Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We've signed Crofts!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]Our fans have obviously got carried away with winning a league slightly higher than pub standard , as for the god Lambert lets wait till he has actually achieved something , Gunn would have got us out of that division.
[/quote]

Unless you are Mystic Meg yourself you can''t possibly say that.  Lambert has achieved something, he''s got us promoted at first asking, that''s quite an achievement, ask scummy Leeds

[/quote]

Is that the same "big club" scummy Leeds who acheived promotion as they romped away with the grand position of 2nd place in League One this season? Whereas little old nice club Norwich fell away at the end in only first postion, and struggled under the honour as Champions by just a miserable few extra points.....

[quote user="djc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]Our fans have obviously got carried away with winning a league slightly higher than pub standard , as for the god Lambert lets wait till he has actually achieved something , Gunn would have got us out of that division.
[/quote]

Unless you are Mystic Meg yourself you can''t possibly say that.  Lambert has achieved something, he''s got us promoted at first asking, that''s quite an achievement, ask scummy Leeds

[/quote] Is that the same "big club" scummy Leeds who acheived promotion as they romped away with the grand position of 2nd place in League One this season? Whereas little old nice club Norwich fell away at the end in only first postion, and struggled under the honour as Champions by just a miserable few extra points.....[/quote]

The very same lol

[quote user="djc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Is that the same "big club" scummy Leeds who acheived promotion as they romped away with the grand position of 2nd place in League One this season? Whereas little old nice club Norwich fell away at the end in only first postion, and struggled under the honour as Champions by just a miserable few extra points.....[/quote]

HAHA ROMPED!... ROMPED! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! MORE LIKE SCRAPED TO SECOND  BEATING A TEAM NARROWLY AT HOME THAT WE HAD BEATEN 3-0 AWAY THE WEEK BEFORE!

[quote user="Lambo"]

What a suprise, Norwich fans dismissing a new signing before he''s kicked a ball.

Don''t judge him on his ex-clubs views either. According to Exeter fans Matt Gill was the best thing since sliced bread.

[/quote]And according to some Norwich fans Gary Doherty was a quality player !!!

It''s incredible isn''t it? If I told you we''re signing a player who got POTS at his club in which he played regularly and is highly thought of, is a proven and regular Welsh international, has good Championship experience and was captain at both of his previous clubs, I think everyone would be ecstatic at the prospect.

Mention he comes from Brighton and immediately the signing''s slated before it''s even confirmed.

I wondered when Loan/Freebie City was going to spout some crap.

Re: We''ve signed Crofts!

Lets be honest here, the people saying hes an ok signing are probably the same bunch that reckoned Gunn''s signings were ok last season and he was the man for the job , some people just settle for whatever crap they are given .

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/1269313/ShowPost.aspx#1269313

Above is the thread for Clingfilm and look how many people were not keen on him. Even the ever so cheerful 1st Wiz said he was pants.

A little underwhelming but I''ll reserve my judgement.I guess this means both OTJ and Gill will leave.

Welcome to Norwich Andrew. Here''s hoping to a good season.

Personally I think this is a decent signing, POTS, Club Captain etc. Sounds solid but unspectacular, which is what we need, we''ve got Hooze & Wes to provide the spark and magic.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]A little underwhelming but I''ll reserve my judgement.I guess this means both OTJ and Gill will leave.[/quote]Exactly, with Smith, Russell, Adeyemi & Crofts in position for the "scrapper" role.Wouldn''t be surprised if Lappin leaves too.

[quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="djc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]Our fans have obviously got carried away with winning a league slightly higher than pub standard , as for the god Lambert lets wait till he has actually achieved something , Gunn would have got us out of that division.[/quote]

HAHA ROMPED!... ROMPED! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! MORE LIKE SCRAPED TO SECOND  BEATING A TEAM NARROWLY AT HOME THAT WE HAD BEATEN 3-0 AWAY THE WEEK BEFORE!

[/quote]Way to miss out on the irony.

I am very happy with this signing. Everything seems right  about the player and the fact that it has come out of the blue suggests a lot of background activity has gone on. This is purposeful. There is thinking behind this, a la PL?

I pin a lot of faith on a PoS award. The fans on the terraces don''t miss much.

I was disappointed to lose out on Fabregas, but Crofts will have to do.

