Sign in to follow this  
Squire

Promotion Celebration

[quote user="ArthurWhittle"]Glad to hear it CA, seemed to fly straight over Nuttys head.[/quote]

Can''t help being too slow for the likes of you and Angel Arthur. I bet I''m not the only one you two put in the shade[H]

How could you not celebrate promotion?

However we choose to celebrate we will receive stick from others saying ''it''s only League 1 you''ve been promoted from''. But in my opinion, I couldn''t care less! [:P]

[quote user="Jen Jen "]

However we choose to celebrate we will receive stick from others saying ''it''s only League 1 you''ve been promoted from''. But in my opinion, I couldn''t care less! [:P]

[/quote]

Of course we''ll all celebrate but an open top bus tour round the city might be a bit over the top.

Whittle said: Earlier in pre season, I said I wouldnt celebrate too much as we should never have ended up in this position.

However, after getting rid of Gunn and clearing out the dead wood, bringing in McNally, and Lambert, we fully deserve to celebrate.

Doris will not be looking forward top cleaning the bed sheets the day after........

Blimey - you expecting a Trainspotting moment?

[quote user="Squire"]Lakey in todays EDP thinks there''s not much cause. I can see the point he''s making, but if it comes to pass (not counting chickens), I for one, will certainly be celebrating.[/quote]Lakey is bang out of line on this one. Sure make a point to the people that got us relegated maybe but why would you want to add a sour note on the end of a feel good season when you want the team to carry the momentum forward to next season?Some of the players we have were never given a chance last season - Lappin, Hoolahan, Martin and Spillane and then you have the likes of Lambert, Holt, Askou, R. Martin and Nelson who have come in and done very well for us. All of them deserve a massive pat on the back for getting us back up to where we should have been this season.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Jen Jen "]

[/quote]

Of course we''ll all celebrate but an open top bus tour round the city might be a bit over the top.

[/quote]Why? Not all of the players we have deserve to be punnished for last season and our manager certainly doesn''t. All of the team and the management have slogged their guts out this season and deserve a celebration - the club at boardroom level may not but then why demoralise the team just because of that? We surely want the team to carry every bit of momentum into next season with them?

Like Chicken and I have both said, some of this squad, management, coaching staff and boardroom members were not part of our relegation and deserve to celebarte.

Could anyone on here honsetly begrudge Lambert and Holt the right to celebrate???

There''s basically two schools of thought on this - the one that recognises what an amazing job Lambert has done this season and wants to enjoy itself after so many years of misery. I can certainly understand that.

But I think, on balance, I''m in the other camp. Promotion this season will achieve exactly what the 0-6 loss at Fulham achieved - a season in the Championship. Anyone suggesting an open-top bus then would have been laughed at. I think it would be a pretty good sign of the club''s new found professionalism if McNally were to say that this is only the beginning - we''ve secured promotion to the league below the one we should be in. We congratulate Lambert and the players, but we also recognise that winning League One is an embarrassment for this club at the same time that it''s achievement for the team.

We''re at home on the last day of the season. Let''s pick up the trophy then, chuck it around on a well-deserved lap of honour, get drunk, then pretend that League One never happened and start working out how we get back to the Premier League.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Chris Lakey is spot on , no City fan should want a open topped bus parade for winning a mickey mouse league , all it will do is give the binners something else to laugh at , not to mention the complete waste of money it would be.
[/quote]

An extended lap of honour after our final home game will suffice....Then, the real hard-work starts.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Saturday Boy"]

To be honest i found the open top bus tour when we won the championship over the top and a bit embarrassing. Perhaps its because when I first started going to Carra Rud we were regularly challenging towards the top half of the old 1st division and beating the ''big clubs''. whilst enjoying this season, and the play-off championship winning seasons, I personally think that civic receptions and open-top bus tours should only be for when we win a major trophy, and if that is only once every 50 years or so, than that is what will make it special!

[/quote]

While I can understand what you are saying Saturday Boy, if civic receptions and open-top bus tours were reserved for clubs who won a major trophy then only the big four would ever have them. They would sell the rights to Sky TV who would insist on these celebrations taking place at some ridiculous time of day that would prevent folk from actually attending.

[/quote]

I think they should have had a funeral march through Norwich after our relegation last May....With Delia at the front of the march and the rest of the board following the open topped hearse containing the squad....and Doncaster at the wheel....

What an absolute disgrace that this is even being discussed- i feel like i am reading WACCOE :-(. WE were relegated from the championship after 2/3 very bad seasons and thoroughly deserve to be in league one. We have no divine right to be in the championship- or even the premiership (yawn) so if we are lucky enough to get promoted then of course it is something to be celebrated. It is attitudes like this that has kept Leeds in league one for the last two seasons and everyone else pleased about it.

