Sign in to follow this  
"""""""""Ben """""""""""

Score predictions for the Colchester Game.

3-1 to Colchester your record against us is not very good, look at these stats provided by one of our fans on the OMB
Since the 1954-55 season , Colchester have

played Norwich 8 times at Layer Road in league games,Colchester scored 15 goals and conceded 7, 5 Colchester wins , 2

draws and only one Norwich victory. In all 8 games Colchester have not

failed to score , Norwich failed on 3 occasions . After 25 games we are 9 each and 7 draws , lot''s of Norwich''s

wins were in our 1st few years as a league club, since September 1954 our record having played

Norwich 17 times, read''s Colchester won 9 , Norwich won 3 and 5 draws

. that''s on both grounds. Since then Norwich have played Colchester home and away in 17 league games and won only 3. If you take history into account (and these stats are correct!)  it does not look good for you boys.

I expect Lambert and the boys are quaking in their boots at the thought of facing both Colchester AND history.

The first goal will be crucial, so I hope City can break the recent habit of starting slowly. In their last home game, they managed a 2-1 win against a good Southampton team in spite of the Saints being well on top on possession, shots, corners and the rest. Good finishing will be the key, and City have that in abundance, so I would say 2-1 to City. It will certainly be the hardest test since Leeds though.

[quote user="Colchester fan"]3-1 to Colchester your record against us is not very good, look at these stats provided by one of our fans on the OMB

Since the 1954-55 season , Colchester have played Norwich 8 times at Layer Road in league games,Colchester scored 15 goals and conceded 7, 5 Colchester wins , 2 draws and only one Norwich victory. In all 8 games Colchester have not failed to score , Norwich failed on 3 occasions . After 25 games we are 9 each and 7 draws , lot''s of Norwich''s wins were in our 1st few years as a league club, since September 1954 our record having played Norwich 17 times, read''s Colchester won 9 , Norwich won 3 and 5 draws . that''s on both grounds. Since then Norwich have played Colchester home and away in 17 league games and won only 3.

If you take history into account (and these stats are correct!)  it does not look good for you boys.

[/quote]

History is meaningless. 

If anybody knows how to beat Colchester, it will be Lambert[;)]  Be afraid, be very afraid...

Who cares what the stats say. Man Utd had never been beaten by a lower league team and nocked out of the fa cup in the 3rd round under ferguson, look what happend. At the end of the day were going to thrash you 3-0 and then your little stats will be meaningless.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Colchester fan"]3-1 to Colchester your record against us is not very good, look at these stats provided by one of our fans on the OMB

Since the 1954-55 season , Colchester have played Norwich 8 times at Layer Road in league games,Colchester scored 15 goals and conceded 7, 5 Colchester wins , 2 draws and only one Norwich victory. In all 8 games Colchester have not failed to score , Norwich failed on 3 occasions . After 25 games we are 9 each and 7 draws , lot''s of Norwich''s wins were in our 1st few years as a league club, since September 1954 our record having played Norwich 17 times, read''s Colchester won 9 , Norwich won 3 and 5 draws . that''s on both grounds. Since then Norwich have played Colchester home and away in 17 league games and won only 3. If you take history into account (and these stats are correct!)  it does not look good for you boys.

[/quote]

History is meaningless. 

If anybody knows how to beat Colchester, it will be Lambert[;)]  Be afraid, be very afraid...

[/quote]True although we play a different game to when he was at the WHCS different players in some cases, and a team who look happy and not scared to lose rather than wanting to win.

[quote user="benedictgr"]Who cares what the stats say. Man Utd had never been beaten by a lower league team and nocked out of the fa cup in the 3rd round under ferguson, look what happend. At the end of the day were going to thrash you 3-0 and then your little stats will be meaningless.[/quote]True stats are there to be changed who would have bet on us scoring 7 (SEVEN) at Carrow Road [;)]

We''ve got a team that have something that was lacking the last time they met.

