Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Which Current City Player....

...Were You Most Like When You Played??

I would have to be surman. I was very poor in the air and never went up for headers. I was also very weak in the tackle and avoided tackles whenever possible.

I was the type who liked to get the ball on the ground and pass it about and as a ef tfooter occasionally went down thhe line to whip in a cross.

Jon Parkin for me. Massive fat bastard who just shoves defenders away, before powering a shot well over the bar! [:)]

The skill of Andy Hughes,the fitness of John Hartson and the goal-scoring trait of Jamie Cureton.

I wouldn''t compare myself to any current city players, although I''d probably say I''m more like McDonalds, fast and pacey, not very strong but can do the business [;)]

Thought the post was titled, "Which current city player.."  Anyway I,d have to be Drury, bow legged and liked to have a long break from work, and scores once every five yrs.

[quote user="Planet X"]Thought the post was titled, "Which current city player.."  Anyway I,d have to be Drury, bow legged and liked to have a long break from work, and scores once every five yrs.

[/quote][:D]

There is no current NCFC player anything like my previous playing style. That means if I was 18 to 30 nowadays I really would be able to ''offer something different''. Hey-Ho what a shame...

Physically like Russell Martin, I played wide right; able to cut in and shoot with a very good left foot. Never had the engine to go box-to-box so reverted to central back four and enjoyed playing there.

PS: Love the response from Planet X!

Grant Holt for me, 6ft 2, old fashioned centre forward, hardly ever one anything in the air ( a bit of a 50 pence head !) but loved the argy bargy part of it and used to get plenty of free kicks. Unfortunately my eye for goal wasn''t as good as his! Although I did have 2 profilic seasons as top scorer (when I used to be able to run).

John Ruddy because we both seem to sprint wildly off our line. The difference is Ruddy is actually a good goalkeeper and has the sense to only do this when celebrating a goal. I tend to actually do this in open play!

[quote user="Planet X"]Thought the post was titled, "Which current city player.." 

[/quote]

Fair point,but luckily we don''t have any crappy players at the moment[Y]

Wes Hoolahan, except i''m ridiculously right footed, I''m only ever effective in a team playing his type of role, not quite quick enough or defensive enough to be a wideman, too small and lightweight to play CM.

However my eye for a throughball is pretty decent if I do say so myself.

I''m useless at playing footy, never played for a team (except the school side for 2 years), BUT, I am fairly good at passing and have good vision to pick out a pass (unfortunately they don''t always work out how I planned it!), so I''d probably say Fox. I''m short, and so hopeless in the air (get laughed at if I even attempt a header!), and am not brilliant in the tackle (I used to shy away from them, but now i''ll try and get ''stuck in''!), but as I said, i like to pass it round, so Fox for me! (Coincidently he has turned into one of favourite City players recently, he was ace vs Reading with his passing)

Still playing, and of the current crop I''m probably a Surman (apart from being right-footed). Will take set pieces, have a decent touch and a little skill, decent shot and passing, prepared to shoot. Also useless in the air and not very quick.

Of former players, I always wanted to be like Ian Crook.

Whenever i played full back i was another version of Michael Nelson. Liked to attack set pieces (Never got anywhere though) and got stuck in. Either i won the ball or i brought them down. Never got booked so did something right!

John Ruddy when i play in goal. A bit haphazard with crosses as i''m not the tallest in the world so it''s quite tough. But shot stopping was usually better than crosses! Plus no matter how loud i shouted no bugger would listen to me!