It is disrespectful to the teams in league one, the players/ coaches that have done fantastic for us this season, that havent played/managed at championship level (holt, lambert etc) that this would be the highlight of their careers so far. Not to mention that NCFC''s trophey cabinet is hardly brimming with silverwear. Where Mr lakey got the idea that we were Real-effing-Madrid i don''t know.

IF we get promoted i will be celebrating, and dont see any reason why the club should not be rightly proud if the achievment.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Chris Lakey is spot on , no City fan should want a open topped bus parade for winning a mickey mouse league , all it will do is give the binners something else to laugh at , not to mention the complete waste of money it would be.
[/quote]

An extended lap of honour after our final home game will suffice....

[/quote]Agreed Mello, via the Castle Mound..................in a roofless bus![;)]

[quote user="motley7"]What an absolute disgrace that this is even being discussed- i feel like i am reading WACCOE :-(. WE were relegated from the championship after 2/3 very bad seasons and thoroughly deserve to be in league one. We have no divine right to be in the championship- or even the premiership (yawn) so if we are lucky enough to get promoted then of course it is something to be celebrated. It is attitudes like this that has kept Leeds in league one for the last two seasons and everyone else pleased about it.

It is disrespectful to the teams in league one, the players/ coaches that have done fantastic for us this season, that havent played/managed at championship level (holt, lambert etc) that this would be the highlight of their careers so far. Not to mention that NCFC''s trophey cabinet is hardly brimming with silverwear. Where Mr lakey got the idea that we were Real-effing-Madrid i don''t know.

IF we get promoted i will be celebrating, and dont see any reason why the club should not be rightly proud if the achievment.[/quote]Hurrah for common sense!May I politely suggest that those who don''t like it, just don''t go...

Celebrate it, its not a walk in the park and the last think I would want is for NCFC fans to become like Leeds fans with a holier than thou attitude towards the league. Your only as good as the league you are in, untill you are out of it. We deserve to be in league 1, but this squad and manger are proving we are good enough to leave it, and so when they take us up they should be given a celebration for their achievement.

[quote user="birchfest"]Celebrate it, its not a walk in the park and the last think I would want is for NCFC fans to become like Leeds fans with a holier than thou attitude towards the league. Your only as good as the league you are in, untill you are out of it. We deserve to be in league 1, but this squad and manger are proving we are good enough to leave it, and so when they take us up they should be given a celebration for their achievement.
[/quote]

Depends who funds it.....I don''t think the club can afford it.

I''m just wondering what Paul Lambert would think if we didnt. I may be wrong but I dont think he has ever won anything before as a manager and I feel he may me a bit miffed if we didnt celebrate his achievement. After all he had no part in the shambolic goings on that have been allowed to happen in recent seasons. All he has done is put things right. Celebrate I say.

There will be much cause for celebration cause despite we all knowing the one and only reason for us being in |League1 this season is 5 years of bad decision making at the club, promotion will a positive thign and looking at Forets and Leeds'' 3 seasons at this level makes one realise what a big achievement this will have been.

If we win the League I think the club should have a City Hall presentation cause although it only being in real terms the 3rd Division, its not often inour history we''ve win the League we''ve been in!

Are you kiding me?.Did man city celebrate when they won the division 2 play off?.Will leeds celebrate if they fluke 2nd place this season.I for one will be drunk for a week and looking forward to next season

The decision of how we celebrate should rest with Lambert and his management team.

We don''t want to belittle their achievements by making light of it, yet we don''t want to go over-board either.

Personally, I''d the annual lap of honour against Carlisle, trophy presentation and then extended Carrow Road opening (for an extra hour say) after the game to celebrate. If they''re relaying the pitch over the summer, perhaps allow supporters on the pitch after everything else has been done?

But, the decision should be Lambert''s.

I think it''s up to the club and manager how they wish to celebrate IF we do win and get promoted, but there''s nothing stopping us NCFC fans putting together a celebration of our own, personally I reckon it would be pretty much off the cuff celebrations anyhow.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]There''s basically two schools of thought on this - the one that recognises what an amazing job Lambert has done this season and wants to enjoy itself after so many years of misery. I can certainly understand that.

But I think, on balance, I''m in the other camp. Promotion this season will achieve exactly what the 0-6 loss at Fulham achieved - a season in the Championship. Anyone suggesting an open-top bus then would have been laughed at. I think it would be a pretty good sign of the club''s new found professionalism if McNally were to say that this is only the beginning - we''ve secured promotion to the league below the one we should be in. We congratulate Lambert and the players, but we also recognise that winning League One is an embarrassment for this club at the same time that it''s achievement for the team.

