Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

I can't understand why so many fans are still doubting the team

I just can''t believe how many City fans are still waiting for the season to go t**s up,why the hell are so many worried about a Leeds team who are falling apart! come on Ladies and Gentlemen of the yellow and Green army get past the worry gutting, this season Norwich City are a different animal under PL and we should enjoy rather than waiting for something to go wrong,we are going up and doing it in style!!! Stop picking a player to have a pop at,stop moaning about nothing for god sake,this is the team we have all been crying out for over the past four years,we have a manager who can inspire the team to turn games round and we are on Top of the table 11 points ahead of third place and only 9 games left,whats there to be worried about!?! 

ENJOY IT!!!!!!

[quote user="McCanary"]I think it`s a case of too many false dawns for some....I , however , totally agree with you ![/quote]

As a City fan who''s 33 i get that BUT we are such a good team and all the negative thoughts are doing my head in,i''m loving this season and i feel that all those who are just waiting for the wheels to come of are missing out on such a different and superb season,after last seasons shambles i am just loving watching the club come back to life!!

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Me too! But still think there''s a difference between optimism and premature title celebration... as Spainboy knows, for one...[/quote]

Agreed........( but I am quietly confident )

The trouble is Phat, we''ve been drawn into this cynicism by the crap that we''ve put up with for the past 5 years.

I''m optimistic and have been since Christmas, i just have a feeling that Saturday will not go our way.

As i''ve said i really hope i''m wrong

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

I just can''t believe how many City fans are still waiting for the season to go t**s up,why the hell are so many worried about a Leeds team who are falling apart! come on Ladies and Gentlemen of the yellow and Green army get past the worry gutting, this season Norwich City are a different animal under PL and we should enjoy rather than waiting for something to go wrong,we are going up and doing it in style!!! Stop picking a player to have a pop at,stop moaning about nothing for god sake,this is the team we have all been crying out for over the past four years,we have a manager who can inspire the team to turn games round and we are on Top of the table 11 points ahead of third place and only 9 games left,whats there to be worried about!?! 

ENJOY IT!!!!!!

[/quote]

I guess it''s a case of (as someone else put) too many false dawns being a NCFC supporter the past year or two.  I''m really enjoying this season and seeing the lads win and the fans celebrate.

I guess for many of us it''s a case of not being used to seeing our team win, and what a lot of us forget is it''s a different manager, one that actually has a clue, and a team of players that are just as passionate about the club as we are.  That takes some getting used to.

We are so used to previous teams screwing things up, maybe it''s a ''pinch me moment'' when we do actually win and the lads play well.

But I am enjoying it and have refound my passion this season, something that was non existent last season.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim - at the top of League 1"]The trouble is Phat, we''ve been drawn into this cynicism by the crap that we''ve put up with for the past 5 years. I''m optimistic and have been since Christmas, i just have a feeling that Saturday will not go our way. As i''ve said i really hope i''m wrong[/quote]

You are!!!!! [:D][:D][:D]

I''m not doubting the team at all, but I''m not counting the chcikens yet. Yes we are in a very very good position and one where we would all have taken at the start of the season, let alone the Colwho debacle.

We have a manager that we can trust to do the right thing for a 1st time in a long while and I bloody love it, I''m know going to Carra Rud happy and expecting results. Although slightly worried about the wounded animal that is Leeds, but still think we can do them.

I love this thread.

We are a bit nervous because we have got used to failure.

We have achieved so much this season, quite miraculous in fact, that it is clear we only need average results from now on to go up automatically.

The others will not win all the time and we show no signs of losing.

Good OP

I remember the feeling of watching Norwich surge towards promotion in the 2003/4 season, and I get that same feeling now.  The confidence we oozed as a team back then, the feeling that we could go out on any given day and beat any team in the league put in front of us.  Sure, there''s still the odd set of jitters here and there as we come up against a rival, but its nowhere near the feeling of worry and doubt that I was experiencing the day we played West Brom at Carra Rudd, with them on just as good a run as ourselves and hanging on our coat-tails all the way... Leeds are a completely different animal - wounded, and potentially vicious -  but still with a leg missing and no teeth.  I do not fear them, not one bit.

