Sign in to follow this  
morty

All things considered...

I have actually Lol''ed while reading this thread. Buts this is what I love about NCFC - it ignites passion in people. No one is right or wrong, its healthy to debate. A wise man once said to me "Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and thinks everyone elses stink more than their own"

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Thanks for the lecture, irrelevant to my post as it was. Or I think it was because I didn''t read it. I never read a post I have decided not to agree with. As you seem confused by what I''ve said, given that you''ve spent several paragraphs defending yourself against things I haven''t accused you of , I know you addressed those paragraphs to other posters too, but I''m so far up my own arris I only saw my name. Because my opinion is so important and I''m so patronising I''ll spell it out for you so that everyone can see what a smartarse I am. I think ex City players from less well paid times should be given as much opportunity to improve their income as possible. And my new found concern for ex players happily coincides with increasing NCISA membership. Do you agree? Alternatively you may well feel that such people just have to lose out if it means you getting the chip off your shoulder, because that would be a bridge too far. I know best about what everyone thinks you know. Nobody could possibly think that the £5 could be used to cover costs with the excess going to the ex players fund. They think what I want them to think and even if they didn''t they it woulkd be beneath me to debate it. I''m not going to break confidences on here, but I''ll have you know I''m so important that I exchange PM''s with other posters and if you still can''t get your head round it I suggest you ask your good friend The Great Drinkell (how ironic) to forward you the PM I sent him last week. Because he now knows how important I am.

Generally I find you slightly wacky but fundamentally harmless, although you do seem to see the forum as your personal fiefdom. I think anybody who doesn''t agree with me is a cretin really but I like to appear conciliatory for my image. This time your obsession is helping to screw over one of my heroes, so please feel free to patronise, dissemble and generally misdirect, but realise that there is a world beyond this message board where your noble quest is doing real damage to a City great. I thought I''d make that last bit up but reading it back I''m really impressed with myself.

Don''t -  I - just - love - me!

(From Beauseants pile of patronising and pompous posts)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Nutty, original as ever. Now that you''ve done such a comprehensive job of showing yourself up I can move onto more important issues, although feel free to chuck a few more childish insults at me if you think it will make you feel better, and of course, it''s part of the forum rules that you must have the last post on any thread you take part in.. I''ll explain to Kevin that your determined efforts to keep people away from his evening are because you love the club so much. I''m sure he''ll understand, particularly when I explain to him that Ncisa (rather than Delia) sacked your beloved Worthy and tricked you into freely turning up at St Andrews Hall and taking part in a vote of no confidence in the way the club was being run without telling you that this actually meant the owners and (because they were the same people) two thirds of the then board, and that you would NEVER join a pressure group but are happy to try to pressurise people into boycotting a social event, because in Nutty land you can be all things to all people.

A small point, but one mans'' thread derailment is another mans'' "keeping the thread at the top of the page".  I won''t be going (I''m sure you''ll all be astounded to find this out), but I wouldn''t have been aware of the original post if it had just slipped down the thread order - I''m sure other people would have been the same.I think the word that beauseant and nutty are trying so very hard to find is, well, sorry ?  You''ve tried most of the other words between you, and they don''t appear to have worked...

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Thanks for the lecture, irrelevant to my post as it was. Or I think it was because I didn''t read it. I never read a post I have decided not to agree with. As you seem confused by what I''ve said, given that you''ve spent several paragraphs defending yourself against things I haven''t accused you of , I know you addressed those paragraphs to other posters too, but I''m so far up my own arris I only saw my name. Because my opinion is so important and I''m so patronising I''ll spell it out for you so that everyone can see what a smartarse I am. I think ex City players from less well paid times should be given as much opportunity to improve their income as possible. And my new found concern for ex players happily coincides with increasing NCISA membership. Do you agree? Alternatively you may well feel that such people just have to lose out if it means you getting the chip off your shoulder, because that would be a bridge too far. I know best about what everyone thinks you know. Nobody could possibly think that the £5 could be used to cover costs with the excess going to the ex players fund. They think what I want them to think and even if they didn''t they it woulkd be beneath me to debate it. I''m not going to break confidences on here, but I''ll have you know I''m so important that I exchange PM''s with other posters and if you still can''t get your head round it I suggest you ask your good friend The Great Drinkell (how ironic) to forward you the PM I sent him last week. Because he now knows how important I am.

