Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

£20 for a 12 year old

Our attendances are not dropping rappidly. I also believe with the mega high ticket prices for a fan who buys the ticket when on general sale and not a season ticket holder is why our ST sales have gone up.

Pennywise private message sent, I have a spare U 16 season ticket for tomorrow so I will invite your under 12 as my guest, free of charge, then all you need to do is buy yourself a ticket!

Banana, attendances across the country ARE dropping rapidly.

Thing is as well that whilst there is concern that Swansea is Grade A, we actually have a Grade A* category of match so you can expect the likes of Ipswich, QPR, Middlesbrough, Cardiff etc to fall into that category!

To have the sole criteria as "maximising income" is in my view short sighted and ignores one of the main reasons that we have such good crowds - namely that the club took a long term view and decided to encourage young supporters to attend through affordable ticket prices. As i''ve said on another thread I accept some adjustment is needed as there were too many cheap tickets but mcnally needs to be really careful here or fans will start to walk away.

I am also concerned at what might happen with season ticket prices in january!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Daz"]Have to agree 100%, £20 for a 12 year old [:O]Its disgusting, in every sense of the word.Don''t know if its still the case, but last season or the season before, couldn''t you get an Under 12 season ticket in the N & P for like £25 or something?Just goes to show, how pathetic the pricing for Tmorrow''s game is. The club should really be more consistant with their prices aswell for kids, £10 for the Newcastle and Everton Friendlies, £1 for Gillnigham in the Cup, £20 for tomorrow.In my view, no more than a tenner is a decent price for an Under 12.Adult tickets should be £20.[/quote]

the N&P is the family stand, therefore lower prices for kids. I had a 1/2 season ticket aged 9 for £10 [y]

[/quote]

Yeah I am well aware its a Family Stand, but still as massive contast in the price.

In the past I''ve been quite vocal in my opinion that certain age groups are getting things cheaply (£60-65 and students) but £20 is far too much of a 12 year old. It''s not jst the price of the childs ticket the club will loose but in a fair number of cases it''s also the accompanying adult.

I don''t know about all peopel but when I was 12 I used to go to Carrow Road with either my dad or a few friends and maybe one or two accompanying adults. Then again I guess in the mid to late 90''s it was far easier for this knid of thing to happen as you could easily get 8 or so tickets in the same row or spread over two rows perhaps.

I support the club in grading games as an on going thing. I think perhaps the only game you can comfortably predict that will be a sell out is is the Ip***t game. The grades will fluctuate depending on the opposition, our position and the demand from previous games. If we are doing well in March and demand is constantly high through Feb then most of those games will be Band A. If we''re fighting relegation and attendance is around 24,000 or so then the games will all be lower catagories. This game against Swansea they got wrong, it just should not be a cat A game. They are just anohter team we have to play and I would put them in the same group as Doncaster or Scunthorpe in appeal.

Davo

If it was the WWF or something, would you expect big concessions?  A seat is a seat is a seat.

[quote user="pennywise "]just rang up the ticket office for tomorrows game and was quoted £50.50 for me and my 12 year old son..i don''t care what anyone says 20 quid for a 12 year old to watch norwich city v swansea is outrageous..its a shame but he''s now going to miss out i can''t afford to take him very often at those prices.. i have been priced out of watching my team [:(][/quote]As I''ve been saying.... if you aren''t rich enough to help keep her ladyship''s mug in the newspapers.... you''re not welcome.The lost generation of youngsters right now will be the empty stands of the future.... and we all know how quickly the well-heeled la de da trendies switch their interests too.......In a few years time when those die-hard supporters of old are desperately wanted back.... they simply won''t be there anymore.

