Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

No additional ticket allocation for Colchester-Norwich game

[quote user="NCFC1"]will have to sit in their end then. it seems they want something to kick off then they will have to pay the police bill when it does[/quote]

Prat

They get a police bill.  We get a fine and likely points deduction

Grow up

[quote user="NCFC1"]will have to sit in their end then. it seems they want something to kick off then they will have to pay the police bill when it does[/quote]

Well, i''ll be there, home or away end, it doesn''t really matter.

But i certainly won''t be shouting my gob off if i''m sitting with the Colchester fans. Call me a pansy, but i don''t fancy those odds if it does kick off, and if i''m going to make the journey i want to watch the whole game, not get kicked out 10 minutes into it.

I''m not sure if it would be feasible to arrange, but does anyone reckon we''d be able to unofficially congregate the City fans in the home end somewhere?

Seriously though, what a complete moron their chairman must be. He''s causing all sorts of problems for honest City fans who just want to support their club. Pathetic.

[quote user="Barside Edd"]The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety? They are deciding to break the rules due to not getting what they want i.e. more tickets. (don''t get me wrong I understand).

I can''t remember our Chairmans last worth, 75million or something, but I''m sure he would rather not risk the £30k if he didn''t feel really strongly about it. Maybe petty etc but it''s his club and his choice.

An alternative argument could be a) If you hadn''t taken our manager and staff then this wouldn''t be an issue b) If you had agreed a fee and paid up before taking them this wouldn''t be an issue c) if after taking them how you did a fee was agreed and paid up this wouldn''t be an issue d) if Cowling had of said, no more seats and nothing else WOULD this have been the end of the issue?

As I say, I''m surprised you haven''t got them but then I think this is a Big club trying to walk over a little club issue that Cowling is not going to take.

I don''t expect anything decent to come our way from the FA by the way, I find their rulings are usually poor to say the least.
[/quote]

Or this could be the little person(club) syndrome?

I accept some of you points but just because we are considered a big club (and in comparison are), why should we give into any demands made by Cowling? You seem to think we should have bent over and taken it TBH. Neither you nor I know what his demands were and so really are we in a position to comment on whether we should have met them or not?

Finally, nothing decent will come your way from the fa IF we have not done much wrong and because of your chairmans behaviour since with regards to doing business in public!

SIMPLES

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety?[/quote]I don''t understand this, maybe I''m being a bit thick - but if someone buys a ticket to a seat at an event, surely they are entitled to be on that seat at that event ?[/quote]I believe the regulations are that you as an away fan are not entitled to sit in the home end, regulation 13 points this out.I''m not sure ''an event'' like football is the same as other events due to the history involved and the regulations brought in.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="Barside Edd"]The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety? They are deciding to break the rules due to not getting what they want i.e. more tickets. (don''t get me wrong I understand).I can''t remember our Chairmans last worth, 75million or something, but I''m sure he would rather not risk the £30k if he didn''t feel really strongly about it. Maybe petty etc but it''s his club and his choice.An alternative argument could be a) If you hadn''t taken our manager and staff then this wouldn''t be an issue b) If you had agreed a fee and paid up before taking them this wouldn''t be an issue c) if after taking them how you did a fee was agreed and paid up this wouldn''t be an issue d) if Cowling had of said, no more seats and nothing else WOULD this have been the end of the issue?As I say, I''m surprised you haven''t got them but then I think this is a Big club trying to walk over a little club issue that Cowling is not going to take.I don''t expect anything decent to come our way from the FA by the way, I find their rulings are usually poor to say the least.[/quote]

I accept some of you points but just because we are considered a big club (and in comparison are), why should we give into any demands made by Cowling? You seem to think we should have bent over and taken it TBH. Neither you nor I know what his demands were and so really are we in a position to comment on whether we should have met them or not?

Finally, nothing decent will come your way from the fa IF we have not done much wrong and because of your chairmans behaviour since with regards to doing business in public!