We''re at home on the last day of the season. Let''s pick up the trophy then, chuck it around on a well-deserved lap of honour, get drunk, then pretend that League One never happened and start working out how we get back to the Premier League.[/quote]Nice. Well done Lambert for getting us up but because some other twonks got us here in the first place we wont be celebrating your or your players achievement this year.Do you really think McNally will say that? No bloody way will he, he will want to show the others what success is and the players to get the taste in their mouths for more.I''m sorry but if I was a player and heard a supporter saying they don''t want to celebrate success then why would I want to care? Listen to Lambert - he loves the support, the crowd, the recognition - denying thim and HIS team a chance to celebrate achievement would be a swift slap in the face would it not?What has it come to if our own fans want to seek some sort of justice by taking recognition for an outstanding season away from those that deserve it. Perhaps it is WE who do not deserve to celebrate?Celebrating promotion has nothing to do with the board other than McNally''s ruthlessness in getting Lambert in, after that it is down to Lambert, his timely substitutions and good tactics, and the team that respond incredibly well to his management team and to the passionate fans that support them. The success this season has nothing to do with the failure of Grant, Roeder and to some extent Gunn. It has everything to do with the team we have now and the manager we have now.How miserable are we?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]There''s basically two schools of thought on this - the one that recognises what an amazing job Lambert has done this season and wants to enjoy itself after so many years of misery. I can certainly understand that. But I think, on balance, I''m in the other camp. Promotion this season will achieve exactly what the 0-6 loss at Fulham achieved - a season in the Championship. Anyone suggesting an open-top bus then would have been laughed at. I think it would be a pretty good sign of the club''s new found professionalism if McNally were to say that this is only the beginning - we''ve secured promotion to the league below the one we should be in. We congratulate Lambert and the players, but we also recognise that winning League One is an embarrassment for this club at the same time that it''s achievement for the team. We''re at home on the last day of the season. Let''s pick up the trophy then, chuck it around on a well-deserved lap of honour, get drunk, then pretend that League One never happened and start working out how we get back to the Premier League.[/quote]

Nice. Well done Lambert for getting us up but because some other twonks got us here in the first place we wont be celebrating your or your players achievement this year.

Do you really think McNally will say that? No bloody way will he, he will want to show the others what success is and the players to get the taste in their mouths for more.

I''m sorry but if I was a player and heard a supporter saying they don''t want to celebrate success then why would I want to care? Listen to Lambert - he loves the support, the crowd, the recognition - denying thim and HIS team a chance to celebrate achievement would be a swift slap in the face would it not?

What has it come to if our own fans want to seek some sort of justice by taking recognition for an outstanding season away from those that deserve it. Perhaps it is WE who do not deserve to celebrate?

Celebrating promotion has nothing to do with the board other than McNally''s ruthlessness in getting Lambert in, after that it is down to Lambert, his timely substitutions and good tactics, and the team that respond incredibly well to his management team and to the passionate fans that support them. The success this season has nothing to do with the failure of Grant, Roeder and to some extent Gunn. It has everything to do with the team we have now and the manager we have now.

How miserable are we?
[/quote]

How miserable are they?  Not we lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I think it''s up to the club and manager how they wish to celebrate IF we do win and get promoted, but there''s nothing stopping us NCFC fans putting together a celebration of our own, personally I reckon it would be pretty much off the cuff celebrations anyhow.[/quote]I agree WAY. Back when we won promotion before, many of us celebrated with our fellow fans immediately after the match when the league winners'' position became ours. We then celebrated with thousands of others in the city with NCFC with the league winners'' cup on the open-top bus. Everyone will celebrate in the way in which they choose.

Of course we''ll all celebrate and of course there will be a lap of celebration once we''re mathmatically up and at the end of the season, still think a city hall reception or an open tour bus round the city would be over the top though.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Of course we''ll all celebrate and of course there will be a lap of celebration once we''re mathmatically up and at the end of the season, still think a city hall reception or an open tour bus round the city would be over the top though.[/quote]

Why? You said this already but no reason why?

Those guys out there every weekend have done everything that we could have asked of them so far this season. If we go up as champions I would be disgusted if we did not celebrate - if we went up 2nd I still think they deserve something more than the lap of honour which they get every season at the last home game of the season anyway.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]If it wasnt for Lambert and McNally, we would be midtable.[/quote]

Add a team of triers who have passion and play for the shirt to what you have stated and I will agree 100%