Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Forum feedback required please

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Previous messageboard re-designs have seen a dip in traffic - this one no different.
[/quote]

Famous last words?

NCISA are coming for youuuuuuuuu.................[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Anybody the slightest idea what the troll is on about?

I have to say that were this to be replaced by the old board then I''m sure this thread would be full of praise for how much warmer and pleasing to the eye it looked and how much easier it was to read.

Perhaps tomorrows launch will produce something that does not look like someone has thought that removing a 98 inch plasma screen with a small cabinet black and white TV (that you need to wait for it to warm up and has to be viewed in the dark) was a good idea.

Horrified as I am, I have to wholeheartedly agree with cry babe binners sentiments on this.

Other than some techy need to coordinate all forums across Archant I can think of no other reason other than Archant wants to cut the usage of this site by 80%.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

We’ve been working hard on improving

the pinkun forum layout in light of some of the comments made on the forums

since the changeover yesterday.

We have a test url here for you all to

have a good look at and give us your thoughts on the

changes.

You can look at and post messages

on this version of the site, as it is sharing the same content as we have on the

live site. Pay no heed to speed or performance as it''s on a test site.

Let us know what you think....[/quote]

Pete I have asked this before but can you help me with this reply issue? other posters seem to be able to quote clearly but I get this sort of thing.

Would it be possible to have a spell checker?

The font size on this new site is larger, although the message window is still small. Previously I had to enlarge pages to be able to read the print, and then had the need to move the pages bodily. The new font is large enough.

It would helped even more if there were a spell checker, however!

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

changes.

on this version of the site, as it is sharing the same content as we have on the

Pete I have asked this before but can you help me with this reply issue? other posters seem to be able to quote clearly but I get this sort of thing.[/quote]What browser are you using?

i think it''s basic.. which is all it needs to be.does the job and like all Archant websites is brilliant.Its almost as good as www.localsearch24.co.uk will be from Monday...thats www.localsearch24.co.uk people, Bookmark it... use it.. take out an ad on it and keep Pete in a  job and this website going strong!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i think it''s basic.. which is all it needs to be.does the job and like all Archant websites is brilliant.Its almost as good as www.localsearch24.co.uk will be from Monday...thats www.localsearch24.co.uk people, Bookmark it... use it.. take out an ad on it and keep Pete in a  job and this website going strong![/quote]and you work for.... who jas?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

changes.

Pete I have asked this before but can you help me with this reply issue? other posters seem to be able to quote clearly but I get this sort of thing.[/quote]What browser are you using?[/quote]

Google Chrome but have same issue with IE.

[quote user="Graham Paddon Beard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

We’ve been working hard on improving the pinkun forum layout in light of some of the comments made on the forums since the changeover yesterday.

We have a test url here for you all to have a good look at and give us your thoughts on the changes.

You can look at and post messages on this version of the site, as it is sharing the same content as we have on the live site. Pay no heed to speed or performance as it''s on a test site.

Let us know what you think....[/quote] Pete I have asked this before but can you help me with this reply issue? other posters seem to be able to quote clearly but I get this sort of thing.[/quote]

What browser are you using?
[/quote] Google Chrome but have same issue with IE.[/quote]

I use IE and have no problems with quoting, have you got the compatibility view ticked in Tools ?

Also, i don''t know if it''s been mentioned but i can''t seem to change the font size either?!

The forum is a total mess in Chrome - badly formatted, bits all over the place. For example, the poster info on left...

<<<< here

Sits on the bottom of the panel, detaching it visually from the actual post... the spaces on the indexes are all over the place... the font types, sizing and effects are universally inconsistent and difficult to read...

The quote feature has been broken over a year and has been mentioned 1000s of times...

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]i think it''s basic.. which is all it needs to be.does the job and like all Archant websites is brilliant.Its almost as good as www.localsearch24.co.uk will be from Monday...thats www.localsearch24.co.uk people, Bookmark it... use it.. take out an ad on it and keep Pete in a  job and this website going strong![/quote]and you work for.... who jas? [/quote]i couldn''t possibly divulge that information ;)

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Previous messageboard re-designs have seen a dip in traffic - this one no different.[/quote]

Famous last words?

NCISA are coming for youuuuuuuuu.................[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Anybody the slightest idea what the troll is on about?

[/quote]I think he was alluding to the fact that you tried attributing the lower number of posts to the all too brief absence of the NCISA cabal.Nothing to do with numerous lost bookmarks and multiple user name passwords when the site changed format of course.....

[quote user="ref89"]So is the mobile version ever coming back?[/quote]The mobile site never went away.... m.pinkun.comAnd the mobile forums have been back for a week - should be a link at the top of the mobile site.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Graham Paddon Beard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

We’ve been working hard on improving the pinkun forum layout in light of some of the comments made on the forums since the changeover yesterday.

We have a test url here for you all to have a good look at and give us your thoughts on the changes.

You can look at and post messages on this version of the site, as it is sharing the same content as we have on the live site. Pay no heed to speed or performance as it''s on a test site.

Let us know what you think....[/quote] Pete I have asked this before but can you help me with this reply issue? other posters seem to be able to quote clearly but I get this sort of thing.[/quote]

I use IE and have no problems with quoting, have you got the compatibility view ticked in Tools ?

[/quote]

Yes afraid so..still not working!

[quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Graham Paddon Beard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[/quote]

Yes afraid so..still not workin

Hang on...it IS working!