P.S. If there had not been an ''s'' on the end of his name I would have had a minor heart attack.

At first I agreed with some posters on this thread that he isn''t the sort of player that will help us in the Championship but after looking into hm a bit more I think this could actually be a decent signing. We needed  another bruiser in midfield to provide competition with Russell.

So when we sign Rose, Forster and Phillips or Green then all we will now need is another RB (Wright), creative midfielder (Bailey), CB (Mkandwire) and a couple of strikers (Lita, Novo, Le Fondre) and we''ll have a half decent top 10 Championship team.

Dont much about him.. But Blackpool and Leicester have showed this season the virtues of a solid, consistent team. Crofts sounds like the sort of player who might not be individually great, but plays well in a team; which is surely what matters.Either way, as always will reserve judgement until hes actually played for us.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I wondered when Loan/Freebie City was going to spout some crap.

Re: We''ve signed Crofts!

Lets be honest here, the people saying hes an ok signing are probably the same bunch that reckoned Gunn''s signings were ok last season and he was the man for the job , some people just settle for whatever crap they are given .

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/1269313/ShowPost.aspx#1269313

Above is the thread for Clingfilm and look how many people were not keen on him. Even the ever so cheerful 1st Wiz said he was pants.[/quote]

All about opinions isnt it , and mine is we will need more about our squad than a whole host of League 1 players.Here''s another for you i think Holt will be totally out of his depth a league higher and will be one of the worst strikers in the Championship , time will tell eh .

I agree that the squad needs sorting out and quality adding. But we know that we don''t have millions and millions.

I may be completly wrong, normally am, but maybe if we added players like Crofts and a couple of other decent/good players we can then add some proper quality in the areas that need more quality.

In relation Holt, I''m not saying he will get 30 goals, but I doubt he will struggle, how many other burly big strikers from the lower leagues have been succesful in the Champ? No, I can''t be arsedd to search for them. Also players like Adebola, the big chap from Leicester who used to play for Derby. He is in that mould.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I wondered when Loan/Freebie City was going to spout some crap. Re: We''ve signed Crofts! Lets be honest here, the people saying hes an ok signing are probably the same bunch that reckoned Gunn''s signings were ok last season and he was the man for the job , some people just settle for whatever crap they are given . http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2/1269313/ShowPost.aspx#1269313 Above is the thread for Clingfilm and look how many people were not keen on him. Even the ever so cheerful 1st Wiz said he was pants.[/quote] All about opinions isnt it , and mine is we will need more about our squad than a whole host of League 1 players.Here''s another for you i think Holt will be totally out of his depth a league higher and will be one of the worst strikers in the Championship , time will tell eh .[/quote]

Yeeaaahh!!!!! That Lambert bloke is a complete mug!!!! Never signed a decent player, what has he done for this club?????

oh wait a minute....................

The difference is that Lambert has actually successfully managed a football team before and as a result has a proven track record of signing decent players (Stephen Eliot aside). Additionally oh wise one how many times have you seen Crofts play???

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I can''t undertstand why so many people seem to assume we will finish in the top 6 next season or at least be challenging for a top 6 place.  What the heck do you base this on?[:^)]

You need quality, or you will struggle.  Heaven forbid if we did finish in the top 6 and went up via the playoffs.  I think we could be looking at some kind of points record in the Premiership[;)]

[/quote]

A top 6 expectation comes directly from Adam Bowkett''s declaration - refer to the Chairman''s message on www.canaries.co.uk

[quote user="freddyf105"]Don''t like the sound of  "considerable sum" on the brighton website.[/quote]

How about "significant sum" then, there''s a difference you know?

Crofts is obviously a competent and experienced player who has done very well at Brighton. It seems similar to Gill being the first signing last year, with much the same accolades. The difference is that we had dropped down a league last year and the requirements were different.  He could be another Clingan and settle in rapidly in the holding role or he could be another Andy Hughes or Mark Fotheringham. I have to feel that Rusty or someone else is on his way out to make room for Crofts. I hope Lambert does see something special in him and that he can be a brilliant player for us, but it still seems more like ''consolidation'' than pushing for the top 6 to me.

I see Tudor jones and Gill going Rusty will sign his new contract and we will hammer the scum 5 - 0 at portaloo road next season I see it in the stars