SIMPLES

[/quote]1) Could be.2) I don''t think you should have, although I also don''t think you should be allowed to appoint a manager from another club until an agreement is reached.3) The FA hardly ever helps the aggrieved party, how many clubs get the try value for players taken from them?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barside Edd"]The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety? They are deciding to break the rules due to not getting what they want i.e. more tickets. (don''t get me wrong I understand).I can''t remember our Chairmans last worth, 75million or something, but I''m sure he would rather not risk the £30k if he didn''t feel really strongly about it. Maybe petty etc but it''s his club and his choice.An alternative argument could be a) If you hadn''t taken our manager and staff then this wouldn''t be an issue b) If you had agreed a fee and paid up before taking them this wouldn''t be an issue c) if after taking them how you did a fee was agreed and paid up this wouldn''t be an issue d) if Cowling had of said, no more seats and nothing else WOULD this have been the end of the issue?As I say, I''m surprised you haven''t got them but then I think this is a Big club trying to walk over a little club issue that Cowling is not going to take.I don''t expect anything decent to come our way from the FA by the way, I find their rulings are usually poor to say the least.[/quote]Fair enough MortyI understand your points.But he is in a position of responsability, and he is playing out a childish, petty grudge. [/quote]

[quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="Barside Edd"]The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety? They are deciding to break the rules due to not getting what they want i.e. more tickets. (don''t get me wrong I understand).

I can''t remember our Chairmans last worth, 75million or something, but I''m sure he would rather not risk the £30k if he didn''t feel really strongly about it. Maybe petty etc but it''s his club and his choice.

An alternative argument could be a) If you hadn''t taken our manager and staff then this wouldn''t be an issue b) If you had agreed a fee and paid up before taking them this wouldn''t be an issue c) if after taking them how you did a fee was agreed and paid up this wouldn''t be an issue d) if Cowling had of said, no more seats and nothing else WOULD this have been the end of the issue?

As I say, I''m surprised you haven''t got them but then I think this is a Big club trying to walk over a little club issue that Cowling is not going to take.

I don''t expect anything decent to come our way from the FA by the way, I find their rulings are usually poor to say the least.
[/quote]

SIMPLES

[/quote]

1) Could be.

2) I don''t think you should have, although I also don''t think you should be allowed to appoint a manager from another club until an agreement is reached.

3) The FA hardly ever helps the aggrieved party, how many clubs get the try value for players taken from them?
[/quote]

2) You allowed us to speak to PL, he then tendered his resignation. Whatever view you or I have on that are speculation and as such are both probably wrong!

3) This is one of the main points, we have not been reported to the FA simply for compensation issues, we have been reported because according to Cowling we have broken the rules. As far as rule breaches go, I think the FA has been fairly tough over the last 5-6 years.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

2) You allowed us to speak to PL, he then tendered his resignation. Whatever view you or I have on that are speculation and as such are both probably wrong!

3) This is one of the main points, we have not been reported to the FA simply for compensation issues, we have been reported because according to Cowling we have broken the rules. As far as rule breaches go, I think the FA has been fairly tough over the last 5-6 years.

[/quote]2) APPARENTLY with conditions attached, as i say apparently. I honestly believe it was underhanded but my view like yours means nothing in reality3) will be interesting to see what happens either way (it''s not my money whatever happens). We must think we have something, you must think we don''t.

Good see one club acting in a professional & dignified manner by ignoring the petty little whinging..... class above!

[quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety?[/quote]I don''t understand this, maybe I''m being a bit thick - but if someone buys a ticket to a seat at an event, surely they are entitled to be on that seat at that event ?[/quote]I believe the regulations are that you as an away fan are not entitled to sit in the home end, regulation 13 points this out.I''m not sure ''an event'' like football is the same as other events due to the history involved and the regulations brought in.[/quote]I would suggest that anyone removed on the grounds of regulation 13 would have a right to ask for their money back, unless they were being unlawful.  I would hope that the police will use common sense in this matter, as opposed to your traffic warden approach.As for history, football may have a history, but Norwich and Colchester don''t.  I would be staggered if any of our away fans, who regularly travel in their thousands with no problems, were to be "looking for trouble"...

[quote user="Seven Up"]No it''s not. It''s the fault of all those disregarding the Ground Regulations and purchasing tickets in the home areas.[/quote]

what, do you mean like your fans did at Portman Rd when you were in the Championship?  I work with an Ipswich supporting colleague and he moaned like hell at the provocative behaviour of Col U fans in the Ipswich home area the first year you came up.

But luckily as a born in Colchester Norwich fan with a sister with a CO residential postcode, my son and I are already sorted for tickets, and a night out in Colchester after[Y]

Very petty and akin to shooting oneself in the foot cause -

He''ll lose money stopping Norwich fans from coming!

I''m sure more than a few Norwich fans will be buying tickets in the home end which will probably result in trouble at the game!

just added another thread too - trying to work out where exactly we will all be sitting - on our best behaviour of course.....

out of interest when do tickets in the away end (our section) go on sale? im presuming it will be done by written applications only or will it be a farce again last ipswich last season?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety?[/quote]

I don''t understand this, maybe I''m being a bit thick - but if someone buys a ticket to a seat at an event, surely they are entitled to be on that seat at that event ?
[/quote]

I believe the regulations are that you as an away fan are not entitled to sit in the home end, regulation 13 points this out.

