Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Forum feedback required please

OK, it is now. Think i was pressing the ''post button above message box rather than one under the icons. Is it just me that finds this confusing.....clearly my age

The pink version is better than the grey, but there is still too much dead space for my liking. It could be more compact to make it easier to read without having to scroll constantly.

The pink needs to be toned down a bit, its a bit bright on the eyes. Burning like fire...Also when accessing via a mobile browser it is not picking that up anymore and so the full site is loading with all that javascript in the menus we can''t use....

I definitely prefer the new pink colours to this horrible grey colour I''ve got at the moment, but the spacing is still too wide for my liking around each posting. If the margins could be shrunk a bit it will look good.

[quote user="fonejacker"]Can we have the old site back now please? You''ve had your fun.We promise never to moan about it ever again.Pretty please?[/quote]

The quote button doesn''t work for me? See above

Why is the page layout different for each blog please?Absent Friend is set in a Pink Un page with ads etc, as before on the old site. The others all come up on a plain page. It has also reduced the font size, or it seems much smaller than before anyway; due to the page width perhaps.Just feel consistency is important.

I have never ventured a message board where one has to scroll to see what one is writing.Is this a gigantic p*ss-take?

Can we have a vote or something to see if it stays or goes?I have definitely been put off coming on this site because of the new layout.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Why is the page layout different for each blog please?Absent Friend is set in a Pink Un page with ads etc, as before on the old site. The others all come up on a plain page. It has also reduced the font size, or it seems much smaller than before anyway; due to the page width perhaps.Just feel consistency is important.[/quote]Fixed.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]I think it`s fine Pete, good to have a change!  Big Smile [:D][/quote]

OOPS!   But the funny little smiley things still dont work  for me.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Why is the page layout different for each blog please?Absent Friend is set in a Pink Un page with ads etc, as before on the old site. The others all come up on a plain page. It has also reduced the font size, or it seems much smaller than before anyway; due to the page width perhaps.Just feel consistency is important.[/quote]Fixed.[/quote]Cheers Pete [:)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Why is the page layout different for each blog please?

Absent Friend is set in a Pink Un page with ads etc, as before on the old site. The others all come up on a plain page. It has also reduced the font size, or it seems much smaller than before anyway; due to the page width perhaps.

Just feel consistency is important.
[/quote]

Fixed.
[/quote]

Cheers Pete [:)]
[/quote]

Who really cares about the blogs? I know, I know............

It''s the important stuff that needs fixing.

And the first one is that the whole new setup just seems like a huge, sanitized waste of space more thyan anything else.

The old site was warm and ours; this is sterile, cold  and theirs.

Sorry if I offend, but that''s the way I see it.

OTBC

[quote user="cityangel"]When is it likely to be changed to the test version Pete ?[/quote]

I personally don''t give a flying f*ck about the colour (''though the site has lost much of its character) but I am hugely jarred off with having to continuously scroll to both read and type posts.And look at my avatar now - that really is taking the pi*ss.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="cityangel"]When is it likely to be changed to the test version Pete ?[/quote]Tomorrow.[/quote]FFS...I''ve only just got used to this one!

Has the site been quiet this past week or is it my imagination?

It''s been quiet for a while CA,and not just since the ''changes''.Don''t know where everyone has gone.

Will the PMs menu page be amended as well please? At the moment all the boxes are badly spaced; some squashed with words split and other too big. Looks terrible.No offence taken Bly but felt it needed to be pointed out as us bloggers are interested in that page, obviously.Shame the smileys didn''t transfer over. It''s quite wierd reading posts that were posted prior to the change and have all the wording/marks rather than the smiley. Can be a tad confusing as well as spoiling the flow in longer posts.Yes, I think the board has been much quieter CA since the new layout.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Will the PMs menu page be amended as well please? At the moment all the boxes are badly spaced; some squashed with words split and other too big. Looks terrible.[/quote]What browser are you using? Can you email me a screen grab as it seems fine to me.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Previous messageboard re-designs have seen a dip in traffic - this one no different.
[/quote]

Famous last words?

NCISA are coming for youuuuuuuuu.................[;)]

OTBC