound too bright, are you from suffolk by any chance ?

It is you making the presumptions, not the rest of us.

You who are judging this chap BEFORE he has played.

You who are making presumptions on the club''s ''ambitions''.

Assumptions based, not on any reasoned knowledge of who Lambert has attempted to sign or on what funds are available, but on your own halfwitted guesses.

So here''s a suggestion. Maybe "our improvement over the last 19 months" is down to the boards judgement and Lamberts management rather than any witless drivel from you - so why not trust them rather than cluttering up this forum with your infantile squeaks ?

[quote user="Gazza"]If he was that highly rated he would be playing would''nt he?...........[/quote]

Dion on late kick off seemed really excited about us signing him, said he played with him at Villa and he''s an excellent player who will do a great job for us.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Gazza"]If he was that highly rated he would be playing would''nt he?...........[/quote]

Dion on late kick off seemed really excited about us signing him, said he played with him at Villa and he''s an excellent player who will do a great job for us.

[/quote]

And what would he know??

Blimey, you''ll be quoting people like Paul Lambert next!!

This is little ol'' Norwich once again. I shouldn''t be surprised if he wasn''t personally selected by the cook!

At least Roeder brought in people from proper clubs like Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea!

Blackpool''s reserve?? Where''s the ambition in that!! [:@]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

And what would he know??

Blimey, you''ll be quoting people like Paul Lambert next!!

This is little ol'' Norwich once again. I shouldn''t be surprised if he wasn''t personally selected by the cook!

At least Roeder brought in people from proper clubs like Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea!

Blackpool''s reserve?? Where''s the ambition in that!! [:@]

[Y]

And well said City1st too. RE has been there and done it, more than good enough at this level but i feel for Gazza that we didn''t bring Baresi or Maldini out of retirement... Delia must try harder next time

[/quote]