A desire to win, a passion to play good football & a belief that we will win this time & some of the divisions top scorers to give Colchester the spanking they deserve!

This time its not on the rebound of being relegated to this division for the first time in 50 years!

This time its not with a bits & pieces team put together after all the mercenaries had jumped ship!

This time its not with the fear of administration!

This time its with a team that oozes confidence,ability,fitness,strength & a massive loyal fanbase & who will be ready,willing & up for any battle to get that revenge!  

Hopefully . . . or they need a good kick up the a**e.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]The first goal will be crucial, so I hope City can break the recent habit of starting slowly. In their last home game, they managed a 2-1 win against a good Southampton team in spite of the Saints being well on top on possession, shots, corners and the rest. Good finishing will be the key, and City have that in abundance, so I would say 2-1 to City. It will certainly be the hardest test since Leeds though.[/quote]

I am usually nervous about games like these, where everyone is talking about revenge and putting little clubs in their place. Col Who are very good at home - defensively we are not brilliant but we score goals so I can see this being another high scoring game. If we start well I think we''ll win,maybe 3 or 4-2 but a 3-3 wouldn''t surprise me. I can''t see us losing......but then I think I said that about the home game! I would take a draw now.

Lambert should have a good idea of CU''s capabilities, but he himself has nothing to prove as he was the victor last time. Our players will have apoint to prove but I think that will breed some anxiety and I can see Doc giving away a bad penalty and getting sent off making life difficult. We are due a loss as well. I hope I am wrong but I don''t have enough confidence yet to go for a win for us, I''d take a 2-2 with both hands.

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="benedictgr"]Who cares what the stats say. Man Utd had never been beaten by a lower league team and nocked out of the fa cup in the 3rd round under ferguson, look what happend. At the end of the day were going to thrash you 3-0 and then your little stats will be meaningless.[/quote]

True stats are there to be changed who would have bet on us scoring 7 (SEVEN) at Carrow Road [;)]
[/quote]

Yeahh well done you beat us 7-1. A once in a a lifetime result and will never happen again. If your saying true stats are there to be changed, whoes to say we won''t beat you 7-0.

[quote user="benedictgr"]

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="benedictgr"]Who cares what the stats say. Man Utd had never been beaten by a lower league team and nocked out of the fa cup in the 3rd round under ferguson, look what happend. At the end of the day were going to thrash you 3-0 and then your little stats will be meaningless.[/quote]True stats are there to be changed who would have bet on us scoring 7 (SEVEN) at Carrow Road [;)][/quote]

Yeahh well done you beat us 7-1. A once in a a lifetime result and will never happen again. If your saying true stats are there to be changed, whoes to say we won''t beat you 7-0.

[/quote]Well me for one!Obviously that away win was exceptional just like our defeat at Preston was, and either could happen again but it is very unlikely, Saturdays match will be a hotly contested, dirty fouling beast of a game, I dont think either side will play well because they wont be allowed to, and therefore neither side will win by more than one or two goals difference.

[quote user="KenBrown"]Local derbies are always tough.  I could easily see that  2-2 being the final score but even 0 - 0 would nt surprise me
[/quote]

The last local derby was not tough. For Colchester. [:$]

Are there any pre-match odds on a 7-1 Norwich win?

I''m going Colchester 1-8 Norwich!

Holt 2, Hoolahan 2, Martin 2, Smith and Doc! And Hendo of course for them...

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="benedictgr"]

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="benedictgr"]Who cares what the stats say. Man Utd had never been beaten by a lower league team and nocked out of the fa cup in the 3rd round under ferguson, look what happend. At the end of the day were going to thrash you 3-0 and then your little stats will be meaningless.[/quote]

True stats are there to be changed who would have bet on us scoring 7 (SEVEN) at Carrow Road [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well me for one!

