Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Bristol City game moved to a Monday night

Bloody Sky!! That''s a defeat and a red card for us then.

Leave us alone Sky, we don''t want your help.

[quote user="Duffman"]Bloody Sky!! That''s a defeat and a red card for us then. Leave us alone Sky, we don''t want your help.[/quote]

Better get used to it - think of all those crap timings for games we are going to get if we get promoted!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Bloody Sky!! That''s a defeat and a red card for us then. Leave us alone Sky, we don''t want your help.[/quote]

Better get used to it - think of all those crap timings for games we are going to get if we get promoted!

[/quote]

I would imagine that (if) we get promoted, we won''t get too many games on tv. We''d have to be a real surprise package to draw that sort of attention. Does anyone know what the split is between the teams and how many games they get?

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]It''s a catch 22, promotion to the Premiership; increased revenue and exposure with games being shifted willy nilly at the expense and inconvienience of the supporters

why wouldnt we get many games? we did in 2004, Chelsea home, man u away, man u home, everton h, liverpool h, bolton a, newcastle a, fulham a, arsenal h, man city a, man city h dunno if i have missed any!!!

It''s great for me, off to a wedding that Saturday and would be missing my first home league match! As it is, I''ll be missing the next one as out in Australia, but never mind!

[quote user="paul moy"]Brilliant news for supporters that can''t get to many games.[/quote]

You wouldn''t be saying that if you still had your season ticket Paul and had to get up from Berkshire on a Monday evening!  [:D]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Brilliant news for supporters that can''t get to many games.[/quote]

You wouldn''t be saying that if you still had your season ticket Paul and had to get up from Berkshire on a Monday evening!  [:D]

[/quote]

I''d travel during the early part of the day, Lord Horn [:D]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]It''s great for me, off to a wedding that Saturday and would be missing my first home league match! As it is, I''ll be missing the next one as out in Australia, but never mind!
[/quote]

You''ve just made me wonder about our fellow canary that was in Brisbane at Xmas. I hope all is well with him bearing in mind the recent flood disaster.  

[quote user="baldyboy"]why wouldnt we get many games? we did in 2004, Chelsea home, man u away, man u home, everton h, liverpool h, bolton a, newcastle a, fulham a, arsenal h, man city a, man city h dunno if i have missed any!!![/quote]Tottenham away!

[quote user="barclayendstand"][quote user="baldyboy"]why wouldnt we get many games? we did in 2004, Chelsea home, man u away, man u home, everton h, liverpool h, bolton a, newcastle a, fulham a, arsenal h, man city a, man city h dunno if i have missed any!!!
[/quote]Tottenham away!
[/quote]

... and I watched Southampton away in a pub in Dublin [:P] 

Our TV hoodoo mainly revolves around away games. Our home record on TV has been pretty good in recent years. It just feels bad because Sky keep putting us on TV when we play away. Last season for example we were away for every league game on TV, MK Dons, Leeds, Tranmere. Even Paulton and Carlisle cup games were away.

[quote user="Duffman"]Bloody Sky!! That''s a defeat and a red card for us then. Leave us alone Sky, we don''t want your help.[/quote] erm.... norwich 4 binners1. nuff said

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Duffman"]Bloody Sky!! That''s a defeat and a red card for us then. Leave us alone Sky, we don''t want your help.[/quote] erm.... norwich 4 binners1. nuff said[/quote]

That was BBC. nuff said

canary_girl, I do sincerly apologise for using the same nom de plume as you, I hadn`t noticed my mistake. Would you like me to change mine?

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]Our TV hoodoo mainly revolves around away games. Our home record on TV has been pretty good in recent years. It just feels bad because Sky keep putting us on TV when we play away. Last season for example we were away for every league game on TV, MK Dons, Leeds, Tranmere. Even Paulton and Carlisle cup games were away.[/quote]It''s true we get put on TV away more often than at home, but Plymouth in 2005/06 and Ipswich in 2008/09 are the only two home games I remember us winning on Sky since the Prem season. As for defeats - Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday, Reading, Sunderland and Watford spring to mind.

[quote user="canarygirl"]canary_girl, I do sincerly apologise for using the same nom de plume as you, I hadn`t noticed my mistake. Would you like me to change mine?[/quote]

Hey thats ok, and I don''t mind, it''s completely up to you [:)]

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

I''d travel during the early part of the day, Lord Horn [:D]

[/quote]

Oh yes, I forgot you were a man of leisure! [:)]

[quote user="canarygirl"]Ok thankyou,[/quote]

Will the real CanaryGirl please reveal herself!! (Oooh errrr missus) [:D]