Generally I find you slightly wacky but fundamentally harmless, although you do seem to see the forum as your personal fiefdom. I think anybody who doesn''t agree with me is a cretin really but I like to appear conciliatory for my image. This time your obsession is helping to screw over one of my heroes, so please feel free to patronise, dissemble and generally misdirect, but realise that there is a world beyond this message board where your noble quest is doing real damage to a City great. I thought I''d make that last bit up but reading it back I''m really impressed with myself.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Nutty, original as ever. Now that you''ve done such a comprehensive job of showing yourself up I can move onto more important issues, although feel free to chuck a few more childish insults at me if you think it will make you feel better, and of course, it''s part of the forum rules that you must have the last post on any thread you take part in.. I''ll explain to Kevin that your determined efforts to keep people away from his evening are because you love the club so much. I''m sure he''ll understand, particularly when I explain to him that Ncisa (rather than Delia) sacked your beloved Worthy and tricked you into freely turning up at St Andrews Hall and taking part in a vote of no confidence in the way the club was being run without telling you that this actually meant the owners and (because they were the same people) two thirds of the then board, and that you would NEVER join a pressure group but are happy to try to pressurise people into boycotting a social event, because in Nutty land you can be all things to all people.

[/quote]

Something tells me that there may well be the predictable response from you know who Beau but at least he has not tried to get The Butler involved yet.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

OK Beaus, make your mind up, you either want to trade childish insults or you don''t. I don''t mind debating more important issues with anyone but like wise, if a poster wants to make it personal you can bet I''ll give some back too. So which is it? Because this post is confusing me.

To answer your points: -

I have made no efforts, determined or otherwise, to keep people away from the Drinkell evening.

My issue is not and never was with the sacking of Worthy but with the nasty, vindictive and hatefilled campaign against one of my heros.

I can still see the difference between owning the club and running it. I''m sure you can too if you''re honest.

I would never join a pressure group because I don''t believe I know more about managing the club than the manager, running the club than the CE and owning a club than the owners. I believe this role, as some kind of watchdog group for the fans, taking issue with decisions made by people at the club who are aware of all the circumstances, serves no purpose and could be dangerous and cause divisions between the club and the fans.

Once again I have never pressurised anyone into boycotting anything to do with the football club. I have never waived petitions in peoples faces as they enter the ground. I have never withdrawn my support to the club because I didn''t agree with something they did. And I keep my opinions on such matters on the messageboard where they can do no harm.

Now I haven''t mixed in any personal insults. I will make the first move to take the childishness out. You can either respond to my points or chuck some more insults my way, I''m easy.

I agree that the ''passion'' Lambert has instilled in these players was the difference last year and continues to be so this year. As long as they can keep playing like this the results will come. Hardly sliding down the table when we are joint 6th place on points, having played one more away game. OTBC!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Something tells me that there may well be the predictable response from you know who Beau but at least he has not tried to get The Butler involved yet.

[/quote]

Now then Tilly old boy. I used to work with a guy like you. We used to go out on a Friday night and this guy used to start a fight. He would then disappear for a while during "the action" only to return later behaving like "butter wouldn''t melt"!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]If I may interject here.... this drivel really does speak volumes with regards to groups like the NCISA and those involved in them.To me it''s clear that this is all about petty minded entrenched views and one-upmanship... and as long as this kind of prattle continues none of you will ever be taken seriously. Where is the dignity in this?I was beginning to soften my opinion of the NCISA slightly.... but it''s seems like very little will change until there is a clearout of mindsets and a grown up review of what such a group actually stands for.... and where it is going.Try to remember that the NCISA is simply a self appointed group of self important power freaks. The NCISA is neither necessary nor needed.... so given that situation.... I suggest you take a long hard look at the petty hairsplitting going on on here and ask yourselves whether any of you are suitable to represent the wellbeing of the club....or it''s supporters.Well done for supporting Kevin Drinkell... and for the removal of the cynical ''must join the NCISA to come'' aspect. The way forward and the method to increase membership is not by using back door initiatives..... it is by deeds.I for one will be keeping my hand firmly in my pocket for the forseeable future.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I may interject here.... this drivel really does speak volumes with regards to groups like the NCISA and those involved in them.

To me it''s clear that this is all about petty minded entrenched views and one-upmanship... and as long as this kind of prattle continues none of you will ever be taken seriously. Where is the dignity in this?

I was beginning to soften my opinion of the NCISA slightly.... but it''s seems like very little will change until there is a clearout of mindsets and a grown up review of what such a group actually stands for.... and where it is going.

Try to remember that the NCISA is simply a self appointed group of self important power freaks. The NCISA is neither necessary nor needed.... so given that situation.... I suggest you take a long hard look at the petty hairsplitting going on on here and ask yourselves whether any of you are suitable to represent the wellbeing of the club....or it''s supporters.

Well done for supporting Kevin Drinkell... and for the removal of the cynical ''must join the NCISA to come'' aspect. The way forward and the method to increase membership is not by using back door initiatives..... it is by deeds.