I don''t doubt the team and I am confident they will do it. However by the same token they have not finished the job yet. They need to get 90 points and then they have done the job. I just want the players to focus because as fun as one season in league one has been, a couple more could start to get extremely depressing.

Look guys and girls - if you freely admit to being ''mind-conditioned'' by previous disappointing years at Norwich you will do well to shift your thinking!

Quote from motivational guru Tony Robins: "The past does NOT represent the future" (Thank goodness Paul Lambert knows this!).

Being top-of-the-league is not normal for us; we just need to get used to this new ''normal'' that''s all!

Success is available to all of us - we just need to let it happen. I suggest we keep this a ''sabotage-free zone'' (allow Leeds to have first claim on that!)...

What annoys me is that most of the "negative" comments seem to resolve about what Leeds are capable of (wounded animal, underdog etc). We are top of the League because we are, and have consistently been, the best side in it, by some distance. Leeds have allowed us to produce a 20 point turnaround on them and have won 3 of their last 13 games. Their best defender is out and their leading scorer, who has done virtually nothing since the Man U game, is apparently in dispute with the manager. The only team that can beat us on Saturday will be wearing yellow and green, and I don''t see that happening.

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Me too! But still think there''s a difference between optimism and premature title celebration... as Spainboy knows, for one...[/quote]

Agreed........( but I am quietly confident )

[/quote]

Not sure posting it on here counts as being quietly confident as you''ve just posted it for all the world to see.

YES i''ve bumped my own post because still the negative posts keep appearing,forget Celtic,forget Bates forget the wounded animal that is Leeds bull[:|]  now remember we are top on merit we have to get out of the feeling sorry for ourselves what if it all goes wrong crap!! We will perform like champions tomorrow and thats not being cocky or me getting ahead of myself thats me being positive because i have seen City come back to life this season and i firmly believe we will see it out untill the end of the season,and i say that without any doubt in my mind!!!! Come on people start to believe that for once this team in Yellow and Green is the one we all deserve!!

I think the 93rd minute goal conceded last week is a quiet reminder that there will be a few ''hands on head'' moments still to come. Personally, I want City to go out and show they are the best team in this league in the last 9 games, and comfortably win promotion (and the title) in style. Experience says it might be a little more complicated.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]YES i''ve bumped my own post because still the negative posts keep appearing,forget Celtic,forget Bates forget the wounded animal that is Leeds bull[:|]  now remember we are top on merit we have to get out of the feeling sorry for ourselves what if it all goes wrong crap!! We will perform like champions tomorrow and thats not being cocky or me getting ahead of myself thats me being positive because i have seen City come back to life this season and i firmly believe we will see it out untill the end of the season,and i say that without any doubt in my mind!!!! Come on people start to believe that for once this team in Yellow and Green is the one we all deserve!![/quote]I will celebrate and believe when the job is done and not a moment before, we are in a great position but there is still 9 games and 27 points to go, we''re not done just yet. I personally think Leeds will beat us tomorrow (It''s the kind of thing they do after being crap for so long) but I''m sure we will play a good game and give it everything. I won''t be downbeat about it though if we do lose as we''ve got more than enough games to still easily gain promotion. I''m not being pessimistic or negative, just sensible and realistic, and not counting my chickens before they''ve hatched.