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]" Lets hear from the horses mouth why tickets are stupidly overpriced " Simple, because the players are stupidly overpaid.[/quote]

And we demand players good enough to compete. The problem as I have said on a couple of these threads is the past, we filled the ground far to cheaply. I suspect in every crowd over a number of years 25% have been or claimed to be under 16 / under 21 / over 65. 20 % of our gate therefore when kids for a quid others for a fiver would have meant about 5000 of the crowd having n income of £5000 - £7500, I cant think that would cover any 1 of our players wages for a week, hence £23m debt. We have not really been filling the ground with paying customers, we have been filling it with token gestures almost giving seats away to ensure a full house. It is the past that was a bigger joke and now to keep the club in existence we are going to have to pay for it or settle for league 1 football. With hindsight we should have been complaining when the tickets were to cheap. I am not meaning to be contraversial but if we gave all our seats away I am sure we could get 50000 in the stadium if it was big enough. That would be great if we could find 20 players and a manager plus coaching staff and stewards ect to all work for nothing. It would be even better if all our creditors said we are writing your debts off, McNally bought us time not a reduction in the debts. When our last lot of debts were reported there were plenty on here and in the een suggesting things such as lets all put £100 quid in - that would have been far more than the increase in ticket prices. Our debts must come down or we face admnistration / league 1 football or worse. It is absoloutely pointless filling the stadium and increasing the debt as some are quite right future generations will not be there - the reason being though our debts have put us out of business. 

All around the club people are being asked to pay for things. My lads in the PDC but has to pay for his coaching. Moving that up the scale all the youth teams have to pay their own expenses.

Be careful what you wish for. Lose / not back McNally imo would be the end of our club as we know it, he is our last chance.   

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]" Lets hear from the horses mouth why tickets are stupidly overpriced " Simple, because the players are stupidly overpaid.[/quote]

And we demand players good enough to compete. The problem as I have said on a couple of these threads is the past, we filled the ground far to cheaply. I suspect in every crowd over a number of years 25% have been or claimed to be under 16 / under 21 / over 65. 20 % of our gate therefore when kids for a quid others for a fiver would have meant about 5000 of the crowd having n income of £5000 - £7500, I cant think that would cover any 1 of our players wages for a week, hence £23m debt. We have not really been filling the ground with paying customers, we have been filling it with token gestures almost giving seats away to ensure a full house. It is the past that was a bigger joke and now to keep the club in existence we are going to have to pay for it or settle for league 1 football. With hindsight we should have been complaining when the tickets were to cheap. I am not meaning to be contraversial but if we gave all our seats away I am sure we could get 50000 in the stadium if it was big enough. That would be great if we could find 20 players and a manager plus coaching staff and stewards ect to all work for nothing. It would be even better if all our creditors said we are writing your debts off, McNally bought us time not a reduction in the debts. When our last lot of debts were reported there were plenty on here and in the een suggesting things such as lets all put £100 quid in - that would have been far more than the increase in ticket prices. Our debts must come down or we face admnistration / league 1 football or worse. It is absoloutely pointless filling the stadium and increasing the debt as some are quite right future generations will not be there - the reason being though our debts have put us out of business. 

All around the club people are being asked to pay for things. My lads in the PDC but has to pay for his coaching. Moving that up the scale all the youth teams have to pay their own expenses.

Be careful what you wish for. Lose / not back McNally imo would be the end of our club as we know it, he is our last chance.   

[/quote]

i would say some of the absolute rubbish we have been served up since 2005 getting  a ground full of people to turn up for nothing would be some achievement let alone paying customers  [:D]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Pennywise private message sent, I have a spare U 16 season ticket for tomorrow so I will invite your under 12 as my guest, free of charge, then all you need to do is buy yourself a ticket![/quote]

thankyou very much for your kind gesture but we are going fishing tomorrow  instead now and we''ll listen to norfolk on the river bank.. its not so much the money as the principle  i really did have to ask the woman in the ticket office to repeat herself.. i had my debit card in my hand but something inside me just said no this is ridiculous..thanks again for you offer [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Pennywise private message sent, I have a spare U 16 season ticket for tomorrow so I will invite your under 12 as my guest, free of charge, then all you need to do is buy yourself a ticket![/quote]

thankyou very much for your kind gesture but we are going fishing tomorrow  instead now and we''ll listen to norfolk on the river bank.. its not so much the money as the principle  i really did have to ask the woman in the ticket office to repeat herself.. i had my debit card in my hand but something inside me just said no this is ridiculous..thanks again for you offer [:D]