I for one will be keeping my hand firmly in my pocket for the forseeable future.

[/quote]

Christ on a bike...that''s two posts in as many days that I almost completely agree with Cluck!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

OK Beaus, make your mind up, you either want to trade childish insults or you don''t. I don''t mind debating more important issues with anyone but like wise, if a poster wants to make it personal you can bet I''ll give some back too. So which is it? Because this post is confusing me.

To answer your points: -

I have made no efforts, determined or otherwise, to keep people away from the Drinkell evening.

My issue is not and never was with the sacking of Worthy but with the nasty, vindictive and hatefilled campaign against one of my heros.

I can still see the difference between owning the club and running it. I''m sure you can too if you''re honest.

I would never join a pressure group because I don''t believe I know more about managing the club than the manager, running the club than the CE and owning a club than the owners. I believe this role, as some kind of watchdog group for the fans, taking issue with decisions made by people at the club who are aware of all the circumstances, serves no purpose and could be dangerous and cause divisions between the club and the fans.

Once again I have never pressurised anyone into boycotting anything to do with the football club. I have never waived petitions in peoples faces as they enter the ground. I have never withdrawn my support to the club because I didn''t agree with something they did. And I keep my opinions on such matters on the messageboard where they can do no harm.

Now I haven''t mixed in any personal insults. I will make the first move to take the childishness out. You can either respond to my points or chuck some more insults my way, I''m easy.

[/quote]

Nutty, I don''t take anything on this board terribly seriously and I look forward to our next drink together[B]as always.

We will never agree on a lot of things but we''ve both expressed our opinions and that, after all, is what a forum is about. I think you''re wrong on a number of issues, you think I''m wrong, c''est la vie. Banging our heads together is a waste of everyone''s time and I''m sure, like me, you''ve got better things to do.

Now that we have changed the entry requirements for the forum as per your suggestion I trust that you will now join me in encouraging as many as people as possible to attend the evening to help Drinks sell some books?

[quote user="Beauseant"][

Nutty, I don''t take anything on this board terribly seriously and I look forward to our next drink together[B]as always.

We will never agree on a lot of things but we''ve both expressed our opinions and that, after all, is what a forum is about. I think you''re wrong on a number of issues, you think I''m wrong, c''est la vie. Banging our heads together is a waste of everyone''s time and I''m sure, like me, you''ve got better things to do.

Now that we have changed the entry requirements for the forum as per your suggestion I trust that you will now join me in encouraging as many as people as possible to attend the evening to help Drinks sell some books?

[/quote]

Agreed Beaus. But I would like it acknowledged that I am always supportive of NCISA when you''re in supporters club mode. That wasn''t made very clear in your posts. Agreeing to disagree about pressure groups, hateful campaigns and Smith & Jones role at the club is not a problem to me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][

[/quote]

Agreed Beaus. But I would like it acknowledged that I am always supportive of NCISA when you''re in supporters club mode. That wasn''t made very clear in your posts. Agreeing to disagree about pressure groups, hateful campaigns and Smith & Jones role at the club is not a problem to me.

[/quote]

Nutty, I am happy to acknowledge that you are supportive of Ncisa as a supporters club. Wiil you in turn now confirm that you would like to encourage people to turn out to support Drinks on the 26th?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

You just will not give it a rest will you and i will not rise to the pressure groups and hateful campaigns little remarks that you are incapable of not posting in a provocative manner.

Yes i think it was said provocatively and you will no doubt disagree so do not bother responding.We will agree to disagree and i will leave it at that but i have a feeling you will be back. I will not.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty, I am happy to acknowledge that you are supportive of Ncisa as a supporters club. Wiil you in turn now confirm that you would like to encourage people to turn out to support Drinks on the 26th?

[/quote]

Indeed I will Beaus. And when I link to the PUPs page on the free bet this week I will plug the event in the same way I did your Christmas Raffle.

Now in this new spirit of goodwill and concilliation and out of respect for you personally, I shall ignore Tilly''s attempts at starting the whole thing over.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed I will Beaus. And when I link to the PUPs page on the free bet this week I will plug the event in the same way I did your Christmas Raffle.

Now in this new spirit of goodwill and concilliation and out of respect for you personally, I shall ignore Tilly''s attempts at starting the whole thing over.

[/quote]

That''s us straight then, thank you! [{][}]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ooooooooooo........, I say.

I''nt that nice.

Awww......

Seems old Plod''s been left out in the cold though. [:''(]

OTBC

[/quote]You can only p!ss into the wind for so long.... then it becomes indecent

exposure.