Obviously that away win was exceptional just like our defeat at Preston was, and either could happen again but it is very unlikely, Saturdays match will be a hotly contested, dirty fouling beast of a game, I dont think either side will play well because they wont be allowed to, and therefore neither side will win by more than one or two goals difference.
[/quote]

Yeah I know it would be unlikely but its got just as much chance of happening as your 7-1 win against us did.  I agree with you on that it will be a close game and i''m going to enjoy watching it. I just think that on the day we''ll come out on top, as we have more quality players and will be more up for it.

[quote user="benedictgr"][quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="benedictgr"]

[quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="benedictgr"]Who cares what the stats say. Man Utd had never been beaten by a lower league team and nocked out of the fa cup in the 3rd round under ferguson, look what happend. At the end of the day were going to thrash you 3-0 and then your little stats will be meaningless.[/quote]True stats are there to be changed who would have bet on us scoring 7 (SEVEN) at Carrow Road [;)][/quote]

[/quote]Well me for one!Obviously that away win was exceptional just like our defeat at Preston was, and either could happen again but it is very unlikely, Saturdays match will be a hotly contested, dirty fouling beast of a game, I dont think either side will play well because they wont be allowed to, and therefore neither side will win by more than one or two goals difference.[/quote]

Yeah I know it would be unlikely but its got just as much chance of happening as your 7-1 win against us did.  I agree with you on that it will be a close game and i''m going to enjoy watching it. I just think that on the day we''ll come out on top, as we have more quality players and will be more up for it.

[/quote]We Will Win. [Y] [:|]

No - really can''t see why they have chosen our game v Southend and not the Norwich game. Complete lack of understanding of lower league football.

[quote user="colufan"]No - really can''t see why they have chosen our game v Southend and not the Norwich game. Complete lack of understanding of lower league football.[/quote]

Totally agree. If the game was also on sky then maybe it would be less norwich fans trying to get tickets in the home end. Although the top two (leeds vs norwich) was on sky.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="KenBrown"]Local derbies are always tough.  I could easily see that  2-2 being the final score but even 0 - 0 would nt surprise me
[/quote]

The last local derby was not tough. For Colchester. [:$]

[/quote]

Why? What was the score when they played Southend, can''t say I paid any attention.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="benedictgr"][quote user="Colchester fan"][quote user="benedictgr"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well me for one!

Obviously that away win was exceptional just like our defeat at Preston was, and either could happen again but it is very unlikely, Saturdays match will be a hotly contested, dirty fouling beast of a game, I dont think either side will play well because they wont be allowed to, and therefore neither side will win by more than one or two goals difference.
[/quote]

[/quote]

We Will Win. [Y] [:|]
[/quote]

I know 2-1 like i said

[quote user="Colchester fan"]3-1 to Colchester your record against us is not very good, look at these stats provided by one of our fans on the OMB

Since the 1954-55 season , Colchester have played Norwich 8 times at Layer Road in league games,Colchester scored 15 goals and conceded 7, 5 Colchester wins , 2 draws and only one Norwich victory. In all 8 games Colchester have not failed to score , Norwich failed on 3 occasions . After 25 games we are 9 each and 7 draws , lot''s of Norwich''s wins were in our 1st few years as a league club, since September 1954 our record having played Norwich 17 times, read''s Colchester won 9 , Norwich won 3 and 5 draws . that''s on both grounds. Since then Norwich have played Colchester home and away in 17 league games and won only 3.

If you take history into account (and these stats are correct!)  it does not look good for you boys.

[/quote]

With this in mind I don''t think there is much history either way. I think it will be close but as you aren''t used to playing in front of big crowds for me it''s Norwich by the odd goal in three.

Good to see Brendan and benedictgr have copied my fifa thing - shame your win ratio isn''t quite as good as mine [;)]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Good to see Brendan and benedictgr have copied my fifa thing - shame your win ratio isn''t quite as good as mine [;)][/quote]Shame you haven''t got anywhere near as many Ranking points as me big slob [;)]