[/quote]

lol so you get offered a free ticket and you would prefer to go fishing.  I can understand your beef about prices, as that for a child is quite OTT, but to turn down a free ticket on principle is IMO cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Still, enjoy your day and don''t fall in [:)][Y]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Thing is as well that whilst there is concern that Swansea is Grade A, we actually have a Grade A* category of match so you can expect the likes of Ipswich, QPR, Middlesbrough, Cardiff etc to fall into that category!

To have the sole criteria as "maximising income" is in my view short sighted and ignores one of the main reasons that we have such good crowds - namely that the club took a long term view and decided to encourage young supporters to attend through affordable ticket prices. As i''ve said on another thread I accept some adjustment is needed as there were too many cheap tickets but mcnally needs to be really careful here or fans will start to walk away.

[/quote]

Plenty of fans have walked away in recent years due to the neccessity of planning games 3 weeks in advance in order to get tickets.  Alot of people don`t work that way and want to decide nearer/on the day whether they can go depending on their finances, social calender etc.  I personally know 4 people who have hardly been in recent years but are there tomorrow.  One of them (who bought 3 tickets) said "I`m going to games now, because if we do well i won`t be able to get tickets later in the season". 

Looking at the online ticketing there are not too many tickets left, so with a bit of a walk-up tomorrow it won`t be far from a sell-out.  Not bad when you consider loads are still on holiday and Swansea clearly isn`t an "A" game standard. 

And can i ask yet again why people are throwing around untrue figures like £30, when you can get a ticket for £27?  It`s amazing how someone can post something, then everyone repeats it because they like the sound of it even though it`s actually bullsh*t!  A bit like people posting that tickets for Watford were £32 when even the Watford fans weren`t charged that!  Do people enjoy posting lies which damage their own club?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]

lol so you get offered a free ticket and you would prefer to go fishing.  I can understand your beef about prices, as that for a child is quite OTT, but to turn down a free ticket on principle is IMO cutting your nose off to spite your face.

[/quote]

i''ve bought the maggots and made arrangements with other people now.. the club can go get f---- for this week.. anyway if its gonna cost me £50 everytime i want to take my son to a game i may as well get sky back and tell him to support man united from his armchair, cos his local club aren''t bothered about his support anymore [:D]

"And can i ask yet again why people are throwing around untrue figures like £30, when you can get a ticket for £27"

I think the majority will be £30..my friend got charged £18 extra on top of a season ticket which was worth £12 for the Watford game. This was in the Norwich and Peterborough family stand

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Plenty of fans have walked away in recent years due to the neccessity of planning games 3 weeks in advance in order to get tickets.  Alot of people don`t work that way and want to decide nearer/on the day whether they can go depending on their finances, social calender etc.  I personally know 4 people who have hardly been in recent years but are there tomorrow.  One of them (who bought 3 tickets) said "I`m going to games now, because if we do well i won`t be able to get tickets later in the season". 

Looking at the online ticketing there are not too many tickets left, so with a bit of a walk-up tomorrow it won`t be far from a sell-out.  Not bad when you consider loads are still on holiday and Swansea clearly isn`t an "A" game standard. 

And can i ask yet again why people are throwing around untrue figures like £30, when you can get a ticket for £27?  It`s amazing how someone can post something, then everyone repeats it because they like the sound of it even though it`s actually bullsh*t!  A bit like people posting that tickets for Watford were £32 when even the Watford fans weren`t charged that!  Do people enjoy posting lies which damage their own club?

