Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

would you keep the doc..??

clearly the man felt he did not have a future with the canaries . then he plays out of his skin and puts in a great performance ..

keep hold of him or let him go ..? thoughts

He did alright on Saturday, but just alright I would say. He is slow and that is increasingly causing him to use his hands on atackers. It was quite amusing when in one encounter on Saturday he literally picked a Bristol Rovers player up with his forearms from behind and placed him to one side...suffice to say he didn''t get the ref''s decision

I say keep him for the moment but I think Lambert will bring in a few centre backs so I think he will eventually be on his way.

Based on the results from the last 2 games, keep him in the starting line up.  Based on the results since he rode into town 4 years ago, run him outta here on a rail.

My answer would be "no".... if we had a centreback who was:

• better at winning the ball in the air
  • better at reading the game and more positionally aware
  • quicker
  • better with his distribution and use of the ball
  • more experienced

But we ain''t got one.

So...it''s a "yes" from me.

Doc is clearly better than Nelson, Nelson has been in the lower leagues for his career.

Doc has played in the premiership. Doc don''t just hoof it up there like Nelson. Doc has more pace than Nelson.

Would be a first choice centre back. i''m one who thinks Doc is a love or hate player. I love him one season the next i don''t like him.

I''d keep him.  He''s deinitely good enough for this league and is very experienced.  I just wish he''d stop "cuddling" the oppostion all the time.  Another 2 or maybe 3 needles free kicks given away om Saturday in dangerous positions, for which we could have been severely punished.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]You mean you can''t decide?  That''s unlike a Southern Baptist surely?[/quote]

I thought you were supposed to be smart, Camel toe.  Camel tedium, look back at my comment and you can see very clearly I have decided. Then you can plagerize my comment and put it in your nect story, you tiresome windbag of misinformation.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]You mean you can''t decide?  That''s unlike a Southern Baptist surely?[/quote]

I thought you were supposed to be smart, Camel toe.  Camel tedium, look back at my comment and you can see very clearly I have decided. Then you can plagerize my comment and put it in your nect story, you tiresome windbag of misinformation.

[/quote]

I''m trained to know what you are dearie and I know what you are and what comes with it.

Southern Baptist - there may be two people calling themselves Jesus dearie but neither will be Southern Baptists.

Well I think that it''s pretty silly to get rid of players with experience in order to save a few pennies. They can help out on the training gound if nothing more and he has been a good servent of NCFC. Getting rid of Malky, Ewan and many others in the past like Martin Peters never did us any good.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

I''m trained to know what you are dearie and I know what you are and what comes with it.

Southern Baptist - there may be two people calling themselves Jesus dearie but neither will be Southern Baptists.

[/quote]

Camel toe, you''ve been exposed already on here for what you do. Now you''re adding blatant and misguided prejudice to the list. What a laugh you are. 

I am not Southern Baptist. You have obviously never been anywhere near the American south, nor seen any sort of programming about it because there are all sorts of different religious affiliations besides Southern Baptist to choose from. As for the "Two men say they''re Jesus," jingle I have at the end of my comments, that is a line from a song.  It is not about Jesus at all but rather cult leaders who claim to be in contact with God.  It''s a joke you obviously did not get despite your superior training and intellect, you boring blowhard.  So your training got me wrong, but I have seen plenty of other comments re: you and your writings confirming what I wrote about you.  Call Herb and have him beg the PinkUn to have this thread removed before you make an even bigger a$$ of yourself.

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Camel toe, you''ve been exposed already on here for what you do. Now you''re adding blatant and misguided prejudice to the list. What a laugh you are. 

I am not Southern Baptist. You have obviously never been anywhere near the American south, nor seen any sort of programming about it because there are all sorts of different religious affiliations besides Southern Baptist to choose from. As for the "Two men say they''re Jesus," jingle I have at the end of my comments, that is a line from a song.  It is not about Jesus at all but rather cult leaders who claim to be in contact with God.  It''s a joke you obviously did not get despite your superior training and intellect, you boring blowhard.  So your training got me wrong, but I have seen plenty of other comments re: you and your writings confirming what I wrote about you.  Call Herb and have him beg the PinkUn to have this thread removed before you make an even bigger a$$ of yourself.

[/quote]

Cam winding you up again, Houston?  You really shouldn''t rise to the bait.[:D]

[quote user="Dronny Canary"][quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cam winding you up again, Houston?  You really shouldn''t rise to the bait.[:D]

[/quote]

Actually, I kind of thought I was winding him up. I know he went first, but my response to it was stinging. I wanted to see where he''d go with it but he just ducked it and changed the subject.  I love it when that happens. Have you seen the threads about what a joke he is?  They were fast and furious in the summer.  I had always found him to be very boring, but a fake? Wow!

getting back to the thread again rather than letting the whining American ruin yet another thread with his tiresome, petty and pointless rants.........I would keep Doc as he is the best CB we have and it annoys me how some people pick up on every little thing he does but you dont hear anything when Askou for instance gives away a cheap pen or hoofs the ball away giving away possession as he did on Saturday again with Culverhouse again going mad at him, or when Holt needlessly gives a fee kick away as he does so often and/or makes a sloppy passthe doc will be in the top 3 players again this season, providing Lambert keeps him that is

[quote user="Marty"]Keep. he really isn''t as bad as so many people make him out to be.[/quote]Houston?Sorry, yes, Doc. Totally agree.

No. 2 games dont make up for a shocking 4 seasons. Hes clumsy and more suited to rugby. I noticed one of the reasons he played better is the other players used him as a last option when looking for someone to pass to.

[quote user="Lord Arthur Whittle Of Lakenham"]No. 2 games dont make up for a shocking 4 seasons. Hes clumsy and more suited to rugby. I noticed one of the reasons he played better is the other players used him as a last option when looking for someone to pass to.[/quote]Honestly Arthur, you''re entitled to your opinion, but stick to the facts at least. "Shocking 4 seasons" - one of which he won Player of the Season, another of which he came third.If we could get a pair of defenders in who are both better and more experienced than Doc and Nelson I would say let him go. Problem is, that he is without a doubt our strongest centre back on the books at the moment.

Poor old Doc, but my answer is still no. I''ve always supported him, but he has let our team down on countless occasions over the past few years -- only for us fans to see him do ok again, then he lets us down again. I think we just have to draw the line somewhere, let him go and let us get another defender. I appreciate that he may well be a good back up for our other CBs, but if we don''t get rid of him soon then we''ll still be hanging on to a slightly dodgy player with the pace of a snail.

Sorry Doc!

[quote user="singing canary"]

clearly the man felt he did not have a future with the canaries . then he plays out of his skin and puts in a great performance ..

keep hold of him or let him go ..? thoughts

[/quote]

Would I keep him? Yes with out question.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

The Doc is far better than Nelson, and still our best centre back, Nelson is a calamity waiting to happen.