Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

The most mental ncfc goal celebration you can remember?

What would your greatest memory be so far? For me it would have to be Iwan in cardiff play off final. Will never forget that feeling of sheer euphoria still sends shivers down the spine when i re-watch it. Something tells me a similar thing could happen at wembley in May but with the right outcome this time :-)

Probably my first away game, at Ipswich a few years ago. Malky Mackay scored for us in about the 80th min. They equalised 10 mins later though :(

[quote user="Buckethead"]Bruces winner against the Binners in the ''85 semi final.

[/quote]Agree with that.[img]http://bluestar.archant.net/PinkUn/Wallpaper/Classic/BruceIpswich1280.jpg[/img]

Drury''s header to equalise right at the death v Boro was amazing (for those still there!) From 1-4 to 4-4 in 10 minutes was very special.

Ashton and McKenzie scoring v Man Utd the same season. Those were great celebrations.

Rooney on the pitch for a couple of minutes before being booked by Howard Webb! (One of the best non-scoring celebrations I can remember).

Hucks'' goal v Cardiff the season we won the league. Collected the ball in our own half, left the defenders in front of him in his wake, one by one, and finished so clinically. Cue the roof being blown off.

Boxing Day 2003 - most emotional celebration as Hucks was introduced as our very own player for the first time. Grown men (and women, of course!) with tears in their eyes. Won''t ever forget that in a hurry! (THE best non-scoring memory for me).

Any goals against the Binmen. They''re are all mental celebrations. Malky''s double was very sweet!

[quote user="susie b"]Drury''s header to equalise right at the death v Boro was amazing (for those still there!) From 1-4 to 4-4 in 10 minutes was very special. Ashton and McKenzie scoring v Man Utd the same season. Those were great celebrations. Rooney on the pitch for a couple of minutes before being booked by Howard Webb! (One of the best non-scoring celebrations I can remember). Hucks'' goal v Cardiff the season we won the league. Collected the ball in our own half, left the defenders in front of him in his wake, one by one, and finished so clinically. Cue the roof being blown off. Boxing Day 2003 - most emotional celebration as Hucks was introduced as our very own player for the first time. Grown men (and women, of course!) with tears in their eyes. Won''t ever forget that in a hurry! (THE best non-scoring memory for me). Any goals against the Binmen. They''re are all mental celebrations. Malky''s double was very sweet![/quote]

Same here.I was looning out on my own because loads had left early.

The equalizer against Burnley at home was a great jump about as well[Y]

Both Ashton and Mckenzie against United were pretty crazy.

Iwan in the playoff final was one of those where we thought we''d done it so went mental.

Safri''s goal against Newcastle just for the sheer shock of where he''d scored from.

Holt''s and Wes''s goals against Ipswich last year were mental as are most goals where we take the lead against them!

Rusty''s title winning goal last season against Gillingham wasn''t as mental but was great

Non-Goals - Hucks signing was brilliant; and when the news came in at The Stadium of Light that Stoke had beaten West Brom 4-2 meaning although we''d lost 1-0 the Division 1 title was ours - that was pretty special!

Main ones that i can think of at the moment!

Steve Bruce against the scum in 86th minute of the Milk Cup semi final 2nd leg 1985 or either of our 2 goals away to Bayern Munich in 1993.

Mine is a tie between Goss at home against Bayern Munich.  Never before or after have I heard such noise at Carrow Rd.Tied with that is Iwan in the play off final.  Went mental and kneed my mate in a very sensitive area.  So he had to celbrate the goal in a massive amount of pain.

would say Steve Bruce in 1985 against The Scum,

Keith Bertchin''s equaliser away to Sheff Weds when we got promoted, people were popping bottles of Champagne,oh how football has changed,

And would have to mention Nellie away to Charlton last season to clinch promotion, completely mental.

Not for the actual significance but purely because I had a stinking cold at the time, was the late winner against Milwall this season. Forgot about the cold and was jumping around and cheering so much that when it all simmered down, I realised I was in all sorts of trouble. Thought I might need an ambulance at one point.

It wasn''t the highest profile game but last February when we played Southend at home and Oli Johnson scored in the last minute with that diving header at the River End. We were 1-0 down in a game we had to win to keep up the pressure at the top. Oli scored on about 80 mins to make it 1-1 and then popped up in injury time. Quote a few in the lower Barclay where I was were filing out and there was a bit of a slide down the stairs. I think most fans thought that was a key turning point in City''s eventual promotion!!

Like a few others, it would be Bruce''s goal in the Milk Cup semi-final 2nd leg.  I was in the Barclay, somewhere near the middle.  The surge forward was amazing.  Pity the poor sods at the front!

The 4th against Ipswich was pretty special for me, Just the sheer shock a day could go so sweetly!

One of two for me.Somehow I ended up in the South stand for the home match v Bayern. I was sat near an aisle, about 8 rows back from Efan Ekoku. Goss scored and mayhem ensued. I "came round" to find myself looking up the steps at Efan, screaming at the top of my voice.It''s either this or after John Polsten''s winner versus Aston Villa, 85th minute or whatever it was. That took us top and the celebration was mental.

Seen a few of the big goals Sir Gordon''s, Jerry Goss Home and Away, Iwan''s but for me Polston''s at the River End, because I actually believed we were going to win the league when that went in.

Then Utd rolled in and tore up the dream in 20 minutes, that game was as defining a moment for Ferguson as the Robin''s goal.

I have 2 ... the first being Martin O''Neils free kick winner against the scum at Portaloo Rd because its the first time I had seen us win there (always got beat or drew previously) and Adrian Coot''s equaliser against Stockport away on a cold midweek night .. not because it was a good goal but because it followed that 5-O thrashing we had off the scum at the weekend and was last minute giving us a 2 - 2 draw coming back from 2 nil down.