Sign in to follow this  
Jak G

Theoklitos

Anyone else like to see Micky in between the sticks against Paulton? Surely there''s no better time to try him if we are ever going to again. If not what''s point of having him around might aswell send him home. A chance for him to prove himself against not exactly testing opponents? Anyone agree of am I out of my mind?

Much rather see him have a run out in the JPT. This is circus enough without the added rhetoric of Theo''s debut ringing in everyones ears.

I really don''t care if he plays for us again or not.

I''m sure Lambert will give him a chance if he thinks he''s up to it and deserves it. But I can''t see it being tomorrow (if at all).

[quote user="Romantic"]Much rather see him have a run out in the JPT. This is circus enough without the added rhetoric of Theo''s debut ringing in everyones ears.
[/quote]

Agreed, stick him on the bench...

No you''re right Wings he wasn''t the only disaster. But I for one can''t handle the ITV goons picking over his carcass tomorrow. Should run out in the JPT.

[quote user="Romantic"]No you''re right Wings he wasn''t the only disaster. But I for one can''t handle the ITV goons picking over his carcass tomorrow. Should run out in the JPT.
[/quote]

Yeah I agree!

I think its time we give him another chance but would rather it was for the JPT as its not the telly.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]We''ve got to give him another chance sometime, I don''t know if tomorrows the day though. .[/quote]

Why have we?

I can’t see the point of playing Theo ahead of Rudd who is a good young keeper, in need of first team games.

As regards City getting money for Theo, unfortunately I don’t think we have a chance. We’ll have to pay him to go away.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]It''s the Christian thing to do! If we''re not going to play him then get shot of him.[/quote]

The Christian thing to do? the strangest method of team selection in the professional game I have ever heard of. I agree with the earlier poster who thinks that Rudd should be playing as he needs first team experiance.

I''ve no problem with him being reserve to Rudd, but Lambert had better not announce his team too early or he could fail to catch the bus again. [;)]

I think any chance he had of getting back into the team vanished the day he did a no-show for the JPT game.

Wouldn''t be surprised if he was on a plane back to Australia in January, I would imagine he still has some credibility out there and can blame his shut out on the new manager. To be honest I don''t think he is that awful a ''keeper (didn''t he win some award in the A-League?) but sometimes these things just don''t work out.

The general opinion seems to be that he really is as bad as everyone says he is. OK in Australian Football but it doesn''t say much for the standard over there if Ian Crook is considered a good coach and a good judge of a goalkeeper.

It would pay for you guys to actually have a look at some A-League games, it''s not as low quality as it''s made out to be, although there are a few average games granted.

Ian Crook was only ever an assistant coach out here for Sydney so would describe him as being a respected coach by any means.

I''m not sure Theo should be given a run again in the team, poor form for not showing up for the bus, saying that I do believe there is way too much hype on Rudd at the moment, and Foster, although a big commanding figure plays like a goalie half his size and has major problems with distribution at the moment.

Pretty sure Theo could get a contract back down here either in Jan or at the end of the season, he was amazingly consistant for Melbourne during there title winning years.

He also has more heart than alot of you would give him credit for, he turned out for Melbourne a couple of years ago on the day his mother died after a long illness and put in an inspired effort to basically get the win on the day for the team, it might not seem like much to people here but it was inspiring to watch, tears flowing from the man at the end of the match as he looked towards the sky.

He screwed up in the 7-1 loss, put his hand up and took the blame in the interview following the match although this may have been missed by a few of you or taken the wrong way.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]It''s the Christian thing to do! If we''re not going to play him then get shot of him.[/quote]

As a non Christian you might need to explain that to me. Do you mean its the nice or honorable thing to do? Why not bring back in some of the other numptys who don''t deserve a place??

Surely unfairly picking Theoklitos in favour of Rudd would be un-christian. As Rudd deserves his chance and would have to be dropped in favour of Theoklitos he would hardly see the fairness in that.  

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

As a non Christian you might need to explain that to me. Do you mean its the nice or honorable thing to do? Why not bring back in some of the other numptys who don''t deserve a place??

Surely unfairly picking Theoklitos in favour of Rudd would be un-christian. As Rudd deserves his chance and would have to be dropped in favour of Theoklitos he would hardly see the fairness in that.  

[/quote]I think we should bring Andy Goram out of retirement as it would be the Scientologist thing to do.