Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

DONT WORRY!

If is a big word, if we could have beaten Tranmere or MK Dons or Orient [:@]

Not if we perform like that! There is no one pulling the strings... Sorry but performance was below par!

Agreed, we will still be champions and we will get promoted. People are getting so stressed, every other club would want to be in our position. Still 7 points clear of 3rd and 6 ahead of 2nd.

otbc

I''m sure there will be many misery-filled posts tonight, but it is still well within our own hands and we are in a position that any side in the League would settle for.

Not if Millwall win on Friday night, and leeds win on saturday.

Plus do we ever win at Charlton!!

We sounded absolutely awful tonight, I''ve now got a funny feeling in my bones that it now could go right to the wire.

I can''t believe this. We''ve not won in three games (two against bottomm four opposition) and people are still saying "Don''t worry".

As usual, Norwich are choking when it matters. We may limp over the finishing line, if we''re lucky.

But worryingly, without Holt and Hooly we appear to be nothing more than mediocre. Maybe the players will be more motivated by a big game on Saturday because they''ve been poor in the last 4 games against poor opposition.

[quote user="canaryjock"]But worryingly, without Holt and Hooly we appear to be nothing more than mediocre. Maybe the players will be more motivated by a big game on Saturday because they''ve been poor in the last 4 games against poor opposition.[/quote]Playing against relegation threatened teams at this moment in the season is never a dolly!

I think this is one of those occasions where people who were counting their chickens too early are now the ones gnawing at their fingernails the most. There were always going to be twists and turns - it wouldn''t be Norwich if there weren''t. But there isn''t a side in League 1 who wouldn''t happily swap with us.

Tranmere - ref robbed us, i think under the circumstances we played really well and gave it a good go.

Stockport - we played poor but still got the result, all that matters now

MK dons - not brilliant but not panick stations and a decent point, always gonna be a tough game against them also ref robbed us of a goal and a penalty

Orient - Sounded bad, we missed our top scorer and our playmaker badly

So to summerise, we''ve not played brilliant but refs have gone against us, time for us to get the rub of the green. Millwall and Leeds will NOT get 12 points a piece and crucially we only need 5 to go up. Relax everybody, the team need support, not anxiety, stress and worry. We can potentially get promoted on Saturday and everyone is still wetting themselves. Haven''t you lot got anything else at all remotely to worry about?

I don''t think alot of people understand that it is probably easier playing top, mid table teams at this part of the season. Teams at the bottom have no pressure on them playing us, nobody expects them to beat us they can play with a freedom and they have looked good against us. The pressure is all on Leeds, Charlton, Millwall, Swindon. I would rather play teams nearer the top to the bottom.

[quote user="wedgie"]Not if Millwall win on Friday night, and leeds win on saturday. Plus do we ever win at Charlton!![/quote]

If you wanna talk like that what if Millwall and Leeds lose? We have had this team for 1 season we are undefeated against Charlton with this team so just relax. I am sure we are all nervous but we are in the best position in the league.

Don''t worry? Our form is dropping against crap teams and people think we''ll easily get a win this saturday, away from home, at a ground notorious to Norwich for 0 point hauls, against a team in the playoffs when we can''t even beat Tranmere and Orient.

We probably will still go up but why does it have to come the hard way suddenly?

I''m shitting myself TBH. I don''t think we''re getting anything Saturday and then we''re in big trouble.

[quote user="G"]I don''t think alot of people understand that it is probably easier playing top, mid table teams at this part of the season. Teams at the bottom have no pressure on them playing us, nobody expects them to beat us they can play with a freedom and they have looked good against us. The pressure is all on Leeds, Charlton, Millwall, Swindon. I would rather play teams nearer the top to the bottom.[/quote]

Surely Charlton are still within sight of taking at least 2nd place? Won''t they want to play just as hard as those at the bottom to get the 3 vital points? And how come pressure isn''t on the bottom teams?

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote user="G"]I don''t think alot of people understand that it is probably easier playing top, mid table teams at this part of the season. Teams at the bottom have no pressure on them playing us, nobody expects them to beat us they can play with a freedom and they have looked good against us. The pressure is all on Leeds, Charlton, Millwall, Swindon. I would rather play teams nearer the top to the bottom.[/quote]

Surely Charlton are still within sight of taking at least 2nd place? Won''t they want to play just as hard as those at the bottom to get the 3 vital points? And how come pressure isn''t on the bottom teams?

[/quote]

No pressure is on Leyton because people aren''t expecting them to beat us they can play with that freedom. The pressure is on Charlton to beat us because if they don''t then they will be all but out of the automatic promotion race.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

We probably will still go up but why does it have to come the hard way suddenly?

[/quote]By the same token why did we have to go on a massive unbeaten run to be in this position in the first place? Im not sure why our form has dropped so much, but the same has happened to pretty much every team in the division at some stage, luckily we have built up such a lead hopefully it wont matter!

Good point, Trent, except for the "hopefully" at the end. It won''t matter. All this hand wringing is pointless. We are WAY in front with time running out. RuthPhuck would rather be in Leeds'' position!?!?!? He must think that 4 game skid did them wonders.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]But, Branston. Would you rather be Leeds or Millwall with momentum and confidence or us with little of one and little more of the other?[/quote]Well us, judging by the league table.HC - For me theres still an outside chance we could mess it up from here. Theres always a chance. But seven points from four games really is a big lead. It would take Millwall and Leeds to win some difficult games, and us to carry on losing easy games.We went from 7-1 to top of the league in a few months, we saw Leeds go from promotion certs to relegation form in a few months. Thats the beauty of football [Y]

I think tonight shows how important it is to have a settled team. Having the 2 most influential players out has completely changed the balance of the team, & no matter how good the quality of the replacements, the fluidity & interplay are going to suffer. Plus it sounds like the diamond only functions with Hoolahan as its focal point.My take on the last 4 performances is: 2 decent ones, one average one & one very poor one (tonight!). So I''m not too disappointed with the overall form.NOW Lambert has to REALLY earn his salary !!!

I believe Charlton will beat us.I believe we will beat Gillingham and Carlisle.I believe neither Leeds nor Millwall will take maximum points.I also continue to believe that we need two new center backs, a decent striker (not forward- striker) and another more creative midfielder to replace Russel or next season will be a horror show of disapointments in the championship.

Im now on the way home and the match was awful. Leyton just hoofed everything and nelson was at fault 4 2nd goal, he ducked and didnt realise thornton was behind him. Elliot was dreadful! Needs 2 be dropped. You could tell that we missed hoolahan, there was no creativity anywhere. Expect a spanking on saturday.