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="PhatCanary"]YES i''ve bumped my own post because still the negative posts keep appearing,forget Celtic,forget Bates forget the wounded animal that is Leeds bull[:|]  now remember we are top on merit we have to get out of the feeling sorry for ourselves what if it all goes wrong crap!! We will perform like champions tomorrow and thats not being cocky or me getting ahead of myself thats me being positive because i have seen City come back to life this season and i firmly believe we will see it out untill the end of the season,and i say that without any doubt in my mind!!!! Come on people start to believe that for once this team in Yellow and Green is the one we all deserve!![/quote]

I will celebrate and believe when the job is done and not a moment before, we are in a great position but there is still 9 games and 27 points to go, we''re not done just yet. I personally think Leeds will beat us tomorrow (It''s the kind of thing they do after being crap for so long) but I''m sure we will play a good game and give it everything. I won''t be downbeat about it though if we do lose as we''ve got more than enough games to still easily gain promotion. I''m not being pessimistic or negative, just sensible and realistic, and not counting my chickens before they''ve hatched.
[/quote]

Why? Why do you think a poor Leeds team will beat us, why so negative,i just don''t get it,and i''m not counting chickens i just have faith in the team and in the coaching team we have,yes sometimes football throws up an odd result but we have no reason to doubt the team!

Agree with the OP, positivity is everything & we have every reason to go into the game with the confidence that we can beat a Leeds team who thought they would steam this division.We have the players,we have the fans,we need the mentality to get revenge as we did against Colchester & we need to come out firing on all cylinders against a Leeds team who may be up for it but who are by no means unbeatable.We are top for a reason,lets show Leeds exactly what that reason is.The hand wringers & faint hearts full of negative thoughts,should perhaps keep those thoughts to themselves.

[quote user="fire3822"]Agree with the OP, positivity is everything & we have every reason to go into the game with the confidence that we can beat a Leeds team who thought they would steam this division.We have the players,we have the fans,we need the mentality to get revenge as we did against Colchester & we need to come out firing on all cylinders against a Leeds team who may be up for it but who are by no means unbeatable.We are top for a reason,lets show Leeds exactly what that reason is.
The hand wringers & faint hearts full of negative thoughts,should perhaps keep those thoughts to themselves.
[/quote]

Suggesting that we might not win tomorrow isn''t negative, it''s a realistic possibility.  When Hucks was asked on Radio Norfolk this morning he said he thought it would be a draw, so is he being negative?  (He got quite narked when the presenter asked him if that meant he had a foot in both camps!)

What people say on this message board isn''t going to make any difference to the result, so why do you want to censor other people''s posts? 

In seasons gone by I could forgive people for being so negative, but havent they seen the winning never say die attitude/mentality Lambert et al has instilled in the squad??? This season has been so different to anything we have experienced since we walked off with the Championship. Absolutely nothing from this season (other than game 1 of course) makes me think we are going to crumble away and end up in the playoffs. Nothing wrong with being slightly cautious or nervous, but bloody hell cheer up!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="PhatCanary"]YES i''ve bumped my own post because still the negative posts keep appearing,forget Celtic,forget Bates forget the wounded animal that is Leeds bull[:|]  now remember we are top on merit we have to get out of the feeling sorry for ourselves what if it all goes wrong crap!! We will perform like champions tomorrow and thats not being cocky or me getting ahead of myself thats me being positive because i have seen City come back to life this season and i firmly believe we will see it out untill the end of the season,and i say that without any doubt in my mind!!!! Come on people start to believe that for once this team in Yellow and Green is the one we all deserve!![/quote]I will celebrate and believe when the job is done and not a moment before, we are in a great position but there is still 9 games and 27 points to go, we''re not done just yet. I personally think Leeds will beat us tomorrow (It''s the kind of thing they do after being crap for so long) but I''m sure we will play a good game and give it everything. I won''t be downbeat about it though if we do lose as we''ve got more than enough games to still easily gain promotion. I''m not being pessimistic or negative, just sensible and realistic, and not counting my chickens before they''ve hatched.[/quote]

Why? Why do you think a poor Leeds team will beat us, why so negative,i just don''t get it,and i''m not counting chickens i just have faith in the team and in the coaching team we have,yes sometimes football throws up an odd result but we have no reason to doubt the team!

[/quote]Simply because we''re not much better than them and Leeds can beat us if they play to their potential, which I believe they will tomorrow. I think we can beat them and I hope we do, I just think we won''t.

We will win and it wont be close either . 3-0 , with holt getting at least 2 .