[/quote]

i rang up the ticket office this morning i am a super member  and was quoted £29 for me £20 for a 12 year old and a £1.50 booking fee even though i would have to pick up the tickets before the match..i asked if they had anything cheaper and she said oh yes theres some restricted veiw seats which are £19 for kids...those are facts not lies about the club ring them yourself if you don''t believe me [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]just rang up the ticket office for tomorrows game and was quoted £50.50 for me and my 12 year old son..i don''t care what anyone says 20 quid for a 12 year old to watch norwich city v swansea is outrageous..its a shame but he''s now going to miss out i can''t afford to take him very often at those prices.. i have been priced out of watching my team [:(][/quote]Alleged live stream tomorrow, watch that then take him for a Nando''s and Cinema evening out. [Y]

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="pennywise "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i''ve bought the maggots and made arrangements with other people now.. the club can go get f---- for this week.. anyway if its gonna cost me £50 everytime i want to take my son to a game i may as well get sky back and tell him to support man united from his armchair, cos his local club aren''t bothered about his support anymore [:D]

[/quote]

That''s child cruelty that hahahaha

[quote user="the king"]The football bubble is on the verge of bursting.
[/quote]

Is it?  well i hope the bang is not too loud as im a delicate flower in the mornings [:)]

That''s odd, there are still plenty of river end tickets on sale, cheaper and with perfect views. Seems like ticket office ain''t giving right info''. Depending on your son being a member, tickets could be £44 plus £ 1.50 booking fee. Not cheap but your choice.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

I want to support Pennywise here because clearly something is wrong.

Some of us can and should pay a bit more but it is difficult to discriminate. That cannot apply to the youngsters who are the fans of the future.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I want to support Pennywise here because clearly something is wrong. Some of us can and should pay a bit more but it is difficult to discriminate. That cannot apply to the youngsters who are the fans of the future.[/quote]

Totally agree, prices for kids are too high, but in past seasons there were too many "kids for a quid". It seems to go from one extreme to another.

Shocking!

The club needed price increases but this is just blatantly wiping the future generation of supporters out as well as parents taking them to games!

£30 should be for the Derby game, cup game against top 4 - Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, play off game and games at the end of the season where Norwich could get promoted or win title. Â£20 for 16-21YO''s and over 60''s and £15 for kids !

The norm should be £25 for adults, £15 for 16-21YO''s and over 60''s and £10 for kids.

4 League games should be category C as well as cup games against higher League opposition and same Division teams before the quarter final- Adults £20, £10 for 16-21''s and £5 for under 16''s.  

Category D - Cup games against lower League opposition before the quarter finals- £10 adults, £5 under 16''s - no concessions for 16-21''s and over 60''s.

Mcnally needs to be warned - We''ll get away with such over the top ticket prices if we are successful and get back into the Premiership but middle of the Championship and lower and we''ll soon be getting crowds on a par with the S cum. The 1000 extra seats will then definately not be needed.

Oh in reply to all the "we''ve been getting in for peanuts at Carrow Road for years" brigade.

- The Jarold stand has always had one price across the board for everyone which means that OAP''s and kids have to pay adult prices. So basicly some games last season in the 3rd season OAP''s and kids would of paid £25+ in the Jarolds stand.

Even though season ticket prices are in the main very reasonably priced they are still higher than many clubs! 

Even if we were in the Premiership last season we''d of still not had the cheapest admision prices in the League.

I agree that we''ve had it to good and ticket prices at times have been too cheap but those who think we''ve been cheaper than all the rest are very wide of the mark.

I think anyone being honest would admit that prices had to go up but not the current extent which is driving people away.

The posters who say that we have to reluctantly swallow the increases if we want to see the team do well are correct to a point but their are other things in life other than football matches such as needing to eat, drink, pay for shelter over our heads, family Etc. This is coming from myself who has in the past been to more games than most and in doing has made following Norwich City a major part of my life, something less keen fans would term as being an anorack!!.

These prices against Swansea would be acceptable at the end of the season if the game was a deicider for Norwich getting in the play offs, getting promoted or winning the title, but not in August.

I expect to have to pay more for next seasons, season ticket but I''m hoping the club don''t take the p iss with the increases!