I''m not sure ''an event'' like football is the same as other events due to the history involved and the regulations brought in.
[/quote]

I would suggest that anyone removed on the grounds of regulation 13 would have a right to ask for their money back, unless they were being unlawful.  I would hope that the police will use common sense in this matter, as opposed to your traffic warden approach.

As for history, football may have a history, but Norwich and Colchester don''t.  I would be staggered if any of our away fans, who regularly travel in their thousands with no problems, were to be "looking for trouble"...
[/quote]

I believe its regulation 10 that requires people to sit in seats (where they are supplied) during games but do certain fans take any notice?

So do you think people are bothered about regulation 13?

[quote user="Barside Edd"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety?[/quote]

I don''t understand this, maybe I''m being a bit thick - but if someone buys a ticket to a seat at an event, surely they are entitled to be on that seat at that event ?
[/quote]

I believe the regulations are that you as an away fan are not entitled to sit in the home end, regulation 13 points this out.

[/quote]

Do ALL Colchester fans comply with regulation 10 at home games (no standing at games)?

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]out of interest when do tickets in the away end (our section) go on sale? im presuming it will be done by written applications only or will it be a farce again last ipswich last season?[/quote]

What was wrong with Ipswich last year? Priority applications wasn''t it?

yeah it was jb but then there were promises about more tickets and applications taken in late after the deadline were accepted and in the end there was total chaos. im sure if you look it up you''ll find out more

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Barside Edd"]
All the talk about home end fans, well, I expect the stewards etc will do nowt about it, i would expect, as with Sunderland you will find a lot of tickets canceled and therefore a lot will not be able to gain access.

[/quote]

How will they know which tickets to cancel, most of the people who have applied for tickets in the past month could have had the tickets sent to friends with IP or CO addresses and if they don''t wear colours on the day they will be hard to spot.

Bit surprised that your online system is accepting applications from NR post codes anyway but it is!

[/quote]

Put these words in the right order....................flags, database, up, customers, new.

Could I also suggest that we as a group refrain from buying any refreshmenst from Colchester Utd on the day.... if they want to be petty.... Don''t give that whinging Chairman a penny more than necessary

Flouting Regulation 10 will get you ejected on the day and be the first/or next item on your Section 27 ''diary''. From then on Football Inteligence Officers will follow you everywhere home and away, filming and taking notes - both overt and covert, to add to ''your'' diary. Once they have enough diary entries you will be banned from football grounds and town centres. That''s what happens down here as many have testified.

[quote user="Mike Grant"]Could I also suggest that we as a group refrain from buying any refreshmenst from Colchester Utd on the day.... if they want to be petty.... Don''t give that whinging Chairman a penny more than necessary[/quote]

Greatidea and worth a thred of its own. Lets try and drum up enough support for an official boycott

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Barside Edd"]All the talk about home end fans, well, I expect the stewards etc will do nowt about it, i would expect, as with Sunderland you will find a lot of tickets canceled and therefore a lot will not be able to gain access.[/quote]

How will they know which tickets to cancel, most of the people who have applied for tickets in the past month could have had the tickets sent to friends with IP or CO addresses and if they don''t wear colours on the day they will be hard to spot.

Bit surprised that your online system is accepting applications from NR post codes anyway but it is!

[/quote]

Put these words in the right order....................flags, database, up, customers, new.

[/quote]And potentially stop all the new Col U fans who have been "asked" by your "chairman" to come? Fat chance they''ll do that mate, besides, who the hell wants to trawl through the amount of data that would return.

[quote user="Mike Grant"]Could I also suggest that we as a group refrain from buying any refreshmenst from Colchester Utd on the day.... if they want to be petty.... Don''t give that whinging Chairman a penny more than necessary[/quote]

Bad luck - the catering is franchised out at the beginning of the season. So the club dont give a stuff how many carpet burgers or warm beer they sell.

Anything else you can think of? You could of course boycott the match and deprive him of the £36,000 gate money. Why not do that - now that WOULD be a protest to take notice of. Bet you can''t !

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

Bad luck - the catering is franchised out at the beginning of the season. So the club dont give a stuff how many carpet burgers or warm beer they sell.

Anything else you can think of? You could of course boycott the match and deprive him of the £36,000 gate money. Why not do that - now that WOULD be a protest to take notice of. Bet you can''t !

[/quote]Deprive you of 3 pts...yeah thats something else. I will be so satisfied at beating Essex''s 3rd club.