Sign in to follow this  
thetashkentterror

Carlisle To Norwich

Carlisle fan here coming down for the last day of the season game, long time since many of us have been to Carrow Road, if it all.Coach is leaving here at 5am, how long did it take you to do the journey the other way the two times this season out of interest?Best pubs for away fans in the area?How long a walk is the ground from the city centre?No more questions your honour.

dont know about the journey, but the away fans pub is the compleat angler on the bridge opposite the train station about 5 mins from the ground and the walk from the city centre is about 10 mins

I should imagine it will be a real party atmosphere and you''ll be welcome in pretty much any bar in the centre / Riverside.We''re nice friendly types.[:)]

It''s about a 6 hour journey by car, if you want real ale and a chat with Norwich Fans try the Coach & Horses on Thorpe Road, it''s near to where the coaches park and is about 5 mins walk to the ground, if you are into your fizzy beers there are the (chain) pubs down riverside which arcs round from the Train Station to right near the ground.

I think it took about 6 hours with breaks at services and a longer one for lunch at Scotch Corner. The journey home took about 5 hours by car including a break for food.

Welcome mate.We''re a friendly bunch at the worst of times.. so seeing as you''ll catch us at our happiest in years expect to be welcomed everywhere :)

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

your staying up, were going up lets have a party!

[/quote]That''s right. It should be a great day.At most we need one point for the title so it will probably all be done and dusted by the time you arrive. You''re safe for the season. We can all relax.You''ll be spoilt for choice for decent pubs. There''s loads in the city centre and the Coach & Horses is a great pub and is closest to the ground. The Compleat Angler opp the station is the dedicated away pub but you''ll get in everywhere with or without colours on the 8th.There''s a great real ale pub - The Fat Cat on West End St - a fair way from the city centre so unless you''re coming by private coach you probably won''t have time to get there. I think a bunch of Carlisle fans are planning to head there as they''re up for the weekend so if you want to join them it''s best to get a cab both ways. It''ll cost about £8 each way and it''s comfortable Sat lunchtimes but the place is usually heaving on Sat evenings.It''ll be nice to go to a game where neither side is too bothered about the result so it should be one big, big party atmosphere all day......

[quote user="thetashkentterror"]Carlisle fan here coming down for the last day of the season game, long time since many of us have been to Carrow Road, if it all.

Coach is leaving here at 5am, how long did it take you to do the journey the other way the two times this season out of interest?

Best pubs for away fans in the area?

How long a walk is the ground from the city centre?

No more questions your honour.
[/quote]

I''d say they would allow 7 hours with a couple of stops.( 290 miles)

Only away pub is the one near the station the complete angler

Its about 10 mins walk from the city centre

Have a safe trip and enjoy the game.[:)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="I am a Banana"]

your staying up, were going up lets have a party!

[/quote]

That''s right. It should be a great day.

At most we need one point for the title so it will probably all be done and dusted by the time you arrive. You''re safe for the season. We can all relax.

You''ll be spoilt for choice for decent pubs. There''s loads in the city centre and the Coach & Horses is a great pub and is closest to the ground. The Compleat Angler opp the station is the dedicated away pub but you''ll get in everywhere with or without colours on the 8th.

There''s a great real ale pub - The Fat Cat on West End St - a fair way from the city centre so unless you''re coming by private coach you probably won''t have time to get there. I think a bunch of Carlisle fans are planning to head there as they''re up for the weekend so if you want to join them it''s best to get a cab both ways. It''ll cost about £8 each way and it''s comfortable Sat lunchtimes but the place is usually heaving on Sat evenings.

It''ll be nice to go to a game where neither side is too bothered about the result so it should be one big, big party atmosphere all day......
[/quote]

Talk of pubs and up pops Smithy as sure as night follows day!

[quote user="Bird Table"]Grant Holt is from Carlisle, so we f*cking love Carlisle!
[/quote]

we signed him from Shrewsbury, right?

is carlisle one of his former clubs.?

[quote user="Harry"]if you want real ale and a chat with Norwich Fans try the Coach & Horses on Thorpe Road, it''s near to where the coaches park and is about 5 mins walk to the ground, if you are into your fizzy beers there are the (chain) pubs down riverside [/quote]Yeah but you can get fizzy beer at the Coach too and who in their right mind would choose to enter the cultural abomination that is Riverside?Good food too!

[quote user="thetashkentterror"]Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Looks like we should be close to selling out our allocation.
[/quote]

How many tickets did you take as visiting clubs can have up to 2,400 ish? I would be amazed if you claimed your full entitlement.

Their allocation is whatever they asked for up to 2400.

If they asked for 1000 and sold 1000, then they have sold their allocation.

Simples.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Bird Table"]Grant Holt is from Carlisle, so we f*cking love Carlisle!
[/quote]

we signed him from Shrewsbury, right?

is carlisle one of his former clubs.?

[/quote]

Oh dear, foot in gob again, thought you knew everything,  And that Cumbrian accent he has isn''t noticable either

[quote user="dreamteam"]Their allocation is whatever they asked for up to 2400. If they asked for 1000 and sold 1000, then they have sold their allocation. Simples.[/quote]

Yeah ok i just asked what of the possible 2,400 they actually took so we knew what the figure was he said was virtually sold out.Simples.

Last game of the season, has anyone got 2 spare tickets for the Carlisle game, hopefully in the Upper N & P if at all possible, I know it is most probably going to be a long shot, but it is worth a try, I am happy to pay over the odds for them, but if you do have any spare please let me know as 1 of them is for a disabled child. Many thanks..

[quote user="morty"]Lol.[/quote]

[y]

[quote user="Harry"]It''s about a 6 hour journey by car, if you want real ale and a chat with Norwich Fans try the Coach & Horses on Thorpe Road, [/quote]

Thought they didn''t let away fans in there anymore ??

The Coach is a friendly place - I can''t imagine any Carlisle fan going there would be turned away, especially on Saturday!