Sign in to follow this  
morty

All things considered...

I am actually very proud to be a City fan tonight. Lambert talks about heart and passion, and we saw it is spadefuls for 45 minutes tonight.Under previous managers that would have gone on to be a cricket score.The ref is still a tw@ though.

We did very well to keep a point really, shame we didn''t get one lucky break in the second half like we did in the first....

(But cricket scores? more often than not, teams that go down to 10 men, including us probably, i can''t remember an example, quite often hold on to the game....)

Now I''ve calmed down (a little) I can''t actually believe that the referee allowoed us to get a point out of that, so we''ve got to be happy with that in the end.

He even played 6 mins at the end instead 4, it looked as though it was going to be a ''play ''til your score situation''

Before kick off I would have taken a point so it''s not all that bad.  However the ref has cost us 2 points and in this league 2 points can mean a lot.

[quote user="morty"]I am actually very proud to be a City fan tonight. Lambert talks about heart and passion, and we saw it is spadefuls for 45 minutes tonight.

Under previous managers that would have gone on to be a cricket score.

The ref is still a tw@ though.
[/quote]

You''re bang on morty, but getting shafted like that still rankels with me.

I think the last few minutes on Sky there showed us a big difference between our current manager and "nice little old Norwich" Worthington. Worthy said we were hard done by with the sending off but was more interested in heaping praise on Reading for their comeback, all very lovely and sporting. I know he''s nothing to do with us now but I could just hear him saying similar things had he been in the dugout today. PL meanwhile was standing up for his feelings and those of the fans. He''ll probably get a touchline ban and a handsome fine, but I don''t care. Good on him for telling it as it is, whilst at the same time managing not to go completely over the top.

Sliding down the table... Am wondering if this is the turning point to our season.....

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Sliding down the table... Am wondering if this is the turning point to our season.....[/quote]No, the battling point will further galvanise the team ethic, and Grant''s card will be overturned.Cup half full old bean.[;)]

Yes as the game went on you have to say it was a good point from a brave rearguard effort. Once it settled down a bit after they equalised i thought to myself we would hold on for a point. Prior to PL you would have expected us to lose the game.

Will the red card be overturned, well yes it should be, but it''s the FA we''re dealing with here and don''t they ask the ref to look at it again, in which case we''re stuffed!

Very impressed with PL as well after, quite open to talk to Sky but did bite his tongue a bit but got his point over

A really good point Northluck C.

Managers very rarely back one that''s succeeded them at a club.

I thought Worthington was poor tonight he looked disappointed that we held on for a point.

Agree Morty, I''m also proud to be a Norwich fan tonight, loving this never give up attitude that Lambert has installed in them.

It''s weird feeling like this about our team, I mean I have always loved NCFC but in recent times I always expect the very worst, under Mr Lambert if things don''t go our way at least I know we had a go and had a guy on the sidelines who gives a monkeys about every free kick, tackle and wrong decision, for me I''m super proud.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Sliding down the table... Am wondering if this is the turning point to our season.....
[/quote]

1 win in 7 now so we are certainly not in form.

As for will his red card be overturned?  It wouldn''t supirse me if it wasn''t.  This is the FA and Norwich we are talking about here, if we were in the top 4 of the Prem then it would be 100% but we are not so it probably won''t.  It definately should be overturned though.

Are you Selwyn in disguise?

With the 11 we had out there tonight we would probably have one by 4 or 5.  

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]Me?I agree with you. But we didn''t have 11, did we? Which is kind of my point.[:|]

Proud of ''em tonight, Holt back on form - Lambert has gelled together a team full of spirit, pride and passion. As for the ref  - !!??****#####!??**!!??

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Sliding down the table... Am wondering if this is the turning point to our season.....[/quote]No, the battling point will further galvanise the team ethic, and Grant''s card will be overturned.Cup half full old bean.[;)][/quote]I wouldn''t be so sure of that Morty.

Unless the ref says that he got it wrong, which is unlikely in my opinion then the decision will not be rescinded.  It was after all a foul where Holty was yards away from making any contact with the ball.  Yes there was no malice and the challenge was a weak one.  But I seriously doubt that the ref will be owning up to anything and given that we were in control 3-1 up at the time, this is why I think it was a seriously stupid challenge for our captain to make.  Maybe a couple of games on the bench will make him learn his lesson?

Smudger, Harte pushed the ball away from himself though, Holt had stopped running really, and then started again....I don''t think it was that stupid...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Sliding down the table... Am wondering if this is the turning point to our season.....[/quote]No, the battling point will further galvanise the team ethic, and Grant''s card will be overturned.Cup half full old bean.[;)][/quote]I''m not so sure...Letting games slip... Holty missing and a Lambert touchline ban. If we start losing instead of drawing, the ensuing pack will overhaul us in no time and down the league we go....Unusual for me to feel so negative.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Sliding down the table... Am wondering if this is the turning point to our season.....[/quote]No, the battling point will further galvanise the team ethic, and Grant''s card will be overturned.Cup half full old bean.[;)][/quote]I''m not so sure...Letting games slip... Holty missing and a Lambert touchline ban. If we start losing instead of drawing, the ensuing pack will overhaul us in no time and down the league we go....Unusual for me to feel so negative.Indeed it is Cluck, how about a little lie down and a cup of green tea just to clear your head like.[/quote]

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Sliding down the table... Am wondering if this is the turning point to our season.....[/quote]No, the battling point will further galvanise the team ethic, and Grant''s card will be overturned.Cup half full old bean.[;)][/quote]I''m not so sure...Letting games slip... Holty missing and a Lambert touchline ban. If we start losing instead of drawing, the ensuing pack will overhaul us in no time and down the league we go....Unusual for me to feel so negative.Indeed it is Cluck, how about a little lie down and a cup of green tea just to clear your head like.[/quote][/quote]I''m lying down.... had a cup of tea and my head is clearing.Marvellous.   [;)]

[quote user="Twitchy"]There you go lad it can''t get much better can it?[/quote][:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

Me?

I agree with you. But we didn''t have 11, did we? Which is kind of my point.

[:|]
[/quote]

No, no, Morty, not you, I totally agree with your original comment.

I was referring to the buffoons on here saying that we should have won it tonight and that we''re in poor form, etc. What planet are they on?  

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="morty"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]Me?I agree with you. But we didn''t have 11, did we? Which is kind of my point.[:|][/quote]

No, no, Morty, not you, I totally agree with your original comment.

I was referring to the buffoons on here saying that we should have won it tonight and that we''re in poor form, etc. What planet are they on?  

[/quote]Ah right, got ya [Y]

I make it two posts on this thread not being very complimentary towards Mr.Worthington and no sign of Nutty as yet.Still once he finds some loose connection to NCISA no doubt he will pop up.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I make it two posts on this thread not being very complimentary towards Mr.Worthington and no sign of Nutty as yet.Still once he finds some loose connection to NCISA no doubt he will pop up.[;)]

[/quote]You make a good point Tilly. Would NCISA have had a half-time commitee meeting to decide what substitutions to make and what formation to go with in the second half?

Not a bad idea come to think of it.

LAMBERT OUT!! [:S]