Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Prepare to see more of me!

I''ve been told today i''m being made redundant. Gutted.

NCFC is the only good thing left right now, so i will be coming here for sunshine and happiness!

Unless we start losing :(

[quote user="a1canary"]I''ve been told today i''m being made redundant. Gutted. NCFC is the only good thing left right now, so i will be coming here for sunshine and happiness! Unless we start losing :([/quote]Gutted, very sorry to hear that...something else will come along[Y]

[quote user="a1canary"]I''ve been told today i''m being made redundant. Gutted. NCFC is the only good thing left right now, so i will be coming here for sunshine and happiness! Unless we start losing :([/quote]

That''s crap mate, but like CITD says, something will come up.

[quote user="a1canary"]I''ve been told today i''m being made redundant. Gutted.

NCFC is the only good thing left right now, so i will be coming here for sunshine and happiness!

Unless we start losing :([/quote]Sorry to hear that mate, I know exactly how that feels!

How long before this thread degenerates into a slagging match between the forum''s righties and lefties?Sorry to hear you lost your job, btw. Best of luck out there. [Y]

Sorry to hear that, hope you find something new soon. If you want some hope at this dreadfull time I was made redundant 28 years ago. It turned out to be one of the best things ever to happen to me. I got a new job on double the pay and have never looked back since.

Know how that feels so do fell for you mate...............just found a job after 8 months on the scrap heap...there is live after redundancy

Good luck

Awful news, a1.  I''ve never experienced the pain of redundancy before, but to echo jbghost''s sentiments, I''ve known people who have used it as an opportunity rather than a set-back.Its patronising and cliched to say, but chin up and hope for better things around the corner!Incidentally, what line of work are you in? (I ask selfishly since I''m beginning the job search down in Norfolk for the summer and want to know how many people I''m up against) [;)]

Been made redundant twice and come out of it with better jobs. Am now in my perfect job...well apart from anything connected to NCFC. Good luck in your search!

[quote user="a1canary"]I''ve been told today i''m being made redundant. Gutted. NCFC is the only good thing left right now, so i will be coming here for sunshine and happiness! Unless we start losing :([/quote]

Mate - I am so sorry. I do know how you feel as happened to me during 2003/04 season - the only thing that kept me going (apart from my friends and family) was the fact that we were "top of the league and having a laugh".

Stay positive and something will come along - I know that is what everyone will tell you but it is true. At times like this you find out who your true friends are.

Very sorry to hear that a1. Like others have said, i only hope this unfortunate episode will open another few windows of oppertunity for you.I''d like to think you can also take solace in the fact that you''re not having to endure another relegation season, or period of utter mediocrity in the football world, to help keep your chin up a little for the time being.[:)]

Well that''s a real downer a1. I''m gutted for you and I hope something comes your way soon that''s even better than that you have lost.

If we see more of you on here the forum will be a better place and just maybe we can delve a bit deeper into your gingerist views on central defenders[;)]

Be lucky my friend[Y]

Guys, i''m really choked by these responses, can''t thank you all enough.

I hope, like you say, it leads to better things.

For those that asked, i work (and have always worked) in the public sector, more specifically in economic development and community enterprise. These are not statutory roles in the public sector though, so first to go in cost cutting measures.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]How long before this thread degenerates into a slagging match between the forum''s righties and lefties?

Sorry to hear you lost your job, btw. Best of luck out there. [Y]
[/quote]

Bloody foreigners stealing our jobs, cheap Chinese crap replacing our manufacturing, damned Labour government, stinking bankers getting us into this mess, etc, etc...

....and now for a right wing view over to Arthur.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]A1, I wish the best for you and Morty, or anyone else that is going through similar difficulties at this difficult time.  [/quote]I echo those sentiments. It happened to me 3 years ago so I know what a shock it is to the system.When one door closes another opens.

all the best A1 be sure something will turn up.......u will always have us here and the team of course.......could be worse u could be from ipswich and have 6 fingers 9 toes and married to ya sister and be made redundent..........

Have you got any dependants? Wife? Kids? Mortgage to pay?

Bad news A1 - while it may feel like a big kick in the nuts right now, you do come out of stronger, keep your pecker up, be prepared for a humbling experience at the job centre. Go now and tell them ''cause they won''t backdate it if you go later. 

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Hope we can keep you amused/sane on here but not for too long.

sorry to hear your news, something will come up when your least expecting it too. This is happening to lots of people, and they say we r out of all this... i work for tesco even they are laying off... i think places do it incase of something happening... good luck :)

Thanks again people, very much appreciated. Really restores faith in human kind! In answer to mustachio, a wife and a 2year old. But no mortgage. No-one can afford a house in Cambridge! Not since about 2001 at least! Anyway I didn''t mean to hijack the board with my personal problems! I''m definitely not the only one. Maybe archant should start a counselling service for depressed canaries! Really just came on for some good things after being told the news. At least there is much to be happy about at FCR!

Chin up mate, my advice get crackin on updating your CV and lie through your back teeth, most employers now dont even check half of it and once you''ve got your foot in the door and prooved you can do the job, they wont get rid of ya, change which uni degree you got according for each job. be back in work in no time! 

Sorry to hear that matey, I was outta work from June to December last year and it''s not fun.

Hope ya get on your feet again soon.